• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrayFoxPL

Unicorn said:
That's an amazing Human costume. Really hoping for a lot of DLC. lot of potential.

Probably too detailed? Maybe it caused problems visually. But yeah it's very badass.

I still want full lizard!

zlatko

Banned
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzDNVsYLZbI

Here's the basic Ermac combo I came up with and figured I'd share it with the internets.

He's so fucking god damn good in this game it's retarded. This combo is brain dead easy and does 43% damage anywhere on screen if you start with a jump punch, minus the jump punch it's 40% clean. Throw in meter to bust it up to 50%, or toss in an X-Ray to make them regret ever fighting you.

Ermac is god tier.

notworksafe said:
At the moment, almost no one is a "high end" player. The game is just too new.
Well from what I can see they certainly seem to have a better handle on the advanced moves than me or most of the scrubs I've been playing with.

Dead

well not really...yet
Myomoto said:
I can't help but chuckle whenever I see it, so over the top.
As OTT as this stage atm, I love how bloody your characters get from it :lol

editL yeah, that Mileena was dann good

zlatko said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzDNVsYLZbI

Here's the basic Ermac combo I came up with and figured I'd share it with the internets.

He's so fucking god damn good in this game it's retarded. This combo is brain dead easy and does 43% damage anywhere on screen if you start with a jump punch, minus the jump punch it's 40% clean. Throw in meter to bust it up to 50%, or toss in an X-Ray to make them regret ever fighting you.

Ermac is god tier.
43 from that? hm, I do combos very similar to that but not getting that high. You been online lately in case there was any neverrealm balances behind the scenes to download?

notworksafe

Gary Whitta said:
Well from what I can see they certainly seem to have a better handle on the advanced moves than me or most of the scrubs I've been playing with.
That's the kind of thing that comes with playing fighting games, I think. A knack for learning combos and what goes with what a little faster than a "normal" player.

The cool thing to watch will be EVO. Imagine what these guys can come up with by June. It'll be exciting! And I'll be there getting my butt whupped by them! :p

zlatko

Banned
Diablohead said:
43 from that? hm, I do combos very similar to that but not getting that high. You been online lately in case there was any neverrealm balances behind the scenes to download?

I don't think there has been any patches yet download wise. I have only dinked around online a little bit----it's a bit too choppy to pull off combos consistently online. Plus trying to find ranked matches for me can take upwards for 3 minutes which is a first for me in any fighter because usually I get matches around the clock within seconds of searching.

I know a few other Ermac combos that also hit 40%, and some that hit up to 36% meterless. I need to start doing some corner only combos to see if I can break 70% clean which should be possible with him no problem.

I really hate Reptile's face. I like his MK1 costume a lot... but when I do the klassic fatality, his face somehow looks worse than the normal costume or even my memory of MKII. :|

GrayFoxPL

Fuck Noob looks almost as broken as in Trilogy.

Tiers starting to look similar Noob, Ermac we just need Rain and his easiest infinite under the sun, lol.

Hope I see at least one Liu Kang, Baraka and Raiden on the stream. I doubt it though. :|

Barrage

GrayFoxPL said:
Fuck Noob looks almost as broken as in Trilogy.

Tiers starting to look similar Noob, Ermac we just need Rain and his easiest infinite under the sun, lol.

Hope I see at least one Liu Kang, Baraka and Raiden on the stream. I doubt it though. :|

Nah. Noob owns characters without teleports no problem, but he's not on the level of Smoke, Ermac or Kung Lao.

Barrage said:
Nah. Noob owns characters without teleports no problem, but he's not on the level of Smoke, Ermac or Kung Lao.
Exactly. Unless people start finding crazy stuff with his block disabler, there's no way he's broken in 1v1.

Smoke, Ermac and Kung Lao are definitely looking like the early favorites for top tier.

Myomoto

Gary Whitta said:
I'm going to be looking for a new main since Sub-Zero feels too sluggish to me. Kung Lao looks pretty tasty.

Sub-Zero looks like a really defensive 'tricky' character, seems like he's meant to spend most of his time hanging out behind one of his ice clones.

RedSwirl

Macattk15 said:
Man. Kung Lao needs to kinda be nerfed.

Yeah. I'm still in the middle of story mode and after playing his chapter, he's kinda broke.

But still, this game is so great. This has completely rekindled my memories of playing MK2 and 3 on the SNES back in the day.

Macattk15

SolidSnakex said:
That still won't fix the lack of blocking that people are doing here. That's the big issue. That and they won't stop jumping right into his spin.

Yeah but that spin is just real stupid. Even when its blocked there is pretty much 0 time to punish. Almost no reason NOT to use it all the time.

Sblargh

Banned
I think Kung Lao is owning that much because he is the one character that can easily combo 30-50% on this first week. When people manage to get big combos with their favorite character, stuff will balance itself out (less safe spin wouldn't hurt, tho).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom