• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Tried Mars on Savage again this time with a shield breaker. I failed early on because of my shield breaker being super low level, but holy shit was it awesome. Shield breaker is incredible and I will be leveling my various elements of shield breaker for savage tier stuff.

Ashodin

Tried Mars on Savage again this time with a shield breaker. I failed early on because of my shield breaker being super low level, but holy shit was it awesome. Shield breaker is incredible and I will be leveling my various elements of shield breaker for savage tier stuff.
What does it do?

Ducarmel

Yeah now that I'm understanding the skills better I kind of regret feeding away a lot of the 4 stars I puled (only kept the highest rated of each color) even if most of them would not make D tier list I bet a lot of them had skills my Striker does not have and would be useful for certain situations when I do solo runs.

I somehow managed to pull a second Zeus. Should I just not bother doing rare pulls anymore and stockpile stones?

Current 5*s:

Zeus x2
Wildcat
Nanami
Lancelot

J0dy77

Getting a bit bored with this, ended up dumping all my stones hoping for a Zeus/Arthur luck. Does the gameplay get any deeper at some point? I'm probably still pretty early on and may be missing some key gameplay mechanics.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Getting a bit bored with this, ended up dumping all my stones hoping for a Zeus/Arthur luck. Does the gameplay get any deeper at some point? I'm probably still pretty early on and may be missing some key gameplay mechanics.

At this point everything available is early-game.
People are trying for good rolls and setting up farming monsters to get ready for mid-game updates.

Draxal

Walls/Gravity barriers punish reckless gameplay. Also, evolved forms of Arthur and others reward careful positioning (Arthur's lasers turns from a vertical up and down, to just up so you want to have her on the bottom at all times).

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Just broke a shield with my special for 24mil, hahaha. I love that skill.

T5RCctf.jpg

Ashodin

Yerp, starting to realize building specialized wrecker teams + element counter teams is where the depth of gameplay comes.

edit: oh god it's so huge

Not using stones for storage till this godfest is over so i'm running out of space. are any of the 3 star mobs that drop during boss fights worth keeping?

wilflare

F9uHB4M.jpg

Can anyone tell me why this is happening? Do I have to evolve it before feeding it more drakes? Why won't my drake drake?

yes you need to evolve it further (and max its level) before you can get 75+15

max luck and bonus luck depends on rarity and level of monster

So I'm pretty close to evolving Amaterasu, the problem is, I got Senada and I was wondering if it's better to keep Senada in my party or use the evolved Amaterasu.
edit: I just got Odin I fucking hate making decisions

Ducarmel

Amaterasu is only useful if you need shield breaker or actually need her skill to heal your team.

Sanada is by far way better if you don't need shield breaker.

edit: You mean Sanada right not some card that happens to be named Senada

Amaterasu is only useful if you need shield breaker or actually need her skill to heal your team.

Sanada is by far way better if you don't need shield breaker.

edit: You mean Sanada right not some card that happens to be named Senada
Thanks, yeah I meant the five-star lol
New problem is that I got Odin and he's super powerful... but slow as shit.. although Sanada is not even in the tier list and Odin is so.

Rahk

New problem is that I got Odin and he's super powerful... but slow as shit.. although Sanada is not even in the tier list and Odin is so.
Sanada is Yukimura in the tier list.

From what I've seen she's really good. I've cleared whole boss floors on savage with her SS.

Draxal

She's a b/c(well he, but in game a she); but once she gets her ascended form she becomes just below zeus tier.

KuroNeeko

Unless they haven't been released yet, I think Anubis, Ra, and Oryou also deserve spots on the tier list. Anubis in both forms, is comparable to Gimlet - and his God Evo heals when you land a gauge shot. Oryou is essential when going for Yamatotakeru.

Montana was my second 6★ and I strongly recommend her, especially if you are a beginner. She has Homing 18, over 30k ATK, decent speed, and is a Demon Killer.

I regret evolving Odin.

Should have went with Striker or Sanada.
If Odin's speed wasn't so bad, then I would like using him more.

Sanada is pretty bad until you get her God Evo.

So I'm pretty close to evolving Amaterasu, the problem is, I got Senada and I was wondering if it's better to keep Senada in my party or use the evolved Amaterasu.
edit: I just got Odin I fucking hate making decisions

If you EVO Amaterasu, you DEFINITELY want to go with her god evo. Farming 6 Thunderbirds is a pain the arse, but it's worth it. As for who to have in your party - Amaterasu maxed out has comparable HP. Her Shield Breaker ability and Lasers are great. The Heal will also save your life at times. I only bother with Sanada if I really need the Anti Gravity Barrier.

Odin, by himself, is better than Sanada unless you god evo her. Of course, your mileage WILL vary depending on the stage. Sanada's ability (拡散ショット), which I guess is something like Scatter Shot - is really, really bad.

I rolled Apollo (5 star) and Odin (5 star) on the first 2 rolls, is it a good start or should I wait it out for Arthur or Zeus?

Whoops, my mistake. Odin is decent. Apollo is rather mediocre - I would be hesitant to use the mats to evo her to a 6★.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So if it wasn't already clear...

Beating a dungeon on savage with 0-stones AND a speed clear does NOT guarantee the drop. -_-

Ducarmel

who is in charge of line group 1

Is there a way you can purge guys who have not used the group for a while or are not playing anymore. I lost all my line data switching devices and now I cant get back in the group because its full.

Burnt out on PAD. How hard is it to get good monsters in this game without spending relative to PAD. Because I want to try this game out.

With the current event you will collect enough orbs to get at least a couple of 5 stars, you will have to grind a little. Multiplayer makes early game easy and bonus orbs come in pretty fast. I managed to pull 42 times with just with free orbs and in a day or 2 I could pull another 10 if I wanted.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Burnt out on PAD. How hard is it to get good monsters in this game without spending relative to PAD. Because I want to try this game out.

Your first roll (well, two rolls really) are important. You need to get at least one 5* in those two rolls to not hate yourself later. Zeus, Striker, Arthur, or Harley X would be my suggestions, although some may have other thoughts. Now is a great time to get in because the gacha gives out only 4* or better right now. I think it lasts until 11/6, so hop on.

Also, you can get a ton of free stones right now. The first 10 (or is it 20?) NEW people you co-op with grant you 5 stones a piece. After that, you get 1 stone per person up to 100 new players. Daily login stuff, easy dungeon clears/rewards, etc. You should be able to do 2~10 pulls before the event is over, for free. After that, the gacha is as bad if not worse than PAD rates.

john tv

Is there a way you can purge guys who have not used the group for a while or are not playing anymore. I lost all my line data switching devices and now I cant get back in the group because its full.

With the current event you will collect enough orbs to get at least a couple of 5 stars, you will have to grind a little. Multiplayer makes early game easy and bonus orbs come in pretty fast. I managed to pull 42 times with just with free orbs and in a day or 2 I could pull another 10 if I wanted.
I think it might be sasuke?

How long does the event last because I don't have much time this week to be honest :(

Your first roll (well, two rolls really) are important. You need to get at least one 5* in those two rolls to not hate yourself later. Zeus, Striker, Arthur, or Harley X would be my suggestions, although some may have other thoughts. Now is a great time to get in because the gacha gives out only 4* or better right now. I think it lasts until 11/6, so hop on.

Also, you can get a ton of free stones right now. The first 10 (or is it 20?) NEW people you co-op with grant you 5 stones a piece. After that, you get 1 stone per person up to 100 new players. Daily login stuff, easy dungeon clears/rewards, etc. You should be able to do 2~10 pulls before the event is over, for free. After that, the gacha is as bad if not worse than PAD rates.

Crap...I wish I had a bunch of free time. I might have to sit most of this event out. Blah...

garath

So an confirmation that a 10 pull is better than 10 individual pulls? I have enough for 6 pulls and kinda want to do it. The gambling addiction! Lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So an confirmation that a 10 pull is better than 10 individual pulls? I have enough for 6 pulls and kinda want to do it. The gambling addiction! Lol

During normal rates, I think 10 pulls is for sure better. But right now, it won't make any difference. My thoughts on it? 10 in a row NOW has a better chance to give you multiple 5* with RNG love, but also has a better chance to give you 10~4* due to RNG fucking. 1 at a time allows you to space them out and hope for a good RNG seed?

E: But let's be honest...It's not like you're going to be able to manipulate the RNG in your favor no matter what. Just depends on if you enjoy pulling 10 times or 1 big pull.

garath

During normal rates, I think 10 pulls is for sure better. But right now, it won't make any difference. My thoughts on it? 10 in a row NOW has a better chance to give you multiple 5* with RNG love, but also has a better chance to give you 10~4* due to RNG fucking. 1 at a time allows you to space them out and hope for a good RNG seed?

E: But let's be honest...It's not like you're going to be able to manipulate the RNG in your favor no matter what. Just depends on if you enjoy pulling 10 times or 1 big pull.

Yeah. I couldn't wait. Pulled 5. 4 four stars :( my only 5 star is eclipse. :(

Hunter king remains my best. Oh well. Never had a lot of luck with PAD either.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Just had my first Synch Strike in this game with Mercviper ....... Zeus + Odin =
KuGsj.gif

Amazing !!

Top Bottom