• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Infinite

Just attempted out of the frying pan and got mopped. Fighting the tigrex and narg together is infuriating. Bringing smoke bombs next go.

Just attempted out of the frying pan and got mopped. Fighting the tigrex and narg together is infuriating. Bringing smoke bombs next go.

Bring loads of farcasters (exciteshroom + bomb casing). As soon as the situation gets tough (need to quaff more than 1 pot and the cats are dead) use a farcaster to use the bed, sharpen, combine / buff. If you want to go 100% lame just farcaster away when the gate is on cooldown lol.

Quadratic

Anyone able to help me with a HR 5 quest? Desert Brawlers. It's the last unlock before being able to have access to the Sakura charm farming.

18-7476-1411-5934
pass 1111

thank you

Amalthea

Banned
But it has Blangos, and those are worse.
They don't look as stupid, they don't constantly fart and because of those two points the devs didn't find it funny that you have to fight the big ones a million times until you could get to hunt an actually good monster.

What's proper etiquette when playing with randoms online? Having a hard time linking up with friends and I'm getting tired of playing solo. Really want to start farming Deviants and such. Don't want to break any unwritten rules, I haven't played MH with random folks since PS2 days.

sonny4p

I thought I was a badass with my lvl 10 dreadking armor and sns. While farming hellblade Glavenus with 2 other similar leveled players we were joined by another player (HR 522) that used a Cursed Lamp lbg. Holy Crap the glavenus had no chance with this player. He absolutely wrecked the glavenus. The glavenus could barely make a move before it was stunned and just died. I was in awe. This player actually "carried" us and we were all HR100 and above. So I've built the cursed lamp to learn the light bow gun. Could someone recommend an armor set to go with the cursed lamp. I've googled but can't find an answer.

Shengar

What's proper etiquette when playing with randoms online? Having a hard time linking up with friends and I'm getting tired of playing solo. Really want to start farming Deviants and such. Don't want to break any unwritten rules, I haven't played MH with random folks since PS2 days.

Don't post a quest unless its your room or until the host said so.

Don't use attack that sends people playing when you are near other team mate (Hammer super slam, HH overheard slaw, SnS elbow strike and so on).

I think besides that, the rest are pretty much common online etiquette (not using offensive auto-message, no AFK-ing, no abandoning in the middle of the quest, etc).

tuffy

I thought I was a badass with my lvl 10 dreadking armor and sns. While farming hellblade Glavenus with 2 other similar leveled players we were joined by another player (HR 522) that used a Cursed Lamp lbg. Holy Crap the glavenus had no chance with this player. He absolutely wrecked the glavenus. The glavenus could barely make a move before it was stunned and just died. I was in awe. This player actually "carried" us and we were all HR100 and above. So I've built the cursed lamp to learn the light bow gun. Could someone recommend an armor set to go with the cursed lamp. I've googled but can't find an answer.
You'll probably want something with Load Up, Status Atk +2, and Recoil Down +1. Plug your charms into Athena's Armor Set Search and it should be able to recommend some armor options for you. Recoil Down +1 along with attaching a silencer should be enough to fire the level 2 status shots without recoil. So use the Full House hunter art to load all shots, cycle through the level 2 and level 1 status shots until the status takes effect, cycle through status effects (poison -> paralysis -> sleep, etc.) to keep the monster pinned down, and combine more status shot ammo as needed by bringing materials with you.

kaioshade

Finally finished the "main" game, that ending sequence was...something.

Now on to 6 star and beyond. So terrified to hop online. Seeing people with like 900 HR or something with my pathetic HR makes me feel all sorts of inadequate.

spiritfox

The Hero's Bow is kinda nice if you don't want to use Teostra, and the Uniqlo set has Evade Extender which means I can not use Narga armors. Star Knight is kinda trash now which is sad, but Hiryu is Snowbaron with slots which might be useful.

Rawk Hawk

Hmm Hero's Bow is pretty decent then? I've never really got into using a bow, but if any thing can convince me it would be a full Link outfit. I feel like in 4U the weapons and armor were fairly weak. I don't mind giving up a little damage for something fun, but I also don't want 30 minute hunts.

ohlawd

anyone up for the DLC?

