• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I never thought a modern day fighting game could have an online mode worse than MvC3 but I was wrong.

NetherRealm dun goof'd. The lag and random disconnects make it completely unplayable online. Awful.

Cerrius said:
I never thought a modern day fighting game could have an online mode worse than MvC3 but I was wrong.

NetherRealm dun goof'd. The lag and random disconnects make it completely unplayable online.

How are people having such difficulties with the MP? Other than KOTH it has been flawless.

kpeezy

Banned
I clicked on this thread pretty interested after being hit by nostalgia but holy shit that the OP is absurdly long. Guess I'll google some screenshots or something.

kpeezy said:
I clicked on this thread pretty interested after being hit by nostalgia but holy shit that the OP is absurdly long. Guess I'll google some screenshots or something.

If only there was a "Table of Kontents" section or something...oh wait.

not sure if it's auto update from neverrealm or not but my ermac combo seems to be doing less total damage :eek: clever girl...

Sub_Level said:
Even though he looks like John Cena and is just an awful character to look at, I love playing as Stryker. The sound of the baton in the xray and his gun are so fun to use.
That hollow clonk when the baton hits someones jaw makes picking him and his xray 100% worth the time.

Busted!

Anyone else find it disappointing there's no exhibition type mode against the AI where you can pick your character, your opponent and your stage?

depths20XX

cuevas said:
How are people having such difficulties with the MP? Other than KOTH it has been flawless.

Seems like online isn't even worth the time for me. Getting like 3 games in on ranked in 30 minutes is pathetic. Is player match better? It's not fun when these big damage combos you learn in training can't even be pulled off in a match because theres 2-3 second delay on your inputs.

It's the worst online I've seen since early Tekken 6 and KoFXII

Struct09

Cerrius said:

NetherRealm dun goof'd. The lag and random disconnects make it completely unplayable online. Awful.

Guess I've been lucky then. No disconnects yet, and aside from the occasional lag (to be expected in any game) it's been pretty smooth.

Ranked matches aren't working for me though, I've been playing against friends and using lobbies.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Neuromancer said:
Anyone else find it disappointing there's no exhibition type mode against the AI where you can pick your character, your opponent and your stage?

Seraphis Cain said:
I would pay SO MUCH for a VS CPU mode. Seriously. Not even kidding.

DO YOU HEAR ME, BOON?

Yeah, disappointed with that myself.

We need to start bugging Boon on Twitter.

tim1138

Finished Story mode today, god damn was
Shao Kahn
a pain in the ass. Gotta love how Raiden
pretty much screwed everything up and had no general idea what he was doing. I got a chuckle out of Cage saying "Oh wait, is it time to mess up someone else's life now?

I still have a ton of the challenges to do and about half the Krypt to unlock as well. Man I love this game.

MThanded said:
lmao at dat green screen bracket

Fools are betting on this. Godlike

It's not real bets, if you bet on the winner you get a free copy of various games. (of all those who bet on the winner they select random people)

Squall ASF said:
So no one answered my question on what zoning is, can someone explain it to me? is it basically map control?
in SF games you can zone somene by using ryu's fireballs to pin them down, they jump you counter with an air attack, they don't jump you have them pinned by fireballs.

So yeah it's map control, you are limiting their moments to a zone or whatever, there is more too it but that's the general concept.

In this game though so many people can teleport that you can't corner trap them, or you make it so they do tele and then punish them as they do so.

Squall ASF said:
So no one answered my question on what zoning is, can someone explain it to me? is it basically map control?
In a nutshell, yes. It's basically controlling space and keeping your opponent from getting too close to you.

Khezu

depths20XX said:
Seems like online isn't even worth the time for me. Getting like 3 games in on ranked in 30 minutes is pathetic. Is player match better? It's not fun when these big damage combos you learn in training can't even be pulled off in a match because theres 2-3 second delay on your inputs.

It's the worst online I've seen since early Tekken 6 and KoFXII

Its far easier to just go in a room and challenge people then bother with the matchmaking.
Lag still makes it un pleasant to play though.

Carnby

Sub_Level said:
Even though he looks like John Cena and is just an awful character to look at, I love playing as Stryker. The sound of the baton in the xray and his gun are so fun to use.

"Sticking your tounge out... spitting... bet your momma's real proud." -Stryker.

He talks like John Cena too.

If you guys want exhibition mode to go to training set the ai to auto and difficulty to expert, or whatever your comfortable with, press Y (on 360) to choose stage before character select.

CoachKevin said:
Mortal Kombat is now my favorite fighting game ever.

The Story mode is nothing short of amazing.

Everytime I move on to a character it takes me a match or two to learn their moves. By the time I switch characters, I already become attached to the old one.

So far Smoke has been the most fun to fight with.

The best part of this is that I haven't even scratched the surface or gone online.

I love the game and am finally getting used to the combo's and advanced play. But I still have to give Soul Caliber my nod as my favorite fighting game.

It does seem like MK is more balanced than Soul Caliber though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Squall ASF said:

Good example of zoning in one of my SFIV matches. The character (Dhalsim) is purely a zoning character.

http://www.justin.tv/kadeybaybe/b/283962139

Notice how I'm always trying to stay at mid to long range. One my opponent gets in, you can see what happens.

Zoning characters are so fun to play with but harder to win with.

As for MK. No character is purely a zoning character but the strategies involved require zoning. It's a matter of staying out of range of your opponent but being able to land your hits and combos. Of course, it works both ways.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Whitttttttta!!!!!!!
StarWars_vader_noooo-thumb-550x378-32922.jpg

So I haven't gotten it yet, but what's the deal? In this topic I've seen back and forth between people saying the onlines KOF12 level bad, and others saying its fine, like SF4s. So what the hell?

Snapshot King said:
So I haven't gotten it yet, but what's the deal? In this topic I've seen back and forth between people saying the onlines KOF12 level bad, and others saying its fine, like SF4s. So what the hell?
Ranked play is balls and you cant really find games that way, going into rooms and challenging or accepting challenges are the best way to get decent lag games.

xero273

Pookaki said:
Retail PS3's have HDCP enabled ALL the time. I dont think that will work. The PS3 will not pump a video signal through the capture card if it does not find a secure HDCP link.

It works. I use that card to do recording from ps3. You just have to use older drivers and can't record via avermedia's software. For me, I use adobe live media encoder to do the recording.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Pookaki said:
Retail PS3's have HDCP enabled ALL the time. I dont think that will work. The PS3 will not pump a video signal through the capture card if it does not find a secure HDCP link.
People record streams from ps3 all the time.

Damn that was a clutch match

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
I haven't touched this yet, but I've got some friends coming over and am pretty hyped to check it out. Shame about the online, that's a real bummer considering all the assurances that were given.

Anyway, I'm wondering what button config people with TE's are using. Is the default one good enough? I remember old mk cabinets had a number 5 die button layout. I hope it's not tough to use a block button again.

Fantasmo

Still doing Challenge Tower. At level 251 or so. Bad news for all you guys who hate Shao Kahn. I've fought at least 10 of him and while it's somewhat easier early on, he eventually gets harder and harder.

I'm at the point where an Uppercut or Jumping punch into Uppercut hurts him only 5% and he frequently uses the overhead hammer.

Oh yeah, there are 2 enemies before him in this particular challenge and they only give you 50% health back per kill and the character I'm forced to use has no teleport.

Enjoy ;)

Yay. Got some poor sap on craigslist to buy this game off me for full price. Maybe it's sold out in his area.

Man, what a disappointing pile of fail.

God's speed, those of you who are enjoying yourself. I wish I had your patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom