• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

More XBox layoffs incoming

Darsxx82

You didn't quote them directly and haven't scrolled back up to figure out who was being quoted but I'll take your word on whatever history of posts you are referring to here. I'm just saying that even Xbox journalists like Ryan McCaffrey expressed concern for NT after the last closures. This isn't something coming out of left field. At the same time, would it surprise me if warriors are using this to jab at Xbox? No.....not at all.

I repeat, one thing is the reactions and speculation after the announcements of the closure of Tango and Arkan Austin and how people turned their gaze towards NT for being the next Studio next to launch a game..... That made sense during that moment and announcement.

Another thing is that in each thread of layoffs, even not related to MS or Xbox, the same people always have the need to make a typical reference to a possible closure of NT.

You don't have to have the same feelings as me and think that I see things that are not but, in that attitud, I clearly detect a special desire and obsession among some for the closure of NT to be announced. And I am clear that the attitude in this regard derives from the typical console war. We have a lot of potential Studios from EA, Embracer, TakeTwo, Ubi... candidates to be closed and yet we always see reference of one in particular when it comes to the topic of layoffs in the industry.

I really think that if MS announces the closure of some mobile game Studio or other small Studio and not NT, it will cause disappointment to some, but that disappointment or sadness will not come from for the personal and vital damages of the workers involved in the the layoffs themselves. And I think that is very sad.

PS. Ryan McCaffrey reacting to something ..... I don't think is anyone's best reference. He is like Jez Corden but in redhead and slim version.Guys overreacting with tweets looking for mentions and clicks to monetize through that aforementioned console war.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
No, I meant Ryan (IGN). I don't know, I always had the feeling of being redhead😂😂.

Maybe a tinge of red there...lol

U4KvxVKS_400x400.jpg

Mr Moose

March 9th 2021.
March 9th 2021 was 3 years, 3 months and 24 days ago

Its pretty much a corpo mandate to put pronouns in bios for easy identification......you dont want to accidentally say She when the person identifies as a He or They or whatever (its effectively getting in before the problem, misgendering someone even on Twitter can cause so much unnecessary backlash that its easier to just know what the person wants to be called and keep it at that)
As for controlling colored hair..........mate, that crazier than the people on team woke who you think are trying to thought police you.

We'd also be losing one of the baddest baddies in GameDev who always colors her hair.
@Thick Thighs Save Lives should be proud.

EwPNuJS.jpeg

9e5EI1v.jpeg

You can reverse image search if you want to find her.
mel brooks we aint found shit GIF

bumpkin

Senior Business PM of Culture Programs, support culture initiatives and employee programs across Team Xbox.
So, a useless position that brought the company no revenue. Culture doesn’t pay paychecks.

It’s like someone who works as a “social media manager” getting canned. Everyone knows how to use FB and Twitter. Not much value there.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
So all this talk is based on one person being laid off? Think Tom Warren may have jumped the gun here.
Nevermind. Seems there have been more.

"Throughout the past 24 hours, several people have taken to social media to announce that they have faced layoffs at Microsoft.

It’s currently unclear the exact number of those affected or if they’re part of the 1500 estimated to be laid off in June. Insider Gaming has found four people announcing their departure from the company.

Angela Viness, a Senior Product Manager at Microsoft wrote, “Hello friends – In light of the recent layoffs at Microsoft, my position was eliminated, and I am now on the lookout for my next career adventure. It was an incredible ride and I’m extremely grateful for the opportunities I was given.”

While Jessabirdy on X (formerly Twitter) said, “Sad to announce that my role with Microsoft has been eliminated. To all those who have been a part of Team Xbox. Thank you. Hope I made you proud. <3”

Cory Ebert, a Technical Program Manager said, “Well, this isn’t how I thought today would go. After nearly 15 years (seriously, two months shy), Microsoft has made the decision to end our working relationship effective immediately due to changes in the business direction and landscape.”"

Last edited:

nial

And we have people asking why western gaming is in colapse.

We have a bunch of people that not even work with games at all. Just spend all this time on social media and call a day. Is impressive.
The social manager at @Atlus_jp isn't a game developer either. Your point?

Last edited:

Negotiator101

Gold Member
If they're eliminating parasitic positions like that that offer nothing to the company or society in general I have no problem with it, if they're firing developers, programmers and artists fuck them
I think in all fairness you should not describe "layoffs" as firing. These are two very different things and one is due to gross misconduct in the workplace generally.

simpatico

Close 343 and The Coalition to save the rest of the devs. Pass off Gears E-Day to Epic proper and hope irrecoverable damage has not already been done. The trailer looks great, but after 4 and 5 I have so little faith in their writing team.

Angry_Megalodon

Gold Member
If they're eliminating parasitic positions like that that offer nothing to the company or society in general I have no problem with it, if they're firing developers, programmers and artists fuck them

The titles of these fake positions are fucking ridiculous, pretty much like those governmental agencies created to hire friends and family.

And I'm sure their job grades are pretty high, too. Outrageous.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Knowing MS, they will keep those people and fire everyone else.
MS clearly doesn't know what they are doing. They are coasting on decades of prior success in the PC sector with more and more idiotic and blatantly authoritarian concepts being pushed. Win 11 is much slower on the uptake, Xbox has basically fucking died and they gave up to go third party - This is the same company that kept releasing trash title after trash title without fixing the issues within their own studios.

Of course they will keep the mentally deranged and wholly incompetent Pro-Racist Pro-DEI folks.

Top Bottom