• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aselith

Has anyone published a map of the Krypt yet? I have two full areas clear and I'd love to just get the important stuff on the last two at first as I only have 30000 left. It's really hard to find stuff it seems like just based on the number.

Aselith said:
Has anyone published a map of the Krypt yet? I have two full areas clear and I'd love to just get the important stuff on the last two at first as I only have 30000 left. It's really hard to find stuff it seems like just based on the number.
All the numbers go left to right in even rows.

Aselith

God's Beard said:
All the numbers go left to right in even rows.

That's weird. I tried that and it seemed to skip numbers and not go in order. I'll try again maybe I was going forward a little or something.

I know what I want to do but I just can't get the input down in a game, I'll try and do a spin with Kung Lao and end up messing up and teleporting and getting uppercut. Fucking xbox dpad :[

Aselith

Unicorn said:
get distance. spam spark.

Are you guys that say that playing on easy or something? I'm on medium and that shit does not work. He spams spear and the hammer thing that staggers you faster than you can spam lightning and it doesn't effect him at all as far as staggering him. Using the flying tackle works better but then he starts spamming the full screen flash tackle into the uppercut hammer.

Irish

Pookaki said:
Trading spears for sparks is a no win situation. Especially if he spams the stun hammer. ITS MAKING ME CRAZY.

I suggest using the teleport/uppercut method. I got so good at it that I double flawlessed the motherfucker.

I'm an expert

Formerly worldrevolution. The only reason I am nice to anyone else is to avoid being banned.
Coming from a SSF4 background I don't know anything about MK, but watching these streams has been fun. Question though, is this game primarily played on pad or is it because most of these players don't have a stick?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Some of these alternate costumes are okay, but some are pretty incredible(Shang Tsung and Raiden in particular)

They're so good that you'd think certain other companies would charge money for them...

worldrevolution said:
Coming from a SSF4 background I don't know anything about MK, but watching these streams has been fun. Question though, is this game primarily played on pad or is it because most of these players don't have a stick?

There is not as much of a difference between pad and stick on the MK games. My friends primarily play MvC and SF so they use a stick a lot, but all I really play is MK so I use a pad and there's really not too much of a difference since MK doesn't require as many diagonals. The main advantage is, of course, the lack of your thumb getting as tired

Ronabo

They way I beat story on default medium was to teleport after Kahn would taunt. Then I'd do the simple 3 hit kick combo that would bounce him then do the superman move. Use Xray when full. Repeat till dead.

zoner said:
Some of these alternate costumes are okay, but some are pretty incredible(Shang Tsung and Raiden in particular)

They're so good that you'd think certain other companies would charge money for them...

I hate both of Kung Lao's. I'd pay for a costume right now.

Damn that guy has a real solid Kung Lao.

Barrage

Second Kung Lao tourney win today. Wish I had spotted that stream earlier, the gameplay was pretty high level.

Is it true Spooky's doing a tourney tonight?

NewLib

Banned
Ronabo said:
They way I beat story on default medium was to teleport after Kahn would taunt. Then I'd do the simple 3 hit kick combo that would bounce him then do the superman move. Use Xray when full. Repeat till dead.

You can also combine that with immediately jumping over him after he stands back up. He has one move (the full hammer swing) that MIGHT hit you but every other move should allow you have a free shot at his back. What I did was built a lead that way then played keep away waiting for him to taunt or throw his hammer then Teleport + 3 hit combo

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Barrage said:
Second Kung Lao tourney win today. Wish I had spotted that stream earlier, the gameplay was pretty high level.

Is it true Spooky's doing a tourney tonight?
That tournament was very fun to watch. Does anyone have any other streams or maybe even archived streams from earlier that had this high level play?

Edit: I've found an archived stream from the 21st which people probably already know about, but if not: It has the finalist of the above tournament playing as well:
Level|Up Live MK9 with AJ, Alex, Offcast, Kraziebone & Shingin

Unicorn

Aselith said:
Are you guys that say that playing on easy or something? I'm on medium and that shit does not work. He spams spear and the hammer thing that staggers you faster than you can spam lightning and it doesn't effect him at all as far as staggering him. Using the flying tackle works better but then he starts spamming the full screen flash tackle into the uppercut hammer.
if you're doing the spark fast enough you'll stay crouched and they'll go over (Liu Kang) or they'll come out just fast enough to knock him out of his animation for the spear (Kang and Raiden)

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
zlatko said:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzDNVsYLZbI

Here's the basic Ermac combo I came up with and figured I'd share it with the internets.

He's so fucking god damn good in this game it's retarded. This combo is brain dead easy and does 43% damage anywhere on screen if you start with a jump punch, minus the jump punch it's 40% clean. Throw in meter to bust it up to 50%, or toss in an X-Ray to make them regret ever fighting you.

Ermac is god tier.

This seems to have been patched out a bit. I did the non jump punch version and it does 34% not 40. The timing on getting that first lift after the <-fp, fp, bk is crazy tight making it fairly impractical.

EDIT: Just did the jump punch version and it's 37% so they've definitely changed that combo a bit.

EDIT 2: Fah I was jump punching instead of kicking after the telekinetic slam which was reducing my damage. Man the timing for landing a tp punch after a jump kick is way stricter then a jump punch though.

"This seems to have been patched out a bit. I did the non jump punch version and it does 34% not 40. The timing on getting that first lift after the <-fp, fp, bk is crazy tight making it fairly impractical."

Actually it's really lenient and it's a bit easier to hitconfirm. Don't wait until the bk hits to do the lift motion. Also, you can get more damage if you dash in after the teleport and do bp before the push.

ProtoCents said:
Kung Lao is going to be so overplayed. If you are interested in learning a character, please, try another character.

He's been my go to guy since release :( I'm interested in learning Raiden and Reptile too though.
But seriously, everyone still picks scorpion. CHAIN AND THEN UPPERCUT LOL

So I figured the only way around the really long negative edge window is to actually tap the button that I want then press the motion. The new button press wipes the negative edge window clean and then the motion is applied to it. So for Jax, if you want to do LP, BP, d, f + LP you need to rapidly hit LP, BP, LP, d, f. It's the only way to get the Gotcha Grab instead of the dashing punch. Just thought I'd pass that along in case anyone needs help bypassing negative edge leniency.

EDIT: This only works if there isn't a combo extender using the button you want to switch to.

Barrage said:
Exactly why im backing 2V2. For the Character variety it will bring.
Eh, seems like it'll still end up being a bunch of Noob, Ermac, Kung Lao, and Smoke teams.

sleepykyo

ProtoCents said:
Kung Lao is going to be so overplayed. If you are interested in learning a character, please, try another character.

Dat spin. It's like a dragon punch that goes into a combo without meter and ultra with meter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom