• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Lamonster said:
My biggest disappointment with this awesome game is that most of the alternate costumes are just subtle differences with the mains and in some cases you can't even tell the difference. I wanted some wildly different designs, as they have done in the past MK games.

I'm also disappointed by how much lag there was online. Of course, this could eventually be straightened out...if PSN EVER comes back online :(
All of the alt costumes were made to fit into Story mode so thats probably why they weren't wildly different. The only disappointment for me is Reptile, especially after seeing his human form in the art book. Thats how he should've looked in the MK1 tourney, and the way he looked in the MK1 tourney is what he should've looked like near the end of the game.

orion434

Chairhome said:
To expand on what Fernoca said, if you do stage select on versus mode, the stages that have fatalities have a red skull icon at the bottom of the thumbnail.

Question:
I've read some conflicting reports, how do you fight the hidden kombatants, and can it only be done in ladder? This is what I've seen, tell me if any are wrong:
*PS3 version is select, 360 is back*
Smoke: Down and Select when you see smoke peek out behind the trees
Jade: double flawless and fatality on Shang Tsung
Reptile: when you see a shadow across the moon at the Pit at night, double flawless then Pit fatality
Noob: don't block on the Temple stage. Double Flawless?

1. It's just Press Back
2. You also have to do a Fatality on all opponents leading to that battle, can be done on beginner
3. The shadow is a Witch or Santa
4. It's only no block

DasRaven

Darkhadou said:
So what are everyone's thoughts on the official Prima Guide for the game?

I'm so glad I didn't open mine when I got it! I just put in my return to Amazon.
Sad it turned out to be such a disappointment.

For those who can take advantage, Amazon is offering $8 trade-in value for them.
Better than keeping a worthless guide.

Veal

Whoa! Hell of an OP! I maangaed to stay in the dark about 90% of the new MK. So getting to play it for the first time last night was a real shocker! They did it! They actually made me interested in MK again! It's sooo good! I really can't believe how good this is.

djkimothy

zlatko said:
I got it to work even on harder difficulties. You just have to run longer. I don't see how you can beat him without using that strategy since his health is massive, he does tons of damage, and almost every move he does is invincible on start up.

I'm saying you can't just spam projectiles at the second encounter, or you'll get owned easily. The
liu kang cheese can easily be done at most difficulties thanks to the safety of the low fireball. Figured that out on my second try.

Frankfurt said:
Not really. Dante's Inferno has naked moaning wife, giant killer vaginas with labia that spread out of demonic monsters, baby-killing, giant dicks, ultra-violence of evey kind and it's still M rated. The nudity is constant and at the same time as the ultra-violence. Hell you can kill the naked enemies.
I'd buy that argument if the main character was naked. Its a different ball game when you could potentially see nudity 90% of the time you're playing the game.

LordAlu

djkimothy said:
I'm saying you can't just spam projectiles at the second encounter, or you'll get owned easily. The
liu kang cheese can easily be done at most difficulties thanks to the safety of the low fireball. Figured that out on my second try.
The Liu Kang low fireball completely owns SK in the first encounter. For the second, I did a (rather dangerous) tactic of using teleport on startup of any of his attacks. They last forever and give you a chance to get a combo in behind him. Then you can back away a little whilst he's on the ground and repeat :)

fernoca

Added all Kombat Kodes people has posted around to the OP, on the Game Basic-Offline section. And changed the "???" to "No" on the Stage Fatalities in the Arenas-section. (also a mention of the 3 stage fatalities in Kratos' stage).

Will add the 2 remaining secret characters, fatalities and special moves after May 19.

Also a correction: Classic Ermac and Classic Kitana-outfits/codes doesn't include Classic Fatalities

darksunpr

I love the game but wtf is up with king of the hill!? A lot of disconnects and " game session is no longer available" and sometimes my xbox freezes and I have to restart it manually

fernoca

darksunpr said:
I love the game but wtf is up with king of the hill!? A lot of disconnects and " game session is no longer available" and sometimes my xbox freezes and I have to restart it manually
Whoa, someone from PR..the world's about to end! :O!

Unicorn

Master Thespian said:
I'd be willing to pay for costumes that de-whorify the women. Oh, and costumes that have little to no black in them. Hell, costumes that change up the color palettes for most characters would be good.

That's funny. I'd be willing to pay for underwear alts and swimsuit alts for all the ladies.

Scotch

Ugh. I was really enjoying the story mode right up until the end boss. I was breezing through the game on medium, but I simply can't beat him. After losing 20 matches I'm setting it to easy, fuck this shit. Otherwise story mode was awesome, but this is a shitty way to end it.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Ninhead said:
Prima guide also claims that Nudalities exist, and that you could play as Kano and Sonya in MK2.
I might be misremembering that section, but I think they were mentioning some of the rumors that came about during that time and not that those were part of the game.

Scotch said:
Ugh. I was really enjoying the story mode right up until the end boss. I was breezing through the game on medium, but I simply can't beat him. After losing 20 matches I'm setting it to easy, fuck this shit. Otherwise story mode was awesome, but this is a shitty way to end it.
Stay far away, avoid projectiles, and when you see an opening teleport behind and uppercut. Rinse/repeat.

notworksafe

XiaNaphryz said:
I might be misremembering that section, but I think they were mentioning some of the rumors that came about during that time and not that those were part of the game.
No it's totally true! My friend has an uncle that works at Midway and he showed me all of that! So there! You just gotta beat the whole game with only low punch and turn around 4 times after every round.

fernoca said:
Is good, though many expected more. 6 stages + 1 if you count Kratos' (+2 for the other two ways to finish him/her in that stage)
The few there are are more varied too, so at least they kept them fresh. When they could've gone for the "well, let's throw them at the spikes...again.."-route.

Yeah, same ones I've seen..though haven't tried them, yet. But yep..only in Ladder.

EDIT:
For
Jade, you also have to obtain around a few Flawless Victories, before the 2 of Shang Tsung; but haven't found the actual number.

You don't need a double flawless for
Noob.
I've fought him twice during going through the ladders, at least, and I have my rounds set to one and was doing tag ladder to get the endings faster.

--

I had a harder time with the mk2 boss than mk3. mk3 story section boss just took me some time to get the timing down. teleport, uppercut all day.

--

Not only do I miss friendships, I miss "The Tomb" stage with the spikes on the ceiling.

Unicorn said:
That's funny. I'd be willing to pay for underwear alts and swimsuit alts for all the ladies.
I just want balance is all. Don't get me wrong, if they had 'em all covered up to start with then I'd want whorey outfits too. lol

Unicorn

Any word one when NRS is going to start pumping DLC out? I already know about the 2 characters, but are those mid-late May or June? What about after that or even before that?

corrosivefrost said:
Didn't the bell tower have a stage fatality in UMK3?
Yeah, it was like the Pit.

Sad they didn't make one for this. watching the people fly through multiple wooden floors before hitting spikes was always funny.

Chairhome

fernoca said:
Added all Kombat Kodes people has posted around to the OP, on the Game Basic-Offline section. And changed the "???" to "No" on the Stage Fatalities in the Arenas-section. (also a mention of the 3 stage fatalities in Kratos' stage).

Will add the 2 remaining secret characters, fatalities and special moves after May 19.

Also a correction: Classic Ermac and Classic Kitana-outfits/codes doesn't include Classic Fatalities
Mileena doesn't have a classic fatality either, right? I think you missed that in the OP. Great job though!

fernoca

Chairhome said:
Mileena doesn't have a classic fatality either, right? I think you missed that in the OP. Great job though!
Just checked and ..no classic fatality for her neither. The site originally mentioned it included the nails-fatality from UMK3. Thanks.

corrosivefrost said:
I believe there are 16 total chapters.

--

Didn't the bell tower have a stage fatality in UMK3?

I was reading a rumour that was saying that the clock tower will have a stage fatality coming as DLC

Unicorn

Xater said:
Has this been posted yet? Scarlet is at least partially already on the disc:

http://youtu.be/SDmTXprqXRY
It's been posted.

It's also not a Capcom case, because it's just that her model is in the game (Colosseum level) and she only has the normals that every character shares.

Not at all like Jill and Shuma in MvC3 where if you swapped their files around to be playable they had their movesets and unique normals and all that jazz..

So, as far as I'm concerned, Boon hasn't lied about the DLC characters being on the disc.

6s6nuw.jpg

DLC please. I will pay lots.

I wish Shang Tsung was less of a pawn under Shao Khan in this, in the MK1 saga he is like you imagine him but while I know Shao Khan took over, Tsung needed to be more bad ass to me.

MK1 is the best MK :p

Frogfucious said:
http://i55.tinypic.com/6s6nuw.jpg[IMG]
DLC please. I will pay lots.[/QUOTE]
This skin along with Johnny Cage's ladder ending gear would be amazing.

Some of the ending outfits for characters is better then the alts in the game already :(

Frogfucious said:
6s6nuw.jpg

DLC please. I will pay lots.
Yes, pretty please. Reptile with human disguise was the best. The coolest part of his reptilian self was that it was always concealed unless he were doing a special move or fatality. This should have been an alternate costume. I would buy this in a heartbeat if it were DLC.

This make makes me want to look up and read about all the characters and the stories from past games. I never thought that would happen. Curse you Ed Boon, you magnificent bastard!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom