• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter 4 |OT| Slay 'em, Skin 'em, Wear 'em

Anura

do you want to be the attacker or the supporter? :p
I like being the attacker

I'll look at Atwiki for that.

Hmm, well how easy it is to get lvl 7 items probably depends on how many drops you get per fight and of which quality they are.

What I mean is that you only get lvl 7 from 栄光の~(RARE4~7) (for Amulets 歪んだ is that right?) IIRC so you'll need a quest that

A: has that level - the easy monsters don't have that, only

group 1: イャンガルルガ、キリン、ゴア・マガラ、ジンオウガ、ティガレックス、ティガレックス亜種
only lvl 91+

group 2 better: キリン亜種、クシャルダオラ、シャガルマガラ、ジンオウガ亜種、テオ・テスカトル、ブラキディオス、ラージャン
lvl 81+,

B: has many drops

You can see that in the table 報酬枠数

example teo has the most テオ・テスカトル 8~10

---

For amulets the best method IIRC, once you have an amulet of lvl 7 is to put it into the highest level synthesis/mixer in the last town, that gives you more amulets than what you put in. Save once you put them in and do enough quests (the tutorial quests where you only have to turn in an item) and then look at what you got. if you don't like the result/ didn't get more lvl7 reload without saving and check again.
The more lvl7 you put in the better chance to get more through that.

There was a guide for that I'll see if I can find that again but that's the bottom line.

Looks like I need to rank up that teo

Zornica

Banned
I like being the attacker

looks more like we need to get farming some bow gun equipment ;)
As of now, I own zero bow gun stuff.

I just checked, got everything except for the event kush items (2)
mh... also missing the option to craft the boots. -_-

I'll just use this a list for reference
Missing stuff

Event Kush:
2 Quest Items
2 Wings

Boots: http://wiki.mh4g.org/ida/74159.html
Monsterfluid x3
bee larva x7 地底洞窟

Earpluggem [3]
霞龍の宝玉 (1)

Shurayuki

ok... now I'm even more confused XD

So in order to get a kirin+kirin sub quest, I need to get on an expedition quest to hunt one of the following for kirin:

and then also kill an intruding rathalos for the kirin sub?

or the other way around if I wanted to go for a kirin sub + kirin.

and to make it even more complicated
If I were to go for a Kirin quest, I can only get items from group 4 (or 8 for the kirin sub?)
http://www49.atwiki.jp/3dsmh4/pages/147.html

and why are groups 8 and 9 separated? they appear to be the same...

王剣斧 vs 豪剣斧
emperor axe vs Australian axe... which one is better? :p

Woops, fucked up the dropr link, that is the best place to look at that probably. Fixed that.

So um. what the game does is this

1: Roll for each monster that was killed in the quest if it will become a GQ or not
2: If a GQ was created roll from the available GQ monsters which one will appear
3: From that result, decide the GQ monster, if more than 2 monsters were killed roll if it will be a 2 monster quest
4: If it became a 2 monster quest, roll which monster will be the 2nd from the monster that was not chosen for the original GQ creation

So yeah, from that, It would seem you have to kill an intruding monster that can give kirin/sub for that to appear in a duo GQ.

Yes that's how I understand the groups too.
Which gear you get should be entirely irrelevant since all it's properties will be randomized, it's only for the looks.

I think 8 & 9 get separated in groups at certain quality drops, but that info still is under review since data appears to still be fuzzy on that (for high quality drops). If you look at the table they're separated for 傷 / flawed (or whatever it's called in EN) gear.

Or one of the Rajang combo quests, can give even more items. Question being which one, Tigarex seems to be the popular choice there. Now that I look at the guide it actually uses different gear (slightly diff armor for the supporter) -_- But still bowguns.

Zornica

Banned
Or one of the Rajang combo quests, can give even more items. Question being which one, Tigarex seems to be the popular choice there. Now that I look at the guide it actually uses different gear (slightly diff armor for the supporter) -_- But still bowguns.

Good thing I haven't started crafting (everything) yet...
what's different?

Shurayuki

It's not like lvl 7 is the uncontested best anyways, you can get higher skill levels (and some skills aren't on that level lvl 7 and vice versa) from up to lvl 6 too.

Good thing I bookmark everything, this is the table .

Good thing I haven't started crafting (everything) yet...
what's different?

This is the Tigarex loadout

防御力 [110→110]/空きスロ [0]/武器スロ[3]
頭装備:ケロロフェイク [0]
胴装備:アーティアSレジスト [2]
腕装備:(胴系統倍化)
腰装備:(胴系統倍化)
脚装備:イーオスSレギンス [3]
お守り:なし [0]
装飾品:特攻珠【2】(胴)、罠師珠【1】×5、速射珠【1】
耐性値:火[6] 水[6] 雷[-6] 氷[13] 龍[10] 計[29]

This time it's with rapid attack +1 and status atk

Guide

Zornica

Banned
It's not like lvl 7 is the uncontested best anyways, you can get higher skill levels (and some skills aren't on that level lvl 7 and vice versa) from up to lvl 6 too.

Good thing I bookmark everything, this is the table .

This is the Tigarex loadout

防御力 [110→110]/空きスロ [0]/武器スロ[3]
頭装備:ケロロフェイク [0]
胴装備:アーティアSレジスト [2]
腕装備:(胴系統倍化)
腰装備:(胴系統倍化)
脚装備:イーオスSレギンス [3]
お守り:なし [0]
装飾品:特攻珠【2】(胴)、罠師珠【1】×5、速射珠【1】
耐性値:火[6] 水[6] 雷[-6] 氷[13] 龍[10] 計[29]

This time it's with rapid attack +1 and status atk

Guide

that's a completely different setup -_-
is the rajang guide about normal Rajang or Super Sayan Rajang?
Because if it's for the former, there is no point in crafting that set.

... how do you get monster fluid in this game?
edit: I guess through quests?

Shurayuki

that's a completely different setup -_-
is the rajang guide about normal Rajang or Super Sayan Rajang?
Because if it's for the former, there is no point in crafting that set.

... how do you get monster fluid in this game?

The armor is different but the core skills are the same.
The point is the strategy which works against anything.

(If you don't feel like drawing up, playing bowguns you can also do the same thing but with normal weapons with the attributes, most likely SnS for the support. I mean really, it's MH, do what you like. The point is the Sleep, Para, Trap abuse and the "timings" if even that)

nonninja-edit: Really, I'd go for the second set if anything (tiga) because the first has some pretty nasty requirements, can always get that in the long run

It's Ranbos+Rajang, they're all combo guides.
Tigarex is Rex+Rajang.

Same as always, poison insects or get lucky when hitting them.

Fistwell

.. how do you get monster fluid in this game?
edit: I guess through quests?
Poison bomb bnahabras.

For reference, I have a decent status LBG setup floating around somewhere, dont think I have any speed trap on it though. Let me know if you guys want some assistance on the status side of things.

Zornica

Banned
Poison bomb bnahabras.

For reference, I have a decent status LBG setup floating around somewhere, dont think I have any speed trap on it though. Let me know if you guys want some assistance on the status side of things.

I'm farming the set atm, the only thing missing is Event Kush x2 (and I don't think I can beat him by myself. I probably could, but it would take forever and I'm impatient.)

Shurayuki

Poison bomb bnahabras.

Can also get them from the shroom gathering things.

I'm farming the set atm, the only thing missing is Event Kush x2 (and I don't think I can beat him by myself. I probably could, but it would take forever and I'm impatient.)

Can take a while yeah, though I got my time down to ~20 min when I gathered my swordmaster set. Why u take so long MH. (not playing for months all the time doesn't help). Really the only thing I liked better about the other hunting games is the time thing (although if they're too short it doesn't feel like a challenge) - having real ai helpers probably helps.

Zornica

Banned
Now I remember why I stopped giving a damn about expeditions. That's like the most frustrating thing ever. Fucking parrot sub species -_-. Strong poison is the worst (next to fleeing nearly dead monsters).

Shurayuki

Now I remember why I stopped giving a damn about expeditions. That's like the most frustrating thing ever. Fucking parrot sub species -_-. Strong poison is the worst (next to fleeing nearly dead monsters).

Haha.

What are you trying to make? Are you hunting the most efficient monster for that?

I recommend looking up what you're trying to make in the reverse list 上位ギルドクエ派生一覧 逆引き(確定) from Idblog, that'll give you the list for the highest GQ frequency.

It get's frustrating quick if you're trying to get something specific. best to just think of it as casually playing the game instead of you grinding for that thing if at all possible.

Zornica

Banned
Haha.

What are you trying to make? Are you hunting the most efficient monster for that?

I recommend looking up what you're trying to make in the reverse list 上位ギルドクエ派生一覧 逆引き(確定) from Idblog, that'll give you the list for the highest GQ frequency.

It get's frustrating quick if you're trying to get something specific. best to just think of it as casually playing the game instead of you grinding for that thing if at all possible.

I'm not looking for anything in particular... maybe a nice switch axe that comes with a good guild quest. But I'll try to go for a Kirin or Kirin Sub. A shaggy quest is also ok, even though I already got one, the equipment it offers is shit.

just got a doubble quest - kutkut and his cousin pink asshole bird... can't remember it's name. with great sword and long sword option.

edit: omg.. I need to farm even more event kush :( I need 8 quest items (I need 2 gunner and 2 blader armor parts..)
what's the best way to farm that thing? (besides 3 motivated people... maybe I should try online?)

edit2:
if someone want's to farm a few kushs with me... I'll just wait here hitting F5 every now and than

edit3:
is there some kind of "cat guide" somewhere? I don't know which ones to pick :7

Vuze

Somebody up for hunting in about 2-3h from posting time? I want to finish some high rank quests I'm missing. Also need to get in shape for MH4G :p

FC 1375-7850-7790

Zornica

Banned
went to bed early, but I'm awake now...

added you, just in case
5000-2755-2639

(we can try to play later today, I'll try to stay awake at least until 7pm utc+1)

Yagami_Sama

I took several attempts in order to beat Rajang for the first time. Hit him with a bow, was a pain, mainly when it enters in Super Saiyan mode, and anything is 1 hit KO.

By the way,I still need a lot of stuff to do all Zelda themed items.

Zornica

Banned
@Vuze give me a call next time when you guys decide to play ;)
Should've checked the chat yesterday :/

edit: yo, stop teasing us T_T
I guess because we already know about mh4gu being there, your tease would imply that there's actually going to be something we don't know yet? and it's probably mh4 related... I guess at least one group of system owners will get their wish granted after all.

The only thing I'd care about is cross region multiplayer... including japan this time.

Zornica

Banned
More Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate @ Treehouse
starting soon

and here we go

are those short cuts for specific items on the lower screen?

If I want to get into this series should I bother playing the psp versions/monster hunter 3 or should I just wait for this one? I'm guessing each new reiteration renders the previous one useless since it's more of the same but better?

Vuze

If I want to get into this series should I bother playing the psp versions/monster hunter 3 or should I just wait for this one? I'm guessing each new reiteration renders the previous one useless since it's more of the same but better?
I think 3 Ultimate is a good place to start. You'll encounter quite a bunch of monsters and areas that won't be available in 4 Ultimate. Most of the PSP/PS2 games are rather hard to get into and may seem unfair to you after having played 3rd or 4th gen games due to large enemy attack hit boxes and the like. If you don't own a 3DS yet but only a PSP, I'd recommend to try Portable 3rd.

Anura

The series goes through pretty distinct "evolutions" if you will. Each gen is similar on the surface but is very different when you actually play them.

Gen 1/2: the PSP games (except a JPN one that never came over here...) are very dated and very hard. They have some awful hitboxes and do a horrible job of introducing players. Monsters have fewer attacks and weapons are less refined. However it's for these very reason I still go back and play it on occasion

Gen 3: the Wii, 3DS and Wii U games (and that aforementioned JPN psp one. Called Monster Hunter portable 3rd or simply abbreviated to MHP3rd)These games vastly improved the models, animations and hitboxes of the monsters while lowering the difficulty a good deal. Introduced underwater combat and refined the weapons a good deal. It's very easy on newcomers even if it has a very slow start.

Gen 4: This game obviously. This one introduced vertically and added so much more mobility to your actions. The game is faster and a little more fluid. They removed underwater combat but most people didn't like it anyways. Great place to start too

Now as for the question at hand I would suggest either MH3U or 4U. If you want online get 4 or the Wii U version of 3U. The psp games would problably turn you away from MH really... So skip those for now because I think they're best to come back to and challenge yourself once you actually get into the series. Also don't get the original wii version of MH3 as not only does it have barely even 1/3 the content of MH3U but the servers have been shut down making certain monsters unavailable there

Zornica

Banned
I guess I'm too late...

How about Wednesday?

I'm in the midst of my finals, so time is sparse sadly

edit: same, gmt "+2"

Vuze

I think it's great and very cute, MHs weapon arsenal consists of super-badass weapons and cute, weird weapons alike. Definitely gonna craft it =)

Anura

EU weapon contest winner is announced:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuelEVDGPng

Reactions are mixed

but I love it.

EDIT:

Ugh, sorry to bother you guys, here's a thread:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=848114&highlight=monster+hunter+4+ultimate

That's what makes MH so great though! I can have this awesome spiny sword of death or just equip a spatula... The gear ranges from awesome to stupid, serious to silly, covering everything to skimpy battle thongs and everything else inbetween!

Joining the Fun in this thread!

Been a Monster Hunter player since the first game on PS2

Took a nice long break from 3U for the last year and now I am literally starving for the next thing

is it 2015 yet?

Anura

Anyone here want to piece together a time we can all play? Just shout out a time that works for you and we can go from there. I'm usually pretty free anyways. I got my Teo up to 98 too!

Top Bottom