• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I saw it get punished a lot in the mirror match"

Yeah. Ermac also has the range to punish it with force push. No record so I can't see if you could punish with slam.

That Ermac keeps trying to rush down with a character that just does not have the tools for rush down. Against a character that most certainly does.

Beat the story mode. Come on DLC. I support it to its fullest with this game. Kostumes (Reptile... though I'd buy every single kostume for other kharacters as well), stages, kharacters, story pack. I'll gobble it all up.

Myomoto

I love the look of Ermac's moves, he's just throwing people all over the screen :D

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Beat the story mode. Come on DLC. I support it to its fullest with this game. Kostumes (Reptile... though I'd buy every single kostume for other kharacters as well), stages, kharacters, story pack. I'll gobble it all up.

Don't you mean DLK?

Ermac player is not using BF1 as kung lao double taps forward, also quicker recover if whiffed.

Myomoto said:
I love the look of Ermac's moves, he's just throwing people all over the screen :D
Ermac looks awesome in red classic too :D

GrayFoxPL

Sblargh said:
I think Kung Lao is owning that much because he is the one character that can easily combo 30-50% on this first week. When people manage to get big combos with their favorite character, stuff will balance itself out (less safe spin wouldn't hurt, tho).

Maybe spaming projectiles is the answer? Or is Kung Lao's teleport worse?

Teknoman

Cant you still mess up any Kung Lao that does a teleport without the grab? Just block the teleport attack. Also i'd think ducking would throw off anyone playing with him and just teleport attacking all over without timing.

zlatko

Banned
This Ermac just doesn't know how to properly punish or connect things together.

Every teleport he lands can be connected into a tele slam, into a jump kick teleport, then right into the force push. He can land that off of so much shit.

"I think Kung Lao is owning that much because he is the one character that can easily combo 30-50% on this first week"

Plenty of characters can easily combo 30-50% on the first week. Plenty of them. PLENTY OF THEM.

Doing 30% is not hard in this game for most of the cast.

And you can uppercut the Kung Lao teleports before they come out.

Sblargh

Banned
Thanks to the PSN, I really have no multiplayer experience with this game lol.
But if you know a character has a wake up launcher, damn, don't jump into him.

Sblargh said:
I think Kung Lao is owning that much because he is the one character that can easily combo 30-50% on this first week. When people manage to get big combos with their favorite character, stuff will balance itself out (less safe spin wouldn't hurt, tho).

No, it's because he has the fastest special in the game that interrupts basically anything and is safe on block, and he has the safest projectile in the game. On top of that, he has great 50/50s and resets, does a lot of chip damage and can punish at range with his dive kick and teleport.

mjc

On the challenge tower, can I skip some rounds and still get the achievement? I've heard you just need to beat the 300th challenge and you get it.

Sblargh

Banned
Yeah, ok, I have no idea what I am talking about. :p
Is just that he is the only one on this tournment that I am seeing pulling these combos. I know Ermac has big combos, but Ermacs here are not doing it for some reason; same with the Sonyas of this tournment.

mjc said:
On the challenge tower, can I skip some rounds and still get the achievement? I've heard you just need to beat the 300th challenge and you get it.

There are two achievements, one is for completing all the challenges, the other one is for getting the reward for finishing the tower, and, for this second one, you can just buy all the challenges that it doesn't matter.

"You sure? It isn't safe whiffed but on block it looks safe."

It isn't. As mentioned before Kung Lao was punishing it himself earlier with a dash in jab. If you have a special that is fast enough with enough range, you can punish it on block. Check TomBrady's guide on TestYourMight.

Frankfurt

Banned
Damn that human reptile alternate is amazing! Hope they release it as DLC...

BAW said:
There are some fantastic tits in this game. I can't stop looking at them. Anyone else feel the same?

*Raises hand*

Surprised to see so many people complain about them MK boobies. The three MK cosplay videos on the OP prove hueg silicone MK boobs can look good even in real life.

"Kung Lao is good but I think people are overrating him just a tad here. Neither spin or teleport are safe, for starters."

I think people are just overreacting to what's happening on the stream.

"Is there any reason they're just blocking the teleports instead of ducking and punishing?"

It's a new game and people haven't built up quite enough experience to punish some of these things on reaction. Still a learning phase.

Absoludacrous said:
Is there any reason they're just blocking the teleports instead of ducking and punishing?
being the finals I think muscle reaction has taken over for a lot of things, less flashy combos too.

G-Fex

Nightwolf is really awesome I just wish I could get better at him. I really love his knife combo move followed by his upwards axe launching move.

Finished Story Mode!
Shao Khan kept on kicking my ass. I decided to teleport, and use the uppercut until I kicked his ass. I Wonder if they'll continue the story with DLC because of the Shinnok ending.
Overall, I actually liked story mode a lot.

I also started on the challenge tower, and already completed up to 50. Loving the tower so far!

Shadowlink said:
Finished Story Mode!
Shao Khan kept on kicking my ass. I decided to teleport, and use the uppercut until I kicked his ass. I Wonder if they'll continue the story with DLC because of the Shinnok ending.
Overall, I actually liked story mode a lot.

I also started on the challenge tower, and already completed up to 50. Loving the tower so far!

I really think that they might
continue the story in an action spin-off game. Apparently, Warner Bros. wants this to be a multi-genre property, and not just a fighting game property

Barrage

The switch to MVC3 in the stream immediately lost 1,000 viewers. MK9 is the fighting game to watch (at least in Week 1)..

Teknoman

canadian crowe said:
continue the story in an action spin-off game. Apparently, Warner Bros. wants this to be a multi-genre property, and not just a fighting game property

A Shaolin Monks 2 with this quality of audio and visual polish would be amazing.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Teknoman said:
A Shaolin Monks 2 with this quality of audio and visual polish would be amazing.

Yea, the backgrounds in MK9 are among the coolest looking game environments I've ever seen. I'd love to be able to freely run around them and explore.

TreIII

canadian crowe said:

True that. But in any case, I'm thinking that an action-game would likely be a "side-story" of sorts that may set-up for a future arc in the fighting game series (whether it be DLC episode or what have you). Not unlike how Sub-Zero Mythos was basically a back-story game that set-up for Quan Chi and Shinnok's arc in MK4 years ago.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Outside of the shit netcode, my biggest gripe about this game is no dummy record function in training mode. What the fuck.

Anyway, been playing jade. She seems pretty beastly so far. Pretty much a solid character all around. Anybody know what ex shadow flash does though? Seems like it gave Hsien-Ko-like hyper armor when I fought a CPU that put that up.

zoner said:
Scorpion, Kung Lao, Noob, Smoke, and Sub Zero I've run into more than any other.

Esp Scorpion
scorp has way too many advantages, hell fire is way too quick compared to most othe r player unblockables.

So I've decided on my team: Human Cyrax and Cyber Sub Zero. Unlike most other characters, HC's assist locks down your point for almost no time at all, so you can move around. Both HC and CSZ have unblockable bombs that work great with assists. CSZ's ice beam assist is AMAZING. full screen unblockable that anti-airs? goddamn.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
God's Beard said:
So I've decided on my team: Human Cyrax and Cyber Sub Zero. Unlike most other characters, HC's assist locks down your point for almost no time at all, so you can move around. Both HC and CSZ have unblockable bombs that work great with assists. CSZ's ice beam assist is AMAZING. full screen unblockable that anti-airs? goddamn.
Are people really playing 2v2 currently? I havent seen any streams running 2v2. I cant get online and see because psn is still down i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom