• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Parallax Scroll said:
I also picked up the Prima guide since I was bringing MK to a friend's house for casuals and nobody knows the codes yet. Fatality codes are right on the very first page of the guide, which is pretty damn convenient. Whoever wasn't playing that round would have the guide open and tell the winner what code to put in.

Yeah this is exactly why I got it. Kinda a bummer that theres some mistakes.

unpurposed said:
I've got a question concerning Babalities.

Is it true that you cannot block in the winning round to be able to perform one? I've heard mixed reports.

You can press block but you cant block an actual attack.

R2D4

Banned
Does the controller that comes with the Xbox Slim have the same D pad problems as the older model? Is there any fix to playing with the 360 controller? Sounds like the PSN is going to be down for a long time. Might as well get MK for the 360 if I want to play online.

Lingitiz

R2D4 said:
Does the controller that comes with the Xbox Slim have the same D pad problems as the older model? Is there any fix to playing with the 360 controller? Sounds like the PSN is going to be down for a long time. Might as well get MK for the 360 if I want to play online.
Its the same dpad. Once you get used to it its not that bad. Definitely not great though but its serviceable. The transforming dpad controller you have to buy separate.

KevinCow

Banned
infinityBCRT said:
Its like punch out. You need to learn the patterns...

a) stay far away as possible (if you're cornered, jump up and superman out of the corner)
b) learn to read his animations
c) learn how to execute a teleport in a split second when kahn starting a throwing animation (and never use a teleport in other circumstances).
d) learn how to execute a superman move, a combo into superman move (easiest options), or some sort of other combo once you've teleported behind kahn
e) if its late in a losing round or you're way ahead and haven't won a round yet save that x-ray. Otherwise use it as early as possible after a teleport behind Kahn.

Liu Kang has teleports and superman moves?

george_us

Kaijima said:
Besides all of this, it seems some people are determined to crusade against DLC based on arbitrary rationalization.

Even if Boon had never said anything at all or been misreported, do people actually expect the *entire* development team - which is huge! - to sit around on their thumbs and not start getting work done on future DLC components once they've wrapped up their work on the retail game content? Just to make people who complain about DLC "feel better"?

These guys are getting paid. They're not going to stop working on content for the game just because the part of the game that's in the retail package is currently moved into the final stages of development.
Agreed. I'd be more pissed at DLC if there wasn't already a fuck load of characters and content to unlock but Mortal Kombat puts 99% of games out there to shame when it comes to content. It's not like the developers are screwing us over here.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kimosabae said:
I think you missed this part:

"Online should be the exception - not the rule".

Your situation would fit into the latter.

But as Brady implies, a lot of people claiming to be in situations similar to yours aren't truly in as hopeless a situation as they'd like to think they are. They simply value the convenience of an online mode over community building, which actually takes effort and a modicum of social skills.

Also, I'm quite sure NR didn't make the netcode suck on purpose, but whatever.
I guess.

fucking shitty scorpion is broken, he can hellfire online before you can jump from being down because of lag between players, it's a free hit. The damage zone for hellfire needs to have a delay more then it does right now.

I hate dropped button commands online too, I really want to love this game but so far it makes me upset.

LordK

Geez, I decided to sell my Reptile Klassic costume and it damn near paid off my whole MK purchase. This kind of pre-order bonus is welcome by me :)

NEO0MJ

Diablohead said:
fucking shitty scorpion is broken, he can hellfire online before you can jump from being down because of lag between players, it's a free hit. The damage zone for hellfire needs to have a delay more then it does right now.

This problem only happens online, though. Just another example of a move that benefits greatly from lag.

LordK said:
Geez, I decided to sell my Reptile Klassic costume and it damn near paid off my whole MK purchase. This kind of pre-order bonus is welcome by me :)

Even as somebody that didn't really enjoy the game, Reptile will always be one of my favorite characters.

I remember the first time I accidentally encountered and fought him in the arcade as a kid. He was just some myth, come to life. The fact that he was hidden so well, looked so badass, he became the stuff of hushed whispers.

Like I said earlier, I was so disappointed when he turned out to be pretty weak in MK2. Apparently he's much more powerful in this game. But that burst of nostalgia that the classic skin provides is worth a lot of money to some people.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Kimosabae said:
Though you can't fault NetherRealm (completely) for bad netcode - I applaud his overall message.

You crazy.

I agree that people should try to get involved in their offline scene when they're able, but not everyone is. I live in Kentucky. While I am lucky enough to live in one of the big cities here, there's still not much of a fighting game scene. And most of the time when things are going down, I'm either working or doing school stuff or other things. Not everyone is uninvolved in their local scene out of laziness or stupidity. Sometimes it's because they live in the middle of bumfuck nowhere, or life has handed them other priorities, or both. So Tom Brady--whoever the fuck he thinks he is--pointing an indigent finger at people complaining that NRS dropped the ball with MK's netcode is laughable.

Diablohead said:

I hate dropped button commands online too, I really want to love this game but so far it makes me upset.

Tech roll brah.

LordK

The Antitype said:
Even as somebody that didn't really enjoy the game, Reptile will always be one of my favorite characters.

I remember the first time I accidentally encountered and fought him in the arcade as a kid. He was just some myth, come to life. The fact that he was hidden so well, looked so badass, he became the stuff of hushed whispers.

Like I said earlier, I was so disappointed when he turned out to be pretty weak in MK2. Apparently he's much more powerful in this game. But that burst of nostalgia that the classic skin provides is worth a lot of money to some people.

I find it weird though that people are willing to pay over 50 bucks for it when it'll most likely be released as DLC sometime soon for like... 2-3 bucks. But even then, I can understand when people want it *right now*. Then there's the idea of why didn't they just purchase the game off Amazon to begin with?

Anyways, I'm happy and the people buying the codes are happy so it all works out.

GrayFoxPL

Diablohead said:

Shame you guys missed on the mkdc online fun. Apart of input lag there was feedback lag. Like when you kicked a guy and that stun/getting hit animation kicked off after a while.

It was like in the movie when Cage says to a stuntman: "This is where you fall down." and he flips

Splatt

Criminal Upper said:
One of Machinima's better series:

Two Best Friends Play: Mortal Kombat

Some great commentary here, lol:

"AHHH! AHH! STRAP THAT LIN KUEI ROBOT-SHIT ON MEEE!! I NEED TO GO SAVE SONYAAAA!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIf48-nOXgo&feature=channel_video_title

I laughed at the Jax impression after the Baraka challenge.

Friend 1: "Dude, you just destroyed an entire race!"

Friend 2 impersonating Jax: "Whatever man, they were ugly."

GrayFoxPL said:
Shame you guys missed on the mkdc online fun. Apart of input lag there was feedback lag. Like when you kicked a guy and that stun/getting hit animation kicked off after a while.

It was like in the movie when Cage says to a stuntman: "This is where you fall down." and he flips
If MK was that bad i'd had taken it back to the shop pronto, only played that game while at uni when a house mate owned it for his ps3, it was ok.

Oldschoolgamer

The physical form of blasphemy
Honest to god, this is going to take more than it should, thanks to button config. I wish they would fix it so it's a lot more friendly to utilize, especially in tourney settings. This wastes crazy amounts of time that could be spent playing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom