• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

komaruR

My armor doesn't look half as cool, but I'm still in HR1 hell. :(
iJlYuIr.jpg
That armor should be good enough til hr3.
There should be only 4 or 5 keyquest in hr1 until urgent. Mainly the boss monster hunts n 1 capture gypceros.

Shurayuki

Question mostly to the Western hunters, does anyone know how the relay works for surechigai? Can I get Quests/Airus if I configure a relay? Will never get a MH streetpass here.

Man from hearing how you guys are progressing sounds like Im really falling behind. D:

No Problem, we/somebody can give you a lift when you play online, doesn't take long to rank up that way!
Also we're mostly going through the quests just once so most don't have a lot of sets yet, the good thing about the urgents is that you have to play them so often (once for every member of the group) so you get mats from that!

So after having more hands on with the game whats your guys thoughts on the 2 new weapons?

The bug staff is SO GREAT. Until now I felt more as a support role getting jump attacks->beatdowns, but with the leveled up speed staff/insect, it feels like it can deliver nice damage from mid-range (think bow) too. The melee attacks are potent too, but I often take a lot of damage so I try to be smart about them. Extracting the different colors seems a bit easier too.
Really need to try that online hehe.

It feels a bit like bypassing the upgrade system though, a pretty straightforward tree and the items are easy to get, have so many parts sitting in the box.

(Having a lot of stamina is always important, to keep the monster at bay during climb attacks)

Had to do about 5 or 6 runs, but I finally got my complete Gore Magala armor + matching Charge Axe

whoa gratz on the set, it's so nice. Want to ditch my spider set for that, but am missing a part for the boots -_-#

Zornica

Banned
whoa gratz on the set, it's so nice. Want to ditch my spider set for that, but am missing a part for the boots -_-#

I'd be interested in farming that stuff too btw. should be farily quick also. magara always died pretty fast.

just missing those fucking 触角 again -_-

Shurayuki

I'd be interested in farming that stuff too btw. should be farily quick also. magara always died pretty fast.

just missing those fucking 触角 again -_-

Something interesting just happened to Magara in story mode, I'm dying to see how that'll turn out.
Virus versions of normal big monsters also showed up.

Hehe, since I didn't have to use them for a weapon up I still have mine, Goa is great fun though so I don't mind.

SP is so fun too, would be completely worth it for that alone, but online is so much fun, it's hard to split up the time.
Story quest, villager requests, sending you guys out to do some work (furatto hunter), expeditions, the airu village (fishing, airu expedition). Completely missed the option to level up the "farm" through his bootom option (works like leveling the village in tri), finally some honey!

Ok so I just did something dumb like buy this on eshop. Anyone have a link to a wiki, preferably in english, with some basic info like armor sets and items and what not.

Shurayuki

Ok so I just did something dumb like buy this on eshop. Anyone have a link to a wiki, preferably in english, with some basic info like armor sets and items and what not.

Well, welcome to a wonderful game, feel free to add us from the OP and send your freindcode too.

As for the Wikis, I think most don't have a lot of info yet, try the english one Oichi posted in the OP. (maybe try google for that too)
Here's some of the japanese ones i've seen people post/found googling
Great wiki for the older ones, should get updates, pretty empty now
This Wiki seems kinda empty still too
This seems to have a lot of nice info, but it's quite wordy (i mean it)
A FAQ which has info on where you can find some often needed items, might be handy esp. at the start

JKTrix

If you think that's stupid, I bought the black LL for this game from a site I never used before. I hope I get it. Been a few days and I've gotten no shipping confirmation.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
If you think that's stupid, I bought the black LL for this game from a site I never used before. I hope I get it. Been a few days and I've gotten no shipping confirmation.

Might as well give up the name of the site to help warn others in the event if it is not a legit seller.

CTLance

Only thing I dislike about that design is the actual logo. I read it as "onster unter MH4" when I casually glance upon it. Then reason reasserts itself and the characters jump to their correct position, but that moment of confusion really trips me up occasionally.

Keep posting. Mooore. I need mooooore.

Shurayuki

^haha yeah that's pretty nice, I love how the loading animation changes too, so cute!

Alright, having some food so time to type a bit up.

I did some expeditions, they went pretty crazy. In the beginning it was just an Alseltasu and Ian and they went down quick, but then that blue Dos bird wyvern (ranbosu? smth like that) showed up. Took that on too, and who would've though, another Kutku showed up!
That took a bit of time.
After that a Rare Expedition showed up, so I went in again. This time against the Basalt dragon thing, and the spider. Man, the dragon just didn't want to die, it took ages, and the spider can be a major PITA too, with it's area traversing attacks.

Then some more SP. Things are getting busy on
天空山
. Had a request to do two virus Khezu/FuruFuru, in my spider armor (-10 Elec) that was quite a pain. Actually dying in quests now, no failed ones though. After the Khezus one would think I'd finally get a better armor, but swashbucklin' LoVendoR is of a different breed. Took on
Zinogre
right after the troubles against Khezu!
Just going through the monster list now, seems like this area might be nearing it's end!

Anura

Just beat my second dahren urgent or whatever he is called! That means its that special time again! That's right, it's high rank time!

JKTrix

Might as well give up the name of the site to help warn others in the event if it is not a legit seller.
It's buygame2.com. Supposedly legit, I've seen people in the past in other places receive products from them. I'm hoping the delay is just because of demand.

I just checked PayPal and it looks like they charged me today (ordered it on Thursday), so maybe I'll get word soon!

Anura

just added you

il make room. pw 4649

Ok cool I just finished gonna add you and hop online

Edit: getting an error code for some reason oh well I have to cancel anyways I am just finding out that we're having guests tonight

Sorry about this

Mr. Fix

More updates:

The quest we've all been waiting for!

http://i.imgur.com/0Wiisr1.jpg

More monsters:

-
Rare Tigrex Subspecies (so like Gold/Silver Raths)
-
Akantor
-
Kirin Subspecies

We miss you, Sammy!

*Dammit, beaten. For the new page anyway!

Shurayuki

Well that was good timing though, had to finish up the final quest either way. So epic, the videos in this game are amazing, set the mood so well. And when the credits roll and the music starts, chills.
This felt a bit shorter than Tri, but maybe just because I don't it to end at all, haha.

Are the servers up again? Or how long will it take.

Meesh

I just did a checkout and it seems that you are still able to purchase 5 Goa Magara bundle at their site. I hope it's not supply issues here and they are just waiting for new shipment :/
Ya, I'm going to call customer service tonight maybe just to make sure everything's still a go :)

komaruR

Ok cool I just finished gonna add you and hop online

Edit: getting an error code for some reason oh well I have to cancel anyways I am just finding out that we're having guests tonight

Sorry about this
cause its server maintenance now. bummer

CommonWriter

UncommonlyGoodListener
It's buygame2.com. Supposedly legit, I've seen people in the past in other places receive products from them. I'm hoping the delay is just because of demand.

I just checked PayPal and it looks like they charged me today (ordered it on Thursday), so maybe I'll get word soon!

They are a legit site. A lot slower than Play-Asia though in shipping the items out, took about two weeks to finally get my items when I ordered them (which, coincidentally, was a JP 3DS and Monster Hunter 3G when it came out).

How much in terms of 3G? I just wanna know what I'm getting myself into, comparison wise. Lol(MH4- 3G)
As of right now since there's more to be discovered in MH4

MH4

# Small Monsters: 20
# Large Monsters: 45
# Total Monsters: 65

MH3U

# Small Monsters: 22
# Large Monsters: 51
# Total Monsters: 73

Meesh

As of right now since there's more to be discovered in MH4

MH4

# Small Monsters: 20
# Large Monsters: 45
# Total Monsters: 65

MH3U

# Small Monsters: 22
# Large Monsters: 51
# Total Monsters: 73
Thanks, there's quite a bit without 4 being a G version. And we're not even comparing weps, armors, and various unlockables/DLC. Crazy...welp I'm looking forward to getting my copy, whenever it gets here :)

I got my copy today (yay) , played about an hour, then like an idiot I accidentally deleted my save, I hit the wrong button in the options menu plus I can't read a word of text. I'm all caught up now and hope to fight some monsters soon!

Doczu

with the production values and amount of monsters in this it would be stupid to skip over this in the west

I'd say late 2014 tbh

Well lets hope then it happens. And btw i hope i won't have to double dip for 4G (which will happen eventually). With the eshop possibilities capcom should just release a gigantic dlc for this game.

Mr. Fix

Not opposed to DLC for new monsters. That'd be neat, and the game's already juicy enough as it is. Though I'm assuming they won't so it doesn't affect 4G's sales.

Kouriozan

Hope there is some cool Hunting Horn.
Glad to hear there is tons of content! I'm so excited to play it!
Yeah, I shouldn't hype myself so much while it's not even announced for the west >.<

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Do you get special parts from a infected monster?

You get generic "infected" materials that you can use to convert items and talismans into something else. That unlocks after you get to Shinato village, the last village in SP

la_briola

Ya, I'm going to call customer service tonight maybe just to make sure everything's still a go :)
I contacted them and asked when they would ship, wanted to make sure everythings fine. Got no answer but these two emails arrived 6-8 hours later:

[Nippon-Yasan.Com] Package in transit
[Nippon-Yasan.Com] Shipped

:)

edit: fedex tracking estimates the delivery for Fri 20/09/2013 (Germany).

Zenaku

Just got to the credits myself. Now I can start trying other weapons in SP, like I originally planned, as well as online.

Top Bottom