• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Zenaku

It's usually 10AM Japan time, 2AM GMT. I really hope it's at 7AM/11PM though.

Only a little more than an hour to see, anyway.

Yeah, download speeds in my area are crap, and I have the highest I can get (2MB). I think it took maybe an hour and a half to download Etrian Odyssey they other week, and that's around 700MB, a far call from MH4's 1.7GB.

If the eShop goes even slower than normal I may even cry.
Man, that sucks. I hope all of us get a decend download speed. I'm kinda worried the eShop gets hammered as soon as the game goes live.

Assault

Ahh, 3DS region lock can f*ck off. I have enough money to import a JP 3DS and MH4 but I'm starting Uni on the 22nd so I'm forcing myself not to spend over £100 for a system I will only play for one game.

*sigh*

Guess it's back to MHFU and MH3U for me!

Zenaku

Man, that sucks. I hope all of us get a decend download speed. I'm kinda worried the eShop gets hammered as soon as the game goes live.

Yeah. I can't remember if there were any problems with Animal Crossing, and that went to the top of the download charts quickly.

Oh, if only the 3DS had pre-loading...then again, if there was a reason for delaying the digital version, it probably wouldn't have been usable until later anyway.

At the very least, the countdown event will begin streaming in 23 minutes.

http://ch.nicovideo.jp/capcomchannel

Fistwell

I'm actually tempted to buy a Japanese 3ds LL.
Ahh, 3DS region lock can f*ck off. I have enough money to import a JP 3DS and MH4
tumblr_lxuv0i7vFH1qaee3oo1_400.gif

Yeah. I can't remember if there were any problems with Animal Crossing, and that went to the top of the download charts quickly.

Oh, if only the 3DS had pre-loading...then again, if there was a reason for delaying the digital version, it probably wouldn't have been usable until later anyway.

At the very least, the countdown event will begin streaming in 23 minutes.

http://ch.nicovideo.jp/capcomchannel
Well I didn't have any problems downloading Animal Crossing back then, it was just a slower download than it usually is. Also I saw quite some people getting eShop errors.

Pre-loading would be great, especially since the download cards go on sale early enough. I hope this will become an option someday tho.

Let's see if this game goes live at 7am. Since the countdown event is until 8am, I have a slight feeling it won't be until the end of the show :( ... Whatever, I'm hungry now :|.

Netto-kun

Well, my copy shipped so hopefully it'll arrive by the end of next week. In the meantime I'll get my lazy butt off and beat that Ivory Lagiacrus.

Zenaku

Well I didn't have any problems downloading Animal Crossing back then, it was just a slower download than it usually is. Also I saw quite some people getting eShop errors.

Pre-loading would be great, especially since the download cards go on sale early enough. I hope this will become an option someday tho.

Let's see if this game goes live at 7am. Since the countdown event is until 8am, I have a slight feeling it won't be until the end of the show :( ... Whatever, I'm hungry now :|.

Hopefully it being until 8 is just to watch the lines and the like.

Anyway, it's started.

http://www1.capcom.co.jp/monsterhunter/4/news_topics/topic_live.html

EDIT: Just an intro at the moment, 2 minutes before the main countdown. There were sound problems and a video repeat.

chadi

So I just checked the eShop and there is still no purchase button. So what was that countdown in the livestream for? Lol.

chadi

Did you have a download code? They'd better add the buy button soon...

Oh... Nope, I don't have a download code. Planning to buy directly from the eShop. Can't wait for it to be available. Just hope it won't crash due to heavy traffic...

Zenaku

People on blogs commented that it was going fast.

I'm not sure if I should leave it on the eShop, or if I should use the "download later" function so I can check the % and prevent any possible connection errors... It'll probably take a couple of hours, and I can't even watch any streams or risk slowing my connection further.

EDIT: Decided for "download later", currently at 1%

zroid

Banned
have fun, guys (._. )

People on blogs commented that it was going fast.

I'm not sure if I should leave it on the eShop, or if I should use the "download later" function so I can check the % and prevent any possible connection errors... It'll probably take a couple of hours, and I can't even watch any streams or risk slowing my connection further.

EDIT: Decided for "download later", currently at 1%

iirc, if you do download now and there's a disconnect, it will just switch to download later and resume

Zenaku

have fun, guys (._. )

iirc, if you do download now and there's a disconnect, it will just switch to download later and resume

Ooh, good to know for the future, but I've switched anyway... I think there's a slight delay between closing the 3DS and it resuming downloading, but I'll probably check how far it is in an hour or so and judge how long it'll take from that.

If only the eShop downloaded had a % rather than just a box that fills up, maybe even showing exactly how many blocks have been downloaded, it'd be perfect, since the eShop downloader doesn't stop when you open the system.

ramus

Neo Member
Any chance the limited edition 3DS LLs are going to not be sold out and/or restocked later on? I'm currently in Japan and didn't exactly plan ahead on how to acquire a JP 3DS and MH4-- if there's no chance of that, I'm just going to grab a regular 3DS LL and download MH4.

Kysen

One thing i gotta give Nintendo credit for is the payment system. So easy to just enter my card details and click OK instead of buying prepay cards and being overcharged. £ to ¥ is pretty good right now.

Nilaul

One thing i gotta give Nintendo credit for is the payment system. So easy to just enter my card details and click OK instead of buying prepay cards and being overcharged. £ to ¥ is pretty good right now.

However it would be nice to atleast have the option of using paysafe cards.

Shurayuki

What What now,

The "clothing line" with the download blocks just kept shifting from left to right emptily and the eShop mascot kept running around, then the download errored out.

Don't do this to me now :(

Keep an eye on it guys!

Mr. Fix

But that region lock though! Man...

I wonder how well or awful the online would be for importers(playing with other importers). Wouldn't it be worse?

Zenaku

Yes. Being able to save almost 50% over importing is one thing I love about Nintendo's system. Sadly Sony doesn't make it as simple; MH4 would've cost £60 on the Vita, as opposed to the £40 it cost me on 3DS.

Get past the region locking problems and the 3DS is the best choice for importers as far as value goes.

EDIT: Haven't checked my % yet... Might do in a minute.

Kysen

Yes. Being able to save almost 50% over importing is one thing I love about Nintendo's system. Sadly Sony doesn't make it as simple; MH4 would've cost £60 on the Vita, as opposed to the £40 it cost me on 3DS.

Get past the region locking problems and the 3DS is the best choice for importers as far as value goes.

Yep, lost so much cash buying PSN cards, not to mention the delay.

MrBeggar

Morning JP Gaffers.
Any news on how the lines/crowds are at Yodobashi Akiba/Shinjuku?
I wanna go grab my prepaid MH4 3DS's (luckily scored both versions) when all the crowds have died down..

Wow, did not know that. I think that's pretty awesome, maybe I should have researched instead of importing the other night.

Zenaku

Yep, lost so much cash buying PSN cards, not to mention the delay.

Same. I always go for a 10000 yen card, if I can afford it, as I do save some money (albeit a little). I think the last time I had to wait an entire day for the code to get sent over too. Hopefully the store there will get more payment options by the time more games I want hit the Vita.

Top Bottom