• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Looking for ways to save some space on my touchscreen, so I can get my top screen free of any HUD elements.

Is there a way of assigning the target camera to a monster without utilizing the touchscreen?
It was possible in 3U by double tapping the L button (I think), but it doesn't seem to work in this game.

Also, since all three Hunter Arts can be activated by using buttons, is there a way of telling when which HA is ready for use without having them placed on your touchscreen?

Salaadin

Just hit rank 2 in single player and feel discouraged by all these supply quests. I don't remember MH4U being like this. 5 hours in, I want to kill lots of big stuff now.

Kinsei

Banned
Just hit rank 2 in single player and feel discouraged by all these supply quests. I don't remember MH4U being like this. 5 hours in, I want to kill lots of big stuff now.

There's a ton in 3* too. They really went with quantity over quality so they could say that this game has the most quests out of any MH game.

Shengar

Try prowler mode for supply quest. The palicoes have unlimited stamina that allows them for quick traversal around the map much faster than the hunter.

Beats

I think my favorite new monster so far is Mizutsune. The theme and their attacks are really cool. Encountered it in a Bulldrome quest but it took a long time to kill though. I'm not even sure if I was supposed to fight it lol.

Fistwell

How far in advance can you pre-tranq anyways? In 4U I was always doing it like 5-10 seconds before, but I imagine you could do it earlier.
Not sure, I've done it too early but dont recall the specific time. It's not much more than those 5-10s I think.

I think my favorite new monster so far is Mizutsune. The theme and their attacks are really cool. Encountered it in a Bulldrome quest but it took a long time to kill though. I'm not even sure if I was supposed to fight it lol.
Yeah he's fun to hunt. I don't think you're supposed to go after him on that bulldrome hunt. His set and his LS look pretty cool.

R0ckman

Will the Palico play help me harvest things like bnahabra wings, shells easier? Otherwise I guess I'll be stocking up on tons of poison bombs...

LFG

Neophyte
Does this game play fine on the 2ds? I've never owned a 3ds and considering picking up the 2ds because it's cheap.

delume

Jesus this game has systems upon systems to try and decipher as a new hunter. Currently rocking longsword with guild style and I have hit my first skill check/get good Monster Hunter moment. Cephadrome is all over me. Should I be looking to employ more equipment (like traps and bombs), upgrade my gear or just learn to wrestle with these controls a bit more? Really enjoying my time with it even though it feels like a game designed to be intentionally unwelcoming. :)

Kinsei

Banned
Jesus this game has systems upon systems to try and decipher as a new hunter. Currently rocking longsword with guild style and I have hit my first skill check/get good Monster Hunter moment. Cephadrome is all over me. Should I be looking to employ more equipment (like traps and bombs), upgrade my gear or just learn to wrestle with these controls a bit more? Really enjoying my time with it even though it feels like a game designed to be intentionally unwelcoming. :)

When it's swimming in the sand use a sonic bomb to stun it.

Khezu

Outside of the Raths and maybe Kut Ku, all the gen 1/2 monsters really need to be retired...forever.

Like there is no good reason to have Cephadrome in this game.
No one gives a shit about Cephadrome.

There are a bunch of way cooler monsters that got cut, and we got Cephadrome

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Ended up soloing nakarkos since I didn't want to fight it 4 times with flaky pubs. Easily the weirdest MH monster yet, totally different atmosphere than the others.

Going to farm high rank kutku for a bit to try and get monster keenbones. If anyone wants to join in, let me know.

Kinsei

Banned
Outside of the Raths and maybe Kut Ku, all the gen 1/2 monsters really need to be retired...forever.

Like there is no good reason to have Cephadrome in this game.
No one gives a shit about Cephadrome.

There are a bunch of way cooler monsters that got cut, and we got Cephadrome

Garuga, Blangonga, Tigrex, Nargacuga, Lavasioth, Rajang, Khezu, Hermitaur, Ceanataur, Hypnocatrice, Kushala Daora, Lunastra, Teostra, and Kirin are all fun to fight though.

I keep getting grouped up with people who take all the supplies from the beginning box, leaving none for others. It's happened like 4 times in a row. I don't know if it's people that are being dicks or maybe they think the box at the beginning is just stuff for them?

A combination of all three to be honest.

You are eating before quests right? Aim for Health and Defense bonuses.

And yeah you can throw sonic bombs at Cephadrome when it's swimming under the sand. But if it's enraged it won't work. Try to use one right at the beginning of the fight.

delume

A combination of all three to be honest.

You are eating before quests right? Aim for Health and Defense bonuses.

And yeah you can throw sonic bombs at Cephadrome when it's swimming under the sand. But if it's enraged it won't work. Try to use one right in the beginning of the fight.

Eating? That's right, I remember talking to the chef at the beginning of the game but didn't want to use my meal ticket (which I have never gotten a second one.) I will definitely try it out. Game keeps giving. Thanks Sammy.

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks! So are there, in a more general sense, monsters that require certain items to be defeated? Or is it like Dark Souls where, with enough skill, a naked run is possible?

Naked runs are possible. I fact if this is like past games than some future event quest(s) will require you to play with no armor.

Eating? That's right, I remember talking to the chef at the beginning of the game but didn't want to use my meal ticket (which I have never gotten a second one.) I will definitely try it out. Game keeps giving. Thanks Sammy.

The vouchers are only if you want all of the meal ingredients to be fresh which doesn't matter until you get much further into the game and they stop giving you rations. A meal only costs 50 zenny.

You can pay with money and the tickets aren't rare, you get more after every 15 meals or so.

You don't really have to understand how meals work right now but eating before every quest is very important, whatever bonus you get is still a bonus, lol.

Good luck!

My least favorite thing about the early game outside of all the fetch quests is dealing with a lack of sharpness. I can't describe how enraged I get when I get a nice opening and because I was a millimeter off I double bounce off the monster and they get up again. Come to me purple/white sharpness.

delume

Sweet, sweet victory! Eating + Crafting new armour and weapons = Easy Mode enabled. Thanks gang! If you are reading this and have never played Monster Hunter before give it a shot. It is a genuine thing.

Kard8p3

My least favorite thing about the early game outside of all the fetch quests is dealing with a lack of sharpness. I can't describe how enraged I get when I get a nice opening and because I was a millimeter off I double bounce off the monster and they get up again. Come to me purple/white sharpness.

This is especially depressing for the starting DB lmao.

edit: I also want to say pls give me Barioth

Kinsei

Banned
I made a pair of ice dual blades that are just a pair of mittens. They are inferior to the Lagombi DBs in every way and honestly even if I didn't have another pair of ice DBs they still wouldn't be any good but I'm going to use them anyway. I shall punch things to death while wearing cute fluffy mittens.

Top Bottom