• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

This game seems kind of fun. But I can't get a sense of skill from it yet. Like I feel I would do just as well playing with my eyes closed because it seems so easy.

Reroll time.

Faiz

This game seems kind of fun. But I can't get a sense of skill from it yet. Like I feel I would do just as well playing with my eyes closed because it seems so easy.

Reroll time.

At first, this is true. And that trend lasts a decent amount of time.

But eventually some things come along to smack you around. It can be strenuous and nerve wracking. I wouldn't call it deep, exactly, but it DOES bring the challenge.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free

Reroll time.

How far are you ? I mean the game just launched last week of course they will introduce far more challenging tasks in the future.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos

Reroll time.

You have to get pretty deep into the game before it gets challenging (rank 40ish).

chrono01

Is there a way to prevent Line from loading up old messages every time it starts up?
I've been trying to find a solution to this, but no such luck as of yet. It's annoying, whenever I launch it, to have to wait for all of the old messages to load before it "catches up". :/

ZeroAKA

I've been trying to find a solution to this, but no such luck as of yet. It's annoying, whenever I launch it, to have to wait for all of the old messages to load before it "catches up". :/
It's particularly annoying if you haven't been on the chat for a few days and have to load up 999+ messages. It's the only reason why I haven't been playing co-op much. >.<

The closest that I've been able to get is deleting chat history manually, but that requires going into the chatroom itself. You can delete all chat history from settings but that gets rid of everything from everyone.

Ducarmel

Hey cosmo do have control over who is in the line group and whether they are active or not?

edit:seems like i can still post and others can join me I just can't return the favor.

So there are weird looking monsters that increase monster stats when fused. Is it like +eggs in PAD, or can I make a mistake and suboptimally increase the stats of a monster like with EVs in Pokemon?

Dumb question but what makes some monsters better than others? From what I've seen thus far there are only a few variations in bump ability. Like you have laser/pierce/bomb/spread shot. And then some size variations in the laser ability. So are the top guys like Zues/Arthur just ones with better stats? Or do they have broken bump abilities like a full screen laser sweep.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Dumb question but what makes some monsters better than others? From what I've seen thus far there are only a few variations in bump ability. Like you have laser/pierce/bomb/spread shot. And then some size variations in the laser ability. So are the top guys like Zues/Arthur just ones with better stats? Or do they have broken bump abilities like a full screen laser sweep.

Base stats, utility, and super move.
Things like null damage wall and anti gravity barrier while also maintaining high base stats are vital.

An effective and easy to use super move is also nice. I like the ones with lower cooldowns.

Hey cosmo do have control over who is in the line group and whether they are active or not?

edit:seems like i can still post and others can join me I just can't return the favor.
I appear to have the ability to remove users from the group (which doesn't make sense since I didn't create it; it may have to do with who created the invite link) but have no way of telling who is no longer active.

Maybe I should post the invite link of the second group publicly to catch lurkers? Once the update hits that adds the dungeon being run to the invite message it'll become more efficient to spam invites to all groups you're a member of, but until then the quantity of people launching games in the second room is going to be depressingly low.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Man i have bunch of firends in my list that own very strong Monsters but for some reason they never show up in my Friendlist - its always the same ones that i added the first two days. How does the game decides which friends are displayed as potential helpers ? Just found it weird that they would rather offer me some guys i dont know instead of users i have maxxed affinity a couple of times.

Ducarmel

I appear to have the ability to remove users from the group (which doesn't make sense since I didn't create it; it may have to do with who created the invite link) but have no way of telling who is no longer active.

Maybe I should post the invite link of the second group publicly to catch lurkers? Once the update hits that adds the dungeon being run to the invite message it'll become more efficient to spam invites to all groups you're a member of, but until then the quantity of people launching games in the second room is going to be depressingly low.

Yeah I just realized I could do that also but yeah i wont do it seems like it would be a shitty thing to do with out knowing who is active and who is not. I'm actually waiting for a reply from Corgi if he still plays so I can delete him.

I also realized i could have cross check people on my friend list who have not played in a while I recently deleted 12 people since launch I could have freed space on the line group if I knew this earlier.

That said guys if you have people on your friend list who have not played in a while lets say 3 days delete them from the line group.

cspanick

Neo Member
Alternate subtitle: john tv's favorite game

LndIgnl.jpg

Monster Strike is the latest and hottest smartphone game out of Japan. The brainchild of Capcom veteran Yoshiki Okamoto (Street Fighter II, Final Fight, Folklore), the game blends the dragonesque trappings of PAD with billiards/pinball and seasons it with Monster Hunter-esque four player online co-op.
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xAqXX1iRJpY&feature=youtu.be
Twitter: https://twitter.com/MStrikeOfficial

IIRdifc.png

iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/monster-strike/id906287108?mt=8
Android: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=jp.co.mixi.monsterstrikeUS
Out of region Android: https://app.box.com/s/fefmzf8nf9vuockeicuk

(very) old Google doc with gameplay mechanics:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1MIoyg9armWeXFy3A5JPyg7m0h7NSIzIor9pSv8odNOY/mobilebasic?pli=1

Reddit posts with beginner's info and some links to JP/ZH resources that you may find useful:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterStrike/comments/2kfrpf/monster_strike_beginners_efficiency_guide/
http://www.reddit.com/r/MonsterStrike/comments/2k7i25/all_the_info_you_need/

0c5HZKq.png

About rerolling and data management
Bolded cards are the ones currently available in our version of the game. Everything with a proper tier is a great catch, don't worry about rerolling for a better one!
S tier:
Aladdin
Water Spirit Tequila
Belphegor
Yggdrasil
Red Riding Hood
Zeus
Arthur

A tier:
Sakamoto Ryouma
Napoleon
Tokugawa Ieyasu
Beethoven
Hunter King
Striker
Alice
Fairy Prince Gimlet

B tier:
Uesugi Kenshin
Agnamute X
Mustang/Wildcat
Heracles
Athena
Agnamute (separate from X)
Harley X
Satan
Loki
Odin

Other keepables:
Nanami
Nobunaga
Nobunaga X
Eclipse
Merlin
Apollo X
Mundus/World
Yukimura

I'm tired of rerolling tier:
Any 5* with a strong Laser type bump combo, and/or with the Null Damage Wall ability

No seriously I'm tired of rerolling:
every other 5*

gV0cVwW.png

Online multiplayer is handled in this by clicking on a URL to join a lobby. It also has built in support for Facebook, WhatsApp, and LINE to make the process easier. LINE is a social media platform with clients on iOS/Android - wwe have a LINE group chat set up for GAF to play together. Quote this post and use the hidden link at the top to join.
LINE download - http://line.me/en-US/download

When posting your room to LINE, adding the dungeon you want to run helps players decide if they want to join or not (bonus stages are perennial favorites!). Also remember that you have to join the room yourself for it to show up!

Co-op seems to be a bit unstable at the moment; here's one particular glitch you may encounter:

dLlNC8O.png

What kind of team should I go for? Baby's first team composition: Laser, Bomb, Pierce
Where to find Divine Catalyst? Rare drop from 25stam weekday dungeons, may be more common in the weekend ones?
What does Luck do? Adds a chance of receiving a bonus drop at the end of a dungeon. You get separate luck rolls for each player when running co-op
How do I increase Luck? Feed dupe monsters to each other. Monsters in the same evolution line will also work
Evolve? Ascend? wha You can evolve your monster when it reaches max level as long as you have the right evolution materials. In contrast, Ascension uses special monsters that can only be gotten from certain event dungeons. You can switch between any evolution/ascension as long as you meet the requirements
I got a Striker Jr what does he even do? Striker Jr. has some awful stats but has a high threshold for adding Morlings to him. Consider him a very, very long term project
Why am I not getting orbs for playing co-op/invite referrals? Turn on push notifications
Also, make sure to lock your rare monsters so you don't accidentally fuse/sell them away like a dumb dumb!

line

Draxal

When he typed quote to see he embedded the URL in an e-mail so you would only see it in the quotes when you are replying.

chrono01

So I have enough for my third 10-pull [if I want], but I'm wondering if I should save it for the next event, since the game is slowing down on giving me free Magic Orbs. I would really like an Arthur [have Zeus], but my last 10-pull wasn't that fortunate [the only 5* I got was a dupe].

The current event ends in a few days, so I guess I have a bit of time to decide.

Faiz

So I have enough for my third 10-pull [if I want], but I'm wondering if I should save it for the next event, since the game is slowing down on giving me free Magic Orbs. I would really like an Arthur [have Zeus], but my last 10-pull wasn't that fortunate [the only 5* I got was a dupe].

The current event ends in a few days, so I guess I have a bit of time to decide.

That's kinda where I am too. 1st 10 pull was semi-successful, 2nd less so, though I think a couple of the four stars will have useful abilities. Would kinda like an odin and an Arthur but I think I'm gonna hang on to my orbs for the next event, otherwise I likely won't be pulling much.

