• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glass Joe said:
Eh, yeah but when it causes that much down time between games... Argh. I suppose it's more of the game's fault though. Wouldn't mind it in the slightest if the button configs weren't longer than the matches.

It's bad for us spectators, but I would think the needs of the actual participants in the tournament would be the priority.

amtentori said:
any players using characters other than smoke, reptile, kung lao, or ermac?

You'll see Kabal, Liu Kang and Raiden every now and then. Right now those are seen as the top tier characters and everyone gravitates toward them during the early days.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
DR2K said:
Is there a site for Mk equivalent of SRK. I really want to learn this game.

Testyourmight.com

Looks like SRK just added character-specific boards in their MK forum too, but there isn't much there yet.

zlatko

Banned
There's a few reasons why people are using Ermac and why he's so god damn amazing. 1) Teleport. Characters with teleports in this game have a clear advantage over those who do not. 2) He does a ton of damage. 3) His combos for 40% and more are hella easy----HELLA easy.

Oh and he's bad ass.

Jrmint

Can you guys please answer a couple of beginner questions? I am playing on the PS3, so if you can just use the PS3 buttons in your answer that'd be great.

1) How do I pull of X-ray moves?

trmk says "Flip + Block", I know what block is, but not flip. I am getting rocked by the computer like after level 5 in the ladder with this, and need to be able to pull it off myself.

2) How do I pull off "Enhanced" moves?

trmk will show how to do a move, and then in parentheses it says enhanced does something additional.

Thanks ahead of time everyone.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Skel said:
Can you guys please answer a couple of beginner questions? I am playing on the PS3, so if you can just use the PS3 buttons in your answer that'd be great.

trmk says "Flip + Block", I know what block is, but not flip. I am getting rocked by the computer like after level 5 in the ladder with this, and need to be able to pull it off myself.

trmk will show how to do a move, and then in parentheses it says enhanced does something additional.

1. On a pad it's both triggers I believe.
2. It's block plus the move. Not sure what block is on a pad.

Weenerz

Banned
Skel said:

Pause the game and go to the move list, then press X or A and it will show you the special moves, but on the Xbox at least, an X-Ray can be activated by either pressing LT + RT or A + RT + B.

Skel said:

Go to the tutorial because you're probably missing out on more than that.

I may have burnt my PS3 up because after playing for a while, it's really hot and I no longer have dialog when the characters speak pre-fight.

Also, thanks to Criminal Upper for this avatar. Even though he was aware the code wasn't for the 360, he shared it with me anyway and i feel it looks pretty awesome. Now if NRS could implement it in game...

RedSwirl

Just asking, but everybody plays this on gamepad right? I've always thought of Mortal Kombat as a pad game, or at least a game that isn't oriented for a Street Fighter stick. Thinking of buying a madcatz PS3 pad for this game.

RedSwirl said:
Just asking, but everybody plays this on gamepad right? I've always thought of Mortal Kombat as a pad game, or at least a game that isn't oriented for a Street Fighter stick. Thinking of buying a madcatz PS3 pad for this game.

define everybody

so I picked up the game earlier today and played it for almost 4 hours -- fucking loving it. In fact, I'm through chapter 6 on story mode and am actually kinda impressed with how I'm still interested.

My only question is how do I open up costumes and additional fatalities for all characters? Is it simply just beating the game with each one?

Teknopathetic said:
Haunts is definitely smooth with the kung lao.
moonwalker.gif

Raxus

Teknopathetic said:
Haunts is definitely smooth with the kung lao.
I was practicing Kung Lao today and I can't combo out of the spin for the life of me. The Dash->FP follow up is what kills me.

Raxus

Ninja Scooter said:
what's the easiest way to farm koins for the krypt? Replay story mode?
Arcade mode on beginner. Earn Flawless Victories and Babalities (1000 and 500 koins respectively).

fernoca

Superblatt said:
My only question is how do I open up costumes and additional fatalities for all characters? Is it simply just beating the game with each one?
But that's 2 questions, not one!! >:O!! :p

1. Alt-costumes: Beat ladder mode with the character, or buy it on the Krypt. Go to Nekropolis, check the character you just unlocked the costume, a message will appear. To select the costume, press start while choosing a character, select which costume you want (#1 is regular, #2 is the alternate), and press A (on 360), X (on PS3) to choose the costume with the regular color or press start again to choose it with the secondary color.

2. -Alities. Either find the commands online, in the guide or buy them on the Krypt. Then just perform them at the end of each match like any -ality. Once done, it will be listed along with the other moves.

Branson

Near the end spoiler.
fuck the raiden and Kahn fight. It's terrible I can't beat the asshole even if I do the teleport trick. What moves should I be hitting him with once I teleport?

Irish

Branson said:
Near the end spoiler.
fuck the raiden and Kahn fight. It's terrible I can't beat the asshole even if I do the teleport trick. What moves should I be hitting him with once I teleport?

Uppercut

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Branson said:
Near the end spoiler.

I did nothing but Torpedoes, it's cake.

Nice to see Kung Lao getting blasted out of this tourney.

RedSwirl

Branson said:
Near the end spoiler.

Easy mode dude.

zlatko

Banned
RedSwirl said:

This game works for either pad or stick. Whichever is more comfortable. It isn't as precise as a Street Fighter so playing on Pad works fine.

I'm playing on stick, because it's where I'm most comfortable to consistently land my combos, but when I tried the game on pad it worked great too, but I had a few too many times of me doing a down back + kick input not doing my teleports with Ermac so I went back to stick and staying there. :)

G-Fex

Man Reptiles combos are sick, I should've stuck with him as my main.

But I love Cyrax and a few others. So conflicted...

I tried to use Ermac again and I just need some tactics with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom