• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Shouta

Who are the dropped monsters worth using?

A lot of them will have situational uses more than overall usage but units like Nurarihyon is an example of one that'll be good for Izanami, who's one of the strongest monsters in the game and also a drop.

Deathscoil is another good one that has really good general usage. Queen Butterfly as well. There's usually at least one usable droppedm onster in each batch so you just gotta check them out and see what their strengths are.

fek

Oh God, yes!!

G0aVBHd.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
fek you just showed up as available friend with Napo - feels good !!

And congrats of course :-D

Faiz

There is but the FB post means Nurarihyon not and X. The X version is green, lol.

Oh ok, I'm assuming she's yet to be released in the English version? first thing I did was check Database and the only thing I got back was the blue one.

Ducarmel

7 rolls nothing, not even a non featured 5 star.

I'm pretty much just only log in waiting for those stones they promised us, cant even muster the motivation to play.

I hope I can at least get Izanami tomorrow.

cw_sasuke

Iza get - now lets make sure the rest of Gaffer who still need her get her as well !!

Shouta

Yeah, got my Izanami too. But let's make sure everyone in the Line group that wants her gets her. She is a rough fight even with water units.

cw_sasuke

Yeah, got my Izanami too. But let's make sure everyone in the Line group that wants her gets her. She is a rough fight even with water units.
Yeah that's what I'm saying, need to keep the GAF wolf pack together. Everyone will have a Kushinada unit as long as they get their hands on Izanami.

@chrono

You absolutely should.

chrono01

@chrono

You absolutely should.
That's the plan. :)

Was she difficult? I don't have any 5* water units, but I do still have my classic Zeus/Arthur/Tini/etc. Are they viable, or is a water-unit needed? Not sure, since I've watched a lot of videos but kind of hard to judge the difficulty from them.

cw_sasuke

You want to bring a water unit to that dungeon since the damage output will be quite high. If you don't have one you should farm and get Queen Butterfly, she'll be up I around 7 hours I think. You can take her for Izanami once she is maxed.

chrono01

You want to bring a water unit to that dungeon since the damage output will be quite high. If you don't have one you should farm and get Queen Butterfly, she'll be up I around 7 hours I think. You can take her for Izanami once she is maxed.
Thanks, I'll try working on that one then.

Faiz

Nice job on the Izanami so quickly guys.

Just noticed they added a heap more times for her - gonna work hard on hyper maxing Nurarihyon today so I can make some daytime ones.

Natiko

Banned
Decided to start playing this today. Three rerolls in I got Margarite which according to the OP is a great start. Still not too sure about some of the systems in this game, but I have plenty of time to learn them before it'll matter I'm sure.

Venfayth

Gonna do a little writeup on Izanami since I'm bored. Gonna copy and paste images from the strikeshot guide, which you also should check out.

General notes:

Do not hesitate to use your SS early if things are starting to look bad. Izanami is one of those events where everything can look great and you lose two turns later. You do not need SS's to finish Izanami - they are nice - but losing with 4 SS's ready is stupid.

Stage 1:

Stage1.png

The two zombies in the middle need to be your number one priority. There are two effective strategies for doing this. Either kill them at the same time, or kill one and 2+ other enemies at once. Each zombie will revive two enemies from the screen at random, so if only one zombie is alive and you took out the other zombie and two dragons, there's a chance only the zombie might stay dead for the next turn.

Not too much else to say here. It's nice if you have Margarites in your team for them to be in the #2 and #3 positions, as this lets you basically instantly kill both zombies with their combined laser bump combos.

If your team is having trouble with it, don't give up. Sometimes the zombie stages are actually the hardest part of this dungeon depending on your team composition. If you get stuck, make sure you let the hearts grow to yellow before you pop them.

Stage 2:

Stage2.png

Same thing as before, just another annoying enemy in the middle which makes it harder to kill both zombies with a single bump combo, but also adds more fodder for the zombies to revive.

Stage 3:

Stage3.png

Your first sight of Izanami! She's not too tough here. The minions can be annoying, but unlike most events, if you take down Izanami all of these minions will disappear along with her, taking you straight to the next stage. It is advised to focus your efforts on her, but you may decide to take down the zombie if an opportunity presents itself.

Stage 4:

Stage4.png

Many runs will end on this stage. Just like the first two stages, you have two zombies reviving monsters every turn, only this time they are in opposite corners. Personally, I found the best tactic for this stage to consistently go for shots that will weaken many of the monsters at once, as opposed to taking out one or two at a time.

The only value you get out of taking down one or two monsters at a time is that their attacks will be delayed a couple turns, but ultimately it gets you nowhere. Your goal is to get a turn where you take down 3+ monsters at once including one of the zombies, then follow that turn up with taking out the other zombie. Obviously, though, if you see an opportunity for a great chance to take out both zombies at once or an otherwise nice combo, go for it. A lot of these stages are just playing as efficiently and effectively as possible. There is room for -some- error, but if your team spends two turns with ineffective shots, your run could be over.

One last thing, take a look at the map layout for the next stage. You will see that there are two white circles on Izanami. These white circles are what are called "match points" - essentially they are a hidden weakpoint that can lead to massive damage. Because Izanami is conveniently placed in the top left corner, it's really nice if you can manage to wedge your Bounce type monsters up behind where she will spawn at the end of this stage.

Stage 5:

Stage5.png

Depending on how much damage you do to Izanami, you have the potential to skip a stage or even end the match here outright - i.e. the overkill damage you do to a boss will carry over to further rounds. Shouta was saying in the Line group that he was able to kill Izanami on stage 5 by using Odin's SS and hitting the match point just so. This really can only happen if you placed yourself perfectly to abuse her match points.

If you don't or can't utilize this tactic, however, that is just fine. Because of Izanami's positioning on this stage, it is still the best tactic to take her down first. Try to get behind her with your bounce types and you will do great damage even if you do not hit the match points.

The shield on the right hand side of the screen will create permanent damage walls, one wall at a time, that do about 20k a pop to a water type. It is imperative that you finish the stage before these go out. This will be true for all remaining stages.

It is best to end this stage with your bounce types in the lower right corner.

Stage 6:

Stage6.png

This stage is very similar to the last, with some minor differences. Izanami is in the other corner, and there is a red bahamut enemy instead of small enemies. It is VERY IMPORTANT to stay away from the red bahamut. Ending a turn next to him is almost always a mistake, as he will do constant explosions that are very damaging. Again your goal is to get behind Izanami since she is right next to the wall, which makes for easy bounce combo damage.

Stage 7:

Stage7.png

Almost there! There are a couple of different approaches you can take here. This stage has incredibly annoying warps, combined with shields protecting Izanami from the best angles. If you have good pierce damage (2 nap team for example) you can probably ignore the minions and take her down that way. Using margarite effectively is tricky as long as the warps are down, meaning a good tactic is to kill the zombie and then the warp minion in the top right, leaving izanami vulnerable by herself.

After dealing with the minions, take Izanami down fast, as the damage walls will end your run if you are not quick enough.

Stage 8:

Stage8.png

This is it! Unleash your strike shots! Her top left corner is where bounce types should aim to go, as it is fairly easy to deal massive damage there. Again, STAY AWAY from the red bahamuts. You can attempt to kill them, but this is dangerous because of how much damage they do up close. You have the same damage wall timer as always, so keep an eye on that.

Izanami's drop rate is fairly low. Last night I completed her three times, speed clears each time for a total of 3 drops (we had no QB luck!) and got 7 maxpies, 1 divine orb, and 1 Izanami.

I mostly wrote this because I am bored and have nothing better to do, so if you see anything wrong or you disagree with a tactic or strategy I mentioned, let me know!

Venfayth

Good stuff! One minor fix - the white circles are match points. If you manage to connect to one for big damage, that's a match shot. :)

That makes more sense! Edited that and also changed some other nitpicky stuff to make it read less like I play World of Warcraft.

I had more than 500 days of in game time when I quit. It's really hard to purge my lexicon of stuff from that game.

That makes more sense! Edited that and also changed some other nitpicky stuff to make it read less like I play World of Warcraft.

I had more than 500 days of in game time when I quit. It's really hard to purge my lexicon of stuff from that game.
I'm surprised you didn't refer to the shields as rage timers

Shouta

Yeah, hitting one of the match points can literally end the map early. I wedged Marge and Odin in the upper left corner during Stage 5 and opened up Izanami's weakpoints with Marge. Next turn, I hit her with Odin's SS andi t just wedged there dealing all 10-12 and taking all of Izanami's life bars out in one shot. This wedging actually helps a lot in this with the dragons and the gravity barriers for some reason so Izanami is prime for it.

You need a powerful bounce Strike Shot though so Odin makes the most sense.

Venfayth

What is the purpose of Gold in the game? Aside from Evolves, I don't think I ever use it.

Honestly, nothing beyond that and fusing. It's a limit on how much you can fuse, I guess.

The only thing I can think of - is that it exists to gate progress or at least make people think about how they're fusing at a low level.

Mike M

Nick N
Gold has never been an issue, and I fuse monsters pretty liberally.

Once I ran out of Bonus Rounds, a single day of farming TGIF set me up for life.

cw_sasuke

Line group is about to hit 200, might be time to delete non actiive users so that new Gaffers can join.

Faiz

I know it's critical member numbers ATM but I'd argue to wait a bit; holidays could easily skew results of chat logs currently.

FZZ

Banned
I know it's critical member numbers ATM but I'd argue to wait a bit; holidays could easily skew results of chat logs currently.

Yup, I haven't posted as much since my break started and I've been out with family the whole time. But I very much still play the game and only now am I able to post a little bit because everything has died down a bit.

Still trying to get Izanami.

Just tried to join and it is over the limit.. Is there a secondary group?
Consensus in the LINE group was to wait a few more days for people to get back from holiday vacation before cutting inactive members. In the meantime you can use the overflow group:
http://line.me/ti/g/k-iOE1I5eR

Now that stage names get posted in the invite link there's little reason for existing players not to join too, so consider this me attempting to guilt you into joining too.

Eh. He's a shield breaker, has blast so that's decent, his strike shot takes too long to charge.

Only been using him cause my pulls are crap.

Ah ok, neat.

I've been using the odd team of uh, Columbia, Aeterna, and Eclipse. I have no idea how these fit in the totem pole. But I like Columbia.

Edit-I've decided to reroll..I've made alotta mistakes with the orbs I've gotten >_>;
Edit:Edit-After the 10th reroll...I got Odin. It was funny, the hatcher gave me a white egg, that hatched into a gold egg, and into Odin. I think I'll stick with this.

chrono01

Is it better to do ten individual pulls or a ten-shot? The reason I ask is because I'll have 50 Magic Orbs tomorrow and I really want to try for Margarite/Napoleon.

The ten-shot seems like a better option, but I've heard reports that single shots actually gives you a better chance, since if you get a silver egg that transforms into a gold, that guarantees you a 5* unit.

fek

The ten-shot seems like a better option, but I've heard reports that single shots actually gives you a better chance, since if you get a silver egg that transforms into a gold, that guarantees you a 5* unit.
I've only ever seem that happen in the tutorial hatcher, don't know if someone else has a different experience

john tv

Is it better to do ten individual pulls or a ten-shot? The reason I ask is because I'll have 50 Magic Orbs tomorrow and I really want to try for Margarite/Napoleon.

I've had better luck with 10-shots myself...

Top Bottom