• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man I'm having difficulty doing local multiplayer quests on wii u 3ds. I can get the 3ds to connect and we can see each other etc at the tavern. My son selects a beginner quest on the wii u and I'm left behind.

I'm sure I'm missing something out. Is there a GAF for dummies version for local Multi 3DS/Wii u?

Any help would be great.

Are you accepting the quest on the bulletin board?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Try playing it without it for a while so you can see whether or not you need it. I'm playing it without it and just got through the low rank quests without much difficulty with the controls for the most part.

I don't know. Playing with the pad seems awkward cause of how far ABXY are. Then again, I haven't used it so I'm not so sure.

Ok, I'll play for a while without it anyways, since I'm ordering the Circle pad online.

Anyone using the CPP ?

Man I'm having difficulty doing local multiplayer quests on wii u 3ds. I can get the 3ds to connect and we can see each other etc at the tavern. My son selects a beginner quest on the wii u and I'm left behind.

I'm sure I'm missing something out. Is there a GAF for dummies version for local Multi 3DS/Wii u?

Any help would be great.

He selects the quest, you go to the quest board to the left of the quest counter, and you take his quest. Then you go the the dock to "ready up" and he departs.

DaBoss

Cheers mate. When my son leaves on the quest I automatically will follow?

I edited the post my post and added the part I forgot to mention:

Then you have to go to the place to set out on the quest and press A to get ready. If you don't and your son will leave you behind.

Any help would be great.

Are you joining the quest he posted? Check the quest board near the guild lady.

Is there any reason to get the 3DS version if you dont have a Wii U or someone to play with locally?
Definitely. Lots of content and a good challenge ahead for you.

I find it much more rewarding to take down a beast by your own knowledge and skill. But the online mode is just pure fun and exhilarating to hunt with others.

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, playing local co-op with someone who is just as confused
and drunk
as you are is a chaotic and incredible experience. But it really feels great when you figure it out by yourself.

Ragus

Banned
Ok, what the flying fuck. I'm doing Playing with fire quest (I have to hunt Qurupeco). I got him into the trap and I threw 3 fucking pieces of that item you are supposed to throw at a monster to catch him after luring him into a trap.

And then nothing, he gets out of trap and continues to fight me. I'm so fucking pissed right now.

Bear

Anyone else getting constant dropped connections with the 3DS version?

The first quest went fine, but every one after disconnected within the first few minutes. It's really getting frustrating, we're sitting on the same couch so I can't imagine what the problem could be.

Ok, what the flying fuck. I'm doing Playing with fire quest (I have to hunt Qurupeco). I got him into the trap and I threw 3 fucking pieces of that item you are supposed to throw at a monster to catch him after luring him into a trap.

And then nothing, he gets out of trap and continues to fight me. I'm so fucking pissed right now.

The best thing to do is to get him limping first. When you see that, you know he is ready to be captured.

You have to weaken it first... to the point where it limps. Then you can capture it.

Codeblue

Rathian Plate has a 3% drop rate. Why.

I spent the better part of Tri fighting Urugaan trying to get a single ruby (also 3%) that would upgrade my hammer. After weeks I finally got it, but the next upgrade required three. I went down a different tree shortly thereafter.

So I restarted the game on the Wii U and deleted the old 3DS character so I can transfer back and forth. The biggest difference I've found in my looting is that I have been mining in Tundra for the longest time and gotten not one single Lightcrystal whereas my first character would get them regularly. Is there loot tables you are bound to and am I just on a bad one?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is the only way to execute the (+) action the 3DS (like the lunge or the SA "drill" move) by tapping the screen? :( I hate that.

Mr E.

Haven't a clue what I'm doing but I'm loving the local Multi with my boy.

Don't know what table I've got but couldn't give a shit lol.

Awesome stuff.

Raide

The Wii-U Pad just ain't doing it for me. I like the hot buttons for getting around but the actual character control just feels odd after using the CCP for ages. Think I will try a combination and see how I get on.

Ragus

Banned
That's not enough. Wait until it limps and flies to another area to try and sleep.

I'm such a dumbass. I thought that there was "capture" in quest briefing. I was wrong, I had to kill it. My god, I'm so stupid.

IIRC, that bird was limping after he got up. Maybe I just couldn't catch it, because I was supposed to kill it?

I'm such a dumbass. I thought that there was "capture" in quest briefing. I was wrong, I had to kill it. My god, I'm so stupid.

IIRC, that bird was limping after he got up. Maybe I just couldn't catch it, because I was supposed to kill it?

Capturing is optional in kill quests. You can still complete the quest by capturing it.

Filth

Did you throw one or two tranqs?

How does it work, and how do I get people's guild cards?!

I need info!

Whoops been trying to mine carpenter bugs, but basically when you're online. In your menu options there is a guild card tab, press that and you can send guild card to others, where hopefully they'll send it back to you. And they'll appear at the tavern area offline, just talk to see their quest and send them off.

Whoops been trying to mine carpenter bugs, but basically when you're online. In your menu options there is a guild card tab, press that and you can send guild card to others, where hopefully they'll send it back to you. And they'll appear at the tavern area offline, just talk to see their quest and send them off.
Oh, so their character is just chilling around town?

Do they get carves/drops/resources like I do? Do I get all their money and items? I'm very curious about this feature! What determines whether their hunt is successful? Can I send some HR 1 newbie off to kill Lagiacrus and get carves?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom