• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Euphor!a

Banned
What's the best way to farm luck dragons? Pretty much every one I see is a fire dragon, is that one just easier to get for some reason or is it just more popular? Do you just play the low level area over and over hoping for a dragon to drop?

Mike M

Nick N
What's the best way to farm luck dragons? Pretty much every one I see is a fire dragon, is that one just easier to get for some reason or is it just more popular? Do you just play the low level area over and over hoping for a dragon to drop?
Volcanic Drake under Mt. Hotfoot is the first place you can farm starters. They drop when defeated every so often, and are the awarded drop for clearing it.

Venfayth

The spotted eggs that come out of chests from Mt. Hotfoot are the drake. The spotted eggs that drop from the enemies on stage usually are something else. The boss can also drop a drake.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
QHMFL6F.png

This freaking sucks. Line has been messing up on my phone so i haven't been able to play with anyone from the group to take full advantage of the extra luck :mad:

Euphor!a

Banned
So how does this invite system/promo work? I've tried doing it and I keep getting a message saying the reward has already been claimed or something like that. I don't get any orbs on my main account or anything.

Rahk

should I evolve my Saya? its strike shot is so nice. how useful is Umbral Saya's, if anyone knows?
She's alright for killing Mechs. I use her when farrming the latest solo dungeons as she has flight to avoid mines and can do decent damage to the Mechs and boss laying them. She's a 4 star so you don't have to worry about wasting a divine anyway.

john tv

She's alright for killing Mechs. I use her when farrming the latest solo dungeons as she has flight to avoid mines and can do decent damage to the Mechs and boss laying them. She's a 4 star so you don't have to worry about wasting a divine anyway.
Hmm, good idea - hadn't thought of that. Will use Saya for EXP farming now and see how it goes...

Shouta

Got my 3 Saito Hajimes. I just need two Yoshinobus to Ascend Ryoma. I actually want a Yoshinobu to raise too. Apparently, she has Homing Missile 18 which and is a decent Wood unit which I'm currently lacking in.

Just got the game and joined the LINE group.

Username: Barrylocke
ID: 497,066,720,022, if you need that info still.

It's fun so far. It's been awhile since I played PAD and I'm not the best at Match 3 anyways, so this is a cool alternative.

Ducarmel

posted this in line after getting my final invitation bonus

:( One 10 shot and 8 single pulls.

I only got two 5*, of course not the featured ones Oda Nobunaga and Wildcat. One 3* the rest 4* all dupes. Ishida was the worse of the dupes got him 5 times.

Not sure how many eggs I got from the gatcha but it has to be 100 or more.

Only featured egg I ever got was Striker at launch with my first 10 pull, I don't even use him because he just sucks in his evo form.

Another thing....whats up with the screwed up friend list ? Anyone knows how it rotates or chooses which friends unit are recruitable ?

Its like they purposely made it broken and backwards. I have 78 friends and maybe have a handful available to me throughout the day, makes solo play frustrating a lot of times.

It seems like the game is trying to force us to play muliplayer with the horrible gatcha rates and useless helper list system.

I just assumed it was like PAD where you can use whoever has played a game since being used.

forgrim

so everyone pretty much knows how down i was after spending 40 rolls (200 orbs) and getting jack squat last sunday, thinking i was cursed...

then i saw this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgyQkSGmCfc

this guy rolled 800+ times to try to get what he wanted. now that's true pain. (also like 2000 usd)

and didn't get what he wanted...the new gatcha 5*.

damn. soul breaker.

edit: and totally off topic, after 6 years of being a GAF member, i'm no longer a junior member. thank you whatever op that did that :)

Shouta

Goddamn that's soul-crushing, lol. This Gatcha is fucked. lol

Got visceron on my first try. Seems like the only downside to him is his shitty SS otherwise he's really good. Columbia is similar but lacks ADW or AGB to help her but Visceron does.

Wallach

Sweet, I randomly decided to pop on and noticed that Sea King event was going. Got both dragons on my first solo run on Savage, and got my Odin ascended to Odin of the Blue Flame! Just about to sit down and max out his stats now.

fek

Sweet, I randomly decided to pop on and noticed that Sea King event was going. Got both dragons on my first solo run on Savage, and got my Odin ascended to Odin of the Blue Flame! Just about to sit down and max out his stats now.
Nice, I just ascended mine too. I hope Odin + Queen Butterfly (whenever it's released) + a filler pierce type with a friend Margarite will be good enough for Izanami.

Goddamn that's soul-crushing, lol. This Gatcha is fucked. lol

Got visceron on my first try. Seems like the only downside to him is his shitty SS otherwise he's really good. Columbia is similar but lacks ADW or AGB to help her but Visceron does.

What's ADW and AGB?

mrbagdt

thought i would try this game out since i saw it played on a giantbomb stream a week or two ago. after doing single player for a few days i found pretty quick that you can't really do all that much by yourself before you run out of stamina. tried the multiplayer with gaf but it seems like im more a nuisance than anything else. from the matches i did get to participate in, the drops and money was way higher than anything i could do on my own so it seemed like multiplayer was the way to 'try' to go.

digging around guides and reading everything i can to try to figure out the game is just mind boggling. i guess ill give it a shot for a bit longer. thanks for those that let me join their games.

thought i would try this game out since i saw it played on a giantbomb stream a week or two ago. after doing single player for a few days i found pretty quick that you can't really do all that much by yourself before you run out of stamina. tried the multiplayer with gaf but it seems like im more a nuisance than anything else. from the matches i did get to participate in, the drops and money was way higher than anything i could do on my own so it seemed like multiplayer was the way to 'try' to go.

digging around guides and reading everything i can to try to figure out the game is just mind boggling. i guess ill give it a shot for a bit longer. thanks for those that let me join their games.

Stamina does recover pretty quick in this game, but the game is really designed around multiplayer.

Ducarmel

tried the multiplayer with gaf but it seems like im more a nuisance than anything else. from the matches i did get to participate in, the drops and money was way higher than anything i could do on my own so it seemed like multiplayer was the way to 'try' to go.

The game is biased towards multiplayer so your right you have to play multi for some if not most of the stuff you want

But yesterday we were doing extreme quest which is out f your league for the moment, and some of us have been playing since launch so basically you encountered the hardcore and you just happened to play during a small window of time some of us was not willing to be patient with somebody new.

For now stick to normal and hard, and if you want to do savage, I'm sure gaf is willing to carry you if you need help. When you finally max your 6* you will probably be ready for some extreme events.

mrbagdt

i understand.

for multiplayer, do any of my team stats carry over, or is it just my one character that i bring in that really matters? does the luck only carry over from my one character that i bring into the match?

one more multiplayer question: i was getting that 'glitch' mentioned in the first post. when i posted into line, the link it posted would just send me back to the first event ive done rather than what i thought i was doing. the MS app restarted itself as well. was a way to get around this jumping back and forth quickly into the MS app so it doesnt close itself? it seemed like that was what one person described.

ZeroAKA

Saved up 150 orbs, did another 10-shot, got all useless 4-stars yet again. The last time I rolled a 5-star was during the week that the game was released. -_-

Shouta

i understand.

for multiplayer, do any of my team stats carry over, or is it just my one character that i bring in that really matters? does the luck only carry over from my one character that i bring into the match?

one more multiplayer question: i was getting that 'glitch' mentioned in the first post. when i posted into line, the link it posted would just send me back to the first event ive done rather than what i thought i was doing. the MS app restarted itself as well. was a way to get around this jumping back and forth quickly into the MS app so it doesnt close itself? it seemed like that was what one person described.

Only the one unit you bring matters. So you should check out the event and grab the unit that fits the situation the best though usually you need it to be at least Maxed out in 5 star for Savage and Maxed out in 6 star for Extreme. Savage is Very Hard while Extreme is Super Hard.

We were doing Okita Souji last night which has a lot of Damage Walls that deal damage when you bounce on them so something that Nulls Damage Walls is the best plus the proper level to deal damage and survive hits as HP is equvialent to the HP of all units participating in that run.

Just focus on doing the lower difficulty levels and raising your units until you get one or two that are strong enough for the hard stuff.

chrono01

Saved up 150 orbs, did another 10-shot, got all useless 4-stars yet again. The last time I rolled a 5-star was during the week that the game was released. -_-
The lack of new 5* monsters from me has killed my excitement for the game. :(

I've already cleared all of the single-player quests [aside from the event ones], and don't feel compelled to try for the evolution ones since I don't actually have any new monsters to ascend them with. After spending 200+ Magic Orbs and not getting a new 5*, and with only 14 remaining [and the game handing out so few free ones], there's not much I can do.

I mean sure, I could BUY some Magic Orbs, but for the cost they're listed at, as well as the horrible rate of the gatcha, I'm extremely hesitant.

Rahk

The lack of new 5* monsters from me has killed my excitement for the game. :(

I've already cleared all of the single-player quests [aside from the event ones], and don't feel compelled to try for the evolution ones since I don't actually have any new monsters to ascend them with. After spending 200+ Magic Orbs and not getting a new 5*, and with only 14 remaining [and the game handing out so few free ones], there's not much I can do.

I mean sure, I could BUY some Magic Orbs, but for the cost they're listed at, as well as the horrible rate of the gatcha, I'm extremely hesitant.
There have been a couple events with farmable monsters that are up there with some of the 5* gatcha monsters. Okita and Yoshinobu recently, as well as the upcoming Deathscoil and Queen Butterfly.

chrono01

There have been a couple events with farmable monsters that are up there with some of the 5* gatcha monsters. Okita and Yoshinobu recently, as well as the upcoming Deathscoil and Queen Butterfly.
Hmm, maybe I'll have to try for a few of those then, assuming Zeus/Arthur/Tini/etc. are fine for them. A Queen Butterfly would be great.

chrono01

I wish I had time to farm a Queen Butterfly today, but I'm busy. Hopefully next time it comes around I'll be able. :/

Best of luck to you all.

Edit - Sorry for the double post.

forgrim

it was a mad house of farming for 3 hours straight...i managed to get a 13 luck qb (15 total) and with that calculations, i need like 21 hours more hours of farming this lol. wutttt

Mike M

Nick N
Just wiped out on an Extreme rated quest. Very first battle had two necromancer types that had a turn after every round placed on opposite sides of the screen in opposite rows, they were almost impossible to kill in the same move. Meanwhile, I kept getting nuked by lasers from resurrected frogs : (

Did manage to beat it, but the next battle was a mid boss with resurrection and black holes firing on the same turn and more frogs with lasers. If the previous battle hadn't beat me within an inch of my life, I may have pulled through : (

Venfayth

So, I was playing monster strike today. I had about 35 stamina. I ran a Normal Catalysts of Light & Dark which cost me 15 stamina. I was then going to run an Easy Catalysts of Light & Dark (needed to complete it for the orb!) but I wasn't paying close attention.

When I clicked the Easy stage, the game asked me if I wanted to spend an orb to restore my stamina. Because I wasn't expecting it, I accidentally clicked yes. My stamina then shot to about 100/62 stamina.

I played the stage, got my orb, and then once I got out, I then had 0 stamina. I also noticed that it wasn't recharging at all. When I click the stamina to show the total time til recharged, it says nearly 5 hours.

hMCvUYF.png

Super frustrating, anyone else seen anything like this happen?

Super frustrating, anyone else seen anything like this happen?

I don't know if it is the same issue, but I have minimized monster strike and returned to it 30+ minutes later, and the stamina has not increased. Then a few seconds to a couple minutes later, all the missing stamina suddenly "updates" and becomes the correct amount.

I would email their support, explain the problem, and ask for the orb back.

Top Bottom