• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

ilium

You can do either of those. Getting the timing down on the dive might take a few tries though. There's also bringing a Farcaster and Farcaster materials. I think sitting in one of those ballista things will prevent the suction effect too.

Swaxe Elemental Discharge seems to work pretty well for staggering it.

Was able to make and fully upgrade the Amatsu LBG after a few runs, aw yes. Loved the White Fatalis LBG in 4U so now to make a set...

The rush attack is where you're meant to put down Barrel Bombs for him to swallow. He'll eat one, blow up and, then you can fish him out of the sand for a bunch of free hits. Though Snarf developers a resistance so you'll need more bombs over time.

He is pretty annoying, though.

There is no high rank Village; you'll need to progress on the Hub side in order to get to high rank. But all the high rank harvest tour quests are in the first couple of high rank tiers so it shouldn't take too long to get there.

Well that explains things. Online it is.

PKrockin

There are so many ways to stop Nibbley in his tracks it's ridiculous. I can't believe I keep seeing people complain about him moving around too much. He must be the easiest monster to lock down in the game.

1. Throw a sonic bomb when he goes completely underground and he'll attack where the sonic bomb exploded, giving you free hits
2. He can be fished out when he staggers sometimes
3. You can make him eat bombs when he does the triple charge at you above ground and follow it up with #2
4. His head is massive and always at ground level, making him hilariously easy to KO
5. I just heard recently you can throw a sonic bomb at him when he's charging up his sand breath and follow it up with #2

When he's flopping around on the ground after being fished out, he can't even be KOed so you can wail away on him without fear of wasting the opportunity. He'll be KOed on the next KO damage you do after he returns to neutral if you surpassed his KO threshold while he was flopping around.

learn2item. Why would you hesitate using sonic bombs on Niblesnarf, it's not like you'll need them to flinch Kut-ku and Lagombi for 3 seconds. Diablos isn't even in this game. The only other monster you really want them for is Cephadrome, that douche.

Or just take aerial hammer, even without hammer practice you could probably get 1-2 mounts and 2-3 KOs just spamming uppercuts, getting a jump attack here and there, and triple pounding when he's down. It's not like hitting his head takes any precision, nor is being near the head very dangerous with his highly telegraphed attacks.

tuffy

Well that explains things. Online it is.
You don't necessarily have to do the Hub quests online if you don't want to, of course. The first couple of low rank tiers don't have many key quests and won't be hard to do solo if you have decent low rank gear. Low rank Hub monsters don't hit any harder or have any more moves then their low rank Village counterparts; they just have more HP.

Beats

HR8+ Turns if anyone wants to do anything:
34-4500-1391-6591
Pass is 1234

edit: Doesn't look like anyone's around at the moment so I closed the room.

onionfrog

Into the frying pan is fucking hard guys!

Got jho down but then eventually died to tigrex / nargacuga once I was out of healing items.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow with a better item set and healing cats

;_;

Edit:
I'll bring extra farcaster combines too. So I can cheese the tigrex / nargacuga portion by farcastering out when I need to wait for the fence to recharge...

Shengar

HR8+ Turns if anyone wants to do anything:
34-4500-1391-6591
Pass is 1234

edit: Doesn't look like anyone's around at the moment so I closed the room.
Sorry, I was already in a room >.<
Into the frying pan is fucking hard guys!

Got jho down but then eventually died to tigrex / nargacuga once I was out of healing items.

Maybe I'll try again tomorrow with a better item set and healing cats

;_;

Edit:
I'll bring extra farcaster combines too. So I can cheese the tigrex / nargacuga portion by farcastering out when I need to wait for the fence to recharge...

You can also try to use smoke bombs. The downtime between jho and the duo is long enough for you to prepare and smoke them out. While they are being oblivious to your presence, activate the fence and try to take them one by one. It's kinda hard though to keep them from being oblivious since both of them tends to annoyingly move around.

Today I learned about three things:

1. Felyne Ruby
2. Seltas can pull Seltas Queen out of a pitfall trap
3. It's easier to stun with SNS than with Hammer

WM1RYYC.gif

Did not know this. The other day I also found out that if you tire out Queen, she'll get pissed and eat the Seltas.

My absolute favorite Seltas Queen moment was in G rank where i was running around trying no to die and my friend (who i'm playing with an talking with on the phone) asked where the seltas went to and as I turn around to look at the queen she fucking whipped the seltas at us

DrArchon

Ugh, I wish the 3DS battery life wasn't dogshit. One minute I'm having a great set of hunts online and the next I've got the 3DS slowly charging while I wait for it to not be in the red anymore. That and a better screen size are the #1 and #2 reason why they'd better have MH5 show up on the NX.

ilium

Certain Materials for decorations being looked behind Meownster Hunter bullshit may be the worst design decision ever, Holy shit.

DrArchon

Certain Materials for decorations being looked behind Meownster Hunter bullshit may be the worst design decision ever, Holy shit.

Yep. I was checking out what I need to make Crit Element +1 decorations once I saw that 8 of the Crit Element points in the Zinogre S armor where in 2 pieces, but I need some cloth bullshit that you can only get from Meownster Hunters, and only in one region, and only when you're lucky enough to have that region have rare stuff. Total load of crap.

ilium

Yep. I was checking out what I need to make Crit Element +1 decorations once I saw that 8 of the Crit Element points in the Zinogre S armor where in 2 pieces, but I need some cloth bullshit that you can only get from Meownster Hunters, and only in one region, and only when you're lucky enough to have that region have rare stuff. Total load of crap.

Yea I need that cloth crap too. And there's not even a Meat quest like in 4U to Speed up that shit. Now I have to Fight low rank trash all time, goddamnit Capcom!

Thought I had time for more hunts, but I had to go. Good hunt A-Ron! Savage DJ is tough!

Finally got Wolf's Maw 3. Now I just need to unlock the toka set and the pure dragon bloods for it.

DrArchon

Yea I need that cloth crap too. And there's not even a Meat quest like in 4U to Speed up that shit. Now I have to Fight low rank trash all time, goddamnit Capcom!

Do Harvest Tours not advance stuff like the Meownster Hunters? I've never checked so I have no idea.

tuffy

Do Harvest Tours not advance stuff like the Meownster Hunters? I've never checked so I have no idea.
Harvest Tours haven't advanced game days in the past and don't now. There used to be trivial quests for advancing days before (like Kelbi Horn delivery) but I'm not sure what's good for that now.

And speaking of difficult decorations, the Legend Tickets for Critical Jwl 1 decorations are locked behind Arena quests. So I spent the afternoon learning the bow in order to bring down Arena Brachy for those tickets. I got halfway decent at the bow by the end, but it was still an annoying prerequisite.

DrArchon

I went back to CB for a couple of hunts and after using SnS and LS the lack of decent hunter arts for the CB just seems completely unfair. You've got Energy Blade I guess, but that's only really good when you combo it with Limit Break, and it seems like almost every other weapon gets a nice damaging art that doesn't require nearly that much set up. Plus Limit Break takes forever to charge up, which is incredibly annoying.

Healing Phial is just insulting though. I can't believe they wasted one of the 3 CB exclusive arts on that piece of shit.

Harvest Tours haven't advanced game days in the past and don't now. There used to be trivial quests for advancing days before (like Kelbi Horn delivery) but I'm not sure what's good for that now.

Ah, that makes sense. I don't think I ever bothered learning what quests were the best at advancing in-game time in previous games. I just did random LR hunts I think. Obviously not optimal.

And speaking of difficult decorations, the Legend Tickets for Critical Jwl 1 decorations are locked behind Arena quests. So I spent the afternoon learning the bow in order to bring down Arena Brachy for those tickets. I got halfway decent at the bow by the end, but it was still an annoying prerequisite.

There's a kelbi delivery quest in this game you can use to advance game days, too. You just have to bring your own kelbi horns to the quest (sold by trader).

tuffy

There's a kelbi delivery quest in this game you can use to advance game days, too. You just have to bring your own kelbi horns to the quest (sold by trader).
Ah, that's right! The old Kelbi Horn quest used to guarantee 2 Kelbi Horns in the rewards so one could cycle it continuously, but the new one needs resupplying to keep it going.

pronk420

Is there any SP content after you do the 6 star village quests? I know theres all the hub stuff but thats all meant for MP?

It seems odd if it finishes at 6 star since a lot of the monster variants didn't even show up.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Is there any SP content after you do the 6 star village quests? I know theres all the hub stuff but thats all meant for MP?

It seems odd if it finishes at 6 star since a lot of the monster variants didn't even show up.

You can absolutely solo the hub.

Hybris

3. It's easier to stun with SNS than with Hammer

Probably true for multiplayer since the hunter art is a 1 hit KO, but for solo Hammer still outclasses SNS in KO. SnS only rarely gets 3 KOs in a hunt against certain monsters (like garuga with low KO resistance), whereas Hammer nearly always gets 3, sometimes 4.

redcrayon

You can solo everything in the hub, I've gone through most of 7* hub solo. The only part I'm struggling with is the last couple of multiple hyper monster quests.

Don't know why you haven't been just doing Meownster Hunters every hunt anyway. It's not a difficult minigame after you get the hang of it. And it's hands down the best source for Dash Extract and Pale Extract.

I'm guzzling down Mega Dash Juice, Mega Armorskin, and Mega Demondrug practically every hunt thanks to those little bastards.

Beats

New DLC friday right? Do we know what the quests are? I need hyper G. Rathian.

yeah, check the content preview in the download menu. No Hyper G.Rathian.

Prowler Arena:
Lagombi
Arzuros

Arena:
Tigrex

Regular Quests
Savage Jho - Strider Equipment
Hyper Mizutsune - Ushio & Tora Equipment
Kecha Wacha, Blagonga, Rajang - dunno
Lagiacrus, Agnaktor, Najarala Arena - dunno
Hyper Daimyo Hermitaur - dunno
Gammoth and Glavenus - USJ Equipment
Hyper Blagonga - Starfox Palico Equipment
Gammoth, Malfestio, Brachydios Arena - Legend of Zelda Equipment
Astalos x2 - Uniqlo Equipment
Hyper Lavasioth - Pirate Equipment
Yian Garuga 2x - Not sure what the armor set is. A set with chest, waist, and shoes pieces. Some Palico Equipment too.
Iodrome and Volvidon - More Pirate Gear

Item Pack:
Support Pack 2

4 Palicoes and a bunch of guild card stuff.

ilium

I hope Hyper Jho isn't too far off, I really want to finish my Bow set...
How many more months are planned for DLC, anyone knows?

Don't know why you haven't been just doing Meownster Hunters every hunt anyway. It's not a difficult minigame after you get the hang of it. And it's hands down the best source for Dash Extract and Pale Extract.

I'm guzzling down Mega Dash Juice, Mega Armorskin, and Mega Demondrug practically every hunt thanks to those little bastards.

Obviously because I didn't know they locked decorations Materials behind it?!

DrArchon

Man, is it just me or is the random online community worse in this game than it was in 4U? No one ever talks in the hub except for saying hello, no one trades out guild cards, and no one bothers to stick around for multiple hunts. Seriously, I made a room that was for farming HR Tigrex and the title of the room was Farming and right after the first hunt everyone bails without saying a single word. Very rude. Whenever anyone left in 4U there was always a g2g that came from them beforehand.

Akiller

That set is fine for now. The Ratholos set when you get to 5* is pretty good for LS. Also, I'd recommend trying to build this long sword when you get to 4*: http://mhgen.kiranico.com/longsword/hidden-saber. Upgrade the Iron Katana to Level 4 then use Nargacuga parts to build and upgrade that.

Reached HR5, no Rathalos quests in there but i've built the hidden-saber! Though i need high rank Nargacuga parts to upgrade it.

Reached HR5, no Rathalos quests in there but i've built the hidden-saber! Though i need high rank Nargacuga parts to upgrade it.

Oh, I was referring to the village. There is a LR Ratholos quest there. If you've made it to HR5 you have a few more choices. If you can kill the Shogun Ceanataur, his armor is pretty good. You can also get the BaJuBaJuBa set in HR. It's bulldrome and jaggi parts and gives AuL.

Top Bottom