• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Fandangox

yeah, check the content preview in the download menu. No Hyper G.Rathian.

Prowler Arena:
Lagombi
Arzuros

Arena:
Tigrex

Regular Quests
Savage Jho - Strider Equipment
Hyper Mizutsune - Ushio & Tora Equipment
Kecha Wacha, Blagonga, Rajang - dunno
Lagiacrus, Agnaktor, Najarala Arena - dunno
Hyper Daimyo Hermitaur - dunno
Gammoth and Glavenus - USJ Equipment
Hyper Blagonga - Starfox Palico Equipment
Gammoth, Malfestio, Brachydios Arena - Legend of Zelda Equipment
Astalos x2 - Uniqlo Equipment
Hyper Lavasioth - Pirate Equipment
Yian Garuga 2x - Not sure what the armor set is. A set with chest, waist, and shoes pieces. Some Palico Equipment too.
Iodrome and Volvidon - More Pirate Gear

Item Pack:
Support Pack 2

4 Palicoes and a bunch of guild card stuff.

Thanks. I guess I'll just get the Zelda equipment and never use it like in 4U

Akiller

Oh, I was referring to the village. There is a LR Ratholos quest there. If you've made it to HR5 you have a few more choices. If you can kill the Shogun Ceanataur, his armor is pretty good. You can also get the BaJuBaJuBa set in HR. It's bulldrome and jaggi parts and gives AuL.

Got it.

What's AuL?

Are those sets you just suggested me good for chargeblade too? I'm trying it a bit and i find it fun, but hard to use too.

Got it.

What's AuL?

Are those sets you just suggested me good for chargeblade too? I'm trying it a bit and i find it fun, but hard to use too.

Yes they would work for CB. Soon you will want more weapon specific skills (artillery up, I think for CB?) but it is hard to really work those in until the HR6+ sets.

Chargeblade is one of the more complex weapons from what I've read. I've been meaning to give it a try, but I've been sticking with Dual Blades so far.

DrArchon

Got it.

What's AuL?

CB doesn't really require any specific skills unless you're really big on stunning with Impact types, in which case you can grab an Artillery skill. If you're running Element phial CBs then maybe Element Attack up, but Impact types are usually better anyway. Attack Up skills, Razor Sharp, Crit Eye, Weakness Exploit, all of these work pretty well for CB.

kubus

Will the august dlc disappear once september rolls around? I am probably getting the game this week but don't know which day. I would hate to miss the Wind Waker and Okami stuff though. I read that the July dlc is still available, that true?

tuffy

Will the august dlc disappear once september rolls around? I am probably getting the game this week but don't know which day. I would hate to miss the Wind Waker and Okami stuff though. I read that the July dlc is still available, that true?
DLC is cumulative and never goes away once it's released.

DrArchon

Finally completed all of the LR village quests and unlocked Out of the Fry Pan. Think I'm going to save that one for when I have a completed weapon. Is Out of the Fry Pan like The Fated Four where it's just one after the other, or is it 2 or more at once?

Fistwell

Finally completed all of the LR village quests and unlocked Out of the Fry Pan. Think I'm going to save that one for when I have a completed weapon. Is Out of the Fry Pan like The Fated Four where it's just one after the other, or is it 2 or more at once?
Off the top of my head, I think the first two are together. It's not as painful as the Gian+Slos or dble rajang though (imo).

DrArchon

Off the top of my head, I think the first two are together. It's not as painful as the Gian+Slos or dble rajang though (imo).

Sounds annoying, but doable. I mean, Naked and Afraid wasn't that bad in 4U thanks to Smoke Bombs so I'd image you'd be able to do the same thing with Narga and Tigrex. I was just worried that it'd end up being Jho + whatever else.

Fistwell

Sounds annoying, but doable. I mean, Naked and Afraid wasn't that bad in 4U thanks to Smoke Bombs so I'd image you'd be able to do the same thing with Narga and Tigrex. I was just worried that it'd end up being Jho + whatever else.
eh... smoke bombs have been working like shiiiiieeet in mhg for me. That central wall's been much more reliable.

DrArchon

Attempted Out of the Fry Pan for shits and giggles, but had to abandon once I ran out of Adamant Seeds to deal with the defense down that Jho kept giving me. I got hit once while my defense was down and lost about 80% of my health in one blow. I think I fought Jho for something like 20 mins and didn't manage to kill him, so I'm definitely going to need to revisit this with end-game weapons and armor.

Wow, Teostra in the village was pretty tough even with fully upgraded Mizu water DBs and Rath S armor. Felt good to take him down solo, though!

I feel like a scrub for not realizing you can do a shot before doing the slam in the air with Gunlance till just now. And I've been using aerial Gunlance for quite a while now.

Man, when the fuck in the MonHun team going to update those gen 1/2 monsters. You can easily which monsters are ancient by glance when you see gen 3+ monsters.

I've never used a gun weapon in MH before, but I was playing around with armor sets for LBG when I realized I was set on 'blademaster' in Athena's. Can you equip blademaster armor as a gunner? I found a decent set with TrueShot Up and ammo saver, but I wasn't sure if there were any restrictions around that.

tuffy

I've never used a gun weapon in MH before, but I was playing around with armor sets for LBG when I realized I was set on 'blademaster' in Athena's. Can you equip blademaster armor as a gunner? I found a decent set with TrueShot Up and ammo saver, but I wasn't sure if there were any restrictions around that.
Gunners can equipment blademaster helmets, or armor pieces that allow both (like Chakra), but that's it.

Rawk Hawk

Well I'm about 78 hour into the game, and I finally made the mistake that I seem to do in every MH game. I made the wrong armor piece. this time though, I didn't even noticed until after about 3 hunts.. Was putting together the Rathalos S set, but made Regios S arms.. got to love it.

I suppose now I should finish Regios and try my hand at some Great Sword,

DrArchon

Question about crown monsters that I've never figured out. Is that totally random as to whether or not a monster will be bigger/smaller? I know there are some event missions with bigger/smaller monsters, my favorite being the tiny Uragaan from Tri, but is that also the case for non-event missions?

I say this because I just got Desert Brawlers done and got a gold crown Niblesnarf and was wondering if I was just really lucky or if there would always be a gold crown Niblesnarf there.

jonjonaug

Question about crown monsters that I've never figured out. Is that totally random as to whether or not a monster will be bigger/smaller? I know there are some event missions with bigger/smaller monsters, my favorite being the tiny Uragaan from Tri, but is that also the case for non-event missions?

I say this because I just got Desert Brawlers done and got a gold crown Niblesnarf and was wondering if I was just really lucky or if there would always be a gold crown Niblesnarf there.
Different quests have different variance rates for monster sizes. I think high rank quests are more likely to have big or small monsters.

taybul

Question: would i be missing out by getting into monster hunter 4 ultimate rather than Generations? I enjoyed a lot of time on MHU4 and regret selling it so ive been pondering what my purchase should be.

I personally wasn't a fan of the guild quests and relics from MH4U and I'm glad they ditched those in Gen. The new hunter arts/styles are fun to use.

taybul

Thanks for answering. Is the online community going strong?

Toying with either getting this or Hyrule Legends. Not sure which i am in the mood for first.

For Gen? I don't know since I just started (which in MH world equates to about 12 hrs playtime). I'm trying to blow through most of the village quests and gearing up before heading online.

I have been tempted to buy a N3DS along with this; how long do people usually keep playing the game online? Will the community be alive, say 6 months from now on? or does it just wane away as a new game is announced?

tuffy

I have been tempted to buy a N3DS along with this; how long do people usually keep playing the game online? Will the community be alive, say 6 months from now on? or does it just wane away as a new game is announced?
In my experience, people keep playing regularly until the next game in the series is actually released - though some players drop off over time as they finish all the quests, max out all their gear, and just plain run out of things to do. That said, 4 Ultimate or even 3 Ultimate rooms wouldn't be hard to find and those have been out for a long time now. In 6 months I'm sure there'll still be lots of Generations activity going on.

In my experience, people keep playing regularly until the next game in the series is actually released - though some players drop off over time as they finish all the quests, max out all their gear, and just plain run out of things to do. That said, 4 Ultimate or even 3 Ultimate rooms wouldn't be hard to find and those have been out for a long time now. In 6 months I'm sure there'll still be lots of Generations activity going on.
Thanks. That is nice. I assume it might also help that the next game will most probably be on NX, which means less people will move over. Or I like to think so haha

A rather off topic question: how is the 3D implemented in the Generations? Should I go with N3DS in the hope of experiencing 3D properly? I wear glasses so I am not sure if the eye tracking of N3DS will work

Shengar

I must said that the online community is a bit shorter in longevity compared to MH4U. Most probably because people busy with another big releases during this time period. Compared to MH4U where it enjoy consecutive quiet months with a little break on late March-early April (when Bloodborne was released).

ohlawd

What? Tri only had 3 returning monsters, including Rathian/Rathalos which are in MHGen.
????

Gigginox is a better Khezu
Qurupeco is a better Yian Garuga
Great Jaggi/Baggi/Wroggi are better 'dromes
then other good shit like Barroth and Barioth are straight up missing from 3rd gen. likewise with Nerscylla from 4U

I think we're lucky to even get legit monsters like Agnaktor and Uragaan in Generations.

Top Bottom