• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

chrono01

This is the first iOS game I think I've ever really gotten sucked into, I've been playing all day.

Does the game get harder though? Also any tips for a new guy?
The standard story quests aren't too difficult [the later Mine ones can be, if you don't have monsters with Flight], and some of the current Extreme events can prove troublesome. The upcoming dungeons, though, look a lot more challenging, so there's definitely a lot to look forward to.

As cw_sasuke said, join the LINE group. It's always fun to team up with other GAF members.

Alucrid

Banned
The standard story quests aren't too difficult [the later Mine ones can be, if you don't have monsters with Flight], and some of the current Extreme events can prove troublesome. The upcoming dungeons, though, look a lot more challenging, so there's definitely a lot to look forward to.

As cw_sasuke said, join the LINE group. It's always fun to team up with other GAF members.

i must be bad then, haven't done verdant menagerie since it feels like my team takes forever to kill mobs

chrono01

i must be bad then, haven't done verdant menagerie since it feels like my team takes forever to kill mobs
I guess it depends on your luck with the Gatcha.

I was pretty lucky early on, so I had two 6* Units [Zeus/Arthur] to tackle the later dungeons, as well as Wildcat/Striker/Tini/etc. as subs. So my experience might not be the best ruler to measure the difficulty by. :(

Alucrid

Banned
I guess it depends on your luck with the Gatcha.

I was pretty lucky early on, so I had two 6* Units [Zeus/Arthur] to tackle the later dungeons, as well as Wildcat/Striker/Tini/etc. as subs. So my experience might not be the best ruler to measure the difficulty by. :(

Haha, that might be true. I just used someone's evolved zeus for the expie event and it made winning quite easy. Maybe I'll get a good one whenever I decide to use my golden 10 shot.

ReaperXL7

So I wanted something different to check out as I rank up my puzzles and dragons account and downloaded this.

Its pretty fun so far but im cautious about wether I should be rerolling in this the same way I did in PAD. My first rare pull was Galahad and Beast who seems to be a super rare but that doesn't really mean much in these gamea.

Is it worth playing the reroll game in this (I know the op says it's not necessary) but I want to start on a solid footing.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
So I wanted something different to check out as I rank up my puzzles and dragons account and downloaded this.

Its pretty fun so far but im cautious about wether I should be rerolling in this the same way I did in PAD. My first rare pull was Galahad and Beast who seems to be a super rare but that doesn't really mean much in these gamea.

Is it worth playing the reroll game in this (I know the op says it's not necessary) but I want to start on a solid footing.
Check out the first post for the tiers, if possible you will wanna start with a stronger 5*.

chrono01

The gatcha in this game is pretty horrible [rates-wise], and you'll want a good Leader to help when you co-op with others. It's definitely recommended to re-roll until you get something great.

chrono01

If I fuse morlings into a monster, then evolve/ascend it later, are those stat boosts lost?
Nope.

You might need to add additional Morling after evolution/ascension, though, as their stats increase after doing so. All of the previous Morling stats are retained, however.

Alucrid

Banned
Nope.

You might need to add additional Morling after evolution/ascension, though, as their stats increase after doing so. All of the previous Morling stats are retained, however.

Thanks, I feel stupid now though since I have like...20 maxed out ones saved up. Time to fuse them

cw_sasuke

New patch is out, and finally the game name and difficulty is being displayed when posting the coop message. Also the Bonus Dungeon Bug got fixed.

Well and there seems to be a new Gacha event introducing 2-3 new 5*.

Wow Alice is really nice. Wish I had her regularly lol

Oh you didnt get her ? Even though we hat the "SUPER HIGH DROP RATE" for that event ? lol

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Any info on what's in the new gacha?

E: Found it:

10804930_1521292354793259_1620633580_n.jpg

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
maybe slash?

i would agree that a lot of the extreme events are trivially easy

also, the new text that autopopulates when you share a dungeon is backwards. it should say "dungeon name (difficulty)" instead of "difficulty (dungeon name)"

Solo extreme event quests aren't as easy as I expected them to be, haha.

Mike M

Nick N
Cleared everything but coop missions and I feel like I've really hit a wall. There's never anyone available unless I want to sit and babysit my phone for half an hour so it doesn't go into sleep mode, and I'd rather not play at all than DL and register on social media apps.

Bleh

Rahk

what? having +50 at the end gets you one more egg, usually, vs getting one sporadically.

that doesnt really make drake farming go that faster than any other day. Maybe 5% to 10% faster?
If you have 99 luck total that gives you two chests everytime. So if you co-op with people who have at least 49 luck monsters you're going to get a lot more.

Noirulus

I'm sick of Brave Frontier's bullshit connection errors and general asshattery of the company that runs the game, so I'm jumping on board Monster Strike.

For rerolling, I should reroll after completing the tutorial and claiming 2 pulls right?

edit: Third time now that I got the stupid freaking alligator.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm sick of Brave Frontier's bullshit connection errors and general asshattery of the company that runs the game, so I'm jumping on board Monster Strike.

For rerolling, I should reroll after completing the tutorial and claiming 2 pulls right?

edit: Third time now that I got the stupid freaking alligator.
If Samurais are next (3 days) might be worth waiting to reroll then or have some alts to roll for them, both are very good.
Free EXP on the starters now with a big pool is also nice.

Noirulus

If Samurais are next (3 days) might be worth waiting to reroll then or have some alts to roll for them, both are very good.
Free EXP on the starters now with a big pool is also nice.

How many rerolls does it usually take to get one of the units in the OP? I'm tired of rerolling >_<

How many rerolls does it usually take to get one of the units in the OP? I'm tired of rerolling >_<

The REM is not very kind in this game so it might take a while.

While it's less efficient, you can also work your way up to 50 orbs in a few hours by playing co-op: the first ten new players you meet (make sure to enable push notifications) will give you five orbs apiece. The Golden 10Shot guarantees 4* and up so you have a little better chance at grabbing a desired unit.

Noirulus

The REM is not very kind in this game so it might take a while.

While it's less efficient, you can also work your way up to 50 orbs in a few hours by playing co-op: the first ten new players you meet (make sure to enable push notifications) will give you five orbs apiece. The Golden 10Shot guarantees 4* and up so you have a little better chance at grabbing a desired unit.

I gave up rerolling after rolling a 5* Malya Snappe. Apparently she has an 8.0 rating or something, decent right? I'm going to try playing co-op nao.

cw_sasuke

Just got 5 free orb for the server/network issues we had 2 days ago.

Faiz

Finally finished my 90 luck drake. I didn't realize it jumped from 75 straight to 90, I've been close for a week and didn't realize it haha

Mike M

Nick N
Finally finished my 90 luck drake. I didn't realize it jumped from 75 straight to 90, I've been close for a week and didn't realize it haha

Well damn, in that case I might finish today.

I'm not clear what the advantage of a high-ranking drake is, though. Presumably to farm rare monsters? But the viability of 5 star creatures seems to drop off a cliff once you start hitting Savage and Extreme difficulties, and the Wrathful Jabbanero seems pretty "meh" even among monsters of his level.

Draxal

I'm not clear what the advantage of a high-ranking drake is, though. Presumably to farm rare monsters? But the viability of 5 star creatures seems to drop off a cliff once you start hitting Savage and Extreme difficulties, and the Wrathful Jabbanero seems pretty "meh" even among monsters of his level.

Farming xp/gold.

Alucrid

Banned

to not be embarrassed when you join a gaf group and everyone but you has maxed out ones

Euphor!a

Banned
How does co-op work in this game? Sounds like it is based on location? That can't be right, right? Is there anyway you can just do it over the whole country, because at the moment, it seems impossible to find anyone.

Faiz

How does co-op work in this game? Sounds like it is based on location? That can't be right, right? Is there anyway you can just do it over the whole country, because at the moment, it seems impossible to find anyone.

There's "local" co-op which is location based. But you can play online with anyone. See first post for the GAF line group which is what we all use to play together.

forgrim

well i've been enjoying this game alot and thought well hey, maybe i'll buy a 50 orb pack for the samurai batch, ready to shell out some money.

and the prices are ridiculous. 40 bucks for 60 orbs for 1 ten shot for MAYBE a 5 star?

i'm just late to the game but gd, the prices are insane

Top Bottom