• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Dreavus

If I'm going to fuse a monster for high luck, why is the fire drake the best one? That's what I see suggested quite a bit. What about the other "starters" (+ the dark and light ones)?

I just started playing a few days ago and at this point I am using a maxed Matilda, maxed red starter dragon, and a mid-level Tini. I managed to get to 50 stones (only buying the last 6) and that's how I got Tini and some other 4 star creatures (2 more green, 1 dark, 1 light). I also got a Striker Jr but he looks like a project to get working well.

I am hearing that co-op is a good way to get stones but unfortunately I cannot get my Galaxy S4 to cooperate. As far as I can tell I have my location settings enabled but I can't get co-op. Any suggestions?

I am Tonner@GAF in-game or you can try my email. Shoot me a PM is you want to friend up - so far I only have 2 people out of probably hundreds that have accepted me. Could that be another bug? I know in P&D I had no problems getting friends.

Draxal

I just started playing a few days ago and at this point I am using a maxed Matilda, maxed red starter dragon, and a mid-level Tini. I managed to get to 50 stones (only buying the last 6) and that's how I got Tini and some other 4 star creatures (2 more green, 1 dark, 1 light). I also got a Striker Jr but he looks like a project to get working well.

I am hearing that co-op is a good way to get stones but unfortunately I cannot get my Galaxy S4 to cooperate. As far as I can tell I have my location settings enabled but I can't get co-op. Any suggestions?

I am Tonner@GAF in-game or you can try my email. Shoot me a PM is you want to friend up - so far I only have 2 people out of probably hundreds that have accepted me. Could that be another bug? I know in P&D I had no problems getting friends.

Local coop is local so unless you are in a large metro area u wont get hits, all coop done through GAF is being done through the GAF group.

PSA: i sent myself the invite url and opened it on another ios device, got the safari page with my main id listed right, clicked through to the app store, downloaded the game, ran it, did the tutorial and
a) it never added my main as a friend
b) it didnt give me the invitation bonus
c) it didnt reward my main

i dont know why, i deleted and tried again, same thing.
a) my main friendlist is full
b) it remains "full" after i deleted one
c) the other device has no sim card but has wifi etc

so, yeah, that was a waste of 30 minutes...

TI82

Banned
Got "Jupiter" and "Vanguard" today. So far seems like all the anime girls are the strongest ever and better than the monsters which sucks since its "Monster" Strike. Oh well.

Got "Jupiter" and "Vanguard" today. So far seems like all the anime girls are the strongest ever and better than the monsters which sucks since its "Monster" Strike. Oh well.

Carrying on tradition from Puzzles and "Dragons" where the dragons are mostly useless.

Draxal

Random historical figures are made into females for some reason. (Queen Arthur isn't that but they turned Yukimura Sanada into a naked samurai).

well it is monster strike and the red dragon is in the logo because that is what you spend a lot of time doing - throwing him at duplicates of him, to try to build up to 90 luck?

Faiz

So I got 2 Quiri's back to back... wtf?! I guess this is payback for pulling Striker and Arthur back to back.

Hahahahahaha

You missed the post where I talked about my five Quiris in one pull, and a sixth in a second? Two sounds positively normal. Hell I think most of my pulls had a double up at least!

Random historical figures are made into females for some reason. (Queen Arthur isn't that but they turned Yukimura Sanada into a naked samurai).

A strange but somewhat common trope from modern anime. Which I guess isn't too surprising given the many direct influences of specific shows and characters. I'm half convinced much of their income was from Fate/Stay Night otaku trying to pull an Arthur.

Cels

fat divine weeee

PQbzuBt.jpg

not much different than puzzle and dragons. more like puzzle and gods, although guan yu can be used for a strong dragon team these days.

fek

Did they remove that divine that was reward for a co-op quest? I did the quest and didn't get anything from the mission log.

Wallach

Did they remove that divine that was reward for a co-op quest? I did the quest and didn't get anything from the mission log.

I don't think so. Fast on the Strike and Fast on the Strike GP are different series, though. The one that has missions listed in "gears" is the low level Fast on the Strike. You need to clear I believe the first 17 solo series before you can unlock Fast on the Strike GP and get to stage 4.

fek

I don't think so. Fast on the Strike and Fast on the Strike GP are different series, though. The one that has missions listed in "gears" is the low level Fast on the Strike. You need to clear I believe the first 17 solo series before you can unlock Fast on the Strike GP and get to stage 4.
Thanks, didn't know about the GP version

Ashodin

Fancy seeing you here cowboy

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I haven't played since Friday. I think I'm going to stop playing. As much as I love the game, I'm worried that I'll be sucked into spending more money trying to form the "ultimate teams" like I did in PAD. Given how these gacha games work, I'm sure that they'll be releasing more and more monsters that require praying to RNGesus to get and have success with. Sad as I LOVE the game, but probably for the best, ha.

StMeph

I haven't played since Friday. I think I'm going to stop playing. As much as I love the game, I'm worried that I'll be sucked into spending more money trying to form the "ultimate teams" like I did in PAD. Given how these gacha games work, I'm sure that they'll be releasing more and more monsters that require praying to RNGesus to get and have success with. Sad as I LOVE the game, but probably for the best, ha.

You are a better man than the rest of us. (Not sarcasm.)

Damn did a 10 shot and the only 5 star I got was Susano, who doesn't seem particularly useful. I'll probably just hold off on rolling for a while until there's a godfest type event. At least I didn't pay for that 10 pack.

Also I fInally got a divine sharl so I'm trying to figure out who to evolve - Nobunaga or Apollo X. I'm leaning toward Nobunaga since she's ADW and dark.

Pacman2k

Think I am going to bail out of this game already. The drop rate for decent mobs is just too low for me to deal with. This feels far worse than PAD to me, even taking into account the fact that you get far more free pulls in this game.

250 orbs dropped into the machine at this point and the only viable monster I have is Hunter King who was actually my very first pull in the tutorial. Besides that I've gotten a total of 2 other 5 stars, Hikari, Valkyrie.

Maybe I have extraordinarily bad luck, but I am glad I haven't spent any money yet. Bummer because I was enjoying the game. If some of those free orbs had landed me a workable team, I'd be in for a much longer haul.

Feel free to drop me from line groups / friends lists.

Flambe

Just started game and fourth batch of rerolling got Matilda aaand an Odin. Should probably stop while I'm ahead eh?

Edit: Hm was looking at the Reddit link for Tiers, he's only B Tier on OP though sonofa

Ducarmel

It added backup/transfer data option through google+, all the note says is various bugs. But the game still crashes occasionally.

Damaniel

Banned
Damn did a 10 shot and the only 5 star I got was Susano, who doesn't seem particularly useful. I'll probably just hold off on rolling for a while until there's a godfest type event. At least I didn't pay for that 10 pack.

Also I fInally got a divine sharl so I'm trying to figure out who to evolve - Nobunaga or Apollo X. I'm leaning toward Nobunaga since she's ADW and dark.

I've done a total of 3 10-shots (and about half a dozen single pulls), and the only 5* that I've managed to get (Odin and Hikari) came from my first and second (single) pulls. 30-something other pulls -- all 4* (and a couple of 3* after they turned off the guaranteed 4*+ on single pulls). All the other 5*+ in my parties have come from evolving 4* stuff (which means it's all mostly garbage).

At least I've managed to get 2 divines (from back-to-back runs, no less), and upgrade the Odin and Hikari into 6* forms. I'm still sure to hit the wall in single player mode pretty soon though. (And farming for stones/sharls is much nicer with a 90 luck drake, I've learned!)

I currently have these maxed level:
Matilda
Jabbanero
Rossa
Matrima
Quiri
Shiva

My leader is a level 61 Tini. In PAD there are plenty of less rare creatures that become quite good as you evolve them. Are there similar creatures in this game?

I still can't get my S4 to connect for co-op. I installed on my iPad and can there but i am constantly disconnected after finishing a round because it says i am low on memory.

forgrim

just joined the line group to finally try out coop and just tried to accept an invite and it kept failling miserably...is this the norm? keeps telling me to try again

Shouta

Getting super good units period kind of runs the challenge of the game. I do think the gatcha rates could be better but I think we've been spoiled with that initial event giving so many good units.

Getting super good units period kind of runs the challenge of the game. I do think the gatcha rates could be better but I think we've been spoiled with that initial event giving so many good units.
The alternative is being excluded from extreme quests. :|

Alucrid

Banned
Did another 10-shot and only got two notable ones. (Margarite and Odin) Everything else was Shadowgaff :/

did a 10 pull, only got one shadowgaff, but the rest were all four stars, so useless i guess. still rolling with Apollo, Lancelot and Hikari then

I still havent gotten a divine sharl so it's basically the same thing for me!
Currently my top grievance with the game is how stupidly low the drop rate is for those. I saw two of those stupid divine egg monsters today and neither dropped anything.

Other grievances
- Finding people to play with online is stupidly complicated. The reliance on other apps is a joke. LINE is okay but leaves a lot to be desired.
- 90% of the monsters in the game are shit, even "rare" ones.
- The hatcher goes without saying.
- Orb prices are a ripoff.
- Extreme events only being open for a few hours.
- Single player is super uninteresting.

After I ascend Tini, I don't see myself playing the game nearly as often.

Top Bottom