• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teknopathetic said:
"I love this game to death, but the online is ass. Is anyone having any problems with the Live version?"

People are having problems with both versions. The netcode is terrible on both platforms (when PSN is actually up).

On my 360 in my room using wireless g, there was enough lag that blocking becomes worthless because of it. On my 360 in my family room wired directly to my router, its perfectly fine against my other friends who are playing the game. And this was in KOTH mode.

To settle the stick/pad debate because it's been done a million times before:

You can be good on stick or pad, especially in MK. However, sticks do have the advantage of being easier on your hands, simply because stick motions use a combination of several muscles and parts in the body, compared to only using your thumb on a pad. Likewise, having the buttons spread out can make button combinations easier.

"On my 360 in my room using wireless g, there was enough lag that blocking becomes worthless because of it. On my 360 in my family room wired directly to my router, its perfectly fine against my other friends who are playing the game. And this was in KOTH mode."

It's funny, I've not actually had problems blocking online. Everything feels underwater and shitty, though. Also, combo timing goes a bit out the window. It's just a bad experience.

weepy said:
I love this game to death, but the online is ass. Is anyone having any problems with the Live version?

I concur. I love everything about the game, but holy fuck does the netcode make the game unplayable online.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
online is teh suck anyhow.

nothing like going to a friends house and playing mk with a bunch of people. test your luck was practically made for that reason.

alstein

I must be the only one having a decent experience (sometimes)

I just don't think the netcode is THAT bad- though it does stand improvement.

This isn't KOF12 or SC4.

Hopefully NRS fixes it, it's the biggest flaw in the game right now.

Dacvak

No one shall be brought before our LORD David Bowie without the true and secret knowledge of the Photoshop. For in that time, so shall He appear.
Can you unlock klassic scorp/sub/reptile without having those preorder codes?

Also, how do you unlock stage fatalities? (And where can I get a list of which stages have fatalities?)

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I find it odd the lack of a single player skirmish mode on here.

There's no way to just do a regular match against the computer where you can pick the characters and stage. You have to do Ladder every time.

Pengew

Dacvak said:
I wish there were a way to export some of this art. I really want that scorpion reveal render as my desktop background.

I know, I have been trying to get artwork for this game but not having much luck. Something I don't understand was why they didn't use this artwork for the character select portraits. I hate the stiff 3d model character portraits they used.

I was mega hyped for this game. It's taken me 72 hours to break the denial, but I'm there now: the online component on this game is absolutely terrible. What a bummer.

njean777

Does anybody else hate the tag battles in the story mode? I dont mind the story it is MK but these tag battles are complete bull. Especially when I play with a character I just dont like. I had a heck of a time with Kitana and Stryker. I wish they would have given you a partner or ended the battle when you KO'ed one of them.

Glass Joe

njean777 said:
Does anybody else hate the tag battles in the story mode? I dont mind the story it is MK but these tag battles are complete bull. Especially when I play with a character I just dont like. I had a heck of a time with Kitana and Stryker. I wish they would have given you a partner or ended the battle when you KO'ed one of them.

The 1 vs 2 tag battles are an homage to the endurance matches of the first Mortal Kombats. And far less brutal difficulty-wise, I might add. If you lose, spend the matches (or ladder) to learn your fighter better.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Whoever decided that the krypt was a good idea in its current state should die a horrible death. Ridiculously tedious. What a waste of time...

Glass Joe

henhowc said:
Whoever decided that the krypt was a good idea in its current state should die a horrible death. Ridiculously tedious. What a waste of time...

Agree 100%. I wanted my koins to go to exclusive videos and historical content. Instead it's just unlocking stuff that you can accomplish in other modes, plus art from the current game. With the new MK being all about fan service, I'm amazed they didn't focus on the series' rich history at all. Sort of a fail, especially when you consider how awesome Deadly Alliance's krypt was.

"LOL you wouldn't happen to also be interested in kabal as well would you? xD"

Nah, Kabal is all yours. You just keep your mitts off Ermac and Shang Tsung.

Khezu

Anyanka said:
The infinites from the demo and pre patch or something new?

The only other infinite I know of is the quan chi one discovered by brady, I supposed it would be an easy fix, but better to be safe then sorry and just completely nerf him into uselessness so no one will ever use him ever again and I won't have to see his ugly bald face anymore.

Railer

Finished the story mode last night and i really enjoyed it. Some fights were a tad annoying, but managed to get through most of them after a few tries.

