• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

I had to update my 3DS when I tried to enter the eShop. It was a pretty small update tho. Seems like Nintendo wants to make sure Gateway users are locked out. So my guess is the game comes with an update?

Hedge

I've missed Zane's last streams, but did he already fight Goa M? I thought I saw him scroll past an icon which looked like that monster with a "clear" sign over, or something.

panda21

i wonder how the monster count compares to 3U? to me it seems like there are a lot more (considering it sounds like 3U monsters like Peco, nibble, brachy etc are in), but that might just be because all the monsters i'm seeing are new to me.

Zenaku

Dam I saw the game at a gameshop in SIngapore just now. Please ship my 3DS LL already!!

Since the 3DS LL comes with a retail copy, couldn't you buy the one you saw at the store to play now, and then take the new copy that comes with the 3DS LL back to the store for a refund? I'm assuming the copy with the LL is shrink-wrapped, of course...

EDIT: No, muu, still not on the eShop yet.

Busaiku

i wonder how the monster count compares to 3U? to me it seems like there are a lot more (considering it sounds like 3U monsters like Peco, nibble, brachy etc are in), but that might just be because all the monsters i'm seeing are new to me.
Looking through GameFAQs, here's the compiled list through yesterday, not including any subspecies.
New

Kechawacha
Nerusukyura
Aruserutasu
Generu Serutasu
Tetsukabura
Zaboazagiru
Garara Ajara
Goa Magara
Darren Morran

Old

Rathian
Rathalos
Tigrex
Khezu
Gravios
Basarios
Zingogre
Yian Kat Ku
Yian Garuga
Gypceros
Great Jaggi
Velocidrome
Gendrome
Lodrome
Lagombi
Congalala
Rajang
Kushala Daora
Teostra
Kirin
Brachydios
Deviljho

blurrygil

monster_img_28_05.jpg

Maybe this is some kind of illusion but he seems almost Alatreon-big there. Scary.

tl;dr everything else in thread but...

SAMUS POWER SUIT?!?

Santiako

I'm insanely jealous of anyone with the game now. I hope Capcom brings the game soonish, but I'm not expecting it until next year after the summer. T_T

Hedge

It seems the paintball-dot blinks white when the monster is fleeing/weak. Is it new, or is it an armor ability?

Tenbatsu

Since the 3DS LL comes with a retail copy, couldn't you buy the one you saw at the store to play now, and then take the new copy that comes with the 3DS LL back to the store for a refund? I'm assuming the copy with the LL is shrink-wrapped, of course...
Sorry but that's not how things work in Singapore. No refund for goods once sold. :/

Zenaku

Sorry but that's not how things work in Singapore. No refund for goods once sold. :/

Ah, that's too bad.

Anyway, I cleared space on my SD card, formatted it and sorted some space out for MH4; hopefully it'll speed up the download a little, maybe. Just going to add the FC's in the OP, having sent my FC to Oichi, but for the heck of it:

3609-1093-1753

EDIT: Someone here finally has it then, congrats.

nowai

I have already told my gaming friends that they are getting a 3DS when this drops in the states.

"No need to argue, it's going to happen."

Hedge

Goa Magara seriously looks so amazingly amazing! I want to skin him and wear him!
That doesn't make me creepy.

Doombear

For those watching Zane's stream (and maybe just for people a bit more knowledgeable on some of the new bits in the game) I have a question.

He is using the charge axe currently, and I noticed that it looked like his player bar (in the party list, not the very top) gets replaced with a poison counter? Is that correct? So it is easier to follow status effect durations now?

That, if that is indeed what I am seeing, is amazing... so simple and useful! If that is not what is going on, would someone care to tell me what that is? Is it a CA only thing?

Doombear

Well THAT isn't as fun! Haha! That makes perfect sense actually. I just got carried away with wishful brainstorming.

PS. Goa is an beautiful bastard, no?!

Hedge

I love the random "oh shit" in the stream when they're fighting GM. Too bad they lost the first fight and used up their trap early.

Zenaku

I'm literally refreshing the 2ch MH4 DL thread like every five minutes... Unpatience everywhere lol.

It may be put up in accordance with a countdown event around 7AM Japan time, which should be just a little under 2 hours from now. If not then, it'd probably be at the normal eShop update time of 10AM, in 5 hours.

It may be put up in accordance with a countdown event around 7AM Japan time, which should be just a little under 2 hours from now. If not then, it'd probably be at the normal eShop update time of 10AM, in 5 hours.
Yeah, I saw Yodobashi starts selling from 7am, so let's see. People are getting mad at Capcom already lol.

Zenaku

Yeah, I saw Yodobashi starts selling from 7am, so let's see. People are getting mad at Capcom already lol.

I can imagine. I saw a blog where the posters were counting down to midnight, and I felt bad for them. If it hadn't already passed I would've given them the heads up about the game not being released then.

Here's hoping it'll be 7AM, since it'll likely take me at least 2 hours to download anyway...

I can imagine. I saw a blog where the posters were counting down to midnight, and I felt bad for them. If it hadn't already passed I would've given them the heads up about the game not being released then.

Here's hoping it'll be 7AM, since it'll likely take me at least 2 hours to download anyway...
Ugh, that's brutal D: ...

Zenaku

Ugh, that's brutal D: ...

Yeah, download speeds in my area are crap, and I have the highest I can get (2MB). I think it took maybe an hour and a half to download Etrian Odyssey they other week, and that's around 700MB, a far call from MH4's 1.7GB.

If the eShop goes even slower than normal I may even cry.

Top Bottom