• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Hunter Generations |OT| Generation X

redcrayon

What OHKO move?
There's a wave attack- it might not be OHKO but it took out three of us at high health instantly! Maybe our armour/resistance was too low or something, but I've got a defence of 650.

Edit: looks like it was either a tornado or a water attack according to monster hunter wiki, I've got a water resistance of 0 but it hit like a ton of bricks. Not sure what the tornadoes would count as. It all happened really fast- I didn't even see the attacks as I was beneath the monster and it's huge.

One of its most dangerous attacks is when it creates a small twister that begins to suck in the hunter, then hits them hard with a tornado-shrouded charge. Even if the first main twister is avoided, it will revolve around the second twister, encompassing a wider area with every revolution. If the hunter is close enough when hit, it will cause him/her to fly back into the twister. The second twister will remain on the field for several seconds before disappearing and can still damage the hunter.

When weakened enough, Amatsu uses its other most powerful move: it flies high into the air and uses three massive water beams. The attack consists of two parts; the beams themselves will strike the ground, and then the areas where the ground was struck explode with water.

cheesekao

There's a wave attack- it might not be OHKO but it took out three of us at high health instantly! Maybe our armour/resistance was too low or something, but I've got a defence of 650.

Edit: looks like it was a water attack according to monster hunter wiki, I've got a water resistance of 0 but it hit like a ton of bricks.
The water attack will not one hit KO you with your defense let alone all three hunters at once even if you all don't have full HP. The tornado move is the instant killer since it sucks in every hunter on the map to a single point.

redcrayon

The water attack will not one hit KO you with your defense let alone all three hunters at once even if you all don't have full HP. The tornado move is the instant killer since it sucks in every hunter on the map to a single point.
What does the tornado count against? Is it multiple hits vs my armour? Presumably running away and dodging helps, but can it be blocked?

I think the main problem was that I couldn't see it coming from where I was standing, will change tactics to keep an eye on its face next time.

cheesekao

What does the tornado count against? Is it multiple hits vs my armour? Presumably running away and dodging helps, but can it be blocked?
It's a single hit that kills anyone that's in the centre. There are time where you can get lucky but you'll still have a big chunk of your health taken off. When it sucks you in, conserve your stamina for a bit and start running once the suction power of his tornado gets really strong. That means that he's about the attack. When he stops the suction tornado to attack, you will be able to see your character move for a split second(when his suction is at its peak, you're pretty much running on the spot). That's your time to superman dive.

Alternatively, if you are close to a ballista and have ammo, you can enter it and not be affected by the move at all.

redcrayon

It's a single hit that kills anyone that's in the centre. When it sucks you in, conserve your stamina for a bit and start running once the suction power of his tornado gets really strong. That means that he's about the attack. When he stops the suction tornado to attack, you will be able to see your character move for a split second(when his suction is at its peak, you're pretty much running on the spot). That's your time to superman dive.
Lovely, thanks for that! I hear my old pal
Alatreon is knocking around somewhere too, looking forward to that rematch.

Beats

Cannon is terribad with the ammo distribution and the average recoil. I'm not sure how much dazzling shot does but it seems powerful enough but you can only load it one at a time. The load art doesn't load rapid fire so you don't get to load the shots that matter that way (unless level 3 does).
I have my samus with elemental and and fire resistance added but it doesnt really work and gonna have to change into something else.

Is dazzling electric? You'd figure that they'd make a bigger deal about ice shots too since metroid and everything but if it's thunder, you get a nice boost from those two and rapid fire lightning lvl 1.

I've only really used the rapid fire and piercing thunder shots so the average recoil isn't really a problem. I did add the silencer to drop it down to "Some" which makes the piercing thunder shots feel better. Dazzling doesn't have an element but it's about 3x stronger than a normal 2 shot iirc. Not saying the gun is amazing or anything, but you can still do some decent damage with the rapid fire thunder and dazzling shots.

Boney

Banned
I'm still miffed you can't use the binder against whirlwind god when he's spinning around

I've only really used the rapid fire and piercing thunder shots so the average recoil isn't really a problem. I did add the silencer to drop it down to "Some" which makes the piercing thunder shots feel better. Dazzling doesn't have an element but it's about 3x stronger than a normal 2 shot iirc. Not saying the gun is amazing or anything, but you can still do some decent damage with the rapid fire thunder and dazzling shots.
Silencer is so ugly doooe

Shengar

I think I did about 20 hyper monster quests today, lol.

Found a really good team, lots of fun!