So i got a question about babalities. Is there a special circumstance where i can use them, or do you just use them when they say "finish him" ? I tried doing Nightwolf's babality in the fatality trainer, but i just didn't seem to make it work.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
zoner said:
I find it odd the lack of a single player skirmish mode on here.

There's no way to just do a regular match against the computer where you can pick the characters and stage. You have to do Ladder every time.

Like I've been telling others who have noticed this, bug Boon/NRS on Twitter about it. This is something that shouldn't be missing from fighters in 2011 (I'm looking at you too, MvC3).

DRE Fei

This game is awesome in many ways, but horrible online. I tried to join so many rooms today only to be disconnected or have the game freeze. When I do finally play a match it's laggy as hell. So much potential down the drain.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Kang's X-Ray kind of sucks.

It's easy to block, and it seems to do piddly damage compared to others. I'd rather just save it for enhanced bicycle kicks

Seraphis Cain said:
Like I've been telling others who have noticed this, bug Boon/NRS on Twitter about it. This is something that shouldn't be missing from fighters in 2011 (I'm looking at you too, MvC3).

It's in MvC3. It's just done in a weird way. You have go to training and set a timer. This is why the game asks for AI settings before you even get to the stage.

It's not in MK at all though.

scoot3r

Smoke's my dude. i used him in the tournament monday night at gamestop and made it to the finals. Havent quit using him yet!

"It's easy to block, and it seems to do piddly damage compared to others. I'd rather just save it for enhanced bicycle kicks"

The idea is to use it in combos, not to just use it thinking it's a get out of jail free card. Most X-rays are "easy to block." You can also continue comboing after it, which is why it does less damage than most.

Lovely ermac damage but damn if I could do that online lol. I've been working on some more simple combos to use online so I'm only doing 22 to 38 percents, i love ermacs moveset in this game.

*edit* fucking ipod touch auto correct lol

ZoddGutts said:
It's probably been mentioned already but if not. NRS has been doing stealth updates to the game, fixing infinite combo's and other glitches. No patches needed. All you need to do is log online.
I noticed this last night, some of ermacs combos I was using were dropped about 8% in damage, he had a straight forward 40%+ but now it comes out at around 32%, for the better really.

Kweh

Rygar 8 Bit said:
Shao Kahn in story mode is freaking broken to shit doesnt help you have to use Raiden :(

All you have to do is Teleport whenever he swings at you and just sweep or uppercut him. Rinse and repeat.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
Kweh said:
All you have to do is Teleport whenever he swings at you and just sweep or uppercut him. Rinse and repeat.

Every time I teleport in he dose that overhead smash with his hammer the one where he's also immune to knock down then fucks my shit up with a double shoulder charge

ptown

QisTopTier said:
Also is it just me or does Sonya seem a bit .... godlike in this game >.>

Been messing with Sonya a lot in training mode.

Specials wise, Sonya's military stance and dive kick seem pretty interesting to say the least.

Rygar 8 Bit said:
Shao Kahn in story mode is freaking broken to shit doesnt help you have to use Raiden :(

1) Do a combo or knock him down somehow.
2) Wait for his wake up move.
3) Block it or just step out of its range before.
4) Punish with combo.
5) Repeat from #2.

Worked really well for me.

He doesn't seem to block after a lot of his moves.

I hope we get some alts for the characters shown in the ladder endings, like cages new setup, liu kangs and Raiden's black armour from the intro of story mode and so on, would be cool as a dlc pack.

Rygar 8 Bit said:
Every time I teleport in he dose that overhead smash with his hammer the one where he's also immune to knock down then fucks my shit up with a double shoulder charge
Immune to moves but not immune to uppercuts. Uppercut your way to victory. He's also immune when he throws a weapon like a spear or a weapon so teleport when he does and uppercut his ass.

Atruvius

I have noticed that when you lose three times to Shao Khan in the ladder mode, he becomes much easier to defeat. He starts doing taunts over and over and doesn't do any 3 hit combos. I guess that happens with every opponent too.

This game has become a bit frustrating. I pick characters who I think I'll stick with. I go training to learn his moves. After I think I have learned the characters moves I go to ladder mode and I get my ass kicked. I guess Scorpion is the one for me. :/

Dacvak said:
Fuck the screamers in th krypt. :(
Does this happen more than once?! I turn the volume down when I go to the Krypt and was lucky to have been looking off to the side and saw one flash out of the corner of my eye. I thought I was spared...

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
It's when he flashes he's immune to any kind of knock back upper cuts and sweep kicks do nothing I'm still tryn on him I can beat him just not twice in a row :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom