• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Yagami_Sama

I have been playing this for quite a long time and I play almost everyday.
I am trying to build some new weapons and sets, because soloing HR7 urgent quest is almost impossible .

CommonWriter

UncommonlyGoodListener
I keep visiting this thread a few times every single day in the vain hope that somebody might finally return for a hunt.

and there I was thinking that maybe the new 4g trailer brought a few people back.
I guess I am an idiot for believing...

I don't even own a 3DS anymore and I still look at this thread once in a while. I'll be back (hopefully with a ton more people too) when 4G comes out.

Zornica

Banned
Seems like there's a new crazy event quest involving a savage joe and a golden rajang... fun...

oh... there's also a new quest for... forgot it's name. the evil dragon...

Anura

Seems like there's a new crazy event quest involving a savage joe and a golden rajang... fun...

oh... there's also a new quest for... forgot it's name. the evil dragon...
Evil dragon? Is that fatalis?

Edit: or do you mean Deviljho/Eviljuro or however his JPN name went?

Anura

yeah, fatalis, that's it.
Haven't fought that thing in a while... and now you can fight it in akantors arena.
Oh that's crimson fatalis! I already made his lance and duals. His weapons have HUGE slime and the same sharpness as normal fatty weapons. We can try getting a group together sometime if you want to farm him a bit

xSL4INx

If people are playing again, I definitely want to get in on the action. My FC is1091-8743-4336, if you add me just let me know so I can add you back. I've been playing quite a bit the last week or so and want to increase my HR and playing with others is fun and preferable.

Zornica

Banned
If people are playing again, I definitely want to get in on the action. My FC is1091-8743-4336, if you add me just let me know so I can add you back. I've been playing quite a bit the last week or so and want to increase my HR and playing with others is fun and preferable.

added you a long time ago... 5000-2755-2639

I'd love to play with more than 2 or 3 people again ;)

Zornica

Banned
Sweet! I'll add you here in a bit, if anyone is up for playing in the next few nights I'm available for the most part, I'm in central time.

this might be a problem... I can't stay up all night, at least not when I have to get up early.
I could probably play until midnight, maybe 1 am (utc+2). I'm not sure how that translates to "central time".

xSL4INx

this might be a problem... I can't stay up all night, at least not when I have to get up early.
I could probably play until midnight, maybe 1 am (utc+2). I'm not sure how that translates to "central time".

Where do you live? And I agree, weekends are definitely the best time to play, I unfortunately can't play this weekend, but I'm generally free all weekend at all times of day during them.

Also, Yagami, what's your FC so I can add you!

Yagami_Sama

Where do you live? And I agree, weekends are definitely the best time to play, I unfortunately can't play this weekend, but I'm generally free all weekend at all times of day during them.

1891-1879-7556 - 八神様

I want to build the Zelda themed Bow and armor.

Zornica

Banned

I live in the middle of europe, more or less. As I mentioned my timezone is UTC+2 (or gmt+1 Daylight saving time).
During the week would be fine too. Except for Sundays and Tuesdays, maybe.

(now would be a great time btw)

could somebody just pick a date and time please?

Zornica

Banned
doesn't sound like fun too me :p I should probably get my ice duals ready...
but I suck at duals...

can somebody recommend a good ice weapon?

Fistwell

Wait a minute.... there's an ancient LS?????????? O . O
03K.gif

Zornica

Banned
still waiting for my ancient switch axe...

how did the whole guild quest stuff work again? I'd love to try getting a nice quest with either one of the axe weapons... was it completely random? how do you get a quest in the first place? did I have to fight monster during exploration mode? or did I have to catch them? do I need to go for specific monsters?

Fistwell

still waiting for my ancient switch axe...

how did the whole guild quest stuff work again? I'd love to try getting a nice quest with either one of the axe weapons... was it completely random? how do you get a quest in the first place? did I have to fight monster during exploration mode? or did I have to catch them? do I need to go for specific monsters?
Some aspects of it still are a mystery to me as well. All I know is you go on exploration quests, which now and then gives you guild quests upon completion. Guessing for guild quests to drop, it has to do with whether or not you kill monsters during exploration, as well as with the exploration quest's "level" (number of stars, goes up now and then upon completion).

I don't uderstand the link between monsters on the exploration quest and the monster on the guild quest. Dunno if there's a link at all. I would get basarios GQ from a ian exploration quest for example.