You know you found a good random team when you feel sadness when the room about to be disbanded.

Randoms could be the worst assholes. But the best of them can give you the most fantastic hunt ever.

Does anyone have advice for Aerial Dual Blades? I have late LR equipment and I'm doing keys for the Hub. I feel like I'm just smashing through right now, but I'd like to practice playing better for when it gets tougher.

Edit: Who do I buy the special permits from? I beat the Lagombi HR1 mission, but I can't find someone to buy permits from to attempt Snowbaron.

Go to the Trader at Palico Ranch (I think you can also access it through the housekeeper) and go to special permits.

I can get them through the cat at the hub prep area, thanks! For some reason I can't purchase one yet. I'll keep checking. Maybe I need to be HR2 or 3 or something.

Edit: Yep, just need to be HR2.

tm24

Man, built an aerial GS set to have some fun. Got Airborne, Mounting Master, Crit up and crit ±1 along with the narga sword. Will be a nice stop gap til i can rock the black s set

ohlawd

Are you getting blue or red check marks?
red. I'd take a shot using Miiverse but playing online

eyTpIQH.jpg

Spent most of the day blasting through the remaining low rank guild quests and boy that Nakarkos chap was underwhelming, this series doesn't have a great track record with the bigger and more gimmicky foes.

Syril

Does anyone have advice for Aerial Dual Blades? I have late LR equipment and I'm doing keys for the Hub. I feel like I'm just smashing through right now, but I'd like to practice playing better for when it gets tougher.
I usually end up looking for openings to use the demon mode aerial attack since it does so many hits. I've started to take Absolute Evasion as my art with it to have a defensive option for when the demon mode attacks leave me without stamina to evade.

NCR Redslayer

NeoGAF's Vegeta
Spent most of the day blasting through the remaining low rank guild quests and boy that Nakarkos chap was underwhelming, this series doesn't have a great track record with the bigger and more gimmicky foes.
Dalamadur was when fighting giant monsters started to wane. Jhen mohran and Ceadeus(ex) are still my top because the boat fight is cool and Ceadeus has a vortex blast with great music.

Dalamadur was when fighting giant monsters started to wane. Jhen mohran and Ceadeus(ex) are still my top because the boat fight is cool and Ceadeus has a vortex blast with great music.

Jhen is the only one I think I'd class as being genuinely pretty great.
Maybe give Dire Miralis an honourable mention...maybe.

Wanderer5

Meh Gogmazios was pretty cool in 4U. Better than Dalamadur.<.<

Kinsei

Banned
Meh Gogmazios was pretty cool in 4U. Better than Dalamadur.<.<

It's a big meat sac with only one dangerous move (that you learn how to dodge pretty quickly) that you beat on for 40 minutes. I wouldn't call that cool.

I wish they'd stop making giant monsters and completely cut the old ones from the series. They're an unfun waste of time.

Wanderer5

It's a big meat sac with only one dangerous move (that you learn how to dodge pretty quickly) that you beat on for 40 minutes. I wouldn't call that cool.

I wish they'd stop making giant monsters and completely cut the old ones from the series. They're an unfun waste of time.

40 mins lol. I never saw the fight go that long.

I don't know, he seem pretty active in attacks and such, and I like the whole setup with the area you fight him in. He was a giant monster that I was willing to fight multiple times (made his pretty cool looking blademaster armor, but too bad his weapon set was a bit lame).

Kinsei

Banned
40 mins lol. I never saw the fight go that long.

I don't know, he seem pretty active in attacks and such, and I like the whole setup with the area you fight him in. He was a giant monster that I was willing to fight multiple times (made his pretty cool looking blademaster armor, but too bad his weapon set was a bit lame).

I'm talking solo times. It's a huge damage sponge if you don't fight it with other people.

CPCunha

Can anyone help me through 3* keys?

57-9520-7170-7547
pass is 0708

i just want to finish this fast so i can play high rank tomorrow since i wont have internet....

Wanderer5

Hunting Horn.<3 I trying aerial HH and it is so fun!

While I still planning on working on Teostra HH, I decided to look at the Obsidian Horn which leads to Relic Horn that Gaijin Hunter talk about in his top 5 horns. Whew already at purple notes along with Attack, Def, and Health L with the first upgrade! Running it with Narga armor for now for the evade distance.

Who is interested in bug parts? (have to poison them)

I have a room up right now. Search for Objective Insect Catching and you will find me, lol.

I'm doing the 50 Vespoid quest. Then we can have some real fun. :)

Edit: nevermind, done.

Top Bottom