• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monster Strike |OT| Lucy in the Sky with Divine Sharls

FZZ

Banned
So I made an alt account and just did a 10 shot in the new hatcher. How were my rolls, I literally didn't know half the monsters I pulled lol

Mi9ECTW.jpg

FZZ

Banned
I think I'm skipping this hatcher in favor of the Three Musketeers one that's coming up.

Hmm what monsters are gonna be featured in that one?

Yggs, Striker and Snow White..... not bad at all.

you pulled 4 5 stars
that's a pretty damn good roll ~_~

I knew about Yggs and Striker since when I was still active they came out. But is Snow White and the light dude any good? Because I remember a lot of the new 5 star monsters outside of Lucifer, Liu Bei, and a few others were considered trash.

forgrim

Hmm what monsters are gonna be featured in that one?

I knew about Yggs and Striker since when I was still active they came out. But is Snow White and the light dude any good? Because I remember a lot of the new 5 star monsters outside of Lucifer, Liu Bei, and a few others were considered trash.

mont striker got buffed so he's good (minesweepr and NGB so he can be taken to many places). Snow white is speed support, so good in tsukuyomi from what i was told

fek

The first Monster Strike Festival is happening today in Japan and since I am here on vacation and they are giving some codes with special art to some drop monsters (Tokugawa, QB, Nero, Dark Wyrm and Surtr) I decided to go check it out.
Event started 9 AM, I got there 10 AM and the line was insane. The worst thing is that there was no staff anywhere to coordinate the lines so I often saw people just cutting in the line
After a while someone with a megaphone went around saying that they weren't expecting this many people to attend and there was no guarantee that we would be able to enter the event
I still stayed around for about 3 hours in the line but I gave up. All the way under the sun and no water anywhere, people were collapsing there. After a while they announced on twitter that no one would be able to enter anymore. Pretty bad organization, I think Mixi will get in trouble for this.
Edit: Here's a compilation of pictures of this mess:
http://daily-news.jp/2015/08/02/festival-monster-strike-scandal/

john tv

The first Monster Strike Festival is happening today in Japan and since I am here on vacation and they are giving some codes with special art to some drop monsters (Tokugawa, QB, Nero, Dark Wyrm and Surtr) I decided to go check it out.
Event started 9 AM, I got there 10 AM and the line was insane. The worst thing is that there was no staff anywhere to coordinate the lines so I often saw people just cutting in the line
After a while someone with a megaphone went around saying that they weren't expecting this many people to attend and there was no guarantee that we would be able to enter the event
I still stayed around for about 3 hours in the line but I gave up. All the way under the sun and no water anywhere, people were collapsing there. After a while they announced on twitter that no one would be able to enter anymore. Pretty bad organization, I think Mixi will get in trouble for this.
Edit: Here's a compilation of pictures of this mess:
http://daily-news.jp/2015/08/02/festival-monster-strike-scandal/
Wow, sorry to hear it - people on Twitter are giving out the codes (JP ver only, have to be used today). If you have the JP version, I highly recommend grabbing these ASAP:

264541536702335 - 5 monsters w/new designs(!!!)
329632621023517 - 6 vouchers
772693589100465 - 2 orbs
737651545012773 - 1 orb
129590957568017 - 2 orbs

fek

Thanks, yeah I play JP too. I'm glad they made a new code that everyone can use for the monsters, it was supposed to be a unique code that could only be used once but a lot of people were going to miss out on it. Still expecting more compensation though considering what happened today.

FZZ

Banned
How bad are the rates in JP

How many rolls should one save up before even attempting a ten shot?

How long would it take to get Lucifer?

fek

How bad are the rates in JP

How many rolls should one save up before even attempting a ten shot?

How long would it take to get Lucifer?
I thought the rates were worse but I made an alt and got Ryu, Chun-Li, Aramis, Romeo, Ryoma, Liu Bei and a few more good 5* monsters within 200 orbs. So yeah, it's all about luck anyway. Took me 800+ orbs to get Lucy on my main though.
One thing is that it's harder to get orbs since the affinity rewards aren't near as great in JP.

CommonWriter

UncommonlyGoodListener
I still stayed around for about 3 hours in the line but I gave up. Pretty bad organization, I think Mixi will get in trouble for this.

Luckily, they've released 15 apology orbs so far, and I think are bringing a guaranteed 5 star gacha around (if I read that correctly) to apologize for MonFes.

the na staff has gotten better in not having bugs and what not in the game anymore

we haven't had an apology orb in such a while

those were the good old days

Caustic

Neo Member
This game.
So mean to solo players.
So mean.

Whenever there's a choice between two quests to run, I just go with whichever one actually has a useful helper available and ideally is useful for whichever quest I currently selected, since they have a habit of vanishing if I have to switch over to the other quest. Best Friend Option please.

fek

Got Cherry Winger in my free JP roll, really wanted her in EN instead but it's fine

This game.
So mean to solo players.
So mean.

Whenever there's a choice between two quests to run, I just go with whichever one actually has a useful helper available and ideally is useful for whichever quest I currently selected, since they have a habit of vanishing if I have to switch over to the other quest. Best Friend Option please.
Not the ideal solution but you can leave the last bonus stage unfinished and start it with a friend you don't need at the moment and then quit the stage. That will remove that friend from the list and give you someone different for the cost of 1 stamina

chrono01

I'd like to know what's taking so long. Was it the same way in the Japanese release? I need to see if I can manage my FemLucifer. :(

I'd like to know what's taking so long. Was it the same way in the Japanese release? I need to see if I can manage my FemLucifer. :(

I think in Japan all the angels were released together(Uriel, Luci, that other one).

I mean, it's obvious that it's a way to make more money(Separating all the angels and putting them in hatchers where they're the only new ones) since we know they're all pretty good.

chrono01

I think in Japan all the angels were released together(Uriel, Luci, that other one).

I mean, it's obvious that it's a way to make more money(Separating all the angels and putting them in hatchers where they're the only new ones) since we know they're all pretty good.
That saddens me. :/

uh no

Lucy came out as part of the 2015 new years celebration event

we might get it at the 1 million downloads celebration event or one year anniversary

she's a big thing so they are saving her for a big event

and the angels were not released in a hatcher by themselves

hell, global released all three musketeers in one hatcher while japan had them in three different ones

chrono01

uh no

we might get it at the 1 million downloads celebration event or one year anniversary

hell, global released all three musketeers in one hatcher while japan had them in three different ones
Good to know! Things are about on-track then. I'll continue to be patient, she seems to be someone worth waiting for.

Good to know! Things are about on-track then. I'll continue to be patient, she seems to be someone worth waiting for.

Pretty much, the only real thing global is behind on is the release of impossible quests vs new hatchers

Tsuki should have been out a lot earlier back but I guess considering much weaker the global userbase is, makes sense to release more powerful units for impossible quests

fek

At this point I'm actually glad we aren't getting Lucy yet
Maybe when she's released we will already have other powerful monsters like Goku, Romeo, Sakura, Ibaraki, etc so even if I don't get her maybe I will get some of these when I use all of my orbs on her

uh no

Oh, guess I heard wrong about Japan getting an angel hatcher.

FZZ

Banned
Idk the fact that we are getting Uri indicates that Lucy is going to come out pretty soon

I expect to see her in a hatcher by the end of September at most

Top Bottom