Not sure what's the link between the GQ's monster and items that the quest drops. Might be random or not, all I know is it's repeatable, meaning if you know one quest drops one type of weapon, that same GQ will keep doing so.

Anura probably knows more, but he's probably still sleeping (that lazy bum).

Anura

Some aspects of it still are a mystery to me as well. All I know is you go on exploration quests, which now and then gives you guild quests upon completion. Guessing for guild quests to drop, it has to do with whether or not you kill monsters during exploration, as well as with the exploration quest's "level" (number of stars, goes up now and then upon completion).

I don't uderstand the link between monsters on the exploration quest and the monster on the guild quest. Dunno if there's a link at all. I would get basarios GQ from a ian exploration quest for example.

Not sure what's the link between the GQ's monster and items that the quest drops. Might be random or not, all I know is it's repeatable, meaning if you know one quest drops one type of weapon, that same GQ will keep doing so.

Anura probably knows more, but he's probably still sleeping (that lazy bum).
Just woke up! Anyways certain monsters in the exploration mode grant certain monsters for GQ but it's still ultimately random what exact monster you will get. The monsters you're looking for are generally Rajang, Teo, Kush and shaggy for the better stuff and having a second monster with them seems to increase the chances but I'm not 100% sure on that. You only start to get good gear when you level them to 81+ I'm not sure if getting higher effects the percent but it might

Shurayuki

Exploration and Guild Quests

Wiki Information: dropr.net - mh4.idblog - atwiki / GQ / Excavation Gear

You can get the info what monster in search gives which guildquests and which quests need to be completed for monsters to appear as guildquests from these sources, that's a bit much to write here.

Guildquest percentages
Probability to get a guildquest according to the monster you hunted.
Not sure if the numbers are accurate but they give you a good idea about what to do/expect when doing 探索.

1.Kill 2 large monsters / collect 6 shiny drops(100%)
2.Collect 5 shiny drops(+90%)
3.Kill 1 large monster(+80%)
4.Collect 4 shiny drops(+60%)
5.Collect 3 shiny drops(+40%)
6.Collect 2 shiny drops(+20%)
7.Collect 1 shiny drops(+10%)

Idblog has a list with likelihoods of GQ appearing for each monster
Example Alseltas -> DosRanboslv31>ハズレ/Fail Lottery (no GQ)>IanKutkulv31=Rajanglv51

2 monster guildquest chances
They only appear if you kill more than 1 monster in 1 探索 (kill trespassing monsters = max 5).

1 kill =0%
2 kills =35%
3 kills =50%
4 kills =75%
5 kills =100%

Dual monster quests give the renumeration of the monster on the left but in increased numbers according to the danger rating. That's why Rajang quests are so popular, because they give the highest number of items outside of elder dragons. (Rajang on the right)
DosRanbos/Basalmos + Rajang (up to 9 items)
IanKutku + Rajang (up to 10 items)
TigarexSub + Rajang (up to 13 items)

Excavation Gear
What gear you can get from a GQ is decided randomly when you get it, but monsters are divided into equipment groups so you can see what you can get from the atwiki tables.
Gear stats and abilities are randomized when they drop.

(Outside of quest renumeration you can only get gear from blue ore, esp from treasure zones. Treasure zones appear randomly upon quest conclusion -win or fail, not retire- and is only active for the next GQ you go to; but can be save&reloaded if you don't like the result)

Example: Jinouga is "group 3" so if you create a GQ with GS drops you'll always get randomized Siegmunds, for a SnS GQ you'll get randomized Frost Edges and so on.
Conversely, for defensive gear you will get レウス gear from a GQ that gives originalA series items or Kirin gear for originalF and so on.

Anura

Exploration and Guild Quests

Wiki Information: dropr.net - mh4.idblog - atwiki / GQ / Excavation Gear

You can get the info what monster in search gives which guildquests and which quests need to be completed for monsters to appear as guildquests from these sources, that's a bit much to write here.

Guildquest percentages
Probability to get a guildquest according to the monster you hunted.
Not sure if the numbers are accurate but they give you a good idea about what to do/expect when doing 探索.

1.Kill 2 large monsters / collect 6 shiny drops(100%)
2.Collect 5 shiny drops(+90%)
3.Kill 1 large monster(+80%)
4.Collect 4 shiny drops(+60%)
5.Collect 3 shiny drops(+40%)
6.Collect 2 shiny drops(+20%)
7.Collect 1 shiny drops(+10%)

Idblog has a list with likelihoods of GQ appearing for each monster
Example Alseltas -> DosRanboslv31>ハズレ/Fail Lottery (no GQ)>IanKutkulv31=Rajanglv51

2 monster guildquest chances
They only appear if you kill more than 1 monster in 1 探索 (kill trespassing monsters = max 5).

1 kill =0%
2 kills =35%
3 kills =50%
4 kills =75%
5 kills =100%

Dual monster quests give the renumeration of the monster on the left but in increased numbers according to the danger rating. That's why Rajang quests are so popular, because they give the highest number of items outside of elder dragons. (Rajang on the right)
DosRanbos/Basalmos + Rajang (up to 9 items)
IanKutku + Rajang (up to 10 items)
TigarexSub + Rajang (up to 13 items)

Excavation Gear
What gear you can get from a GQ is decided randomly when you get it, but monsters are divided into equipment groups so you can see what you can get from the atwiki tables.
Gear stats and abilities are randomized when they drop.

(Outside of quest renumeration you can only get gear from blue ore, esp from treasure zones. Treasure zones appear randomly upon quest conclusion -win or fail, not retire- and is only active for the next GQ you go to; but can be save&reloaded if you don't like the result)

Example: Jinouga is "group 3" so if you create a GQ with GS drops you'll always get randomized Siegmunds, for a SnS GQ you'll get randomized Frost Edges and so on.
Conversely, for defensive gear you will get レウス gear from a GQ that gives originalA series items or Kirin gear for originalF and so on.

Hey I've been looking around and can't find anything (or maybe google translate just sucks) but do you know the drop rate for rare 7 gear and if it's different between quests?

Shurayuki

Doulbepost (/^o ^)/ damn Anura ^^
I'm sure we GAFfers can somehow organize enough to get something like this to work. Dunno how lag affects that, should still work. That's for 2 players anyway 3+ should obliterate them even harder.

Lvl 100 Rajang Guide

There are guides for Ranbos, Basalmos, Tigarex. They use the same equipment though so I'll just recap the Ranbos one you get the idea probably.

2 person Bowgun team.

Support: LightBowgun
Weapon: アイルーヘルドール
Skills: 装填数UP、罠師、(+ボマー、耳栓) ※連発数+1と状態異常攻撃強化はNG(計算が狂うので)
LoadingUp, Trapmaster, (+Bomber, earplugs) ※Rapidfire+1 and StatusAtk are bad choices here
FoodSkill: ネコの火薬術 Cat Bombing up skill
Example Gear:
Gunner - Def 124 - free slots 0 - weapon slots 2
Head: ゾディアスキャップ [3] - EventQuest Kusha
Torso: ゾディアスレジスト [1] - EventQuest Kusha
Arm: グラビドSガード [2] - HR Gravimos
Waist: クシャナアドミ [3] - Any Kusha
Boots: ロワーガフェムル [2] - mixed ingredients - furattohunter (send cpu friends), dala amadula, monster fluids
Amulet: any 3slot
Ornaments: 装填珠【2】、爆師珠【1】×5、防音珠【3】、防音珠【1】、罠師珠【1】×5
Loading 2 slot, bomber 1slot x5, soundproof 3slot + 1slot, trapper 1 slot x5
Resistances: 火[4] 水[5] 雷[5] 氷[13] 龍[-1] 計[26]
Fire 4, Water 5, Electro 5, Ice 13, Dragon -1 ; Total 26

Attacker: HeavyBowgun
Weapon: グラビドギガロア
Skills: 反動軽減1、貫通弾・貫通矢UP、フルチャージ、弱点特攻(+攻撃力UP系、ボマーなど)
RecoilReduction 1, PiercingShot, PierceUp, FullCharge, WeakPointAttack (+ AtkUp, Bomber etc)

Example Gear:
Gunner - Def 162 - free slots 0 - weapon slots 1
Head: スカルフェイス [胴系統倍化]
Torso: シルバーソルレジスト [3] - Rathian Rare Species
Arm: アーティアSガード [2]
Waist: グリードコート [胴系統倍化] - EvilJho Sub
Boots: 陸奥【具足】 [0] Daren-Mohran
Amulet: any 3 slot
Ornaments: 無傷珠【2】(胴)、抑反珠【1】(胴)、痛撃珠【3】、貫通珠【1】、無傷珠【1】、抑反珠【1】
Unhurt 2slot (Torso), Recoil 1slot (Torso), WeakpointAtk 3slot, Pierce 1slot, Recoil 1slot
Resistances: 火[12] 水[-6] 雷[-6] 氷[1] 龍[9] 計[10]
Fire 12, Water -6, Electro -6, Ice 1, Dragon 9, Total 10​

Method

Rajang

1. Support: Put Rajang to sleep using SleepShot 3 times (9bullets)
2. Support: Load up ParaShot and prepare a SnareTrap
Attack: Wake up Rajang (crouched Lv2 pierce shot through head and body)
3. Support: Make sure the SnareTrap is layed out so Rajang immediately gets paralyzed when he wakes up
Attack: keep attacking
4. Support: Fire 3x Lv ParaShots (6 Bullets), you can then immediately paralyze Rajang again with 1 additional shot when the trap is broken
5. Support: After you paralyzed Rajang immediately lay a PitfallTrap
6. Capture using 2 Pokeballs or Shots, if you can't capture yet place 2 bombs
Attack: keep attacking​

DosRanbos

1: Support: After blinding with a flashbomb fire 2 SleepShot to put Ranbos to sleep
2: Support: Whole party places bombs
3: Support: Place a SnareTrap a bit behind Ranbos' feet so it'll hit after he gets up
4: Attack: Explode the bombs, afterwards crouched attribute shot (anything but dragon)
5: Support: Fire ParaShots so that you can quickly paralyze Ranbos after the trap wears off
6: Support: Mix a SnareTrap and wait near Ranbos, trap again when paralysis wears off
7: Capture using 2 Pokeballs or Shots​

If something goes wrong place a pitfall trap and bomb the shit out of the monster.

Zornica

Banned
ok... now I'm even more confused XD

So in order to get a kirin+kirin sub quest, I need to get on an expedition quest to hunt one of the following for kirin:
イャンクック ゲリョス亜種 テツカブラ
ネルスキュラ(レア) イャンクック亜種(レア)
and then also kill an intruding rathalos for the kirin sub?

or the other way around if I wanted to go for a kirin sub + kirin.

and to make it even more complicated
If I were to go for a Kirin quest, I can only get items from group 4 (or 8 for the kirin sub?)
http://www49.atwiki.jp/3dsmh4/pages/147.html

and why are groups 8 and 9 separated? they appear to be the same...

王剣斧 vs 豪剣斧
emperor axe vs Australian axe... which one is better? :p

Anura

Doulbepost (/^o ^)/ damn Anura ^^
I'm sure we GAFfers can somehow organize enough to get something like this to work. Dunno how lag affects that, should still work. That's for 2 players anyway 3+ should obliterate them even harder.

Lvl 100 Rajang Guide

There are guides for Ranbos, Basalmos, Tigarex. They use the same equipment though so I'll just recap the Ranbos one you get the idea probably.

2 person Bowgun team.

Support: LightBowgun
Weapon: アイルーヘルドール
Skills: 装填数UP、罠師、(+ボマー、耳栓) ※連発数+1と状態異常攻撃強化はNG(計算が狂うので)
LoadingUp, Trapmaster, (+Bomber, earplugs) ※Rapidfire+1 and StatusAtk are bad choices here
Example Gear:
Gunner - Def 124 - free slots 0 - weapon slots 2
Head: ゾディアスキャップ [3] - EventQuest Kusha
Torso: ゾディアスレジスト [1] - EventQuest Kusha
Arm: グラビドSガード [2] - HR Gravimos
Waist: クシャナアドミ [3] - Any Kusha
Boots: ロワーガフェムル [2] - mixed ingredients - furattohunter (send cpu friends), dala amadula, monster fluids
Amulet: any 3slot
Ornaments: 装填珠【2】、爆師珠【1】×5、防音珠【3】、防音珠【1】、罠師珠【1】×5
Loading 2 slot, bomber 1slot x5, soundproof 3slot + 1slot, trapper 1 slot x5
Resistances: 火[4] 水[5] 雷[5] 氷[13] 龍[-1] 計[26]
Fire 4, Water 5, Electro 5, Ice 13, Dragon -1 ; Total 26

