• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
My hands hurt :( I'm using a n3ds and after an hour I have pins and needles or cramps in my hands. It's worse on a long hunt when I'm tense about failing... What solution is there for me? I just want to use a proper controller :/

For me the solution was to ditch the xl.

Kard8p3

Oh man I feel dumb for asking this but how exactly do you proc arch demon mode? Does it just happen automatically after you fill the bar? It's been a hot minute since I used DB

Mugenjin

This thing has saved my life (hands).

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B013JDH8J0/?tag=neogaf0e-20

If you have the new 3ds XL, that is. They also make one for the n3ds. If you have an old one, get a circle pad pro.

This is exactly the one I ordered. For anyone looking into it do note that there are 2 versions: The first version with a red colored packaging has a slightly different grip than the second version with the blue packaging. There is a detailed comparison in the amazon reviews.

Gathering
Gathering
Gathering
Kill 5 small monsters
Gathering
Gathering
Kill 10 small monsters
Kill a big monster

What the fuck is wrong with quests in this entry. Shit's boring and tedious. I don't remeber 4 having this problem.

Blitzhex

Yo guys I don't get the quest system. Moga chief's son in yukumo gave me a quest to get him 10 raw meat, but he doesn't want it when I try to talk to him. Quest says to give it to "the trader". I have a couple other quests like this I can't complete.

Mugenjin

Yo guys I don't get the quest system. Moga chief's son in yukumo gave me a quest to get him 10 raw meat, but he doesn't want it when I try to talk to him. Quest says to give it to "the trader". I have a couple other quests like this I can't complete.

You turn these quests in by talking to the trader palico in the ranch or the one in your house since you can also access the trader from there. In the trader menu there should be an entry for villager requests.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
JebaćBiedę;210172344 said:
Gathering
Gathering
Gathering
Kill 5 small monsters
Gathering
Gathering
Kill 10 small monsters
Kill a big monster

What the fuck is wrong with quests in this entry. Shit's boring and tedious. I don't remeber 4 having this problem.

Yea, I am having this same concern. I assume the loss of free hunting necessitated more gathering quests (though why not just a single harvest tour?) but all the excess fat that usually bogs down MH quests feels exponentially worse here. I had issues with MH4U as well, but felt they were on a better progression track...this feels like a real step back to the old PSP days.

Much prefer the environments to 4U thus far though. Far less garish looking and more tonally consistent.

Blitzhex

You turn these quests in by talking to the trader palico in the ranch or the one in your house since you can also access the trader from there. In the trader menu there should be an entry for villager requests.

Ah, thanks a lot. I tend to skip over most of the npc text so I was sort of clueless there.

Tom_Cody

Gathering
Gathering
Gathering
Kill 5 small monsters
Gathering
Gathering
Kill 10 small monsters
Kill a big monster

I haven't seen "key quest" lists appear yet (I'm sure they're online somewhere), but in MH4U you only had to play specific quests to advance. In practice this meant that the gathering and small monster quests were almost entirely optional.

Gathering
Gathering
Gathering
Kill 5 small monsters
Gathering
Gathering
Kill 10 small monsters
Kill a big monster

it didnt after 2 star, it was consistently "fight/capture monster"

hunnies28

I must say. After ver much disliking prowlers in the demo. This mode is really good for gathering and such. I might just stick with it and switch back to hunter when I can afford better gear

Gathering
Gathering
Gathering
Kill 5 small monsters
Gathering
Gathering
Kill 10 small monsters
Kill a big monster

Feeling the same... Does it get better later on? I also don't remember 4U having this problem.

xviper

where do i find monster fluid ?? i know they are from insects but when i kill them they get cut in half and disappear and not giving me the option to search their bodies

Pheace

where do i find monster fluid ?? i know they are from insects but when i kill them they get cut in half and disappear and not giving me the option to search their bodies

Poisoning the insects usually works best, poison bomb or poison weapon. That or follow the ant ones till they fill themselves up then kill them, pretty sure that gave me monster fluid today though more often than not you'll get an exchange item

Beats

Most of the gathering quests and small monster quests are optional at the beginning.

2* Village you only need to do 4 quests to get the urgent. 2 are Large monster quests and the other 2 are small monster ones.

When I got to 3* there were a lot more large monster quests that opened up. But yeah there are a ton of gathering/small monster quests...lol.

Most of the gathering quests and small monster quests are optional at the beginning.

2* Village you only need to do 4 quests to get the urgent. 2 are Large monster quests and the other 2 are small monster ones.

When I got to 3* there were a lot more large monster quests that opened up. But yeah there are a ton of gathering/small monster quests...lol.

There are a bajillion of these crappy quests already in 2 star. Turns out I did nearly everything but the key quests. Needless to say I'm going to check what I do and don't need to do from now on.

Kinsei

Banned
Are we talking about the same game here? It takes me between 30-40 minutes per boss, using 20-30+ healing items, and I've only taken down the first four proper hunts. What build / equipment are you running????

Fve been using dual blades as my weapon, Blood Wind as my hunter art, and for style I used adept on Bulldrome and aerial on everything else. I also have a full set of Great Maccau armor equipped that increases the damage of my aerial attacks. Keep in mind that I've been playing Monster Hunter since Monster Hunter Freedom ( part of the first generation of games).

Kuro Madoushi

Unconfirmed Member
This was a game changer for me. Flat out refused to touch my 3DS due to discomfort until I got one.
Another plus for me. LOVE mine.
LOLOLOLOL. I got confused too. Talk to the cat in your house and select trader and deliver items there.

Also, fuck you Cappccom and your fucking fishing quests. Fuck the premium sushi fish. I made sushi fish bait, I kept leaving and returning, I kept just fishing...and I got fucking ONE! I rage quit out of that quest twice.

Kinsei

Banned
Another plus for me. LOVE mine.

LOLOLOLOL. I got confused too. Talk to the cat in your house and select trader and deliver items there.

Also, fuck you Cappccom and your fucking fishing quests. Fuck the premium sushi fish. I made sushi fish bait, I kept leaving and returning, I kept just fishing...and I got fucking ONE! I rage quit out of that quest twice.

The two star quest? That's for Sashimi, not sushi fish.

agc

Is there a way to change the text highlight color? Anything highlighted in red is completely unreadable to me and I have to either ask a friend or family member if any are nearby or just bypass the text completely.

Any suggestions on what Longswords to try and get to early on? And should I be starting on the Iron Katana Path or the Bone?

Also, how about armors? What are some good early armor sets to look forward to for LS users, and what skills benefit them? (fyi I'm probably going to mostly be doing Adept Style)

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
PSA: The "Super Sprouts" are in zone 3, near the palicoe's stolen stuff stash.

I haven't seen "key quest" lists appear yet (I'm sure they're online somewhere), but in MH4U you only had to play specific quests to advance. In practice this meant that the gathering and small monster quests were almost entirely optional.

Kiranico has the list.
It's really not that bad, once you have the list.

Volcynika

Any tips for how to do Aerial style for great sword? I heard it's pretty enjoyable, but I guess I'm not super sure how to approach it correctly.

Man, I loved MH3U and MH4U, but it's starting to really grate me that it takes 2 hours after starting before you can actually play the game.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Man, I loved MH3U and MH4U, but it's starting to really grate me that it takes 2 hours after starting before you can actually play the game.

Do the gathering hall, Arena especially.
It's far better than village, questwise.

my ISP has been trash all month and I can't even play this online with an stable connection FML

I guess I'll just do village quests...

Tusk

Tried googling and couldn't find anything, but is there a list of collabs for this game anywhere?

and is it known if any of them are gonna be JP exclusive?

Just found out about the Ushio to Tora one, and would be so disappointed if that doesn't get brought over

Kinsei

Banned
Do super sprouts respawn? I'm on the quest to deliver 10 of them and the only spot you can gather them from only gave me 8.

Cute-ass moofahs and this fly maccao set = goty 2016
WVW69jZzv1sYFggPRI

WVW69jZpTN8bzUNCPT

Maaaan, I was going into this all gung ho about going LS, but as soon as I get the game of course now I'm wondering if I should try Switch Axe

Never used either of these in a Monster Hunter before, so either one is going to be fun...

Maaaan, I was going into this all gung ho about going LS, but as soon as I get the game of course now I'm wondering if I should try Switch Axe

Never used either of these in a Monster Hunter before, so either one is going to be fun...

I'm looking at sns and switch axe this time around. Both look so neat in this version.

Raxious

I switched weapons and now I'm missing one of the arts? I can't seem to equip it at the master of styles.

I know one of the starting arts was that spinning attack which only works with the SnS, so might be that you're missing that one seeing as you're no longer using that weapon.

Sifl

So, if you're using the Hunting Horn is Maestro a necessary skill, or is it just something that's worth having?

Top Bottom