• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Why the hell are there two different sets of Maccao armor? I accidentally made the wrong arms and spent armor spheres on it.

There are Gunner and Blademaster options for most armor sets. Just one of those things you gotta look out for.

EDIT: Oh wait, you're right. There's an extra set of arms and legs for each Maccao set. Weird.
EDIT2: Jaggi, too.

Chindogg

I'm not sure if anyone's asked this yet, but does MHG have a system similar to 4 where I have to make a character at a specific time to get the ideal items for my chosen playstyle to drop more frequently?

tuffy

I'm not sure if anyone's asked this yet, but does MHG have a system similar to 4 where I have to make a character at a specific time to get the ideal items for my chosen playstyle to drop more frequently?
3 Ultimate had charm tables permanently tied to when your character was created. 4 Ultimate reset the tables each time you started the game, and I expect Generations uses a similar system.

I'll just ask this here:

In preparation for MH Generations, I went ahead and got a New Nintendo 3DS XL. I have an old 3ds XL that is currently linked to the Nintendo Network ID I want to use. I don't have any important saves or anything on my old SD card in my old 3DS XL so I don't care about that but I would like to continue using my Nintendo Network ID. Would a wireless system transfer suffice for that purpose?

Chindogg

3 Ultimate had charm tables permanently tied to when your character was created. 4 Ultimate reset the tables each time you started the game, and I expect Generations uses a similar system.

Thanks. Wanted to jump right in but wasn't sure if I had to go through that bullshit again.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
The "yes" option when confirming to sell on the quest rewards screen being a horizontal toggle instead of a vertical one is throwing me off like crazy here.

I'll just ask this here:

In preparation for MH Generations, I went ahead and got a New Nintendo 3DS XL. I have an old 3ds XL that is currently linked to the Nintendo Network ID I want to use. I don't have any important saves or anything on my old SD card in my old 3DS XL so I don't care about that but I would like to continue using my Nintendo Network ID. Would a wireless system transfer suffice for that purpose?
Yeah. It'll be fine. You don't choose what it transfers, though. So if there's something you specifically don't want to transfer, consider uninstalling it beforehand.

Dak'kon

Anyone know the best Palicoes for village quests? I've used Gathering and Assist Palicoes up to level 9 because I like extra items and extra traps but the Assist Palico doesn't seem to do much so I'm thinking of switching it out. I'm wondering how effective offensive Palicoes are in this game or whether I should just use a healing Palico for status heals and small health regen?

So how do I scout a second Palico? I've set my preferences, but when I select 'Start Scouting', all I get is a message saying 'Begin the search'. What do?

Sorry if this is a dumb question, lol.

N3DS question.

when i configured my N3DS i only set the country of the store (some city in canada that doesnt pay taxes according to a guide online i read back then)

am i already set with a nintendo account or do i have to create one to redeem the DLC?

im gonna change it to USA instead if i have still the chance to do so

PS: i havent purchased anything on the e-store btw

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Here's a new monster hunter! Are you hyped?
> FUCK YES
Enjoy your routine 10-ish small monster & gather quests!
> ....

I ended up doing some Arena first. Adept LBG is awesome.
CB is.. changed. Can't even charge red shield properly from sword stance.
I need to try Aerial LBG. And bows. Ranged seems awesome this round.

Tarps

So how do I scout a second Palico? I've set my preferences, but when I select 'Start Scouting', all I get is a message saying 'Begin the search'. What do?

I think you need to complete a quest or two, then go back to the Meowstress and see what she found for you.

Kinsei

Banned
I finally got all of the shiny beetles I needed to make the proper Maccao set. I think I'll hold off on getting the two I need to upgrade my DB's for a few quests, those things are stupid rare right now.

Tarps

Holy crap, there's a lot to take in at the start. Did some weapon training, and mucked about with a few styles and arts. Now I'm doing a few basic prowler quests, and learning about felyne types and scouting. I'm a MH vet so I know it will all be second nature soon, but it must be hella daunting for a newcomer. Feels like every gathering quest comes with reams of text.

Holy crap, there's a lot to take in at the start. Did some weapon training, and mucked about with a few styles and arts. Now I'm doing a few basic prowler quests, and learning about felyne types and scouting. I'm a MH vet so I know it will all be second nature soon, but it must be hella daunting for a newcomer. Feels like every gathering quest comes with reams of text.

Yea the new cat systems must be horrible for new players.

colinp

Banned
Has anyone rocked a 3D Circle Pad Pro playing MH before? Is it worthwhile? I'm thinking of picking one up cheap for my 3DS XL.

Also, what monster is this from armor:

14248723741_713bf401fb_o.jpg

I'm having trouble finding an image of it from MHG (there's one on Nintendo's site) but it was the cover of Portable 3rd..

Rootbeer

Banned
*edit* nevermind i see you redeem it from within the theme shop! first time i've had a theme code

how do i redeem my pre-order code for this game?

got my code from best buy but the eshop is not accepting the code. it says it has to be entered in game? is that true? i can't find anywhere to enter a code.

Alric

Has anyone rocked a 3D Circle Pad Pro playing MH before? Is it worthwhile? I'm thinking of picking one up cheap for my 3DS XL.

I used a 3D Circle Pad Pro during my playthrough of MH3U. It was a little weird to get u sed to at first because the right pad is kind of far from the buttons, but I did get used to it after a while and found it better than the claw method or touchpad method.

Beats

Man, I don't remember low rank Gendrome being this aggressive. It was all over me lol.

You have to check the Hire tab above it. It'll be filled with Palicos that have the traits you set in the scout preferences. Not sure if it's instant or if you have to go on a quest and come back though.

colinp

Banned
Yukumo set, can be purchased.

http://monsterhunter.wikia.com/wiki/Yukumo_Armor_(Both)_(MH3U)

Who knows if it's in MHG.

I used a 3D Circle Pad Pro during my playthrough of MH3U. It was a little weird to get u sed to at first because the right pad is kind of far from the buttons, but I did get used to it after a while and found it better than the claw method or touchpad method.

Yeah it's in

Thank you!

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!

I played MH3U almost exclusively with a 3D Circle Pad Pro, but really the right stick ended up kind of useless as the L-trigger lock-snap is all you really ever need, I rarely ever bothered with the stick during hunts. Occasionally I did pan around with the right stick during certain gathering quests(oh and it was SUPER helpful for underwater swimming...no longer in the games tho).

Really though, the best use for the CPP was the added grip it offered for the 3DS itself. Probably worth it for extra comfort alone, and the stick is a nice side benefit, but not as necessary as newer players think.

Tarps

So did some basic quests as a prowler, and gathered like 99 stones, and 20 sap plants, cos why not they seem to be infinite.

Too good to be true, I finish quest, and they all disappear? I get that supply items are always returned, but I want my 99 stones dammit.

Anyway, don't be greedy and make the same mistake as me.

Vuze

So did some basic quests as a prowler, and gathered like 99 stones, and 20 sap plants, cos why not they seem to be infinite.

Too good to be true, I finish quest, and they all disappear? I get that supply items are always returned, but I want my 99 stones dammit.

Anyway, don't be greedy and make the same mistake as me.

Huh wut? Your items should be in the object box. Did you check there?
Also you can plant sap plants on the farm and get stones alongside which is a fantastic addition. Bomb material 24/7 heh

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Arghh my download keeps getting corrupted halfway through! I'm so desperate to get this working tonight I'm formatting my system memory just to give it another shot

PikkonX

So this is my first Monster Hunter since the PS2 beta for the very first game. Is there a good YouTube video for beginners that I should watch?

Kinsei

Banned
Just got my two copies!

Will likely just jump straight online.

Keep in mind that things like kitchen ingredients are gotten from the single player.

So this is my first Monster Hunter since the PS2 beta for the very first game. Is there a good YouTube video for beginners that I should watch?

You should read the manual first: http://game.capcom.com/manual/MH_Gen/en/

Here's a beginners guide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uhqg3LbYUU

Voidguts

quote for 2 UK theme codes; not 100% sure these work, but they definitely don't work on my USA console.

EDIT: both keys are taken!

Top Bottom