• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
What genius thought this was a good idea for button config. OMG lol

I hope someone from NRS is watching this.

Chris HU LMAO

these guys are fumbling with the controller configs lol... i'm pretty sure you can change the presets at the select screen as well, you don't need to pause the game at the start

VariantX

button configs are gonna kill this game's tournament scene before it even really gets off the ground. Just a really stupid oversight on their part. Patch needs to go out to address this immediately.

bandresen said:
Last night at that other tournament it did not take nearly as long. This is just annoying. ;-)

That's because everyone was using a DS3 and the default setup for the DS3 is pretty much perfect for MK.

MThanded

The button config is set up for perfect for online play when a single person is playing from one console.... oh wait online is el terrible.

RETHERREALM STUDIOS
LEATHERREALM STUDIOS

If these guys knew you could just change the preset from the select screen they'd be fine with people using controllers and MK9 sticks because they'd just need to set it to default.

MThanded

infinityBCRT said:
If these guys knew you could just change the preset from the select screen they'd be fine with people using controllers and MK9 sticks because they'd just need to set it to default.
Everyones stick does not have the buttons in the same place and unlike SF people use different layouts in this game.

Who is top tier at setting MK buttons. This is ridiculous.

MThanded

SolidSnakex said:
It's like these guys have never even played the game before. There's no reason for them to take this long.
These mofos were not saving configuration.

Sinatar said:
Good GOD. Set the freaking pre-sets. Then pick the pre-sets. It's not rocket science.
These guys don't know that theres a player options window at the select screen. I'm pulling my hair out watching these fools not know how to set their presets.

MThanded

Professor Beef said:
While I'm laughing at them for that, the config definitely needs changing.
I agree put it in the damn pause menu during the match.

I cannot remember the last fighting game that does not let you do that. Thats button config 101.

Does anyone know where exactly this arcade is? Supposedly it's right by me but the address I'm finding via Google (4013 8th Avenue) can't be right (it's a residence as far as I know). Think they'd let me in to watch? NeoGAF shoutout!

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
So someone tells this Polozzi clown that Kung Lao is god tier so he just picks him and gets utterly bodied. Nice.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
I really hope they fix the button config system before EVO because its going to be boring as hell.

Fersis said:
I really hope they fix the button config system before EVO because its going to be boring as hell.

These guys just don't know how to set it up. They are overwriting each other's presets in the options, not saving the options or not setting the preset they want to use at the select screen. The other tourneys I've seen so far didn't have this problem at all.

MThanded

infinityBCRT said:
These guys just don't know how to set it up. They are overwriting each other's presets in the options, not saving the options or not setting the preset they want to use at the select screen. The other tourneys I've seen so far didn't have this problem at all.
They need config in pause menu or character select screen. Its dumb that you have to go back to main menu to setup the buttons.

People will figure it out though and it will probably become a non issue.

infinityBCRT said:

Yeah of all the streams so far this one is the first to have this problem, from the ones I've seen anyways.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
infinityBCRT said:
Yeah but you cant change the button layout during a match. That helps A LOT.

MThanded

Fersis said:
Yeah but you cant change the button layout during a match. That helps A LOT.
This 1000 times. You can change the presets but not the buttons. Its not the same thing. Its pure tomfoolery.

Fersis

SolidSnakex said:
That's the second Kung Lao player that didn't know what they were doing.
Im gonna dive kick like Cammy.
* Gets exposed *

fernoca

Yeah, nothing personal...but not only they're having problems with the configuration (which they can save as individual presets and choose each at the character select screen), but some also playing as if they just got the game..for the first time.

SolidSnakex said:
That's the second Kung Lao player that didn't know what they were doing.

Yeah, they probably saw how well he's been doing and tried to jump on the bandwagon.

THANKS FOR EATING WHILE ON THE MIC GUY!!!

MThanded said:
This 1000 times. You can change the presets but not the buttons. Its not the same thing. Its pure tomfoolery.
Yes, they probably should've put it in the select screen or pause options but this is making it look a million times worse because these guys are failing at every level.

Fersis

fernoca said:
Yeah, nothing personal...but not only they're having problems with the configuration (which they can save as individual presets and choose each at the character select screen), but some also playing as if they just got the game..for the first time.
The game is a week old isnt? Give it sometime before seeing Daigos and JWongs. ;)

MThanded

cuevas said:
Yeah, they probably saw how well he's been doing and tried to jump on the bandwagon.

THANKS FOR EATING WHILE ON THE MIC GUY!!!
NEVER BAD MOUTH CHRIS HU

Fersis said:
The game is a week old isnt? Give it sometime before seeing Daigos and JWongs. ;)

I know you're half joking but we've already seen way better play in other tournaments. I know these are the early round so I'll just tune in later.

fernoca

Fersis said:
Yeah, the game's relatively new; but that mixed with they taking too much time on the controller setup and even overwriting the configurations of others; they should've at least practiced and get used to the game before jumping to a tournament. :p

Fersis

Art maining Reptar!
Go Art!

cuevas said:
I know you're half joking but we've already seen way better play in other tournaments. I know these are the early round so I'll just tune in later.
fernoca said:
Yeah, the game's relatively new; but that mixed with they taking too much time on the controller setup and even overwriting the configurations of others; they should've at least practiced and get used to the game before jumping to a tournament. :p
Respect the pot monsters man! :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom