• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate |OT| If at first you don't succeed, try Tri again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prade

Ok, what the flying fuck. I'm doing Playing with fire quest (I have to hunt Qurupeco). I got him into the trap and I threw 3 fucking pieces of that item you are supposed to throw at a monster to catch him after luring him into a trap.

And then nothing, he gets out of trap and continues to fight me. I'm so fucking pissed right now.

Was he limping?

Arrrgh, need help. Just started playing.
Doing the monster guts and guess who comes to crash party? The big dude himself, lagiacrus.

Followed me into area 10 and the motherfucker won't get out of there.

Can't seem to find a way to get into areas 11-12 from 8.

What a fucking bully. Scared the shit out of me.

Raide

]blacky[;51241302 said:
How can I get rid of the question-mark in the upper right corner of my TV-Screen while on a quest?

Question mark with a monster under it? I think if you just put it on your controller screen, it will vanish from the main screen.

Doing the monster guts and guess who comes to crash party? The big dude himself, lagiacrus.

Get in there and kick his ass!

Anyone have tips for Carpenterbugs? I keep running into it as a requirement, and though I literally spent hours trying to capture them, I found maybe one in that time. It's really deflating my love for the game right now.

Disguises

]blacky[;51241302 said:
How can I get rid of the question-mark in the upper right corner of my TV-Screen while on a quest?
I think you can place that icon on the gamepad and it will disappear from the TV HUD. It should be the icon with the crosshair and camera. Move that to a spot and it should be gone.

MaleGardevoir

Neo Member
For someone just getting into the 3-star solo quests, what mushroom/plant is most profitable to farm? I'm broke.

Find a Nulberry int the tundra (areas 6 and 7 I think) and grow that in the farm. They sell for 120z each and cost 20 resources points per cycle. You don't have access to the tundra until 4* village quests but you can go to offline Tanzia port and do Harvest Tour: Tundra, it's a 1*.

Codeblue

There are two points you can jump off of in area 8. The one on the left leads to 11 and the one on the right leads to 5 I think. You can get back to 8 from 11 by climbing the vines on the cliff.

schuelma

Wastes hours checking old Famitsu software data, but that's why we love him.
Anyone have tips for Carpenterbugs? I keep running into it as a requirement, and though I literally spent hours trying to capture them, I found maybe one in that time. It's really deflating my love for the game right now.

I had some luck on Deserted Island, area 4 I think? The mining area. I got a few just doing a free hunt.

Area 4 Moga Woods, or really any big spots with the white butterfly flying around. You can also send out ships with the Fishmongress and sometimes Carpenterbugs will be brought back.

lol

Oh, so their character is just chilling around town?

Do they get carves/drops/resources like I do? Do I get all their money and items? I'm very curious about this feature! What determines whether their hunt is successful? Can I send some HR 1 newbie off to kill Lagiacrus and get carves?

You get resources etc, but you've gotta pay a fee (dependant on the number of hunters). You cannot choose who they hunt, best to go around looking at all the quest the hunter have on them. Success depends on the hunter I believe, most likey HR I guess(?), and success is rated from E(?) to S rank, the higher the more likely to be successful. Can only have 1 quest ongoing, so might as well send 4 hunters tbh. I need to check on the money thing, but you'll get items.

Just keep dodging him or move away to another area to kill those "dinosaurs" for the guts.

Guys, I need some serious help...

I transfarred my save from Wii U to 3DS and made some significant progress. Now when I try to put it back to the Wii U, it says:

The save data on the Wii U does not match that of the Nintendo 3DS. If you transfer data, delete the data on the Wii U. (Be advised that the data on the Nintendo 3DS may be old).

What the fuck? What am I supposed to do here? I thought I could go back and forth with this, why is it so difficult? I don't even see an option to delete my save on the Wii U unless they mean go through the set up menu and delete it that way... but why do I need to go through all that?

Any help would be appreciated.

_woLf

It's probably been said before, but it's really fucking stupid that the retail copy of this game doesn't come with a Club Nintendo code in North America.

I hope this doesn't become a normal thing.

Is it just me or do there seem to be no bow specific skills? I'm focusing on the bow as my main weapon but there doesn't seem to be much supporting the weapon in the way of armor or even food skills. I see stuff pertaining to bow guns, but other than status effect enhancers, nothing useful for the bow.

Ken

Is it just me or do there seem to be no bow specific skills? I'm focusing on the bow as my main weapon but there doesn't seem to be much supporting the weapon in the way of armor or even food skills. I see stuff pertaining to bow guns, but other than status effect enhancers, nothing useful for the bow.

Only ones I can think of are rapid, spread, pierce up, focus, and load up.

They aren't bow specific but affect them I guess.

I spent the better part of Tri fighting Urugaan trying to get a single ruby (also 3%) that would upgrade my hammer. After weeks I finally got it, but the next upgrade required three. I went down a different tree shortly thereafter.

I waited for months for Uragaan to drop its ruby so I could complete the HR armor set. When I finally completed that armor, it seemed like Ura dropped a ruby every other hunt. By the time Tri ended, I was swimming in rubies.

