• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Mupod

do I need to do anything special to unlock the village advanced quests (solo high rank monsters with singleplayer HP)? I've got a few of them, but I'm kinda hoping a bunch will just unlock after I bump off squiddy and unlock my HR.

Mupod

I made LR Rathalos armor which has -10 thunder. Can I use a gem to make that less, or do those values not work the same way armor skills do?

Thanks!

There's resistances, and resistance armor skills.

Resistances are just values on your armor that determine how weak or strong you are to that element, if you have high resistance you gain blight resist for that element too.

Resistance armor skills, the kind you gain from gems, add flat values to the resistance stat on an armor.

So for example, I'm wearing armor with 10 fire resistance. I gem in 10 points of the fire resist sill, the skill activates like any other armor skill and now I gain an additional +15 fire resist bringing me to 25. Likewise if you end up with negative 10 points, the negative version of the skill activates and you lose 20 points bringing you to -10.

It might be confusing but attack and defense work the same way. Gemming in 8 points of the defense armor skill does nothing, 10 points adds a certain amount defense to the stat.

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
LOL silverwind 7 has a bunch of news moves, does he keep these for 8/9/10?
Yup, gets buffed again at 9 and 10 as well. Hope you're not planning to solo 10 because if you don't kill the first silverwind in 6-7 minutes, a second one drops in and you'll have to fight 2 at once in an arena.

There's resistances, and resistance armor skills.

Resistances are just values on your armor that determine how weak or strong you are to that element, if you have high resistance you gain blight resist for that element too.

Resistance armor skills, the kind you gain from gems, add flat values to the resistance stat on an armor.

So for example, I'm wearing armor with 10 fire resistance. I gem in 10 points of the fire resist sill, the skill activates like any other armor skill and now I gain an additional +15 fire resist bringing me to 25. Likewise if you end up with negative 10 points, the negative version of the skill activates and you lose 20 points bringing you to -10.

It might be confusing but attack and defense work the same way. Gemming in 8 points of the defense armor skill does nothing, 10 points adds a certain amount defense to the stat.

Thanks for the explanation! I guess if I'm really worried about it for a specific fight, I can eat for to improve that resistance, too right?

Yup, gets buffed again at 9 and 10 as well. Hope you're not planning to solo 10 because if you don't kill the first silverwind in 6-7 minutes, a second one drops in and you'll have to fight 2 at once in an arena.

Wow so 10 sounds fun c:
Whats that palico skill that lets you know when you can capture a monster?

Anyway 7 down, he spent like 10 minutes making me walk between 4 and 10 c:

WVW69jdEyQ0vfG5Js9

jorgejjvr

It's worth a shot. There are a couple of 4★ Nargacuga Village quests which might help. But it's weird since neither Kiranico nor the Wiki doesn't list any unlock requirements for the Hub one. I'll have to check my 3DS in a few hours when I get home to see if it might've been part of some request chain.
Thank you!

Comandr

So when melding charms. Do the skills and slots make a difference or is it just a random timeworn talisman?

AFAIK it's completely random. Trade a couple crappy ones for maybe a good one.

Now farming Hellblade Glavenus if anyone wants in.

10-2908-1827-4191

seantos

Neo Member
Does anyone know how/when weapons show up in the list to forge? A friend and I have both beaten all the same quests in online and I am able to make the kut ku dual blades while he isn't. We beat the kut ku in online. I beat a few more village quests than he has but I didn't think the ability to forge a weapon was tied to offline. Any ideas?

Juraash

Does anyone know howwhen weapons show up in the list to forge? A friend and I have both beaten all the same quests in online and I am able to make the kut ku dual blades while he isn't. We beat the kut ku in online. I beat a few more village quests than he has but I didn't think the ability to forge a weapon was tied to offline. Any ideas?

Typically, specific monster parts will trigger items to show up at the smithy. So it's likely he just didn't get the drop that triggers it to show up.

tuffy

Thank you!
Ok, looks like Nargacuga Throwdown was originally a Pokke Sweetheart request, who seems to hang out pretty close to your item box in Pokke. So if the quest isn't showing up, one solution might be to try to complete other Pokke Village requests that might be pending. I hope that helps!

Airan

What's the Tanzia Chip/Mosswine Snack equivalent in MHG? Where you eat the item and your red health gets instantly restored?

VandalD

Anyone wanna play w/ a couple rank 2s doing key quests? Room code is 26-1263-6271-0101
Sorry if it was feeling too easy. Monsters tend to die really fast in low rank. I was going to use some weapons I haven't used much, but I kept getting staggered by shots. When I switched to bow, I was enjoying seeing monsters getting shot by three gunners.

georly

Sorry if it was feeling too easy. Monsters tend to die really fast in low rank. I was going to use some weapons I haven't used much, but I kept getting staggered by shots. When I switched to bow, I was enjoying seeing monsters getting shot by three gunners.

Haha that was you! Thanks a ton. I hit rank 3 just before you got in and I was just helping them out (though they were taking their sweet time picking quests!)

Anyway, I really appreciate the help.

And was I the one staggering you? I'm new to bow so I'm not entirely familiar with playing it multiplayer. I'm sorry if i was :( I need to be more careful then.

VandalD

Haha that was you! Thanks a ton. I hit rank 3 just before you got in and I was just helping them out (though they were taking their sweet time picking quests!)

Anyway, I really appreciate the help.

And was I the one staggering you? I'm new to bow so I'm not entirely familiar with playing it multiplayer. I'm sorry if i was :( I need to be more careful then.
Oh I see. Always happy to help. I figured you might be ditching! I wouldn't have blamed you for doing that, though it's been pretty true for me that any four hunters make really short work of low rank stuff.

I'm not really sure if you were the one staggering me. It was hard for me to be mindful of that and also try using a weapon I'm not really familiar with. It almost felt like the gunner was using pellet shots at times. But like I said, it was kind of great seeing a monster getting shot from three different directions, and all the hunts worked out. Also, it's probably fair to add that with me using a weapon I don't know as well, I could've been placing myself in the line of fire.

georly

Oh I see. Always happy to help. I figured you might be ditching! I wouldn't have blamed you for doing that, though it's been pretty true for me that any four hunters make really short work of low rank stuff.

I'm not really sure if you were the one staggering me. It was hard for me to be mindful of that and also try using a weapon I'm not really familiar with. It almost felt like the gunner was using pellet shots at times. But like I said, it was kind of great seeing a monster getting shot from three different directions, and all the hunts worked out. Also, it's probably fair to add that with me using a weapon I don't know as well, I could've been placing myself in the line of fire.

I guess I was just unaware the bow would even stagger other people. The thought never crossed my mind. I think I tried to avoid shooting people though I'm not entirely sure I was mindful of it.

Anyway, thanks for the help. I never mind being power leveled, but I understand some people do, haha.

ohlawd

farming Drilltusk Tetsucabra. gotta do lvl 10 two times then I'll do each rank 2-3 times downward

08-6114-8609-4590

feel free to drop by

edit: rank 9 now

jonjonaug

So I did Silverwind a bunch of times today, and do you really need to hunt the Deviant monsters 30 times to fully upgrade their armor sets?

Kinsei

Banned
So I did Silverwind a bunch of times today, and do you really need to hunt the Deviant monsters 30 times to fully upgrade their armor sets?

No. You can get lucky and get tickets from a lower level. For example if you kill a level 8 Silverwind then you can get level 1-7 tickets alongside your guaranteed two level 8 tickets.

Scher

Got a room up, preferrably for people who can at least participate in HR7 quests. Trying to unlock hunter arts, do village quests, and fight hyper monsters.

45-4751-9040-1581

Pass: 2580

Pejo

Anybody sharing godcat prowlers at the moment? I'd love the boomerang fighting one and the trapper support one if anyone's got them.

Xion_Stellar

People should stop referencing data that makes me feel uncomfortable because games get ported to platforms I don't like
I been taking my time with this game because there's no G Rank in this game but I'm enjoying everything so far.

Online I'm still HR3 and offline after doing every quest I just beat Glavenus and the following cutscene caught me off guard so right now I'm just watching the credits.

Top Bottom