• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raide

I already did that and I have to say I don#t particularly enjoy the underwater stuff. How many monsters are in this game where I actually have to do that?

A few go into the water but if you wait it out, you can drag them out again.

I can only think of one that is pretty much all swimming, plus some of the arena stuff is in water.

Airan

Is it me or are the weapon charts by VioletKira all wrong, at least, the dual sword ones? The Jaggi Shotels don't have poison at all.

Pineconn

I just started using the Jaggi Gunlance.

Do you need to buy ammo? It seems to be equipt already with some fire shells.

Nope, shellings for Gunlances are infinite (like phials for Switch Axes). I just wish you didn't have to reload your GL at the start.

Raide

So how much is the difficulty jump, because he barely got any hits on me and was moving predictably slow

It does seem to be that they have toned down the earlier encounters, seemingly saving all the pain up for later on. Laggy was pretty daunting the first time around on the Wii and then when you had to chase him around trying to kill him, it made it even harder.

To be honest Laggy is pretty straightforward as long as you know how to approach him. In the water is the hardest part tbh.

Rize_21

Ok, can you guys help me understand all that capturing?

1. We have a monster X
2. We do some damage to it
3. It starts limping
4. It's very probable, that he will change the zone

Now, when I track him down in new zone, and he starts to attack me, can I still set the trap and successfuly capture him?

As long as he doesn't go to sleep I should be able to catch him in this situation, right?

As in the end of this video:

http://www.supercheats.com/guides/monster-hunter-tri/trapping-a-trickster/

There's no total guarantee,I had once a Royal Ludroth that jumped like a proud horse over a shock trap and then it continued to limp,and without other traps...
But even if it sleeps,you can set the trap and capture it with the tranqs!The Qurupeco in the video was captured in its"nest",so it was pretty safe!more safe than in the others zones!

Pineconn

My first difficulty jump shock was Duramboros. I never carted and it took me over 40 minutes to kill him. I was even using the correct element (by luck).

Codeblue

I waited for months for Uragaan to drop its ruby so I could complete the HR armor set. When I finally completed that armor, it seemed like Ura dropped a ruby every other hunt. By the time Tri ended, I was swimming in rubies.

It's too bad you can't trade them. There was a point where I would have given everything in my item box for two rubies.

Mr E.

Guys, I need some serious help...

I transfarred my save from Wii U to 3DS and made some significant progress. Now when I try to put it back to the Wii U, it says:

What the fuck? What am I supposed to do here? I thought I could go back and forth with this, why is it so difficult? I don't even see an option to delete my save on the Wii U unless they mean go through the set up menu and delete it that way... but why do I need to go through all that?

Any help would be appreciated.

You haven't swopped NNID's have you. My son and I have been swopping Wii U to 3DS a few times today. 2 seperate accounts are needed on Wii U. I imagine if I tried to transfer my data to his account it would screw up.

Edit shit this thread is fast.

Ken

Biggest difficulty spike in online for me is Ivory Lagiacrus, but that might be because I was still using parts of leather armor lol.

So, tomorrow I'm doing a live stream. I'll be giving away a code for the Brady digital guide.

It'll start at 3:00PM Pacific (6:00PM Eastern). Gonna also open up a room for any GAF'ers who wants to hunt HR3 and up stuff.

Mr E.

Nevermind... Found out what I have to do. So stupid. Why not just overwrite the save? Why must you actively delete the previous save on the previous console in order to transfar? Ugh.
Strange, I don't do that and I'm swopping two different profiles across. Odd that.

I wouldn't fancy deleting stuff whilst my save is in virtual limbo. If this transfering thing goes tits up in six months, monster dung will hit the fan.

Filth

Strange, I don't do that and I'm swopping two different profiles across. Odd that.

I wouldn't fancy deleting stuff whilst my save is in virtual limbo. If this transfering thing goes tits up in six months, monster dung will hit the fan.

you just have to delete your save once. then all its doing is overwriting your copy back and forth. its pretty safe.

Kazerei

Banned
Just reached the 5* quests, and I really need to upgrade from the Jaggi armor. Lagiacrus was a struggle :\

Is the Lagiacrus armor set good for a dual blades user? Or are there any other recommendations?

Sanic

I did my first online hunts yesterday. To be honest, it was pretty weird because everybody else felt really coordinated while they were spamming offensive/defensive buffs, etc. and i'm just standing there....attacking.

kidko

If you have the file transferred to the 3DS, you can't change any of the main menu options in Wii U until you transfer your save back. I screwed mine up by switching to pro controller mode before transferring back from 3DS, and now I have to delete my Wii U data

Mr E.

If you have the file transferred to the 3DS, you can't change any of the main menu options in Wii U until you transfer your save back. I screwed mine up by switching to pro controller mode before transferring back from 3DS, and now I have to delete my Wii U data
Shit this needs more attention. How Many hours lost mate?

Edit or did you regain your 3ds data after deleting the pro controller one? That's ok if it's that. No harm done I suppose.

Disguises

Shit this needs more attention. How Many hours lost mate?
I don't think that his data was lost - it's just that if any settings are changed - the game will require you to delete the Wii U file before transferring the 3DS save back to the Wii U. Normally it should just work but changing settings makes it complicated apparently

Mr E.

I don't think that his data was lost - it's just that if any settings are changed - the game will require you to delete the Wii U file before transferring the 3DS save back to the Wii U. Normally it should just work but changing settings makes it complicated apparently
Ah I thought about it and edited my post. Yes I think your correct.

Doorman

Good hunting with ya, Ridley and Jho! Nice to finally work in a bit of GAF flavor to the hunt.

Chances are I'll be back online later tonight in a few hours, though I need to gather some relatively low-level monster parts to continue some weapon building (Rathian and Great Wroggi specifically...why does Wroggi not show up in the early online hunts, anyway?)

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
I should* be online tonight for the first time- hope I can hunt with some gafers.

*Depending on the cooperation of the wife and kid.

LTWheels

Is it possible to free roam in any of the other environments other than Moga Woods? Is there a Forecast for the other environments? Or is the only way of visiting the other environments through accepting quests?

Doorman

Is it possible to free roam in any of the other environments other than Moga Woods? Is there a Forecast for the other environments? Or is the only way of visiting the other environments through accepting quests?

You can take on "Harvest Tour" quests that essentially act as free-roaming opportunities in the other areas, if you need to gather resources from them. Once you start the quest, a Paw Pass will appear in the supply box after a couple minutes, you simply pick that up and deliver it to "complete the quest" and return.

DaBoss

Got 2 Deep Dragongems when I went to complete my final 5* quest. :D

Damn, that sounds really nice.

Is it me or are the weapon charts by VioletKira all wrong, at least, the dual sword ones? The Jaggi Shotels don't have poison at all.

Notice how the element is greyed instead of being pink like the other Poison weapons? That is because there is this skill called Awakening which will allow weapons without an element to obtain an element.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom