• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Me: "This Malfestio Set should hold me over until HR"
*smash cut to me farming Astalos so i can look like a glowing monster energy can*

This has been me for the past two days. So far have the full Astalos set, Hammer, GS, and DB.

Dammit Astalos, why is literally all of your equipment so awesome?

I stand corrected! :)

Even so, rather than use fencing to keep hitting parts you are bouncing off, you are usually better focusing your efforts elsewhere. If you really need that heavily armoured location busted, bring a hammer rather than a lance is my general theory.
Or join the SA club and never bounce again.

Tom_Cody

I just got to village 5 and none of the quest for the flagship monsters are showing up. Does anyone know what conditions I have to fulfil to get them? Kiranico doesn't show any prerequisite quests.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So where can I get Monster Fluid??

E: Also, I am looking to build a Lance and SnS setup. Anyone maiming those this time around want to give me some tips and early armor suggestions? I'm rockin BuJa set with GS and it's been good.

Renewed

I tend to play with a friend in another discord server but I'd also recommend the GAF MonHun discord.

Also my hunt for Garuga shells continues

Anyone know some good High Rank sets for Long Sword? I'm actually trying to learn a different weapon other than Great Sword for once, lmao.

Beats

For some reason I thought it'd be harder to get the Sword Saint and Barrage Earring, but the time required to get A rank in every arena quest is fairly lenient. Just need to get through all these Village quests now to get the Hayabusa Feather.

Do you get anything for S-rank in all the arena quests?

Kinsei

Banned
For some reason I thought it'd be harder to get the Sword Saint and Barrage Earring, but the time required to get A rank in every arena quest is fairly lenient. Just need to get through all these Village quests now to get the Hayabusa Feather.

Do you get anything for S-rank in all the arena quests?

You get a guild card award.

So this happened:

player: are you doing desert brawlers?
me: no, why is everyone doing this quest?
player: coal quest
me: ah farm charm?
another player: no hack

Anyone care to explain what hack?

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
So this happened:

The way people run the quest itself makes use of a glitch so that you only need to collect 12 coal instead of 24, maybe he's just being dumb and referring to that.

Mupod

loving this Shagaru Magala HBG. Triblast is like rapid fire Crag, and it gives you enough to KO just about anything. It also sieges normal 2, pierce 2 and some other stuff. And Dragon S!

Boney

Banned
loving this Shagaru Magala HBG. Triblast is like rapid fire Crag, and it gives you enough to KO just about anything. It also sieges normal 2, pierce 2 and some other stuff. And Dragon S!
I really like the internal ammo idea. Gives guns more personality, makes handling guns easier since you're partly covered with some ammo and you still have your rapid/crouching fire shots from usual.
I found one that has pierce flame shot lvl2, cluster shot, force shot 1 and devil and armor shots. So good.

So this happened:

Prolly refer to custom quest, it saves time but still depend on RNG to get a good talisman.

So this happened:

Desert brawlers unlocks Coal Hearted, which is a great charm farming quest. Look up mhgen charm farm on Google. Ghunter also has a good video on it.

javadoze

Is it just me, or do the village quests this time around come off a bit lackluster?

4-star quests: "Hunt these monsters. Good. Now hunt them again."

5-star quests: "Remember those 3-star and 4-star monsters? Hunt multiples of them! You like Nibelsnarf? HUNT 3 OF THEM!"

"...There's also Uragaan, Lagiacrus, Rathalos, and 3 of the Fated Four available, but who'd want to hunt those?"

Juraash

Is it just me, or do the village quests this time around come off a bit lackluster?

4-star quests: "Hunt these monsters. Good. Now hunt them again."

5-star quests: "Remember those 3-star and 4-star monsters? Hunt multiples of them! You like Nibelsnarf? HUNT 3 OF THEM!"

"...There's also Uragaan, Lagiacrus, Rathalos, and 3 of the Fated Four available, but who'd want to hunt those?"

Village suckssss this time around. Don't think it's just you.

CTLance

Man, Gammoth is just sad, at least in 4* Village. Wanted to catch it, but it dropped dead before I could even get it to limp. Poor thing. Well, I guess there's a reason why Mammoths are extinct.

In very related news: LR Ceanataur set, I love you.
Even though it forces me to use Gaiarch because it's my only hammer with two slots right now - I need that for Critical Eye +3. My luck with charms has been terrible so far.

Boney

Banned
Man, Gammoth is just sad, at least in 4* Village. Wanted to catch it, but it dropped dead before I could even get it to limp. Poor thing. Well, I guess there's a reason why Mammoths are extinct.

In very related news: LR Ceanataur set, I love you.
Even though it forces me to use Gaiarch because it's my only hammer with two slots right now - I need that for Critical Eye +3. My luck with charms has been terrible so far.
Try mixing something from Narga or something like LR Jaggi boots that have 3 slots.

Man, it's so hard to sever tails from tall/nimble monsters with the GL :(. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I can do Nargacuga and Mizutsune just fine, but Brachydios is a nightmare and I didn't get anywhere close to Shagaru Magala before it died. Haven't tried other monsters yet.

cheesekao

Man, it's so hard to sever tails from tall/nimble monsters with the GL :(. I feel like I'm doing something wrong. I can do Nargacuga and Mizutsune just fine, but Brachydios is a nightmare and I didn't get anywhere close to Shagaru Magala before it died. Haven't tried other monsters yet.
Shaggy should be easy since its tail is so close to the ground. If I want to cut tails I usually go for aerial style.

Shaggy should be easy since its tail is so close to the ground. If I want to cut tails I usually go for aerial style.
Yeah, I was thinking of going to Aerial Style, but in my round of style experimenting, I found that the forward roll messed me up a lot when I tried to side dodge + reload (I also like the slam, but more often than not it seems I miss with it, anyway). Still trying to learn the weapon, but I'll keep at it.

CTLance

Try mixing something from Narga or something like LR Jaggi boots that have 3 slots.
What, and look like a homeless bum? Nevar! I hunt in style!

Well, as much style as a crab suit allows, anyway.

(Will look into that. Thanks for the suggestion. I will tackle the Narga set next, so that's convenient.)

cheesekao

Yeah, I was thinking of going to Aerial Style, but in my round of style experimenting, I found that the forward roll messed me up a lot when I tried to side dodge + reload (I also like the slam, but more often than not it seems I miss with it, anyway). Still trying to learn the weapon, but I'll keep at it.
You'll get used to it. I actually found the forward jump to be a really good mobility tool since it's faster than walking and I sometimes don't have to sheathe my weapon just to get to the monster.

ChrisD

What, and look like a homeless bum? Nevar! I hunt in style!

Well, as much style as a crab suit allows, anyway.

(Will look into that. Thanks for the suggestion. I will tackle the Narga set next, so that's convenient.)

Narga's set is sweeeet. And I had a good Expert Charm, so I also have Expert +3 from it, it is really nice having it! Though I think you can get +2 with nothing but the armor and utilizing all the slots in it.

I don't like Aerial's hop unless I have Evade Extender. Then it's fun to just hop around all day long. :)

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
Okay now that I've settled into maining GS and Glaive I'm having a blast. Glaive is awesome for when I want to fight at high speed and manage a bunch of stuff, GS is awesome for feeling more deliberate and more "classic"

Did we really need two Hermataur variants? Seriously? They couldn't give us, I dunno, Glacial Agnaktor or literally anything else?

Top Bottom