• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teknoman

Neuromancer said:
Ok thanks guys. That was really strange. I had a witness though (my wife) so I knew I wasn't crazy!

What's the significance of that guy popping up? Is it like a running gag?

Edit: just looked it up, pretty funny

Link

Apparently you can unlock something with the proper button combo/match set up when he pops up.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
Snapshot King said:
You can't possibly be telling me that it plays better on a 360 pad than on a stick. That's just nonsense.
Anyone dumb enough to use the 360 d-pad at this point deserves what they get. The only reason I bought MK on PS3 was so I could have a usable d-pad.

DjangoReinhardt said:
Anyone dumb enough to use the 360 d-pad at this point deserves what they get. The only reason I bought MK on PS3 was so I could have a usable d-pad.
I use a fight pad and it works really well with this game, just a shame my pad has 'gief on it instead of sub-zero :p

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I tried this game with my stick but I feel like its a lot better suited to the controller(PS3).Every other fighting game I always use my VSHG but does not feel right on this one. Not going to buy an MK stick so I can use it on this one game either.

Anyone else been playing as Jade? I've been practicing with her a ton and was wondering if anyone's been successful with her online (I can't tell since PSN has been down).

PaddyOCanager said:
Anyone else been playing as Jade? I've been practicing with her a ton and was wondering if anyone's been successful with her online (I can't tell since PSN has been down).
You need cheap teleports and instant attacks to be good online, seriously.

Ninja Scooter said:
is there any consensus on the strategy guide? It'd be nice to have all the combos/moves/fatalities at the ready instead of having to pause.
No frame data, attack damages, and there are a good number of errors in move and fatality inputs. I can do without the frame data and damages since those can change upon a patch but getting the inputs wrong? Ugh.

masumo

has anyone encountered these bugs in game:
1) screen going black for a few seconds randomly
2) speech stuttering during cut scenes

I'm trying to figure out if I'm having problems with my disc or if its the game itself. Thanks!

Gary Whitta said:
We have a new GIANT BOMB room up but yeah, the online is sucking shit through a straw right now.
GG to giantbombing but I came thought at the end :)

Have to say the lag was really good there for an oversea match, nice.

Master Thespian said:
No frame data, attack damages, and there are a good number of errors in move and fatality inputs. I can do without the frame data and damages since those can change upon a patch but getting the inputs wrong? Ugh.

yeah the inputs are a deal breaker? How bad/widespread are the errors?

kaskade

I think watching that Whiskey Media tourney sold me on the game. The characters all look awesome. I was a little worried about buying it since I have no friends(that play MK). I didn't want to be bored with it in a week. It seems like the story mode is pretty damn awesome though from the reviews I was reading. I never even think about story in a fighting game. Would be nice if the 360 demo came out. I would like to see how it feels compared to the ps3 version.

notworksafe

Justin.tv is nice for watching video streams but am I the only one who constantly activates the "hover over this" ads by accident? It's annoying as hell.

Myomoto

notworksafe said:
Justin.tv is nice for watching video streams but am I the only one who constantly activates the "hover over this" ads by accident? It's annoying as hell.

I don't even see any of those :S

Kimosabae

Banned
notworksafe said:

If Jtv was a tangible object, I'd launch it out of my apartment window everytime this happened.

So irritating.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
notworksafe said:
you are the only one.

KingOfKong said:
people sure are nuts for the classic skins. i threw up my reptile code on craigslist for $30 and somebody bought it. classic skins are serious business!
damn right son, my mk1 fan inside me drools as the classic ninja.

notworksafe

Snapshot King said:
Adblock buddy. Never look back.
Yeah, I should look into that. I would just have it allow all ads by default and only block on a case by case basis. Just annoying, loud, obnoxious ads though. The rest of them I don't mind. The internet has to be paid for somehow.

notworksafe

Snapshot King said:
Why? Does it screw up somethin for the layouts or whatevs?
If you mention adblocking GAF ads your tenure here becomes quite a bit shorter.

I just never bothered with adblocking because my internet speed is fast enough to compensate and most places and have gotten rid of auto-sound-playing ads because they are awful. Justin.tv is the only place I see them anymore.

Bleepey

I never use Adblock, i like the fact shit is free on the interet and ads support the sites i visit. Ads sure that things like GAF gold are not needed.

Irish

Bleepey said:
I never use Adblock, i like the fact shit is free on the interet and ads support the sites i visit. Ads sure that things like GAF gold are not needed.

I feel the same way for the most part. I just can't stand watching a certain playlist on youtube and having to watch an 30 second ad for a 15 second clip or whatever.

I wish PSN would come back up. I'd like to try out the online sometime this week.

notworksafe

@Snapshot I'm sure it'll be archived for viewing afterwards. They are good about doing that.

And yeah...I want online on PSN too. I was considering getting a month of Gold but it doesn't sound like netcode is up to snuff, so I'll just be patient. Hopefully PSN GAF has some headset wearers. I dislike text chat with the controller.

EvaTType01

Neo Member
masumo said:
has anyone encountered these bugs in game:
1) screen going black for a few seconds randomly
2) speech stuttering during cut scenes

I'm trying to figure out if I'm having problems with my disc or if its the game itself. Thanks!

i have encountered out of sync voices during story mode during the final moments of the game, other than that no video/audio problems. well, other than the ps3 version gamma being set to high, lowered it down a bit and now the colors/detail dont seem too washed out.

i have a kontroller problem, it seems that some of the on-screen inputs do not match your own personal-set buttons, my solution was to go back to original pre-set, weird. hope they fix this issue, i cant use kratos properly.....

Fooking shao kahn I hate his immunity to most attack strings, goro is manageable due to being a dum minded minion but shao is just ugh.
Gary Whitta said:
We gave up trying to play King of the Hill, online is just too shitty right now. I doubt the free Xbox Live weekend is helping matters!
honestly VS is where it's at right now, make sure the opponent has 4 green ping dots and it should be smooth, I find no matter who is in a koth match they only get 3 dots, due to streaming data to everyone I guess.

When you get a good connection with someone the game is so Godlike! Just had like 20 games with this guy with barely any lag, so damn good.

Oh and Scorpion's shitty noob chain is balls!

G-Fex

Shao Khan was the easiest to beat with Cyrax.

I just kept teleporting behind him and comboing a bit before teleporting again, then netting him and so on.

shuri

Banned
This is the first game where I consider the online segment to be completely unacceptable. I am sure they are working on this but it's unacceptable.

shuri

Banned
I wish we had a choice of ladder like in MK3 for the arcade mode.. the ladder is too short; i wish we could do things like have endurance matches or fight Goro and Kintaro together.

What are the best assists in the game do you guys think?

Noob Saibot EX Shadow Ball = removes their ability to block
Sektor EX Missile = homing attack
Jax EX ground pound = fullscreen unblockable

Personally I like using Cyrax/Sektor, laying bombs then calling the EX Missile Assist for when they jump.

Anyone who has great anti-airs can benefit from Jax's ground pound as well. Scorpion, Saibot, Smoke.

shuri said:
I wish we had a choice of ladder like in MK3 for the arcade mode.. the ladder is too short; i wish we could do things like have endurance matches or fight Goro and Kintaro together.
Ultimate Mortal Kombat will fix that :p

I'd love to see a meaty DLC expansion to add multiple ladders, new 3rd alts, classics and some missing mk stages, would pay a lot!

notworksafe

God's Beard said:
What are the best assists in the game do you guys think?

Noob Saibot EX Shadow Ball = removes their ability to block
Sektor EX Missile = homing attack
Jax EX ground pound = fullscreen unblockable

Personally I like using Cyrax/Sektor, laying bombs then calling the EX Missile Assist for when they jump.

Anyone who has great anti-airs can benefit from Jax's ground pound as well. Scorpion, Saibot, Smoke.
I've yet to even play tag mode. I guess I'll have to try it out soon. Didn't know there was even good team synergy in it. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom