• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

panda21

I'm new to MonHun, and I'm downloading MH4 tomorrow. Is there anything I could read so I won't be completely clueless? ;//

I never really seriously played moho until 3 on wii u/3ds. If its still available from the eShop i'd recommend trying out the demo for 3u.

being able to fight against a big (but easy) monster like rabbit dude and try out all of the weapons, without really caring about how many items etc you use made it much easier to 'get' the game. after that it clicked and i had an awesome time with it.

Are we keeping a list of friend codes for GAF MonHun4 players anywhere?

EDIT: Doh. Just read the OP. PM'ed my friend code.
EDIT2: Added and PM'ed everyone listed in the OP.

squall23

So I was watching killzane's stream and his/her most recent armour looks like this guy:

zbNwj1e.jpg

This makes 3 mecha references with L-Gaim Mk. II and EVA. I hope there are more.

Meesh

What's the best place to import from? I'm looking at play asia, but I have no clue about these things! (I'm in Europe)

Ya it was more about trying to get out. ;_;
Nippon Yasan for about 362$ USD I believe for the LE plus game ;) unless you've already ordered. I don't think that's too bad since Play Asia is closer to 500$?

No midnight launch. Rumor has it they don't want impatient people cancelling their physical copy pre-orders. Not sure if it holds any water.
Well, shit.. Is there a reliable source for this? Anyway, when can we expect to download it online? Thanks for the info!

Edit: I just found it... I kind of never saw that last line of sentences before. Damn ;__; ...
655e3629.jpg

Well, shit.. Is there a reliable source for this? Anyway, when can we expect to download it online? Thanks for the info!

No reliable source, I saw it on some textboard. Probably pure conjecture. Some people guesstimate the digital version might be released at 10am tomorrow.

I take it JP online will be locked from the world while NA & EU can play together?

That would be the most logical thing, CAPCOM's partnerships (special event weapons/armors etc.) usually only apply to Japan as they seemingly don't want to bother expending them worldwide. However, if they re-skin everything then I don't see why NA+EU couldn't play with JP, besides the trololing argument that Japanese players don't want to be “““annoyed by Westerners”””.

Zornica

Banned
No reliable source, I saw it on some textboard. Probably pure conjecture. Some people guesstimate the digital version might be released at 10am tomorrow.

10 am? sounds like this is gonna be a loooong night -_-

edit: curse you oichi! why do you have to tease me like that T_T

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Funny, because 10 am is exactly when the Joshin across the street opens its door. You know who's got two thumbs and running across the street to get MH4 tomorrow morning?

<----- This guy.

Zenaku

A new monsters been confirmed, and it's quite the spoiler. Be wary, because it's a big one.

Shagal Magara. Goa Magara sheds its black skin and replaces it with white skin, which happens in a CG movie. No good pictures to show whether its shape changes at all.

Ridley327

A new monsters been confirmed, and it's quite the spoiler. Be wary, because it's a big one.

Shagal Magara. Goa Magara sheds its black skin and replaces it with white skin, which happens in a CG movie. No good pictures to show whether its shape changes at all.

Interesting; Kushala Daora had a similar aspect to it, although I anticipate that the differences will be more pronounced between the two Magaras.

Ridley327

Oh yeah, if I'm reading the sources for Tenbatsu's image confirming
Nibelsnarf
correctly, then that image also confirms
Shogun Ceanataur
, as well.

chadi

Edit: I just found it... I kind of never saw that last line of sentences before. Damn ;__; ...
655e3629.jpg

Aww... Was hoping for a midnight release. So hyped for this game. XD

panda21

img what is that thing they are fighting now? at first i thought it was a gigginox but it looks like a rathalos with no head?!

DaBoss

Man, MH4 and Pokémon X/Y megatons this day...I just can't...
img what is that thing they are fighting now? at first i thought it was a gigginox but it looks like a rathalos with no head?!
Khezu? Not watching the stream but going off your description.

Edit: Yea it is Khezu.

Ridley327

Khezu was where I fell completely in love with MH. I was so impressed that there was a monster that didn't follow the "rules" at that point, and it wasn't done in a cheap way, either.

Top Bottom