• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

I won't be playing Monster Hunter Generations just yet because I bought the physical version from Amazon, but I can't wait to play it soon! I've dipped over 100 hours into MH4U and fell in love with the Charge Blade! I'm probably going to enjoy it even more with the Styles.

jorgejjvr

I won't be playing Monster Hunter Generations just yet because I bought the physical version from Amazon, but I can't wait to play it soon! I've dipped over 100 hours into MH4U and fell in love with the Charge Blade! I'm probably going to enjoy it even more with the Styles.

waiting for amazon as well and to get out of work lol

I'm using a long sword (Bone, 90 Attk), and didn't know I could recruit cats? I finally defeated Cephadrome after two attempts (one just timing out at 50 minutes). I assume i'm doing something wrong, because 50 minutes for a boss seems excessive. I have all five souls platinums, so I'm not exactly new to this type of game.

If you go the cat area in main village, you can recruit cats to do different jobs for you.
Cat jobs;
- Two fight in battle with you
- Send them on missions
- Use them to create multiple of the same items.

Regarding Cephadrome, Cephadrome is a dick. I'm on last quest of village now and he took by far the longest, like 30~ minutes.
Sonic bombs will help alot, you can throw them whilst the monster is swimming around in the sand, sonic bombs make him pop out of the ground.

So many small monster and gathering quests!
Hope that gets better in HR...

For village? No HR village.

Pejo

Been watching a few SnS videos for MHX so far, I cannot wait to get home and really dig in with it. There's so many cool things you can do, with near instant-access to items. I'd imagine early game is going to be a little slower, until I have a SnS set for each element, and enough materials to create some useful items to use in battle (sonic bombs, barrel bombs, etc), but I'm ok with that. I'll be putting a ton of time in to this game.

MegaMelon

My copy was dispatched early Wednesday and is being delivered by 1st Class Royal Mail and still isn't here yet. Grr, what's the point of being 1st Class if it's gonna take 3 days?

Enjoy hunting everyone who's already got the game.

Kinsei

Banned
I have created the best guild card title + greeting combo ever.

WVW69jZmOUAzkSN3p6

Poogie want Hugs!

Berordn

Dumb question, but how's the village quest content? I loved my time with 3U and 4U, but I barely played any guild or multiplayer stuff.

I'll probably be getting it regardless, just wondering what I'm in for.

Dumb question, but how's the village quest content? I loved my time with 3U and 4U, but I barely played any guild or multiplayer stuff.

I'll probably be getting it regardless, just wondering what I'm in for.

The most quests in the series yet

Unfortunately a lot of them are gathering quests

ZeroX03

Banned
I'm very tempted to just go out and buy this today. But I know I won't play for months if ever, it's a waste to get it now.

Chase17

Looks like it's not for sale digitally on amazon. Looks like it will be a bit till I get the game then.

Bit of a bummer.

PKrockin

MH4U saw discounts didn't it? Not massive, but Capcom does do sales.

Bought MH4U at launch and I don't think I put more than five hours in hah...
Yeah, MH4U and 3U saw sales, I want to say up to half off, once the next game started nearing release.

At work now, but bought digitally from the Nintendo site.

I've set my 3DS XL on sleep mode before I left so it can download by the time I get home.

Fistwell

Just opened a lobby. Looking to play around with 1* keys. Feel free to hop on.

Hub ID: 02-6543-6394-4959 35-5065-6879-7145
Pass: 4444

Started off with the adept long sword. Can't seem to connect the sword ender from the dodge roll. Always wind up really far from the monster.

Tarps

Didn't the names "George" and "Steve" come off a Capcom MH4U preview stream before their official names were revealed?

George and Steve were Gore and Seregios weren't they? Don't think Gogmazios would have made the trailer for MH4U.

shows just how dumb those nicknames were anyway.

Listonosh

Started off with the adept long sword. Can't seem to connect the sword ender from the dodge roll. Always wind up really far from the monster.

Ok so this was exactly my question too. The only reason I don't understand Adept is that you're supposed to counterattack after the dodge roll, but I always found myself too far from the monster to attack them after the perfect dodge.

Also, is there any sort of GAF multiplayer list or how are people teaming up so far? I'm on 3* quests so far

Sylas

Ok so this was exactly my question too. The only reason I don't understand Adept is that you're supposed to counterattack after the dodge roll, but I always found myself too far from the monster to attack them after the perfect dodge.

Also, is there any sort of GAF multiplayer list or how are people teaming up so far? I'm on 3* quests so far

Not all styles are suited to all monsters! You can switch pretty freely and they don't really level up, so definitely swap around depending on how the monster you're fighting acts.

For highly mobile things Adept might not be a fantastic style if you wanna remain on the offense.

Listonosh

Not all styles are suited to all monsters! You can switch pretty freely and they don't really level up, so definitely swap around depending on how the monster you're fighting acts.

For highly mobile things Adept might not be a fantastic style if you wanna remain on the offense.

Ah ok! That makes more sense. I've been sticking with Aerial for the most part but did find it to be rather difficult and pointless against the smaller more mobile enemies. The bigger ones are much easier to target from the air. I guess that sort of thought process goes for Adept too.

Ah ok! That makes more sense. I've been sticking with Aerial for the most part but did find it to be rather difficult and pointless against the smaller more mobile enemies. The bigger ones are much easier to target from the air. I guess that sort of thought process goes for Adept too.

Have you figured out how to aim in the air yet? Small monsters are fine as long as you know to aim behind you.

Is anyone else having problems redeeming the theme DLC code on the store? It keeps telling me that I have to go in-game to redeem the code.

nubbe

Pokke Village in Freedom 2 was my first encounter with Monster Hunter.
Freedom 2 didn't manage to capture me then

Kinsei

Banned
Why the hell are there two different sets of Maccao armor? I accidentally made the wrong arms and spent armor spheres on it.

Top Bottom