• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OneMoreQuestion said:
Ugh, just read about the massive ****up with the Prima Games guide. Seriously, I REFUSE to accept a guide with over 30 mistakes and with ENTIRE movesets screwed up.

If you're interested in those quick-reference move cards, just save yourself the heartache and download it off the official site. If I can save one person from purchasing this piece of crap, my job here is done.

http://www.primagames.com/blog/2011/04/19/mkcards/

I seem to have missed the hub bub, can you go into more detail?

infinityBCRT said:
reptilefix.jpg

edit: fixed the outline a bit now

light version too:
reptileday.jpg
Damn, I probably should have specified it was the PS3 version. I notice your profile lacks a PSN name... The code is yours if you want it anyway. Thanks for the avs.

Dre3001 said:
So I am wondering what does everyone think of Cyborg Sub Zero??

I have not seen him mentioned at all and I think under the right hands he can be pretty deadly

He is basically the best parts of Sub Zero mixed with the best parts of Cyrax

To me he plays like if they took all the defensive strengths of Sub Zero (Ice clone) and mixed it with the speed and offensive strengths of Cyrax.

Maybe this is just me though who thinks he can be a beast but I am surprised nobody is mentioning him at all.

He has really good specials and EX moves, and builds meter very fast, but his important normals are pretty slow so it can be hard to hit confirm with him. That said, his back FP is pretty much the only poke in the game and cancels into ice ball.

There's a lot of good stuff you can do with his mines to set up traps and teleport, which is probably his best bet. He was part of my team along with Human Cyrax or Quan Chi. You can also rejuggle with his dive kick and assists for some cool looking stuff.

MoonsaultSlayer said:
Damn, I probably should have specified it was the PS3 version. I notice your profile lacks a PSN name... The code is yours if you want it anyway. Thanks for the avs.
I have the ps3 version! (got both 360 and ps3 for online play)... My PSN name is the same as my xbl name.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
God's Beard said:
He has really good specials and EX moves, and builds meter very fast, but his important normals are pretty slow so it can be hard to hit confirm with him. That said, his back FP is pretty much the only poke in the game and cancels into ice ball.

There's a lot of good stuff you can do with his mines to set up traps and teleport, which is probably his best bet. He was part of my team along with Human Cyrax or Quan Chi. You can also rejuggle with his dive kick and assists for some cool looking stuff.
I thought you were done with MK.

Kimosabae

Banned
Though you can't fault NetherRealm (completely) for bad netcode - I applaud his overall message.

There's always been a part of me that's found a bit of comfort whenever a new fighting game launches and people bicker about its netcode. Online should be the exception - not the rule. The face to face social camaraderie is what I remember most fondly about playing fighting games growing up.

It's only a matter of time before online infrastructures get it right, and people start taking quality face-to-face interaction in regards to multiplayer gaming for granted (they already have, actually). The longer that's delayed, the better (for me).

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kimosabae said:
Though you can't fault NetherRealm (completely) for bad netcode - I applaud his overall message.

There's always been a part of me that's found a bit of comfort whenever a new fighting game launches and people bicker about its netcode. Online should be the exception - not the rule. The face to face social camaraderie is what I remember most fondly about playing fighting games growing up.

It's only a matter of time before online infrastructures get it right, and people start taking quality face-to-face interaction in regards to multiplayer gaming for granted (they already have, actually). The longer that's delayed, the better (for me).
There are a lot of people that dont have others around them interested in playing. Why even include it if its mediocre at best and below mediocre normally.

Yeah I love playing with people face to face but that was a lot more possible when I was around others who wanted to play. Now I am off at grad school and no one else is interested in playing and I don't have a lot of time to find people to play with or go to local meetups. I can fit in an online session every now and then.

If you are gonna include online mode it should be at least decent. MVC3 and SF4 have decent online playability. Its sad because mk9 has great online functionality but the actual in game netcode is sub par.

My issues with combos earlier were all execution based, Smoke has a 51% bnb so I'm happy. Now if only I could connect to anybody without rooms being split and connections being lost... There's really no excuse for netcode this terrible, making it worst than MVC2's is a huge achievement.

I have no comprehension how teams are managing to make online play this bad when we've had fighters with solid netcodes from the start of the generation. I really wish they didn't put so much focus on the shitty king of the hill gimmicks (I like the scoring but that's it) which probably detract from the quality of matched online.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Snapshot King said:
I seem to have missed the hub bub, can you go into more detail?
Tons of movesets are wrong, flipped or slightly different. They left out content that was said to be in the collectors edition. It's pretty sad when you buy a guide and so much of the information is wrong or not included "babalities were not included". So basically if you buy the collectors edition its a 35 dollar Paperweight and the normal is a 20$ waste of money. Thanks prima games!

OneMoreQuestion said:
Ugh, just read about the massive ****up with the Prima Games guide. Seriously, I REFUSE to accept a guide with over 30 mistakes and with ENTIRE movesets screwed up.

If you're interested in those quick-reference move cards, just save yourself the heartache and download it off the official site. If I can save one person from purchasing this piece of crap, my job here is done.

http://www.primagames.com/blog/2011/04/19/mkcards/
Not to mention the lack of content. For example: The visual evolution and detailed history of each character and the fatality gallery. The only reason I bought it and I got jipped.

Trin3785 said:
Tons of movesets are wrong, flipped or slightly different. They left out content that was said to be in the collectors edition. It's pretty sad when you buy a guide and so much of the information is wrong or not included "babalities were not included". So basically if you buy the collectors edition its a 35 dollar Paperweight and the normal is a 20$ waste of money. Thanks prima games!
I think the reference cards that come with the guide are great for playing with a bunch of friends. Was useful yesterday when I brought MK over to a friend's place who hadn't played MK in 15 years.

I need to read about the fuck up. Not at home right now.

infinityBCRT said:
I think the reference cards that come with the guide are great for playing with a bunch of friends. Was useful yesterday when I brought MK over to a friend's place who hadn't played MK in 15 years.

Some of those cards are wrong too, prima fucked up with this guide.

Kind of sad to see Prima guides still sucking it up, like 8 years ago when I use to buy guides they were the lowest quality guides and they were never really complete guides. It was always about bradygame guides (think thats the name, been so long)

You know if theres a PDF of the updated cards that's the most inadvertent awesome thing that's happened because now I can just get a bunch printed and not worry about the cards splitting apart or getting lost. Just wonder how much would it cost to print them from a kinkos. Might be more than the guide lol

Btw I came to the realization that the manuals we bitch and moan about not existing anymore in games have actually become prima guides.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
infinityBCRT said:

But did u try out all of the fatalities listed on the cards? Some are incorrect. Do you also feel like those cards are worth 35$ If I had know what this guide was like, I would have just printed out the "corrected" cards for free. I mean they didn't put the babalities in the guide but then put them on their blog correction site for everyone to use. WTF did I just pay 35$ for! Ugh.

Frankfurt

Banned
Skarlett is on the disc already, with alternate to boot:

http://www.youtube.com/v/SDmTXprqXRY

Boon is so full of shit (once again). She may be incomplete, but he said they would only start working on the DLC after the game was gold. This is exactly like Capcom with MVC3, the exact thing Boon used as an example of what they would not do.

someone should make a phone app that's basically like a quick reference move guide. Tap on a character and it shows all their moves. Playing with friends is fun but not when people have to pause all the time to see moves and fatalities.

Frankfurt said:

Boon is so full of shit (once again). She may be incomplete, but he said they would only start working on the DLC after the game was gold.

Of course her model is in the game, because she's in several cutscenes in story mode, and in the Kolliseum. I'd say just a model with a generic moveset, with no combos, specials, finishers means they did not start working on her yet.

Frankfurt said:

Boon is so full of shit (once again). She may be incomplete, but he said they would only start working on the DLC after the game was gold. This is exactly like Capcom with MVC3, the exact thing Boon used as an example of what they would not do.
Well it depends if she was suppose to be in the final release or not, maybe not fully finished as she has no ingame announcer or move set.

The other dlc character is laying dead in the story mode intro so they were obviously modeled already, he might be on the disc too.

Frankfurt said:

Isn't she in the background in some of the stages? So they have her model character, doesn't mean they put any work into her other than that.

Dead

well not really...yet
Frankfurt said:

cool

Im not surprised though, considering Lupinko's leaks, I assumed she was meant to be in the full game originally, but was left unfinished, to be completed for dlc

Diablohead said:
Well it depends if she was suppose to be in the final release or not, maybe not fully finished as she has no ingame announcer or move set.

The other dlc character is laying dead in the story mode intro so they were obviously modeled already, he might be on the disc too.

who?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom