• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

Sykotik

I just opened my first 10-shot and got Odin and Margarite. Here's a pic of the 10. Did I do okay?
Eglb.jpg

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Seems like lower rank and not playing a while is your best way to get some awesome drops - congrats to you guys !!

@Sykotik
Yeah evolving units is a must for tougher dungeons, you should Asc Odin and Evo/Asc Marg.

Shouta

Evo Marge, Ascend Odin.

Asc Marge is fine but the Evo version is easier to use if you want to set her up to use her damaging bump combo.

chrono01

I've only ever seem that happen in the tutorial hatcher, don't know if someone else has a different experience

I've had better luck with 10-shots myself...
Thanks, took the advice, did a 10-pull, and got Napoleon! I have the Divine Sharl to Evolve her too. Then I just need to work on feeding Morling into her before Izanami returns [I have more than enough EXP fodder, thanks to the gifted Expie].

She's not a Margarite, but she's a solid water-type that should help me with Izanami. I am now officially excited.

Also, congrats Sykotik. That's some insane luck you have.

Sykotik

Also, congrats Sykotik. That's some insane luck you have.

Thanks. I seem to have decent luck with RNG when I have no expectations. If I was actually looking for something in particular, I would have never gotten it.

I'm not sure what to do right now. I'm just looking for the blue sharls so I can evolve Marg. As for where to get them, I have no idea. I'm just going with the flow. Luckily I did get a divine off a drop recently.

Should I have Margarite or Odin as my lead? Also, using either of those two, what level of quests should I be looking out for? Can I join people in savage, for example?

chrono01

Thanks. I seem to have decent luck with RNG when I have no expectations. If I was actually looking for something in particular, I would have never gotten it.

I'm not sure what to do right now. I'm just looking for the blue sharls so I can evolve Marg. As for where to get them, I have no idea. I'm just going with the flow. Luckily I did get a divine off a drop recently.

Should I have Margarite or Odin as my lead? Also, using either of those two, what level of quests should I be looking out for? Can I join people in savage, for example?
For Blue Sharls, run the daily dungeon that corresponds to them. That would be Wednesday, and the fact that you already have the Divine Sharl [arguably the most difficult to obtain], you're set.

For the lead, I'd recommend Margarite as she's more flexible than Odin. Odin is a great monster, but he's a little slow. Margarite, on the other hand, is extremely well-balanced, and her Strike Shot is useful in any/all situations. As for which dungeons you can do...you name it. Margarite can do pretty much all of them. Of course, she'll do less damage on grass-themed ones [and take more damage], but it shouldn't pose too much of a problem.

Edit:

BTW, thanks LINE GAF. I finally got my Inazami and can work on leveling her. Just need one Divine Sharl...

garath

Yeah. I officially quit this game. Had 122 orbs saved up so I did two 10 pulls in a row. I ended up with all 4 stars except:

2 Lin Zi
1 Hunter King

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Yeah. I officially quit this game. Had 122 orbs saved up so I did two 10 pulls in a row. I ended up with all 4 stars except:

2 Lin Zi
1 Hunter King

If they would have made the hatcher more generous, I would have kept playing. The game is SO fun, but the hatcher is just too stacked against the players.

garath

If they would have made the hatcher more generous, I would have kept playing. The game is SO fun, but the hatcher is just too stacked against the players.

Yep. It's amazing. Sure it's not too hard to build up some orbs over time but if I spent any real money on this game I'd be so pissed.

It was fun while it lasted.

edit: that was my third hunter king to boot.

Shouta

FYI folks, Orb portion of the holiday giveaway starts tomorrow. They got enough for 60 orbs (5 per day for 12 days) for everyone so Definitely sign in and get them to do another 10-shot before you quit. =P

FYI folks, Orb portion of the holiday giveaway starts tomorrow. They got enough for 60 orbs (5 per day for 12 days) for everyone so Definitely sign in and get them to do another 10-shot before you quit. =P

It looks like we might be getting ninjas in the next hatcher so I hope everyone likes getting him or her. :p

cw_sasuke

Yep. It's amazing. Sure it's not too hard to build up some orbs over time but if I spent any real money on this game I'd be so pissed.

It was fun while it lasted.

edit: that was my third hunter king to boot.

Well it sucks if you wanted Marg or Napo - but we are getting Jiraya Extreme Event this week, so with the next Update HK Ascensions should be included.

Also Orochimaru this week for ppl with Sanada.

Ahh man. Was hoping it would be today so that I can try my luck at a Marge of Nap for Iza runs

cw_sasuke

Ahh man. Was hoping it would be today so that I can try my luck at a Marge of Nap for Iza runs

They are smart, dropping the free orb with the average Ninja Hatcher lol. No way im spending anything on that Gacha.

blackflag

I don't understand the incentive to spend money on this game.

After my first 10 pull where I got Zeus, Harley, Arthur, and Striker, I've pulled 4 10 pulls and never gotten a single 5 star.

I paid for the first and the others were free. Is that just really bad luck or is this typical? I stopped playing entirely because of it.

After my first 10 pull where I got Zeus, Harley, Arthur, and Striker, I've pulled 4 10 pulls and never gotten a single 5 star.

I paid for the first and the others were free. Is that just really bad luck or is this typical? I stopped playing entirely because of it.
Holy crap.

Cels

Four 5* in five 10-shots is slightly below average

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I would say 0% chance but since I don't know for 1000% sure, I'll say....there is a .1% chance they will be compatible.

Didn't you say that you were in direct communication with the devs on this one? Did they ever discuss the hatcher rate and if they were going to adjust it in the states?

uQ7zpUs.png

I accidentally deleted Addison Tam cause I'm half watching AGDQ and there are some people who are 'active' but never posted in chat at any time the past week, just rejoin if you got cut

So right now my team consists of Odin, Umbral Saya(Who I evolved from a regular Saya), and Hunter King.

I did a 10 pull shot. Got...4 copies in one pull :(

Is there any more ideas on whether 10-shots have a borked RNG? I haven't really gotten any 3-stars on normal orb pulls, so I feel like sticking with normal pulls wouldn't kill me if there really is issues with the 10-pulls.

Is there any more ideas on whether 10-shots have a borked RNG? I haven't really gotten any 3-stars on normal orb pulls, so I feel like sticking with normal pulls wouldn't kill me if there really is issues with the 10-pulls.

Well if my 10 pull was anything, I got 3 Albacores and 2 Kazanes in that 1 10 pull. Meaning I only got 6 new characters :( Only one 5 star(Hunter King). Other ones are characters I'd already seen during the initial 'Reset game to get a rare pull.'

Shouta

It's all pretty random it seems. i've gotten a few 5 stars in one-shots like Verdandi but I did get some nice ones from 10-shots too. We'd need more data.

This games so new that there isn't a lot of data on quite a few things. I was also asking in the Line app a few days back if anyone knew if the daily Stoan/Sharl dungeons also had a higher chance of dropping regular Stoans. Still not much info on that, although I feel like it does.

those free orbs better get me something good. my entire box is being taken up by those stupid christmas expies

I have most of them sitting in my mailbox. As long as I get some high tier monsters to spend them on in the next 3 months, I should be good. IF not, I suppose I'll have to spend some orbs to expand the monster box for room.

Heads up, they screwed up on the Divine Sharls event so everyone gets 5 free orbs.

Decided to burn it in the new hatcher and pulled another Albacore. Screw you too game.

Didn't you say that you were in direct communication with the devs on this one? Did they ever discuss the hatcher rate and if they were going to adjust it in the states?
The amount of gift orbs given out in the NA version seems way inflated compared to JP so they might be their current solution.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
The amount of gift orbs given out in the NA version seems way inflated compared to JP so they might be their current solution.

Ah, gotcha. I'm logging in for the bonus orbs, but I'm not doing anything with them until I feel inclined to. Game was just too damn fun, but the hatcher was a real ball breaker.

Shouta

New hatcher is kinda mediocre overall but does have uses.

Saizo the water unit has a really powerful X Laser with 8k+ attack (in Evo) where most are like 6k, I think. She has NDW too making her pretty good but you need other more specialized monsters to go with her.

Hanzo, the fire unit, is one of the other units that can be used for Kushinada when she comes out alongside Ryoma and Izanami as he has NGB and Null Warp. He has Homing 18 and Scatter Shot 3 in Ascended form too.

Sasuke, the dark unit, has NDW and Null Warp in her Evo form and has a powerful vertical laser (both up and down) clocking in at 12k. It makes her quite usable as a unit overall.

Natiko

Banned
Considering I'm so early in the game I still don't even have the materials to evolve a single one of my five star monsters - should I hold onto my orbs instead of using them on this hatcher? The current one seems a bit mediocre compared to the last.

Since I missed out on max lucking Queen Butterflight, is there another monster coming soon I could focus on?

Edit: More and more I'm getting out the loop and I don't like mining through the chat log.

Shouta

Yeah, if you got a good 5 star from your initial rolls, I'd wait and hold your orbs for a better hatcher overall. These are OK units but you want to gun for the better ones that will come later if you can or a special one where they rate up some of the good ones like they did with Water units for Izanami.

I don't know which hatcher is next but there are a bunch of good ones still left in the series that will becoming down the line.

It's not a bad way but I kinda feels like its setting a bad precedent since I keep waiting for them to mess up on something so they'll toss out more free orbs as compensation, lol

Yeah, if you got a good 5 star from your initial rolls, I'd wait and hold your orbs for a better hatcher overall. These are OK units but you want to gun for the better ones that will come later if you can or a special one where they rate up some of the good ones like they did with Water units for Izanami.

I don't know which hatcher is next but there are a bunch of good ones still left in the series that will becoming down the line.

I learned this the hard way when I spent $21 yesterday for a 10 pull.(I had saved the 20 orbs, didn't know the new year thing started today.).

The only upside though is that I got Hunter King, and managed to evolve Saya into a pretty sick 5 star. Then again, a 5 star with a 35 turn strike shot. Better be the best damn thing ever..

Shouta

I learned this the hard way when I spent $21 yesterday for a 10 pull.(I had saved the 20 orbs, didn't know the new year thing started today.).

The only upside though is that I got Hunter King, and managed to evolve Saya into a pretty sick 5 star. Then again, a 5 star with a 35 turn strike shot. Better be the best damn thing ever..

Her SS is powerful, I think? But it requires you to be low on life and it takes forever. It really needs to be balanced better. She's really good for Robots but not much else apparently.

So is Izanami gone for now? I ask since I never got to do a run to get her and if so, does anyone have an idea as to how long it will be til she is back into rotation?

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
Iza is gone forever r i p (Dunno come back)
Kush will probably rotate in next. I hope.

I'm basically done with MS except nabbing my HK mats and waiting for Kush.

*Oh and I can give away some of my alts if you are rooted and can swap the data10, just post. Should have 1-4 5*.
Her SS is powerful, I think? But it requires you to be low on life and it takes forever. It really needs to be balanced better. She's really good for Robots but not much else apparently.
Her SS is worthless even on half life and shes a 5* so her stats aren't good, she's a sub if you don't have a 6* basically in early game for like the 2-3 mech bosses.

HK isn't great either (No NBG/NDW) and his ascension isn't in the game yet, but should be soon. Lotta + EL laser can just carry you so it's not that bad.

Top Bottom