• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Zornica

Banned
just beat akantor in single player and now there aren't any new quest anymore? This can't be the end... am I missing something? should've read the text ._.

is there a way to watch "monster introduction videos" again? or are they gone forever once you encountered the monster for the 1st time?

Anura

just beat akantor in single player and now there aren't any new quest anymore? This can't be the end... am I missing something? should've read the text ._.

is there a way to watch "monster introduction videos" again? or are they gone forever once you encountered the monster for the 1st time?
Once you beat all the offline quests you get one to fight shaggy/golden rajang/Zinogre all in one

Garou

Talk to everyone that has a speech-bubble (don't forget the cave in the sky-village)

To see videos again, talk to your housekeeper-cat.

Zornica

Banned
I guess I need to farm JUMP Teo 2 to 3 times for the event reward...

I can't believe this game has finally some good event weapons...

Yagami_Sama

Someone have the event quest which provide tickets for the The legend of Zelda, based items ?

I really want that bow, but unfortunately I don't have the quest.

Zornica

Banned
I think it's time to get a new armour too...
What skills should I aim for with dual blades? I guess they depend heavily on elemental damage? So a Dios Armour should be good for slime blades, right?

Anura

I think it's time to get a new armour too...
What skills should I aim for with dual blades? I guess they depend heavily on elemental damage? So a Dios Armour should be good for slime blades, right?
Evade and sharpnes skills are always super nice! Even nicer for weapons like the DS

Zornica

Banned
Can someone help me? I need to know what monsters give a peach basarios quest from the forest

peach basarios oO is that the one with the crystals on it's back? I think I got that quest.
Should be the Basarios sub than:

Papa konga+sub, Tetsukabura, Basarumos+sub,
Neruskyura (spider), Yan Kuku sub 

Anura

peach basarios oO is that the one with the crystals on it's back? I think I got that quest.
Should be the Basarios sub than:

Papa konga+sub, Tetsukabura, Basarumos+sub,
Neruskyura (spider), Yan Kuku sub 

Oh thanks a bunch zorn!

Doombear

Oh... dear.

jPb7QLZyTG6zM.jpg

Shurayuki

Oh... dear.

jPb7QLZyTG6zM.jpg

Beautiful.

I should probably get an XL, but it just can't be another japanese one.
Need an EU one to play with friends, and money is needed for the eventual WiiU too. Dayum.

Good thing they're putting all the 7eleven exclusive quests up, I don't have any of 'em yet.

Interesting footprint for 4G.

Zornica

Banned
wait a sec... how many rajangs are we talking here?

I am in the chat, drop in whenever you feel like it. But don't expect an immediate answer.

xSL4INx

Is there any guides or anything I can read to better educate myself on the bug staff, particularly on upgrading it? Also, I'm looking for people go do HR quests with and will post my friend code later today if people still play online.

Shurayuki

Is there any guides or anything I can read to better educate myself on the bug staff, particularly on upgrading it? Also, I'm looking for people go do HR quests with and will post my friend code later today if people still play online.

Not sure if you saw the other thread, apricot made this a monster hunting community month so that seems like a good place to find more active players *cough*

As far as guides are concerned, I never looked for english stuff but there's some japanese if that's ok.
From the other thread there's also gajin hunter which has a guide. Seems good.

49.atwiki has really nice info if you scroll down. Even if you can't read japanese you can see the combos there.

57.atwiki is a wiki dedicated to the bugstaff. Easy to find stuff you'll probably search for like the ancient fish to upgrade in the faq
mh4g has hyperlinks on upgrade materials, maybe easier to find out where to get stuff

-get a speed insect on your staff
-always have red extraction up, increases your combo attacks = more damage, way better combos
-you can jump out of most combos with down+a if a roll won't suffice

my fav red Combos (others in the wiki)
X-> X-> A-> repeat

approach ↑+A→A then combo with the above

CorvoSol

So I had MHFU back in the day, and I thought it wasn't bad, but I could never get into it because there wasn't much of a plot and also PSP didn't exactly connect to the internet. I hear MH4 has something closer to a story-mode, though. How true would you say that is?

