• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

sugarless

This started cropping up a bit in 4U as well but I'm feeling it even more this time around: There are too damn many account items now. Even with the field pouch helping out I'm running into a lot of "item pouch full" management issues any time I want to do some actual gathering and I feel like a lot of what's being picked up is just kind of there to take up space.

Have you tried using the cat at base camp? He will send a whole inventory's worth of items back to your storage box for you once per quest. I don't think you can return account items but at least you can send back the other stuff.

Iztli

I everyone :p First time that I've legit been hyped for a game. Been playing it on and off because damn errands and being sick.

There BujaBujaBu set made.:p

Is it only for the weapons? It does look a bit odd.
Say you have a weapon and you can level it up to unlock new weapons at level 3, 4 and 5 (with 5 being the rarest so it will be a while until you can finally forge it).

The problem is, I got my weapon to level 5 so that means I have already used a lot of mats just to get to level 5, but the new unlock at level 5 requires some ending boss drop and I'm just HR2. So what do I do here? I unlock the new weapon at level 3 because I already have all the mats for it. As a result, leveling up to level 5 was just a waste of time and materials, and you don't get compensated for it.

It's insane how this new upgrade system allows you to downgrade your weapons.

I really hope they go back to the traditional upgrade system. The last rare/myth drop we had in MH was Lantern+ in MH3, since then all the rare drops have become a lot easier to get (ticket trades, quest rewards, skills for luck and capture, better drop rates etc). No reason to complain about impossible drops anymore.

grimmiq

OK, I'm getting frustrated now.

I just did the first Urgent Mission, no problems there. The quest girl in the starting village now gives me 2* quests, but I figured I should stick with the 1* in the hub. Got 2 cats to help me, "Boot to the head" is complete so I go for the next one down, Tackling the Tetsucabra..It just keeps kicking my ass over and over..Is this the quest I should be working on next?

Pheace

I just did the first Urgent Mission, no problems there. The quest girl in the starting village now gives me 2* quests, but I figured I should stick with the 1* in the hub. Got 2 cats to help me, "Boot to the head" is complete so I go for the next one down, Tackling the Tetsucabra..It just keeps kicking my ass over and over..Is this the quest I should be working on next?

I highly suggest just backing off while it's enraged and to not reengage till it's done, that should make it a lot easier to handle. Be careful of his sidestep though

Hub quests are harder and meant to be played in multiplayer. You can solo if you want but it's better to wait until you get some good gear.

Kinsei

Banned

The Hunters Hub quests are the multiplayer quests. Since this is your first MH I would ignore them for now. You'll fight the Tetsucabra in the 3* quests in single player.

JKTrix

Have you tried using the cat at base camp? He will send a whole inventory's worth of items back to your storage box for you once per quest. I don't think you can return account items but at least you can send back the other stuff.
You can cash in account items at the red chest too

Kinsei

Banned
Is Hermitaur's shell back to being like it was in Freedom Unite where you had to use an impact weapon to destroy it? No matter how much I focus on it I just can't seem to destroy it with my dual blades.

Cindro

If I'm remembering correctly from the bit of time I put into 3U, hammers aren't the best weapons for solo, right? I seem to recall that not every monster part can be farmed with a hammer - that some have to be cut off with a blade weapon. Is this still true for Generations?

If I'm remembering correctly from the bit of time I put into 3U, hammers aren't the best weapons for solo, right? I seem to recall that not every monster part can be farmed with a hammer - that some have to be cut off with a blade weapon. Is this still true for Generations?
Yes, you can only cut tails with cutting weapons.

Hey guys, I had a few quick questions.

I haven't picked up the game yet (probably next week!) and me and my friend were trying to figure out if there's anything similar to the Wycoon/Food things where you have to do missions to increase the items you can get/food available before you go off hunting.

From what I've seen, lots of people were still doing gathering tours and haven't fought any monsters yet. Are there a lot of them in the main story/online or is it just people gathering stuff?

And lastly, are they giving anything away through DLC? I saw stuff like the Feylene outfits, but are they all available now or will they be rolled out in the monthly updates? What about like a starter pack thing with items?

Anteo

So there is a Yukumo sweetheart and a Yukumo gal huh

Hey guys, I had a few quick questions.

I haven't picked up the game yet (probably next week!) and me and my friend were trying to figure out if there's anything similar to the Wycoon/Food things where you have to do missions to increase the items you can get/food available before you go off hunting.

From what I've seen, lots of people were still doing gathering tours and haven't fought any monsters yet. Are there a lot of them in the main story/online or is it just people gathering stuff?

And lastly, are they giving anything away through DLC? I saw stuff like the Feylene outfits, but are they all available now or will they be rolled out in the monthly updates? What about like a starter pack thing with items?

Im at 2* now, a few of the gathering and slaying small monsters quests improve the food.

Beats

Checking Ping's Dex, there are 200 Village Quests
This can't be real right?
kill me

yeah. A lot of them are optional at least, but if you want to do everything then there's going to be a lot of gathering/small monster quests to do lol. :x

Shengar

yeah. A lot of them are optional at least, but if you want to do everything then there's going to be a lot of gathering/small monster quests to do lol. :x

Most of them are optionals and thankfully missions that improve ingredients are tagged as such. But still, it'll gonna make the completionist in me screaming internally.

Kade

Anyone else have issues claiming their Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate rewards? I went to the palico in the house and he only had the Starter Pack DLC I claimed but nothing else. Now the Claim items button is greyed out.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out. Had to go to New Game, then Claim Extras. Works even after you've made your character too.

ohlawd

63-1232-0884-3805

1 star non-keys only. we'll be doing all kinds of fun shit like deliver 20 unique mushrooms and slay 20 jaggi. come if you hate your life

edit: the fuck, it's full? I think they're all randoms. I'll put up a pass next time

63-1232-0884-3805

1 star non-keys only. we'll be doing all kinds of fun shit like deliver 20 unique mushrooms and slay 20 jaggi. come if you hate your life

edit: the fuck, it's full? I think they're all randoms. I'll put up a pass next time

fulll :(

Seems like the earliest green sharpness lance is a poison lance. Better than this petrified lance at least lol

Gotta hunt remobras though

ohlawd

k here

48-6878-2376-6136

1 star non-keys only. we'll be doing all kinds of fun shit like deliver 20 unique mushrooms and slay 20 jaggi. come if you hate your life. have a prowler too so we can do these garbage prowler-only quests >_>

I played the last MH game on 3DS for about 10 hours, liked it, but never stuck with it beyond that.

Picked this one up, feel like trying again. I never tried online multiplayer with the series, I think I should definitely give that a shot. Is MP something you can/should play right from the beginning?

The ending sequence...

3084558-3388272661-ice_c.gif

Yeah, how about we don't go there, so I don't have to bail out of this series. I guess that's the next logical step after felyne oversaturation though.

I played the last MH game on 3DS for about 10 hours, liked it, but never stuck with it beyond that.

Picked this one up, feel like trying again. I never tried online multiplayer with the series, I think I should definitely give that a shot. Is MP something you can/should play right from the beginning?

I personally recommend getting some people that are starting so you can upgrade your stuff with them. Since Generations beginning is to padded with gathering/small monsters quests which are pretty boring, you can fight large monsters right away online.

Do get the starter pack dlc to get some potions n shit since you are poor as fuck at the beginning.

Kinsei

Banned

I'd recommend beating the first two or three bosses in single player before hopping online just so that you have a good grasp on how to use your weapon of choice. You can totally just jump straight into the multiplayer if you want though.

Nope, didn't pop. Guess it's the ones with the flagship monsters that I need to do. Bleah.

It must be the Glavenus one (Tumultuous Sprouts) then since that's the only quest I've done that has one of the fated four in it.

Is it just me, or does this game run a lot worse than 4U? It definitely could just be my imagination, but I don't remember that game being so chunky and I played it somewhat recently.

Vuze

Is it just me, or does this game run a lot worse than 4U? It definitely could just be my imagination, but I don't remember that game being so chunky and I played it somewhat recently.
Yes, definitely if you played 4U on a New 3DS.
Gen is locked to 30fps (with dips on both platforms), lower FOV and doesn't provide any major benefits on a New 3DS console at all unlike 4U.

wuth

Yes, definitely if you played 4U on a New 3DS.
Gen is locked to 30fps (with dips on both platforms), lower FOV and doesn't provide any major benefits on a New 3DS console at all unlike 4U.

I can only hope this is because they're already working on MH5 for the next nintendo system.

Yep it's not as smooth as 4U. I imagine all these fancy effects have a price.
IMO it doesn't spoil the experience though.
I chose to turn 3D off in the options. Gen 3D is garbage.

Vibed

Haven't played a ton so far, but because of the technical downgrades compared to MH4U, I feel like I'm constantly reminded I should just go back to that.

Besides that, the game is fun and has some neat changes.

Top Bottom