• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Wallach

I think Apple's servers might be screwy. I tried to click "Buy" on some orbs and it is just sitting on "Connecting..." for ages. After ~5 minutes it came back with an error saying Apple's servers weren't responding. I closed the app and tried it again, and the same thing happened just after the title screen.

As an aside, having such a long timeout period is pretty dumb.

Rahk

So as someone who's pretty new, what should I be doing? I joined neogaf line group but I'm reluctant to join anything because I imagine my low level is a hindrance to whatever content most people are running. I've got an Arthur/Mundus but am pretty overwhelmed by all the events/options... I've mostly stuck with single player. Some random questions:

For fusing, I know the poliwhirls you want to fuse into each other before fusing into your 'main' monster, but does that go for just the EXP monsters as well? How important is the same-color monster bonus exp thing? I've been leveling Arthur ahead of Mundus despite them mega-xp guys being dark in nature... was that bad?

Is there a low-level co-op room/levels to join in? The only event at "normal" I could find was a water temple easy quest.
Focus on leveling up your Arthur. Just give her any colour of turtles as the light ones are pretty rare. There are light ones that give EXP (green face) and ones that you sell for gold (silver/gold face) so be wary of that.

Feel free to join any EXP Bonus stages people are running or the daily EXP ones to help with that. You can also host your own if you like. They should all be easy enough for you (the weekend Shellmageddon is a bit harder). You should be able to max Arthur pretty quickly by doing that.

Once you have a max Arthur, join the daily Catalyst (sometimes called SS) Hard runs to grind for Sharls, Stoans and Divine Shards so you can evolve her. You want the light ones for her, which are on Mondays and Saturdays. Divines can show up in any of the daily Catalysts, but they are rare so that might take a while. You also get one as a reward for completing one of the co-op quest lines (check missions).

Another goal you can focus on while you are doing this is farming for Drakes in Mt Hotfoot. The dungeon is pretty easy so feel free to join those runs as well. Fuse Drakes together so you can eventually get a 90 luck one, which gives you a very high chance of a bonus drop so that makes farming for lower level content (EXP, stoans, sharls, divines) much quicker. Once you have a leveled up and evolved Drake with at least 20 luck you can start using that to farm Catalysts, EXP and more Drakes.

Wallach

Maybe my data is corrupted or something. I still can't get to the buy orbs menu, and if I force close the app and relaunch the initial connection after title screen has to time out as well.

Edit - I am pretty sure it was. I used iFunbox to poke around in the file system; there is a cached file that stored previous session data that I was able to find and remove, this fixed my issue.

I have a little flashing ! on my Friends button at the bottom right of the main screen that won't go away. It's been like this since I first got the game. When I click Friends there's nothing there flashing, so I don't know what's causing this. Anyone know how to get rid of it? I haven't done the invite a friend thing, could that be it?

I have a little flashing ! on my Friends button at the bottom right of the main screen that won't go away. It's been like this since I first got the game. When I click Friends there's nothing there flashing, so I don't know what's causing this. Anyone know how to get rid of it? I haven't done the invite a friend thing, could that be it?

New friend that you haven't clicked on.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
App downloaded an update at the start, do we know what was changed or added?

After day 2 of farming Sharls...A second divine dropped! managed to now have my entire team evolved/ascended. Zeus is maxed skilled the other two are maxed on HP. Time to keep grinding.
KiXYWNG.jpg

After day 2 of farming Sharls...A second divine dropped! managed to now have my entire team evolved/ascended. Zeus is maxed skilled the other two are maxed on HP. Time to keep grinding.

Do you farm for Divine in the regular weekday SS dungeons? I have been wondering where to get another besides the 30 day one that is incoming for my Lancelot X.

Also, what up with my friends list? I have a ton of people on there but when I go to do a dungeon my helpers are always limited to like 10 choices and none of the ones I need (like a Zeus or something) are available?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Also, what up with my friends list? I have a ton of people on there but when I go to do a dungeon my helpers are always limited to like 10 choices and none of the ones I need (like a Zeus or something) are available?

Yeah, i asked the same earlier but didnt get an answer. How does the game choose which friends monster to offer ? Its always the same limited pool of guys for me, so the choices are most of the time the same.

Dreavus

So the elements are:

fire beats leaf
leaf beats water
water beats fire

light and dark both do extra damage to each other?

Azusa

So the elements are:

fire beats leaf
leaf beats water
water beats fire

light and dark both do extra damage to each other?

Yes, something like that.

From MS facebook post:
Fire is strong against Wood, Wood is strong against Water, and Water is strong against Fire. Light and Dark are strong against each other, but give and receive normal damage from all other Elements.

StMeph

This early in the game's life and with fairly immature accounts, the bottleneck seems to be evolution and ascension materials. XP and gold seem fairly easy and free-flowing with co-op Bonus level abuse, so it's really just down to evolution/ascension and Morlings.

Is there a way to efficiently farm them? Just hit up 2x drop levels for the color that you need?

Do you farm for Divine in the regular weekday SS dungeons? I have been wondering where to get another besides the 30 day one that is incoming for my Lancelot X.
Yeah I've completed the missions and just nneded sharles so decided to burn my stamina on those just on hopes of one dropping. Thw first dropped on saturqday which I've heard had better drop rates for them.

Wallach

do plus monsters stack like pad plusses do?

I dunno how PAD works, but you should fuse Morlings together here. Since you can get a fairly frequent (maybe 1/4 or 1/5) chance at doubling the stat bonus, it's ideal to fuse individual Morlings together with "fresh" Morlings being the base. Each tier of * Morling has a different stat cap so you'll have to try and base your fusions around avoiding it if possible.

The only downside to fusing optimally is that it is more expensive coin-wise, but coins are not particularly hard to get so it becomes a non-issue very quickly.

Do you have to wait until your monster is max level to evo/ascend it?

I got some more orbs and pulled the gatcha and got Nobunaga and Apollo X to go along with Odin, so my team right now is those 3. Hopefully those 3 can take me pretty far.

Wallach

Do you have to wait until your monster is max level to evo/ascend it?

I got some more orbs and pulled the gatcha and got Nobunaga and Apollo X to go along with Odin, so my team right now is those 3. Hopefully those 3 can take me pretty far.

I'm using Odin and Apollo X myself, with Columbia instead of Nobunaga.

What's really lacking on my team though is NDWs; the only 5* I have with NDW after like 2 10-pulls is Lancelot. Zeus eludes me.

iLoveVN

Hello all,

I see that an .apk of the game is available for users not in America, but as I'm from Europe, when the game will be finally available here, will my save be transferable to the Europe version?

OG Loc

Is there any reason I wouldn't get the egg of the featured monster in a Savage level event quest? Beat the Thunderbird one and got nada

Dreavus

Are the "featured" monsters in event quests worth using at all? I just "caught" the Thunderbird.

What about caught bosses in regular missions? I'm guessing THOSE ones are probably no good.

chrono01

I really want to try for Tequila via a 10-pull, but all of these Shadowgaffs worry me. :/

So I just did my 10-pull, and I got:

Arthur [haha, after I'd given up hope]
Quiri x 3
Shadowgaff
Albacore
Smopol
Shiva
Tini
Matilda

I guess it could have been worse. I'm happy to have Arthur, and I hear Tini is pretty decent?

chrono01

Don't think so, unfortunately. Looked at the text for singles when I was about to roll but it only said 3* and up.
Thanks. I figured this was the case, since it said "Golden 10-Shot", but I wanted to see for sure.

Hopefully I can manage another 22 Magic Orbs before the event ends so I can try again.

Top Bottom