Attacker: HeavyBowgun
Weapon: グラビドギガロア
Skills: 反動軽減1、貫通弾・貫通矢UP、フルチャージ、弱点特攻(+攻撃力UP系、ボマーなど)
RecoilReduction 1, PiercingShot, PierceUp, FullCharge, WeakPointAttack (+ AtkUp, Bomber etc)

Example Gear:
Gunner - Def 162 - free slots 0 - weapon slots 1
Head: スカルフェイス [胴系統倍化]
Torso: シルバーソルレジスト [3] - Rathian Rare Species
Arm: アーティアSガード [2]
Waist: グリードコート [胴系統倍化] - EvilJho Sub
Boots: 陸奥【具足】 [0] Daren-Mohran
Amulet: any 3 slot
Ornaments: 無傷珠【2】(胴)、抑反珠【1】(胴)、痛撃珠【3】、貫通珠【1】、無傷珠【1】、抑反珠【1】
Unhurt 2slot (Torso), Recoil 1slot (Torso), WeakpointAtk 3slot, Pierce 1slot, Recoil 1slot
Resistances: 火[12] 水[-6] 雷[-6] 氷[1] 龍[9] 計[10]
Fire 12, Water -6, Electro -6, Ice 1, Dragon 9, Total 10​

Method

Rajang

1. Support: Put Rajang to sleep using SleepShot 3 times (9bullets)
2. Support: Load up ParaShot and prepare a SnareTrap
Attack: Wake up Rajang (crouched Lv2 pierce shot through head and body)
3. Support: Make sure the SnareTrap is layed out so Rajang immediately gets paralyzed when he wakes up
4. Support: Fire 3x Lv ParaShots (6 Bullets), you can then immediately paralyze Rajang again with 1 additional shot when the trap is broken
5. Support: After you paralyzed Rajang immediately lay a PitfallTrap
6. Capture using 2 Pokeballs or Shots, if you can't capture yet place 2 bombs
Attack: keep attacking​

DosRanbos

1: Support: After blinding with a flashbomb fire 2 SleepShot to put Ranbos to sleep
2: Support: Whole party places bombs
3: Support: Place a SnareTrap a bit behind Ranbos' feet so it'll hit after he gets up
4: Attack: Explode the bombs, afterwards crouched attribute shot (anything but dragon)
5: Support: Fire ParaShots so that you can quickly paralyze Ranbos after the trap wears off
6: Support: Mix a SnareTrap and wait near Ranbos, trap again when paralysis wears off
7: Capture using 2 Pokeballs or Shots​

If something goes wrong place a pitfall trap and bomb the shit out of the monster.

Sure this will be great! I got a level 100 one that takes like 20 min to solo so I would love to try this out

Shurayuki

Hey I've been looking around and can't find anything (or maybe google translate just sucks) but do you know the drop rate for rare 7 gear and if it's different between quests?

I'll look at Atwiki for that.

Hmm, well how easy it is to get lvl 7 items probably depends on how many drops you get per fight and of which quality they are.

What I mean is that you only get lvl 7 from 栄光の~(RARE4~7) (for Amulets 歪んだ is that right?) IIRC so you'll need a quest that

A: has that level - the easy monsters don't have that, only

group 1: イャンガルルガ、キリン、ゴア・マガラ、ジンオウガ、ティガレックス、ティガレックス亜種
only lvl 91+

group 2 better: キリン亜種、クシャルダオラ、シャガルマガラ、ジンオウガ亜種、テオ・テスカトル、ブラキディオス、ラージャン
lvl 81+,

B: has many drops

You can see that in the table 報酬枠数

example teo has the most テオ・テスカトル 8~10

---

For amulets the best method IIRC, once you have an amulet of lvl 7 is to put it into the highest level synthesis/mixer in the last town, that gives you more amulets than what you put in. Save once you put them in and do enough quests (the tutorial quests where you only have to turn in an item) and then look at what you got. if you don't like the result/ didn't get more lvl7 reload without saving and check again.
The more lvl7 you put in the better chance to get more through that.

There was a guide for that I'll see if I can find that again but that's the bottom line.

Top Bottom