• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

How does the invite a friend work? If my wife has an iphone, can I invite her using WhatsApp, then have her join to get the 5 free orbs on my initial roll (bringing me to a total of 3 rolls at the start of the game), and then if I don't get anything good reroll and keep doing the same thing for 3 initial rolls?

I see. One more question. When I choose Skip during the tutorial to make it faster for rerolling, it means I don't get the free levelup and evolution of my starter guy. Is that a big deal?

Draxal

I see. One more question. When I choose Skip during the tutorial to make it faster for rerolling, it means I don't get the free levelup and evolution of my starter guy. Is that a big deal?

Nope, it takes like one run of a dungeon to get the mats to evolve it into its second form.

Anyone playing both this and Terra Battle? Which do you like better? I'm kinda far into Terra Battle. Not sure I like the art style of Monster Strike game so far, although the gameplay seems kind of fun.

So.. I just got Zeus on my first roll while re-rolling. Means I still have one more free roll. If I backup my data10.bin and restore it after my second roll (if it's not good) will it let me redo only the second roll? I assume not since at this point everything's server side and my client file woudl be out of sync with my server info. Just want to make sure though.

Ashodin

Got these two bad boys evo'd today.

Thanks LINE group!

5i66fwdl.png
wjgPn35l.png

Ducarmel

Anyone playing both this and Terra Battle? Which do you like better? I'm kinda far into Terra Battle. Not sure I like the art style of Monster Strike game so far, although the gameplay seems kind of fun.
I like both but Terra Battle's stamina system is way more constricting, so I play for like less than 30 minutes a day while I spends hours playing Monster Strike.

Draxal

I like both but Terra Battle's stamina system is way more constricting, so I play for like less than 30 minutes a day while I spends hours playing Monster Strike.

P&D-I had bad luck with gacha rerolls (my original best reroll was a CDK after 40 times). Plus Pengra leveling is complete pita. So i quite this one farily early.

Brave Frontier- Inventory management (such a time drag) plus SBB leveling (takes forever and is completely random) plus newer units completely outclassing older units. Harder battles just take too long in this game as well.

Terra Battle - Unit management is handled the best in this game, but I think the battles are too long for what they were and quit fairly early.

Monster Strike-Fast and Quick, but doesn't have the depth as the aforementioned three. I also get pretty luck in the Gacha in this game.

Love Live-Best gameplay imho, although the subject mattter and the music is very very much an acquired taste(I zone out so I really don't mind). Gacha doesn't matter that much for difficulty of songs, it only effects scoring.

Svafnir

Ok, I added the first 560 monsters and all their stats to my database today.

Next job is putting in their english name and correct text for sync strike and all that. But all the statistics are currently accurate.

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/zeus/information/

That's an example of how every monster page will look. I will probably do a little paragraph of why the monster is good or not also.

Tomorrow all 560 monsters should look like the Zeus page. I got the entire day off so it should be done in a couple hours.

Also even though I don't think we have any monster in the game currently with a number higher than 560. I will add the remaining monsters to the database on monday for a total of 812. Just so it's fully complete.

For now you can check out some monster rankings with the sort feature.

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/sorting/health/ (Monsters ranked by health)

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/sorting/attack/ (Monsters ranked by attack)

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/sorting/speed/ (Monsters ranked by speed)

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/sorting/bump-combo/ (Strongest Bump Combo - not fully complete, need to enter every monsters bump combo still)

You can also use the search function by Monster Name or by Monster Number. For now Moster Number is probably better, as I don't have the names for all of them entered yet, just the number.

Ok, I added the first 560 monsters and all their stats to my database today.

Next job is putting in their english name and correct text for sync strike and all that. But all the statistics are currently accurate.

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/zeus/information/

That's an example of how every monster page will look. I will probably do a little paragraph of why the monster is good or not also.

Tomorrow all 560 monsters should look like the Zeus page. I got the entire day off so it should be done in a couple hours.

Also even though I don't think we have any monster in the game currently with a number higher than 560. I will add the remaining monsters to the database on monday for a total of 812. Just so it's fully complete.

For now you can check out some monster rankings with the sort feature.

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/sorting/health/ (Monsters ranked by attack)

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/sorting/attack/ (Monsters ranked by health)

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/sorting/speed/ (Monsters ranked by speed)

http://www.strikehub.com/monsters/sorting/bump-combo/ (Strongest Bump Combo - not fully complete, need to enter every monsters bump combo still)

You can also use the search function by Monster Name or by Monster Number. For now Moster Number is probably better, as I don't have the names for all of them entered yet, just the number.

Nice work.

Dreavus

Fun game. I have been having fun with Brave Frontier for a little while now and this seems like a good compliment.

The fusing that evolving mechanics are like... identical. And I know Brave Frontier took them from Puzzle Dragon. Is there a name for this kind of thing?

Anyone notice how upon rolling a 5 star good monster and putting it at the front of your party you tend to get more friend requests or something? I've had literally zero requests for about a week, i got Harley X last night, level her to about 40 with some fusions, wake up this morning and all of a sudden i have 50 brand new friend requests.

Its just weird.

Anyone notice how upon rolling a 5 star good monster and putting it at the front of your party you tend to get more friend requests or something? I've had literally zero requests for about a week, i got Harley X last night, level her to about 40 with some fusions, wake up this morning and all of a sudden i have 50 brand new friend requests.

Its just weird.

People want strong friends.

LOL So true.

zGkcb7i.png

Fun game. I have been having fun with Brave Frontier for a little while now and this seems like a good compliment.

The fusing that evolving mechanics are like... identical. And I know Brave Frontier took them from Puzzle Dragon. Is there a name for this kind of thing?

PAD wasn't even the one who came up with the framework; it was just the one to really take off using them. I started calling them "dragonesques" since about 70% pretend to involve dragons in some way.

How the fuck do I beat Savage or Extreme? I have a Max lvl Arthur, lvl 63 Odin, and lvl 61 Blazing Amaterasu.
My other 5 stars are evolved Aiven and normal Sanada, but I have Blazing Amaterasu because of her shield breaker :l
any advice?

mAcOdIn

How the fuck do I beat Savage or Extreme? I have a Max lvl Arthur, lvl 63 Odin, and lvl 61 Blazing Amaterasu.
My other 5 stars are evolved Aiven and normal Sanada, but I have Blazing Amaterasu because of her shield breaker :l
any advice?
I had to stone once on him too, didn't get a drop either. I went with a Max lvl friends Arthur, lvl 70 Harley X, 70 mundus and 70 Eclipse and got wrecked too.

I might be able to do it if I take out the damage wall creator girls faster this time, maybe but it's a long shot.

Faiz

What happened with the Line group? I got up this morning to find Crowne removed me from the group, tried to follow the link back to it and says it no longer exists.

Edit: must have copied the link poorly the first time... It's still there but now I'm member 201, meaning unable to see posts. What the hell Crowne? I've been playing regularly.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
What happened with the Line group? I got up this morning to find Crowne removed me from the group, tried to follow the link back to it and says it no longer exists.

Edit: must have copied the link poorly the first time... It's still there but now I'm member 201, meaning unable to see posts. What the hell Crowne? I've been playing regularly.
That's what I mentioned in the chat earlier ad well, you were playing yesterday just fine so you are anything but a passive member.... Really weird. We need a solution for the current Line communication situation because many are getting screwed right now.

Ducarmel

Damn that is my fault i was asking around who has not played in a while, flyinpiranha notice on his friends list you have not logged in 8 days along with some other guys who have not played I asked Cosmo if he could remove you guys.

Did you have more then 1 account?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Yeah I think Faiz had another account that I also deleted from my ingame friend list a couple of days ago. Or at least someone else with the same handle.

Ducarmel

Shit I should have thought about that possibility since almost everybody was rerolling at around launch.

The only solution is probably an honor/etiquette rule, sign out the group when you are not playing. I highly doubt 200 of us are playing at the same time 24hrs a day.

I'm really sorry about that Faiz.

Faiz

Damn that is my fault i was asking around who has not played in a while, flyinpiranha notice on his friends list you have not logged in 8 days along with some other guys who have not played I asked Cosmo if he could remove you guys.

Did you have more then 1 account?

Yeah I think Faiz had another account that I also deleted from my ingame friend list a couple of days ago. Or at least someone else with the same handle.

Argh... Yeah that's probably what happened. I rerolled a couple days after launch because I still had no 5 stars after several 10-pulls. Honest mistake I guess! :(

My wife was also in the group but she wasn't using it like I thought she would so I removed her. After it finishes sending her the huge backlog of messages hopefully it will finish processing her removal and I'll be back in at 200.

Top Bottom