I transfarred my save from Wii U to 3DS and made some significant progress. Now when I try to put it back to the Wii U, it says:

What the fuck? What am I supposed to do here? I thought I could go back and forth with this, why is it so difficult? I don't even see an option to delete my save on the Wii U unless they mean go through the set up menu and delete it that way... but why do I need to go through all that?

Nevermind... Found out what I have to do. So stupid. Why not just overwrite the save? Why must you actively delete the previous save on the previous console in order to transfar? Ugh.

Filth

You can. This happened to me the first time to. If your latest save is on your 3ds just delete your wii save file and resync. Everything should be fixed then

Rize_21

The worst thing with the capture quests or when you feel ready to capture a wyvern/monster,is when you set the trap one centimeter too far and it continues to limp until leaving for good,the horror to watch the trap functioning with nothing around. :'(
Personnaly,I prefer to set the trap directly under/really close to the place it sleeps and launch the bombs from here,it's 99,8% sure,except when jaggis or giggis decide otherwise.

Ken

The worst thing with the capture quests or when you feel ready to capture a wyvern/monster,is when you set the trap one centimeter too far and it continues to limp until leaving for good,the horror to watch the trap functioning with nothing around. :'(
Personnaly,I prefer to set the trap directly under/really close to the place it sleeps and launch the bombs from here,it's 99,8% sure,except when jaggis or giggis decide otherwise.

Nibelsnarf!!

Xater

So I am failing that Rathian capture. I cut the thing until it starts limping, get it into a trap and then throe the tranq bombs at it. The problem is that it doesn't seem to be phased by those. What am I doing wrong?

So I am failing that Rathian capture. I cut the thing until it starts limping, get it into a trap and then throe the tranq bombs at it. The problem is that it doesn't seem to be phased by those. What am I doing wrong?

Sometimes it takes 3 tranqs to put a monster to sleep. Are you sure it's limping? Wait until she flies away to try and sleep.

burgerdog

So far I've tried the following:
dmz on wireless and a static IP
dmz on lan with a static IP
wireless with a dynamic IP
lan with a dynamic(I'm not really sure if it's dynamic while wired) IP
firewall router off
firewall router on

All of them give me the same error.

Rize_21

You mean after a monster attacks Moga village?
Or something else?

If I don't mistake it's right after
Ceadeus,the guild waitress will inform you of a new subspecie discovered,once you'll have kill/capture it,Junior will tell you that there was something they were hiding to protect you since the beginning,the stronger monsters at night.From there you will have the choice of going out the day or the night with various calendar!

depward

Loving the Wii U version. So pretty!

Finally got the transfer app on Monday...

and I'm loving the 3DS version as well. Both have their strengths and I'm happy to support my favorite franchise by purchasing both.

Dunkelgrau

I think you can place that icon on the gamepad and it will disappear from the TV HUD. It should be the icon with the crosshair and camera. Move that to a spot and it should be gone.
Thanks, that works well for me.

In for a few hours, first impressions:
  • Very sharp graphics and ui-elements (important for MH)
  • Some too small texts and ui-elements ( I own 42” and this is barely okay)
  • Smooth framerate
  • Some really bad textures
  • No new content in the first few hours
The configuration-options for the interface of the touch-screen are awesome. Can’t understand, that there is so less discussion about that, Capcom did some very nice work here. You can configure nearly everything and I really enjoyed handling my inventory via the Wii U-Gamepad for example. I think there is also an option to make the item-combinations via the toch screen.
Overall I am looking forward to see the old and new big monsters, because I think that is one oft the biggest changes to Tri.

Not sure, but shouldn't that be the case when it was limping?
Hmmm, probs gotta bring more tranquil, some just has more resistance I guess. Capture quest are horrible that way =/ sometimes they just won't get knocked down =S

Gonna have to make sure they are limping themselves not whilst leaving area as well.

Ragus

Banned
Ok, can you guys help me understand all that capturing?

1. We have a monster X
2. We do some damage to it
3. It starts limping
4. It's very probable, that he will change the zone

Now, when I track him down in new zone, and he starts to attack me, can I still set the trap and successfuly capture him?

As long as he doesn't go to sleep I should be able to catch him in this situation, right?

As in the end of this video:

http://www.supercheats.com/guides/monster-hunter-tri/trapping-a-trickster/

Xater

Ok, can you guys help me understand all that capturing?

1. We have a monster X
2. We do some damage to it
3. It starts limping
4. It's very probable, that he will change the zone

Now, when I track him down in new zone, and he starts to attack me, can I still set the trap and successfuly capture him?

As long as he doesn't go to sleep I should be able to catch him in this situation, right?

As in the end of this video:

http://www.supercheats.com/guides/monster-hunter-tri/trapping-a-trickster/

Yes, at least that's how all my capture quests went so far.

Hattori

Banned
Okay, just fought off lagiacrus he isn't as tough as I thought he would be. Cut off his tail and I only got a scale, wtf man?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom