• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Tri |OT| Animal Cruelty Made Fun

I can confirm that hitting Jhen's fin deals quite the damage, we were all trying to knock a hole and suddenly it died, so yeah, keep climbing the bitch, and don't forget your pickaxe!

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Seraphis Cain said:
Got up to HR35 today. And...I think that's gonna be it. At least for a while. I'm becoming more and more burned out with MH. I'm already playing less and less, and it really sucks because all the friends I've made in online multi are getting so far ahead of me. =/ But after like 117 hours, I just don't really want to play that much anymore.
The game has been out for 16 days and you've played for 5 of those days. Take a break.

Danielsan

Does anyone have some good tips on how to make a lot of money in a short span of time?
There is a ton of armour I want to buy but I'm really low on cash.

I've been fighting Jhen al morning and I think I have the fight down reasonably well right now. I still tend to fuck up with the gong so I try to leave that to the others. :lol

So I have to laugh at myself a bit. After trying all of yesterday and a good half of last night to get enough Jhen fangs, I finally create my Guan Dao long sword.......... only to realize that for all but two monsters (jhen and altereon) I have other long swords that are more effective. Well at least it helps complete my set :lol

For some reason I remember Dragon element being so godly in the PSP games, and now it seems like has very limited uses.

Leezard said:
So Europe can do Jhen Mohran now. I just did it with a couple of randoms. We got slaughtered within minutes.

Awesome, I know what I'll be doing tonight then. Does anyone have any idea what the worst armour you could get away with without being one-shotted by Jhen?

Baker

Banned
So after some searching and whining last night, I guess I can confirm a super-lame bug in my game. I have beaten/captured 5-7 Lags. However, his helmet and waist don't even show up in my forge list.

I have all six of his body parts.

NeonZ

I was waiting to buy this alongside Super Street Fighter 4, but MH3 is seemingly sold out everywhere here now (I live in Brazil)... Bad choice...

Baker

Banned
NeonZ said:
I was waiting to buy this alongside Super Street Fighter 4, but MH3 is seemingly sold out everywhere here now (I live in Brazil)... Bad choice...
Don't get them at the same time. I have only played SSF4 twice because of this stupid game.

Haunted

How do you use the ballista binders in Jhen's repel quest?

Tenbatsu said:
Green smoke is your best friend here. Take note of the sound it emit, its the signal that he will be using this move
Hm, I'll try looking for that. Thanks.

Baker

Banned
Haunted said:
How do you use the ballista binders in Jhen's repel quest?
Some dude taught us that last night. The binder is a special ammo type in the supply crate.

The best time to use it is when people are whacking away on Jhen's back because it prevents him from thrashing around as much.

Leezard

Cosmic Schwung said:
Awesome, I know what I'll be doing tonight then. Does anyone have any idea what the worst armour you could get away with without being one-shotted by Jhen?
I use Ludroth, and I survived without any hp boost. With hp boost, you should be able to survive any attack at full hp. Granted, I most likely haven't seen everything Jhen can offer, but still. :lol

Oxx

Hey hey! Just managed to catch that freakin' Great Jaggi. The quest went flawlessly.

I don't know exactly what I was getting so wrong before. The only difference was that I made sure I threw the tranq bombs directly in its face this time.

Anyway, now that's out of the way I can get down to business.

Lenardo

Banned
IlliterateBookworm said:
I was on with markatisu and that sucked donkey balls. Nobody else ever showed and Barroth summoned up the spirit of the plesioth and hip checked my ass from quite a considerable distance.

Then my wife got pissed that the stupid hunt took so long. The one night she gets home reasonably early, doesn't have crappy dramas to watch, and wants to actually do something enjoyable together instead storms off in a funk because we're taking too long.

Rest assured GAF- If the possibility of any kind of bedroom excitement comes up whilst playing Monster Hunter, I will unfortunately be dropping that quest without a second thought. I'm sure you'd all do the same!

take it from me- i have a wife and 3 kids (one of whom is ahead of me on MH3 the bugger(he is 8 and just freaking Destroys things with the hammer)
if wife gets home early and wants to have some alone time...

SHUT THE GAME OFF have some personal time, THEN go back to the game after she is asleep.

we have to deal with making sure the kids are asleep first.

Danielsan

I just noticed that there are two event quests with Jhen.
I was previously in a repel or slay Jhen quest, however, I can only choose repel myself.

Sweet, just got an earth dragongem and elder dragon blood. :D

gotee12

IlliterateBookworm said:
Rest assured GAF- If the possibility of any kind of bedroom excitement comes up whilst playing Monster Hunter, I will unfortunately be dropping that quest without a second thought. I'm sure you'd all do the same!
Since when was this up for debate? "Bedroom excitement" with the wife trumps EVERYTHING...

*goes to farm Rathalos materials*

Hey, that Rathalos was pretty small and took me less than 20 minutes to kill.

*does quest again*

ahHHHHHHHHHHHHHIT'SHUGENOW

EmCeeGramr said:
*goes to farm Rathalos materials*

Hey, that Rathalos was pretty small and took me less than 20 minutes to kill.

*does quest again*

ahHHHHHHHHHHHHHIT'SHUGENOW

Time to update your record book :lol

Plus did you finally put down Diablos?

gotee12

bigdaddygamebot said:
Is it true that achievements were recently implemented for this?
Yes, but they're only available for three weeks out of the month and have proven incredibly difficult to unlock.

Nicktals

Banned
gotee12 said:
Yes, but they're only available for three weeks out of the month and have proven incredibly difficult to unlock.

Wait, what?

What achievements?

What are they? And why are they only available 3 weeks out of the month?

Nicktals

Banned
Danielsan said:
Does anyone have some good tips on how to make a lot of money in a short span of time?
There is a ton of armour I want to buy but I'm really low on cash.

I do it by farming the lightning seeds (forget exactly what they're called...something with storm in the name). It costs 20 p per cycle, and every seed is worth 130z. So I put all 3 of my farmers to work for 10 cycles (5 days) with a fertilizer, you can average 9 seeds a cycle. So 9 seeds a cycle * 10 cycles x 3 farmers x 130 zen.

In 5 days (which you can get through in 15 minutes by sleeping through the night, and standing in moga woods for 2 minutes during the day) you can take home 35,000 zen, and it'll only cost you 600 resource points (20 p per cycle * 10 cycles * 3 farmers)

markatisu

gotee12 said:
Since when was this up for debate? "Bedroom excitement" with the wife trumps EVERYTHING...

Now I feel bad because he was trying to help me, I would have left me in a second! my wife though is into MH so that option does not come up while I am playing, just comments about how badly I am doing lol

Kyoufu

markatisu said:
Now I feel bad because he was trying to help me, I would have left me in a second! my wife though is into MH so that option does not come up while I am playing, just comments about how badly I am doing lol

Having a significant other who plays MH (and is better than you) is like the greatest wish a man could hope for.

Owzers

Going to try more Jhens since i dont have enough stuff for armor yet because people keep dying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

botticus

gotee12 said:
This is why you get your wife pregnant before the game comes out so she feels too awful to care about your game-playing for 3 months.

Made a couple attempts at my urgent Barroth quest last night but me and some other noobs weren't really up to the task and it was late. We will try again this weekend. Figure I'll make things a little easier on myself and get a few more Pelagicite Ores to finish my Rhenoplos armor.

markatisu

botticus said:
This is why you get your wife pregnant before the game comes out so she feels too awful to care about your game-playing for 3 months.

Made a couple attempts at my urgent Barroth quest last night but me and some other noobs weren't really up to the task and it was late. We will try again this weekend. Figure I'll make things a little easier on myself and get a few more Pelagicite Ores to finish my Rhenoplos armor.

let me know when you plan on going online, I need that done too and as long as we can get 3-4 people it's pretty easy. We almost did it last night with 2 but my dumb ass forgot to ear before the quest and failed to bring mega potions

Haunted

Baker said:
Some dude taught us that last night. The binder is a special ammo type in the supply crate.

The best time to use it is when people are whacking away on Jhen's back because it prevents him from thrashing around as much.
ah, cool.

forrest

formerly nacire
markatisu said:
let me know when you plan on going online, I need that done too and as long as we can get 3-4 people it's pretty easy. We almost did it last night with 2 but my dumb ass forgot to ear before the quest and failed to bring mega potions

Took down Urgent Barroth last night with a lurker named Matt. It definitely took awhile, but it's doable with two for sure.

forrest

formerly nacire
Kyoufu said:
Having a significant other who plays MH (and is better than you) is like the greatest wish a man could hope for.

My wife is the beer buyer for a high end whiskey and wine shop. She is always bringing amazing beer home for free, knows infinitely more about beer than I could ever hope to and she has made a lot of friends in the alcohol industry in our town which means we get a ton of perks around town. I can't remember the last time I went out and paid a lot of money to drink a lot of great beer. Usually vendors and reps are fitting our bills!

-ps- She isn't a monster hunter fan. :lol She does love her some Animal Crossing though. :D

*Sorry for the double post.

JRPereira

Wish I had more time to play. Been busy finishing up stuff at work and I'm probably going to end up staying late and working weekends for the next week and change.

I really need to take the time to beat lagi in the online 2* urgent - even if I have to do it solo (would probably be a really nice matchup - 55-minute battle royale). The current selection of bowguns is pretty crap - I've hobbled together a few parts into what is more or less a bit better than my old full queropeco gun, but I'm sure a bunch of goodies will unlock once I open up the 3* quests.

I'm debating dropping rapid fire recovery shots (on a part that doesn't even hold any recovery shots! - I have to equip other parts so I can even load the ammo) for the needler thing that rapid fires crag. 3 crags at a time would be ridiculous.

** Also, sorry about dropping off earlier after the dual royal luddroths - after getting the connection error I was like screw it, I need to get up in a few hours for work anyways.

Mr Rivuz

I'm really loving this game, i didn't expect to like it THIS MUCH ^^
Already more than 60 hours, 5 stars offline and 3 stars online. I suppose there are more monsters online than offline, since i'm already meeting the 5 star offline monsters at the 3 stars online.

Tried to kill Jhen Moran today, but we didn't succed :(

Really great game, my first Monster Hunter, surely not the last :D

Oxx

After sorting out the 2* quests I went rampaging through the 3* ones.

The first encounter with quropeco was pretty intense.

Just played the Jhen quest for the first time. Didn't get it at all, but it were gladly my team members that died non stop and not me. :lol
I still got plenty of ore, so that's cool.

oracrest

mh3.gif

haha, I really looked at this for the first time just now.

Yesterday night, I did Jhen first thing after getting online and the group I was in failed when the boat broke.

The rest of my Jhen quests went better, but I ended up burning through something like a few dozen honeys and megapotions that were in storage. It looks like I'll have to do some offline to restock on those things. Being able to visit the farm in between quests is something that was very convenient in the portable series.

The Jhen urgent is much more awesome than the Jhen repel event quest. Thanks to the gaffers who helped out!

I feel bad about bailing when we were working on HR grinding one of the others in our 3 person group; it was 5 AM and I am so feeling the lack of sleep now :eek:.

dsister44

faust, selenae, oz and other EU gaf. i'll be back online tommorow evening, whose up for doing some event quests and then some 3* quests?

Hiltz

Ah, I got killed once by a Rathian and I was on a roll last night . Killed the past 5 of them yesterday without getting killed once but there were some close calls.

I was in the middle of using a potion when she grabbed me and did that move where she stomps on you.By the time I got up she had also poisoned me and I immediatly fainted.

It's pay back time!

windfish

dsister44 said:
faust, selenae, oz and other EU gaf. i'll be back online tommorow evening, whose up for doing some event quests and then some 3* quests?

jup sure! i will be there, currently playing the event quest again and again its not that hard, so far we not even losed once! cant wait for the urgent to get my earth dragongem to complete the armor set =D

Top Bottom