FZZ

Banned

Save the 10 shot, but continuously use extra stones you get from now on to get the most out of the event since the guaranteed 4* and above is too good to pass up.

chrono01

That's kinda where I am too. 1st 10 pull was semi-successful, 2nd less so, though I think a couple of the four stars will have useful abilities. Would kinda like an odin and an Arthur but I think I'm gonna hang on to my orbs for the next event, otherwise I likely won't be pulling much.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards saving mine too. I also have Striker, the event exclusive, so it'd be nice to at least have one set of 10 rolls when the next one comes around, to hopefully get that event exclusive too.

Oh, Dark Wyrm starts tomorrow [or tonight, after the update]. Time to get working on evolving those Zeus! I know I'll be running that place constantly [in LINE].

Save the 10 shot, but continuously use extra stones you get from now on to get the most out of the event since the guaranteed 4* and above is too good to pass up.
I'd be tempted to, if I didn't re-roll 200+ times [when I was initially trying to get Zeus/Arthur, before finally getting Zeus] and receiving nothing of real importance. It's kind of soured me on single rolls. :(

Also, who knows? If I save every Magic Orb, I might have enough for two 10-pull by the time the next event begins. ...Maybe.

FZZ

Banned
I'd be tempted to, if I didn't re-roll 200+ times [when I was initially trying to get Zeus/Arthur, before finally getting Zeus] and receiving nothing of real importance. It's kind of soured me on single rolls. :(

Also, who knows? If I save every Magic Orb, I might have enough for two 10-pull by the time the next event begins. ...Maybe.

Hmm that might be possible too. I've only done one ten-shot and countless single rolls. The RNG in this game is horrible, but I love that on edge feeling of potentially getting another 5 star. Did a pull for my friend the other day and got them a Harley X, you never know lol.

Svafnir

Got the basic version of database/wiki/fansite whatever you want to call it up.

End goal is to have guides on basically everything. Currently in the process of adding all the monsters to the database. Which means the current ability to rank monsters by stats is currently useless as I have only entered a handful of monsters.

It's a slow process. Should have all the english monsters entered in a few days though.

For now you can check out Arthur on my database and give me any feedback if you feel like it ^.^

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/arthur/information/

chrono01

Hmm that might be possible too. I've only done one ten-shot and countless single rolls. The RNG in this game is horrible, but I love that on edge feeling of potentially getting another 5 star. Did a pull for my friend the other day and got them a Harley X, you never know lol.
I like doing a 10-pull and waiting for the eggs to crack. If it goes to a new screen, that means you got a new monster. If it doesn't [and simply shows the crack], you got a dupe. So much excitement/despair!

ZeroAKA

End goal is to have guides on basically everything. Currently in the process of adding all the monsters to the database. Which means the current ability to rank monsters by stats is currently useless as I have only entered a handful of monsters.

It's a slow process. Should have all the english monsters entered in a few days though.

For now you can check out Arthur on my database and give me any feedback if you feel like it ^.^

About time someone made an English database. Nice job!

Ashodin

YES

I love you Svafnir

chrono01

Thanks for this!

Svafnir

Don't thank me yet! I still need to add all the monsters, I just wanted to get some feed back early on.

In 2-3 days I should have all the monsters up though. Then it might be useful :)

Ashodin

OK here's some feedback - perhaps make the arrangement of stats columns instead of rows? EG
-----------------Base------------Max------------Extra
HP............100...............15000..........2800
Attack........etc
Speed

Svafnir

OK here's some feedback - perhaps make the arrangement of stats columns instead of rows? EG
-----------------Base------------Max------------Extra
HP............100...............15000..........2800
Attack........etc
Speed

Done! Now to add Monsters. Going to Halloween party tonight so won't get too many done. Also going to release a dungeon section to the website tomorrow. Will list all events, extreme events and where to get ascention materials and such.

And here we go

Bahamut will be mine

So I have two Zeus from what I've read both version are strong but the dark is stronger because he gains a dark beam which is unresisted. Having two why would a make a red Zeus instead of two dark? And with their secondary skill would having two Zeus still be overkill on a team?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
So I have two Zeus from what I've read both version are strong but the dark is stronger because he gains a dark beam which is unresisted. Having two why would a make a red Zeus instead of two dark? And with their secondary skill would having two Zeus still be overkill on a team?

I thought light is also unresisted?

Top Bottom