Anura

^^ I don't read JPN so I can't exactly answer that for you lol! But it does seem to be more than normal

Anyways I posted about this in the Apricot topic too but does anyone want to go level some GQ later? I got a LV 92 Rajang with hammers and HH and a level 77 teo with SnS and DS. Obviously we will be taking turns if someone joins but those are just the ones I got.

xSL4INx

Not sure if you saw the other thread, apricot made this a monster hunting community month so that seems like a good place to find more active players *cough*

As far as guides are concerned, I never looked for english stuff but there's some japanese if that's ok.
From the other thread there's also gajin hunter which has a guide. Seems good.

49.atwiki has really nice info if you scroll down. Even if you can't read japanese you can see the combos there.

57.atwiki is a wiki dedicated to the bugstaff. Easy to find stuff you'll probably search for like the ancient fish to upgrade in the faq
mh4g has hyperlinks on upgrade materials, maybe easier to find out where to get stuff

-get a speed insect on your staff
-always have red extraction up, increases your combo attacks = more damage, way better combos
-you can jump out of most combos with down+a if a roll won't suffice

my fav red Combos (others in the wiki)
X-> X-> A-> repeat

approach ↑+A→A then combo with the above

Thanks for the info, I appreciate it; and I hadn't seen the new thread yet, I'll definitely be adding my info to the google doc. Thanks a lot!

Zornica

Banned

Doesn't look like a good place to me... Seems very impractical, to much Mh3gu and Toukiden interference, not enough Mh4 players (there aren't that many on gaf to begin with)

I'd rather keep using this thread...

And yes, I am still waiting for some people to play with, to farm the zelda stuff, to farm kirin... etc.

So I had MHFU back in the day, and I thought it wasn't bad, but I could never get into it because there wasn't much of a plot and also PSP didn't exactly connect to the internet. I hear MH4 has something closer to a story-mode, though. How true would you say that is?

depends on what you expect... yes, it's way more story driven than any other monster hunter instalment. But it's certainly not very deep. it just gives you an excuse to hunt stuff.
It also spins a nice story around the main monster, and it got a few more developed characters you come across every now and then.

Anura

Doesn't look like a good place to me... Seems very impractical, to much Mh3gu and Toukiden interference, not enough Mh4 players (there aren't that many on gaf to begin with)

I'd rather keep using this thread...

And yes, I am still waiting for some people to play with, to farm the zelda stuff, to farm kirin...

I think we should go and ask them to post here as there seems to be quite a bit MH4 players posting. And we should set up a time a for a few days from now so we can hopefully get more than 2 people!

Zornica

Banned
I think we should go and ask them to post here as there seems to be quite a bit MH4 players posting. And we should set up a time a for a few days from now so we can hopefully get more than 2 people!

the thing is... I got an exam next week, so I can only play until 8 o'clock utc+1. (The day doesn't really matter though)

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
^^ I don't read JPN so I can't exactly answer that for you lol! But it does seem to be more than normal

Anyways I posted about this in the Apricot topic too but does anyone want to go level some GQ later? I got a LV 92 Rajang with hammers and HH and a level 77 teo with SnS and DS. Obviously we will be taking turns if someone joins but those are just the ones I got.

I'm down for joining the Teo quest, I need to find excavated SnS/DS weapons. I already got a sweet ass excavated hammer :D

Anura

the thing is... I got an exam next week, so I can only play until 8 o'clock utc+1. (The day doesn't really matter though)

Name an exact time and day and we will see if it works for the rest of us. My schedule is pretty free so I should be pretty flexable.
I'm down for joining the Teo quest, I need to find excavated SnS/DS weapons. I already got a sweet ass excavated hammer :D

So jelly! Been soloing Rajang for a while looking for a good hammer...

Zornica

Banned
Name an exact time and day and we will see if it works for the rest of us. My schedule is pretty free so I should be pretty flexable.

Any day is fine by me, as long as it doesn't get too late. but if you want an exact date, how about friday/saturday/sunday from x till 8 pm utc+1

Zornica

Banned
Ok, let's try this again: I am done with my university stuff and got plenty of time now. hardly any time restrictions.
(I can't play tomorow - saturday)

Anura

Anyone want to play this sometime? I haven't been on in a while and it would be nice to play with people again. Preferable more than just me and zorn

Zornica

Banned
I keep visiting this thread a few times every single day in the vain hope that somebody might finally return for a hunt.

and there I was thinking that maybe the new 4g trailer brought a few people back.
I guess I am an idiot for believing...

Top Bottom