A better Kut Ku I can agree, but Yian Garuga, no. See, Gen 4 Yian Garuga is the perfect small flying wyvern.
lol the thing is, I hate the shit out of Yian Garuga but love Deadeye. so I'm gonna use any reason I can to replace vanilla Garuga. and uhhh I forgot about Kut-ku ;_; but I guess the reason I forgot is because I don't mind it as much.

spiritfox

Hmm Hero's Bow is pretty decent then? I've never really got into using a bow, but if any thing can convince me it would be a full Link outfit. I feel like in 4U the weapons and armor were fairly weak. I don't mind giving up a little damage for something fun, but I also don't want 30 minute hunts.

It doesn't beat Bow of Light & Courage (nothing does) but it's comparable to other endgame bows. With Loading (comes with the Link gunner set) it can reach Rapid 5 at lvl 4 charge, and it has all the status coats plus 3 slots.

anyone up for the DLC?

Yo post a room.

ohlawd

screw it, gotta take the initiative lol

19-3231-3979-4816

doing all the new events in order starting from the top. early bird gets the worm. we can start when there's three people

edit: gawwwwdddddd foxxy lol

edit edit: that's that. thanks, foxxy

Shengar

lol the thing is, I hate the shit out of Yian Garuga but love Deadeye. so I'm gonna use any reason I can to replace vanilla Garuga. and uhhh I forgot about Kut-ku ;_; but I guess the reason I forgot is because I don't mind it as much.

Deadeye should be the default Garuga from now on. It can keep its toxin if needed.

anyone up for the DLC?

I think MH4U Garuga was very nice (and challenging) on its own, even without the Deviant improvements in Generations.

Garuga is considered the Gen 1 Powerhouse, similar to Jho in MHTri or Rajang in Gen 2. Gen 1 Garuga was a pain in the ass.

Anyway, I do love the Deadeye, it's a fun fight and a huge improvement.

ohlawd

dat Deadeye love

anyway I fully upgraded the new buccaneer armor. I saved and instantly regretted it. has 15 Fate, 7 Capturer and 7 Carve. the 4-slot decorations for Cap and Carve instantly degrade Great Luck down to Good. It looks really nice tho and it's still got two pieces with three slots each

CPCunha

I need help with the Triple Toad quest... i need it for the R armor...
Yo triple digit HR hunters, help a brother out!

14-4827-1167-6215

!!

Edit: Maybe next time!

KdylanR92

I really wish people would stop trying to be all MLG and not heal at low health even when giving the chance. Then you mess up, cart, come back and do the same thing.......

Edit: also jesus these Zinogre sets are awful, how could they do this to my favorite.

Syril

Holy shit no one said the Beast Spear was in this game! I need it!
029092e10634ed13f50be67d73880ae6.png

Boogiepop

So this may be a bit of a weird question, but does anyone know the best way to go about getting into the Monster Hunter Standard Model Plus stuff (not sure if the plus makes it a sub-series or if it applies to all of them). Picked up one at a convention (they're little blind box style figures, for those who don't know), and I got a Glavenus and find it to be a really cool little thing. I see there are some boxes up on AmiAmi for upcoming sets at least, but I'm having trouble figuring out if buying those 6 sets gets you all the monsters or if you risk doubles. So yeah, info on how to approach these, or failing that any help on where to look into these, would be super helpful.

Love MH, so the idea of getting some reasonable (IE not that crazy "what if Gore Magala was an anime girl?!" figure) merchandise sounds nice to me.

Edit: Never mind. I did my research and everything seems to state that a box is indeed a complete set, and as such I went ahead and ordered the boxes that I could off of AmiAmi, which should give me a nice little collection of the things.

DrArchon

OK, so what is the point of gold Gargwa eggs? It feels like the game is trolling you during egg quests by giving you these fucking things that don't count towards the quest, even though they're still technically Gargwa eggs. I mean, egg quests are annoying enough by virtue of being egg quests, so does the game also need to make the eggs random drops that can end up being the wrong kind of egg?

Queropecco is one of my favorite monsters and I'd very much like it back. Kut-ku is just Garuga with training wheels on. I'm fine with keeping Garuga but drop Kut-ku in favor of the far more distinct Queropecco. Also second the sentiment on Gigginox over Khezu. They are the same asshole, but at least Gigginox does't feel like a knock-off of every other bipedal wyvern. Plus, no frigging tail spin attack. And do I even need to say anything about Jaggis over Dromes?

Queropecco is one of my favorite monsters and I'd very much like it back. Kut-ku is just Garuga with training wheels on. I'm fine with keeping Garuga but drop Kut-ku in favor of the far more distinct Queropecco. Also second the sentiment on Gigginox over Khezu. They are the same asshole, but at least Gigginox does't feel like a knock-off of every other bipedal wyvern. Plus, no frigging tail spin attack. And do I even need to say anything about Jaggis over Dromes?

Pretty much my thoughts.

Gonna be looking to hop in a turn room shortly if one is still up.

Quadratic

How many of you guys have the Hori grip for the XL? I'm seeing that Amazon has it for about $42...

I've been playing Monster Hunter games on the 3DSXL for years and never had any major issues with comfort. However after getting Generations my hands have been getting uncomfortable to the point where I can't play the game for extended periods (getting old).
After getting really bad cramps in my left hand while playing a few days ago I decided to buy a grip.

I'll let you know when I receive mine.

$55 CDN shipped from Japan.

Helping a friend with Narky online for the 3* Urgent.

I feel like I actually have no idea what I'm supposed to do for this battle. I've already done it at least 4 times with a full party and I never really paid attention to what my teammates were doing...I was just shooting the big spot on his front with my lbg and using the ammo to shoot him too.

I know you can also hit him with a sonic to stun him, but what's the exact time to use it? Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.

tuffy

Helping a friend with Narky online for the 3* Urgent.

I feel like I actually have no idea what I'm supposed to do for this battle. I've already done it at least 4 times with a full party and I never really paid attention to what my teammates were doing...I was just shooting the big spot on his front with my lbg and using the ammo to shoot him too.

I know you can also hit him with a sonic to stun him, but what's the exact time to use it? Sometimes it works and other times it doesn't.
When I was doing some solo farming, I would grab my best pierce shot gun and start off on Narky's heads sticking out of the ground. Once they're both destroyed, he'll flop out of the ground and his weak spot will be available for shooting. I'd just repeat that process a few times until the automatic repel. So I'm not entirely sure when the best time to use the sonic bombs are.

DrArchon

Khezu is by far on of the worst monsters in the game. Whoever thought it was a good idea to have a monster that just fucks over blademasters so hard should feel ashamed.

"I know! Let's have a monster that repeatedly uses a full body electric attack multiple times in a row with enough range to make it effectively invincible to melee weapons, and let's have it jump on cave ceilings repeatedly to avoid all damage from things that aren't bowguns and bounce bombs while being a pain to keep track of because of the camera controls. Also, let's have it disable all the music in the game so it's even MORE boring to fight!"

The only thing Khezu has going for it are the designs of its weapons and armor, and all they need to do to bring those back is bring back trading for monster parts.

ajim

I've gotta say, Hellblade Glavenus is bad ass. I just beat Hellblade 4 where you need to fight 2 and that was the toughest battle ive had in a damn long time.

Jho and and rajang got nothing on it. Nothing. I guess he's the new powerhouse eh.

Akiller

Made it to HR7, what now: keep upgrading my Shogun Ceanataur S set or try farming the Glavenus S one?Aerial style Longsword here.

DrArchon

Made it to HR7, what now: keep upgrading my Shogun Ceanataur S set or try farming the Glavenus S one?Aerial style Longsword here.

I love Razor Sharp so I'd go with the Ceanataur armor, but if your LS would really benefit from Sharpness +2 then the Glavenus armor would also be fine. I never sharpen my weapons enough for Grinder to really pay off, but I don't know how you like to play.

Which sword are you primarily using?

Top Bottom