• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Shurayuki

Okay, I'm probably super late but thanks for the hunts guys.

Back-Carving attacks are just way too fun. Where did the night go. Good night MH-loving-GAF.

Gotta tackle those 3Stars tomorrow (and see if
Bracchi
weapons are as good as in Tri)

I trained my insect wrong, really want the butterfly one, but don't have enough speed, gonna have to grind some expeditions and get speed-juice. Sharing those seems weird, as Oichi said. I have two level1 and one level 16 (<- no idea what they mean, same monster, better weapons to find?) expedition to share, but I don't think they are worthwhile.

As was mentioned earlier in the thread, hunting with 2people and 2 Felynes actually has more lag than 4 hunters, maybe more AI work?

&#12383;&#12539;&#12414;&#12539;&#65319;&#65327;&#65281;
&#12383;&#12539;&#12414;&#12539;&#65319;&#65327;&#65281;

Meet you tomorrow!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
No more getting lost in the game:
DTKevbF.jpg

panda21

is there a guide to the insect staff anywhere (preferably in english)? I've been hyped for it since it was announced but i still dont think i properly understand how it works.

my ebay seller still hasnt dispatched :( i guess i will just have to play GTAV instead :'(((

Mr. Fix

They've put in Jho and Brachy, I think I'm satisfied for now. We might still get another Jho/'Jang tier monster too.

I'm surprised they skipped out on Narga.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
They've put in Jho and Brachy, I think I'm satisfied for now. We might still get another Jho/'Jang tier monster too.

I'm surprised they skipped out on Narga.

Yeah considering that was one of the cooler sets, though the insane crit weapons were so easy to kill monsters with lol. But you would think that it would have been in there, since so could have seen it crawling all over the place and stalking the player.

---

So after having more hands on with the game whats your guys thoughts on the 2 new weapons?

popyea

Do the old monsters have new attacks/behaviors? The idea of fighting the same guys from MH3 sounds kind of dissapointing if they don't require you to re-learn how to fight them.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
So after having more hands on with the game whats your guys thoughts on the 2 new weapons?
Maining Charge Axe. I'm a MH noob, but for me this weapon strikes a perfect balance between mobility, speed and power.

Only played the Insect Staff in the weapon trial, but loved the leap. Perfect for jumping on monsters for people who are impatient and don't like waiting for monsters to position themselves properly.

Parakeetman

Cool good to hear folks!

Over here still am using the Charge Axe, but might need to swap out for something else till I can get proper parts to advance it further. Since the damage vs what Im fighting isnt cutting it anymore. Also tried to pair it up with armor that ups the KO chance, but didnt seem to make much of a diff. So am wondering if that effect is more for hammers only? Also noticed that early on there are no KO gems?

Tried the bug staff but that was massive chemistry dog for me so put it down before I hurt myself lol

Parakeetman

So, any ideas what the sales are? Good enough for Capcom? Did it set the 3DS on fire?

Am pretty sure it did. Since all the fans who saw how many changes were being made and the return of the cats was a surefire seller right off the bat.

Id question the numbers if it was another report of an older version onto a console nobody owns. Such as the WiiU version here in Japan. That system is already starting to get the same treatment as the Xbox 360 with being shunted off to the side.

The first 7/11 promo starts tomorrow, I hope there's a way to get it without visiting a 7SPOT in Japan :/

I am disappoint at the lack of a 7-11 logo on the cats vest. D:

Tygamr

So how is this? I heard (and then saw) that Amazon Japan has a 3/5 star average customer rating for this game. Seems like a big complaint with the game is the image quality/graphics.

Bulbasaur

Banned
From watching some videos it seems a lot of people are going ham on the jump from a ledge attacks. I've seen a few instances where some ones attacks hits the other player and stops their attack in mid flight. That would bother me.

Nisa65

Is there a farming system like in previous versions? I keep running out of honey and blue mushrooms. I can't be arsed going on fetch quests all the time just for health item ingredients.

Parakeetman

Is there a farming system like in previous versions? I keep running out of honey and blue mushrooms. I can't be arsed going on fetch quests all the time just for health item ingredients.

Havent found one yet as am guessing its to go with the whole caravan part of the setting. But theres an old guy you can get him to replicate items for you. Plant / Mushrooms. Though not honey yet. But he has items for trade which you buy with points that change at random.

So how is this? I heard (and then saw) that Amazon Japan has a 3/5 star average customer rating for this game. Seems like a big complaint with the game is the image quality/graphics.

Generally dont pay much attention to amazon reviews, their system is so broken and is a general target for trolling. Though the graphics bit has some ground, part of it comes from the fact that Capcom went and made a "randomized" hunting ground mode so to speak and due to that is why some of the textures used look not all up to par. But cant be helped due to how the system works. The standard maps though look good for the most part, even if the color palette in some areas is a bit weird, but one will get adjusted to as its a representation of a totally different world so to speak. It was bound to happen as they are trying a bunch of new things with 4, but at least the game play is pretty solid and the uneven terrain really changes up things a lot in a good way I have to say.

Parakeetman

What happened to the low level healing potions you used to be able to buy?

Am wondering if they will appear when you go up in HR in the MP lobby from the guild shop. In the story Ive yet to run into actual potions for sale. Am sure one of the higher HR guys will be able to answer that.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
How exactly does the 7/11 promo work? I've never downloaded anything from a "station" here.

Fistwell

Huh, so there are 7-11s in Japan, eh?

<-- doesnt know shit about Japan.

MAN I JUST WISH THIS GAME WOULD GET HERE ALREADY

Its one of the strongest convenience store chains here. I mean the Japanese company owns all the 7-11s in the US from what I understand. They also have the most efficient logistics system apparently.
You mean, slurpees actually are japanese and not american at all OMG it's as if I'd been lied to for yeeeaaars.

Parakeetman

Huh, so there are 7-11s in Japan, eh?

<-- doesnt know shit about Japan.

MAN I JUST WISH THIS GAME WOULD GET HERE ALREADY

Its one of the strongest convenience store chains here. I mean the Japanese company owns all the 7-11s in the US from what I understand. They also have the most efficient logistics system apparently.

*Edit (from what I understand added into sentence)

You mean, slurpees actually are japanese and not american at all OMG it's as if I'd been lied to for yeeeaaars.

Its they bought out the US company or something like that. So the taste of america the slurpee is indeed a US thing. Though whats interesting is a few places here have slurpee machines now. The slurpee thing was created before the Japanese buy out in the 90s. All the info you need is on the wikipedia page basically. Granted if its 100% accurate or not is another story as with anything posted on there.

This is the company that currently owns them now.

http://www.7andi.com/en/company/summary.html

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
What happened to the low level healing potions you used to be able to buy?

Once you progress through the story enough you can get regular potions via the stores

Edit:

Had to do about 5 or 6 runs, but I finally got my complete Gore Magala armor + matching Charge Axe
BUSKpldCMAAJOx2.jpg

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Once you progress through the story enough you can get regular potions via the stores

Edit:

Had to do about 5 or 6 runs, but I finally got my complete Gore Magala armor + matching Charge Axe
BUSKpldCMAAJOx2.jpg
Have you experienced any slowdowns through the game or is it just Amazon review trolling?

Haven't really played at all today but a friend wants to buy it so he can play with me.

He already went to his local Joshin but they were sold out and today we went to another joshin just to see... and it seems to be sold out everywhere. I told him he can just download it but he really wants the case..

I haven't been to the city since Saturday but I can only assume it's sold out everywhere at this point.

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Have you experienced any slowdowns through the game or is it just Amazon review trolling?

I only get slowdowns if I'm doing a online quest with my felyne comrades and they say something. The game kind of jitters whenever they speak.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Haven't really played at all today but a friend wants to buy it so he can play with me.

He already went to his local Joshin but they were sold out and today we went to another joshin just to see... and it seems to be sold out everywhere. I told him he can just download it but he really wants the case..

I haven't been to the city since Saturday but I can only assume it's sold out everywhere at this point.
My local Geo still has copies, so not >everywhere< :p
I think they were sold out on Saturday though.
I only get slowdowns if I'm doing a online quest with my felyne comrades and they say something. The game kind of jitters whenever they speak.
Yeah, that stuff is really annoying. I was wondering if you can turn off the chat in the felyne settings, but if not, I hope Capcom will patch-add it.

ranmafan

Noticed my local Geo and Ito Yokado were sold out yesterday and today. I remember when 3rd portable came out that wasn't the case in my neck of the woods as Geo had copies always, but this time it seems everywhere around me its sold out.

Parakeetman

Gonna be on playing pushing through the story mode. Really should be doing the online mode getting my HR up though D:

NewGame

Banned
Okay so any new armor skills shown up yet?

Does anyone have a translation of armor skills and possibly a list of armors and their skills...? I can't play the game but I want to build theoretical sets!!

Zornica

Banned
So if there is no narga... is there any set with &#22238;&#36991;&#24615;&#33021; and &#22238;&#36991;&#36317;&#38626; from another monster instead?

btw how does the online scale? is it x2 like 3g? or more like tri?

Anura

Edit:

BUSKpldCMAAJOx2.jpg

Grats on that armor, its looking good! Recently I went and made the brachy hammer/lance, can't say how good slime is until I have seen it endgame

Tenbatsu

Grats on that armor, its looking good! Recently I went and made the brachy hammer/lance, can't say how good slime is until I have seen it endgame
I can't wait to see how destructive Kelbi bow is in this game...

Nippon Yasan never ship my bundle today. I have only myself to blame for paying with the wrong credit card for my order in June, got it cancelled and reordered again :(

I need to see more armor pictures. I went male hunter both in Tri/Ultimate, can't decide if that will stick until I see more armors.

Meesh

Reminds me of FF4s Dark Knight Cecil, now we just need a dragoon outfit.
I can't wait to see how destructive Kelbi bow is in this game...

Nippon Yasan never ship my bundle today. I have only myself to blame for paying with the wrong credit card for my order in June, got it cancelled and reordered again :(
I'm having similar issues with them, they shipped my second order(white XL bundle) but haven't shipped my Goa Magara bundle. I've tried contacting them, I guess we'll see what happens?
Edit: Checking it out it says that we paid, but we had to update our email so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Maybe they've got supply issues??

Tenbatsu

Reminds me of FF4s Dark Knight Cecil, now we just need a dragoon outfit.

I'm having similar issues with them, they shipped my second order(white XL bundle) but haven't shipped my Goa Magara bundle. I've tried contacting them, I guess we'll see what happens?
Edit: Checking it out it says that we paid, but we had to update our email so I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it. Maybe they've got supply issues??
I just did a checkout and it seems that you are still able to purchase 5 Goa Magara bundle at their site. I hope it's not supply issues here and they are just waiting for new shipment :/

panda21

now i'm starting to think the ebay seller just didnt give me the tracking number.. it could arrive AT ANY MOMENT

oh based capcgod hold me

Top Bottom