• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd pay a lot of $$$ for that human Reptile they show in the artbook. Holy hell it's sssexy.

Also... am I the only one who has taken the fact that the KE strat guide's kontent was a fucking lie so harshly? Seriously, I still feel burned AND feel like burning their facility. Such a ripoff. I should write and demand my money back.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
I'd pay a lot of $$$ for that human Reptile they show in the artbook. Holy hell it's sssexy.

Also... am I the only one who has taken the fact that the KE strat guide's kontent was a fucking lie so harshly? Seriously, I still feel burned AND feel like burning their facility. Such a ripoff. I should write and demand my money back.
Can Reptile even read or write? ;)

I feel sort of sad that this may be one of the first MK games I've played where my first main isn't Sub-Zero.

Considering checking out Cyber Sub-Zero in his stead, but current front runners for "I want to learn" are:

Reptile
Smoke
Ermac

Irish

pantyhelmet said:
WHAT THE FRAICK'N FRACK??!! YOU CAN DO ONE ROUND??!!

Yeah, it's in the options menu. Also in that menu is the ability to change the story mode's difficulty. I wish I had known that before I 'beasted' Shao Kahn's ass on normal w/ Raiden.

Rattles

Harpuia said:
After seeing the prices of the classic costumes on Ebay, I'm tempted to save my Kitana costume and sell it..
Might be best to sell it now while hype is up And no signs of it going up on the ps store or xbl.

Irish said:
What does he look like?
He has the similar added detail as Scorpion and Subby. His under gament is green and scaly with green, metallic armor/insignias. Over that is a black "V" and hanging cloth with green embroidery. His hood and mask look like the UMK3 ninja design. Leg guards are green and metallic while his arm bands/gauntlets(?) are black cloth wrapped around several times.

G-Fex

This guy disconnected earlier when I beat his sub-zero with Cyrax.

I sent him a message.

"Here's your sub-zero.....Now PLAIN ZERO"

Harpuia said:
After seeing the prices of the classic costumes on Ebay, I'm tempted to save my Kitana costume and sell it..

Sell now, before availability is confirmed on PSN/XBL.
Once hype dies down and it's announced as DLC for everyone, prices will bottom out.

G-Fex said:
This guy disconnected earlier when I beat his sub-zero with Cyrax.

I sent him a message.

"Here's your sub-zero.....Now PLAIN ZERO"

Nice Running Man reference. :lol

Irish said:
Yeah, it's in the options menu. Also in that menu is the ability to change the story mode's difficulty. I wish I had known that before I 'beasted' Shao Kahn's ass on normal w/ Raiden.
STORY MODE TOO??!! are you fracking kidding me? i had to learn to put the hurt on him on the default difficulty too..when all is said and done though the feeling after beating it all was so much more profound due to not turning it down to wussy mode, so maybe it was for the best..

Teknoman

Damn Kung Lao is amazing. I like playing with everyone, but I might have to main Smoke and Kung Lao. Ugh, too many people that are fun to play as...never going to remember all these fatalities.

Fox Mulder

I just got the game on the 360 and love it, but my controller is making my guy jump on his own. I wish the shitty ass dpad was worth a damn or I'd use that.

Guess I gotta drop money on another controller because it's pissing me off.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
This easily has the best single-player story mode in a fighter ever and has set a new benchmark. Why has there not been a separate thread made to celebrate this landmark?

DailyVacation

Neo Member
bkfount said:
I just got the game on the 360 and love it, but my controller is making my guy jump on his own. I wish the shitty ass dpad was worth a damn or I'd use that.

Guess I gotta drop money on another controller because it's pissing me off.

Get the Street Fighter or WWE All-Stars fightpad for sheer accuracy on the 360. You'll easily smoke those noobs struggling with the 360 controller.

Teknoman

Professor Beef said:
Servers are hosted in Outworld, perhaps?

But outworld doesnt have technology. Magic servers?

XiaNaphryz said:
This easily has the best single-player story mode in a fighter ever and has set a new benchmark. Why has there not been a separate thread made to celebrate this landmark?

There is. The spoiler thread (sorta).

Having now played on both systems (the Whiskey Media tournament was on PS3) I think I can safely say that the PS3 controller is better suited to this game. You're much more likely to hit the correct direction sequences required for combos on the D-pad when the pad is made up of the PS3's four discrete buttons rather than the all-in-one rocker on the 360. And I'm playing on the new improved 360 pad with the dialable d-pad that separates out the cardinal directions. Too often I'll find myself trying to do a down-left type move and the game has me JUMPING UP. Something ain't right.

EDIT: why is combo with a k banned?

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
henhowc said:
I haven't been able to get a stick setup that feels comfortable to me yet on my SF4 TE. I wish they'd let you either map block to multiple buttons or allow you to map a button to have no input. Prefer to have the block in the middle like the old MK arcade setup.

I don't play tag mode so I don't need that button at all. Throw and stance change buttons also seem unnecessary since there are alternate commands for throwing and x-ray that are harder for you to hit accidentally.
I'm convinced this game was designed for pads. None of the motion inputs "take advantage" of the stick and the B, B, F or F, F sort of inputs are easier on a d-pad. Also, the block button feels far less awkward as a trigger.

You'll have to pry my stick from my hands for Marvel or Street Fighter, but I much prefer a pad for Mortal Kombat.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
What's the easiest way to earn koins?

vitaminwateryum said:
Playing through the story mode will net you around 100-110k. Not sure what the best way is aside from that.

Complete story mode and most of the challenge tower and you should have more than enough to purchase everything in the Krypt.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
vitaminwateryum said:
Playing through the story mode will net you around 100-110k. Not sure what the best way is aside from that.
Do you get less koins when you go through story mode a second time? I'm only earning, like, 10 koins a match now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom