• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Debating between LS (since it's good again apparently) and hammer. How are they in this game? I didn't really enjoy hammer in MH4U, so if it's the same then I'll skip it. What styles work well with them?

I kinda hate that there's an option to use ZL and ZR for Hunter Arts 1 and 2, but not to use L and R for them. I've got one of those MH branded CPPs (with the right stick on the left index finger) and using R to run instead of ZR is super uncomfortable. But my only other option is to use the touch screen for Hunter Arts, and I'm not some kind of horrible monster so touching the touchscreen with my thumb is out of the question. *sigh*
Options > Page 3 > ZL/ZR Control Type > Type 1

Also Camera Angle Type 4 is the best one.

You guys are welcome. 😇

Luigi87

"Do you ever say to yourself 'wow I'm terrible, I'll never be able to take care of that monster?' well I know some people will just tell you to 'git gud,' but that's a terrible suggestion! Who even listens to those people anyway?"

I love Monster Hunter's translation team.

mitchlol

The basics of dual blades are that you want to go into demon mode (hit the R button) which greatly increases your attack power and changes your combos. While you are hitting a monster in demon mode you fill up your arch demon gauge which puts you into a pseudo demon mode so that you don;t have to deal with your stamina draining the entire fight. The key to dual blades is to keep our arch demon gauge full for almost the entire fight by going in and out of demon mode.

Striker style isn;t very good with DB since they really only get one useful art.

Guild is good. It's pretty much dual blades exactly as they were in 4U.

Aerial is really good for the smaller boss monsters. Stuff like Maccao, Gendrome, etc all melt when you use this style. The trade off is that you can't use your demon dance (X+A in demon mode) but it's not a big deal.

Adept is my personal favorite. With other weapons you have to run in after the dodge in order to counterattack but with DB's your dodge is the counter attack (if you're in demon or arch demon mode) and instead of a run afterwards you get two free dodges that don't consume stamina! The trade off for this is that you lose the slingshot jump off of ledges but you really don't need it if you're using adept.

Blood Wind is the only decent DB hunter art you'll have for a while. Keep that on there until you get Wolf's Maw which is the best DB hunter art. Wolf's Maw makes it so all of your attacks hit twice while it's active. The second hit only does 30% damage, but that's still huge.

Thanks for the info, I think I might use Adept it sounds great, how does the dodge work? do you mean the actual skill dodge or just rolling out of the way? I notice as I do damage I build up meter to use some dodge. If I use that it will do the counter attack?

gardfish

Urrrrghh I am seriously tempted to download this right now, but when I played 4U last year I got REALLY badly addicted to the point that it affected my schoolwork. I've been excited for this for a while, but I don't want to go down that road again.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks for the info, I think I might use Adept it sounds great, how does the dodge work? do you mean the actual skill dodge or just rolling out of the way? I notice as I do damage I build up meter to use some dodge. If I use that it will do the counter attack?
Just a regular dodge. It'll have a much more lenient window than dodging in other styles.
Personally I'm not a fan of the forced dashes afterwards on db though.

Kinsei

Banned

The dodge is just a regular dodge. You have to dodge into the attack and if your timing is right you'll counter attack. That meter is the arch demon meter. You have to either be in demon mode (the one that depletes your stamina) or in arch demon mode (fill up the meter) in order ot do the counter attack. If you're not in either of those modes then you'll dive through the attack while invincible and get the two stamina free dodges afterwards but you won't do any damage to the monster.

Urrrrghh I am seriously tempted to download this right now, but when I played 4U last year I got REALLY badly addicted to the point that it affected my schoolwork. I've been excited for this for a while, but I don't want to go down that road again.
damn dude I love MH but its never gotten that bad for me lol. How many hours did you clock into 4U?

Brannon

Understandable, but have you considered that slaying awesome monsters is more important than your everything else? Do not deny yourself this instant pleasure that you can have RIGHT NOW just because you have other responsibilities. Gathering rare mats. Teaming up with your buds. Eating the best pre-quest foods. Every time you fight a monster, that feeling... that's fun.

Now.

Let us forget this real world nonsense, and move on... to Monster Hunter.

Buy Monster Hunter. . . . . . . . Do Not

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
How long until we get to fight deviljho?
wkkLsPa.gif

Shengar

Over a thousand. Granted that was because I was playing it consistently until something like November or December, but still completely ridiculous.

The same thing almost happened like me. Clocked around 800hr, and gotta have to abandoned a class. But overall I still managed went through it just fine.

Khezu

In MH4U they had random drops of armors in the end game, ones that had alternate appearances.

Are those in X? Not how to get them, but just the alternate look?
I never got that far into MH4U because the entire thing sounded super unappealing, but from the gallerys, some of those armors were really neat looking.

In MH4U they had random drops of armors in the end game, ones that had alternate appearances.

Are those in X? Not how to get them, but just the alternate look?
I never got that far into MH4U because the entire thing sounded super unappealing, but from the gallerys, some of those armors were really neat looking.

Relic armors are what you're referring too. They
thanfully
arent back

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Is there a list of Key Quests up? Also, I am not a huge fan of the new combos on other styles. I like what I'm used to for a given weapon!

I have monster hunter 4, how do I get the extra stuff from having the game
Go to your house and talk to the Felyne.

Thank you!

When I switched weapons it said I could not use the same hunter art

Where do I select, choose, and get them from
Use the chest at your house to equip artes.

And from what I can tell, you have to complete certain quests (urgents?) to unlock more artes, and then talk to the master.

Posted a thread about this already, but have any of you folks had any issues with your copies not booting properly? I'll throw the cart in my 3DS, and I get the cute little menu animation and all, but when I actually select it, it never boots, just hangs at a black screen.

Anyone have any familiarity with this, or is my cart borked?

spiritfox

Posted a thread about this already, but have any of you folks had any issues with your copies not booting properly? I'll throw the cart in my 3DS, and I get the cute little menu animation and all, but when I actually select it, it never boots, just hangs at a black screen.

Anyone have any familiarity with this, or is my cart borked?

Sounds borked.

If you're in NA it should've had a screen after purchase saying it came with a theme code and a button that says "Use." Or you can check your receipt for the code.

I had it downloading while at work. Once I got home it finished but timed out the store before I got the code. I'll check my receipt. Thanks!

jorgejjvr

Had some connections problems at first I'll give it another try, sorry guys!

Nvm

Is anyone else experiencing connections lost?

Only put in a few hours so far.

Aerial Dual Blades is so much fun. Maccao set with that has been putting so much work in in the early village quests. such a blast.

Top Bottom