• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

docbon

I have their entire shitty band. I pretty much stopped playing this game because of the hatcher. Shit's wack.

4tUFFc7.png

Let's make the most of it and do some super kawaii, doki doki magical band member extreme runs.
And get murdered.

Mike M

Nick N
Man, I wish this game had some sort of regular Morling event. Once you collect all the Morling S quest rewards, leveling stats takes fucking months to max out : /

Shouta

Morlings are best farmed on the double drop quests and the Morling Xs will occasionally drop. you need to do the doubling method to make it go by faster as well.

As for the current Olympian Hatcher, the 3 5 stars, Athena, Hercules, and Hades score, 8.5 (Evo), 9.0 (Evo) and 8.0 (Asc) respectively.

Decent enough for 6 star units. Hades has Piercing Homing and Homing in his ascension making him super good for the trash mobs in fights. Athena's Evo has Fire resistance as a trait and her bump combo is unique. Hercules has 41000 Attack and a quick strike shot allowing him to do massive damage if you hit a weakpoint.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So like.... if they don't change (Affinity change) this I'll be getting roughly 100+ free orbs in Jan? Cool.

Good news, Strikers: Affinity Bonuses have been upgraded! After the upgrade, your first Affinity Bonus with a friend will yield 5 Orbs! More details on the new bonus structure below:

First Bonus: 5 Orbs
Second Bonus: 1 Maxpie (Fire)
Third Bonus: 1 Orb
Fourth Bonus: 1 Maxpie (Water)
Fifth Bonus: 1 Orb
Sixth Bonus: 1 Maxpie (Wood)
Seventh Bonus: 1 Orb
Eighth Bonus: 1 Maxpie (Light)
Ninth Bonus: 1 Orb
Tenth Bonus: 1 Maxpie (Dark)
Eleventh Bonus: 1 Orb

After the eleventh bonus, you’ll start over from the second bonus. (You can only get the first bonus once.)

Varvor

So i just started this game. It took me to hatchery and gave me Matilda (Super Rare), is that good or every one gets one?

Atill trying to make sence of this game.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So i just started this game. It took me to hatchery and gave me Matilda (Super Rare), is that good or every one gets one?

Atill trying to make sence of this game.
Garbage. You'll want a 5 star minimum roll and some are a lot more useful than others.

forgrim

Time to abuse rerolling alts on my tablet for 5 orbs!

i must admit, sounds nice in theory but holy shit getting affinity up is a pain in the butt if you just grind it. not bad when you just play in gaf channel and in the normal play, i did it with my tablet alt and normal levels give jack shit affinity, and you have to wait for energy on the 25 energy ones.

Varvor

Garbage. You'll want a 5 star minimum roll and some are a lot more useful than others.

Yeah i played with her some and yeah she is trush, i restarted shortly after.

She has pretty powerful beam strike but it only travels upwards and as result she is useless when she is wedged on top part of the screen.

Rocking Hunter King now on me ipad. Trying to get something dec nt on iphone now.

Faiz

Yeah i played with her some and yeah she is trush, i restarted shortly after.

She has pretty powerful beam strike but it only travels upwards and as result she is useless when she is wedged on top part of the screen.

Rocking Hunter King now on me ipad. Trying to get something dec nt on iphone now.

She is relatively useless but don't make the mistake of discounting an SS because it's unidirectional. A number of very highly ranked monsters have upwards-only lasers.

Faiz

The new affinity bonus got changed up again. Now it's one orb for the first, then you get 2 for every other one. The Facebook post lists that pattern through the 11th bonus; not really sure what comes after that, pretty sure I've not passed 6 or 7 bonuses with one person previously anyway.

Kinda saw the change coming - I farmed two 5 orb affinity bonuses yesterday afternoon myself. Way too easy and exploitable, this is a reasonable change IMO.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
If you need Divines you wanna get them this weekend, 5x drop rate right now on SS.

Raika

Ran Fire Wyrm Savage around 10 times, speed cleared a few times and no drops at all. So I cleared Extreme twice, even speed cleared once.

Fire Wyrm count at the end of 2 hours: 0

I give up, can't believe boss drop rates are making me rage as hard as this game's atrocious gacha rates. I wish boss drop rates were more standardized like in Puzzle & Dragons, where Mythical and Legend = 100%, Master = 40% etc. Waited for weeks to ascend my Odin and this happens, so disappointed.

cw_sasuke

Did you had to orb on Extreme? Because the no continue bonus is a guaranteed egg drop.

Raika

Yeah I had to orb because damage wall killed me when the boss had only a bit of HP left.

What a waste.

But the drop rates for Savage are still terrible though, so many runs and not getting a single drop is rather unbelievable.

cw_sasuke

Yeah I had to orb because damage wall killed me when the boss had only a bit of HP left.

What a waste.

But the drop rates for Savage are still terrible though, so many runs and not getting a single drop is rather unbelievable.

Yeah drop rates are always so so if you not choose the highest difficulty. I would suggest playing in a team to strong enough to no continue extreme events, you only need 1 solid unit for that.

Shouta

Fire Wyrm is also notoriously low as far as I can tell. We all had problem getting the drops initially, lol. Most of the other event ones don't seem as bad.

cw_sasuke

Fire Wyrm is also notoriously low as far as I can tell. We all had problem getting the drops initially, lol. Most of the other event ones don't seem as bad.

Yeah, i only needed one Fire Wyrm for Odin around launch and i dont know how often we had to try to get it...never played it again since after then.

So I started the stone dungeon today with Divine Sharl chance increased by x5 and, after my second try, I managed to get one.

Got another one last week from a login bonus.

Varvor

Having spent past few days playing this game solo and with gaf, all i can say is that more folks should try this game!

Sooooo goooood!

Faiz

So Izanami is coming apparently. Are you ready to get bopped folks? =o

I am ready to be destroyed.

Actually I think I'm ready to pass because I don't have any of the recommended monsters, heh. Might try to get a Nurarihyon tomorrow night - I'll be able to EVO and max level it, but won't have a chance to max the stats.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
So Izanami is coming apparently. Are you ready to get bopped folks? =o
Can't wait to join groups that aren't good enough or don't read dungeons or know attack patterns, or do match shots, yes.

Going to suck if I don't get a good group.

TI82

Banned
Just got a tablet, there's no landscape mode for this game? Weird. And it didn't properly transfer my data over either :/

Edit: fixed the back up thing. Still no landscape

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm actually just gonna solo and make sure I have room for 2-3 runs. No reason I can't with maxed Nura, QB, 2/3 maxed Kii and a Jorg or Marg helper.
Is it really that bad? Also is she any good?
No, but probably harder than anything else and no garunteed drop. You get maxpies/divine/iza so it's ok though for 60 stam
I just want to check is Heracles and Odin good? I got them and maxed their levels.
Yup

Dwayne

Should I just sell all my 4 stars? I have 4-5 (non-evolved) 5 star monsters, so I'm guessing there's no point having 4 stars?

Just got a tablet, there's no landscape mode for this game? Weird. And it didn't properly transfer my data over either :/

Edit: fixed the back up thing. Still no landscape
The game doesn't support landscape.

docbon

Will Nanami ever get good? I got her recently and she seems kinda bad. I've been trying to buff her with Morlings but she stills bad.

She turns into a power type, except she has no power, and loses a shit ton of speed. Not very useful outside of her NGB and element in specific dungeons, and even then, there are much better picks.

She turns into a power type, except she has no power, and loses a shit ton of speed. Not very useful outside of her NGB and element in specific dungeons, and even then, there are much better picks.
I'm sure there are. The problem is getting them.

Also, what is hypermax?

Am I missing something, or what? I'm finding Monster Striker tedious to play. My main is a Mustang or Tini evolved, and I have an Arthur and Eclipse. However, I don't really do much but farm sharls every day. Just got like 4 from this past weekend, but egh, most of my monsters are mediocre at best. (Wonderful damage walls tear my speed monsters apart)

Shouta

Well, it's just like any other mobile game, grind up your units and get them ready for the next event, etc. Be on the hunt for new ones that are stronger and all that.

Tini and Arthur are buff, so you're OK. You should focus on increasing your stable of usable monsters instead of just farming sharls. There are ones that are droppable which are comparable to the hatcher ones. The best monsters in the game are currently only from drops too, lol.

Top Bottom