• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chairhome said:
Boon is asking on twitter if they should have challenge tower DLC. Not sure...
Ladder dlc, multiple towers like in mk3 for 10-15-20 fights before the boss, you know.

Netcode fix should be a priority right now.

I haven't been interested in Mortal Kombat since the SNES days but all of a sudden after watching a video on YouTube and now coming here I want it. I'll probably fiddle around with Portal 2 a bit longer before picking it up but the mood just hit. I want this game.

VGChampion said:
I haven't been interested in Mortal Kombat since the SNES days but all of a sudden after watching a video on YouTube and now coming here I want it. I'll probably fiddle around with Portal 2 a bit longer before picking it up but the mood just hit. I want this game.
You won't be sorry, it's awesome.

I just tweeted Ed Boon that we need a Versus CPU mode. Make it happen Ed, you're the man!

Diablohead said:
Ladder dlc, multiple towers like in mk3 for 10-15-20 fights before the boss, you know.

Netcode fix should be a priority right now.

Yeah I'd like the Ladder mode to be expanded.. give the option for...

Ladder layout: MK1 (6 fights, 3 endurances, sub boss, boss), MK2, MK3, UMK3
Ladder opponents: MK1, MK2, MK3, UMK3, ALL

I'd also like to see some Story DLC. It'd be neat for there to be a tag/ko-op Story mode. And also give some options for story mode. Continue, Chapter Select, Cutscene Theatre, Options. Its a little too simplified right now.

Chairhome

Sinatar said:
I'd vote no. The challenge tower is more annoying then fun.
Yeah, I kind of don't see the point to it. Unless it was something like 50 challenges for $5, I don't think it would add anything meaningful to the content.

The only Story mode DLC I might want to see is the same story, just from the villains perspective. Let the follow up be in the next game.

Atruvius

I haven't even completed one fifth of the challenge tower. I'm stuck as Cyrax at a challenge where every attack I make drains 2% of my attack power. I get two thirds off of Liu Kang's health and after that my attacks only do 1% damage. Any tips?

I have every characters alt and I also have unlocked 100% of the krypt and
have found those four secret krypts
. I have completed the ladder with over 50% of the roster.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
infinityBCRT said:
Cutscene Theatre
I'm most surprised this wasn't already included given how cutscene heavy the game is.

Atruvius said:
I haven't even completed one fifth of the challenge tower. I'm stuck as Cyrax at a challenge where every attack I make drains 2% of my attack power. I get two thirds off of Liu Kang's health and after that my attacks only do 1% damage. Any tips?
You can always skip that challenge and come back to it later, right?

Unicorn

Atruvius said:

Yeah. first time I had to buy my way past a challenge. It's fucking ridiculous.

There's another one where you get slower and slower. Bought passed that one as well.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Dont get the hate for the challenge tower. I love the challenges it throws at me. Reminds me of the Soul Calibur 1 (or was it 2?) story mode where you go around a map defeating enemies with certain objectives. I am enjoying it :)

But it doesnt necessarily need DLC if there is something else instead that needs to be fixed.

If they have nothing to do, why not add a few more challenges? But I agree there is a bit of other stuff they could do first.

Atruvius said:

I thought this said that only special attacks drain your power? I remember passing this using all uppercuts and jumpkicks.

Atruvius

Unicorn said:
Yeah. first time I had to buy my way past a challenge. It's fucking ridiculous.

There's another one where you get slower and slower. Bought passed that one as well.
Oh, I forgot you could skip those! I'm definitely going to skip Cyrax' challenges. Don't like playing him at all.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Atruvius said:

throw

I'm trying to get the grappler achievement (perform every character's fwd and bck throws) and the perform all X-Rays, and Perform a fatality for each fighter achievements as well.

I swear to god I've done all of them for ever character, but none of the achievements unlock yet. Does anyone know if they can only be achieved while doing them in a real match, or does doing them in training count?

Beardz

I'm really digging Quan Chi, his combos are a lot of fun and damaging (44%).

My favorites so far:

Nightwolf
Quan Chi
Kitana

They should have used that Reptile concept art as the default. It makes no sense that we time travel back to the MK 1-3 era but 90% of the people dont look anything like they did back then.

Oh well still an awsome game though.

XiaNaphryz

Criminal Upper said:
I'm trying to get the grappler achievement (perform every character's fwd and bck throws) and the perform all X-Rays, and Perform a fatality for each fighter achievements as well.

I swear to god I've done all of them for ever character, but none of the achievements unlock yet. Does anyone know if they can only be achieved while doing them in a real match, or does doing them in training count?
I don't think training counts for that. Likely has to be in one of the game modes (includes challenge tower).

orion434

Atruvius said:

Forward Jump 2, down 2. This is how I got through this challenge. I hate Psychosis... I just can't play upside-down... as in me physically turning upside-down.

why the hell does this game not have custom soudtracks? I have all the music from the past games and movies and I wanted to make an awesome fighting soundtrack from them

zlatko

Banned
Messi said:
Give me Frost as DLC boon and you may have my first born.

Who was the fighter with the red wrap around his eyes and was blind? Or am I completely off track here to think that was a MK fighter?

I can picture him in my head and he looks bad ass, but the name escapes me as my MK knowledge of characters is strictly up to MK3.

ohhthegore said:
why the hell does this game not have custom soudtracks? I have all the music from the past games and movies and I wanted to make an awesome fighting soundtrack from them
WHAT THE FUCK?

Even the demo had custom soundtrack option. They seriously removed that?

That sucks ass.

Lothars

zlatko said:
Who was the fighter with the red wrap around his eyes and was blind? Or am I completely off track here to think that was a MK fighter?

I can picture him in my head and he looks bad ass, but the name escapes me as my MK knowledge of characters is strictly up to MK3.

Kenshi is the character your thinking of which they have announced as DLC.

KevinCow

Banned
I dunno, I'm just not really feeling this game. It looks great, I've certainly had a lot of fun messing around in training mode and appreciating all the work that went into the animations. I like messing around and figuring out some neat 30-40% combos that I'd never actually be able to do in a match.

But when it comes to actually playing... I dunno. Most notably, I can't believe the reliance on dial-a-combos. Because memorizing a list of special moves for 25+ characters isn't enough already, now you have to memorize a list of dial-a-combos for each character. It just makes it arbitrarily harder to switch between characters. And beyond that, even if every character had the same dial-a-combos, I just don't like the mechanic of tapping in the buttons real quick then watching the combo happen, as opposed to pressing the buttons as they hit.

I also feel like there are way too many teleport attacks and other "attack enemy wherever he is on the screen INSTANTLY" attacks, and they're often way too fast to react to. But then, I have shitty reflexes, so that may just be me.

Still, the game's a lot of fun to watch. I look forward to seeing some high level play.

NEO0MJ

Criminal Upper said:

On disc DLC characters confirmed! Just kidding. Serious opinion.
Did you perform them with Goro and any other possible playable boss in the tower?

vixlar

zlatko said:

Kenshi. He was anounced as DLC some weeks ago.

zlatko

Banned
vixlar said:
Kenshi. He was anounced as DLC some weeks ago.

Fuck yeah! I'll be paying for him. :)

Any news on why Cyber Sub Zero is the only character in the current cast without an alternate costume ?

XiaNaphryz

KevinCow said:
Most notably, I can't believe the reliance on dial-a-combos. Because memorizing a list of special moves for 25+ characters isn't enough already, now you have to memorize a list of dial-a-combos for each character. It just makes it arbitrarily harder to switch between characters.
Do you have the same issues with SF games? Because while they don't really have dial-a-combos, most characters have their own combos because they have different normals and links.

Messi

zlatko said:

Any news on why Cyber Sub Zero is the only character in the current cast without an alternate costume ?

I'd pay for more costumes. That human reptile one looks amazing.

zlatko

Banned
kenshi-mortal-kombat-deadly-alliance-picture.jpg

Day fucking one. I hope he's solid in this game. :p

NEO0MJ

zlatko said:

Might be because he already is alternate? Unlike the other Cyborgs he already has a human form, though that makes me wonder why they didn't use it. Just color it white or something.

I'm getting all DLC day one. I've just always been a big MK fan so I'll get whatever they offer.

I'd prefer to see new stages, new alternates for existing characters, new characters altogether and more challenge tower missions as long as they're unique.

KaYotiX

Banned
Atruvius said:

what i did was just use uppercuts to hit him, was easy.

EDIT: THEY BETTER have the classic costumes as DLC damn it (there all bad ass even if its just the classic ninja outfit), id buy em off ebay but for .99 not $15, ppl buying those are nuts.

zlatko

Banned
NEO0MJ said:
Might be because he already is alternate? Unlike the other Cyborgs he already has a human form, though that makes me wonder why they didn't use it. Just color it white or something.

The alternate is just a costume though. They could still make him a cyborg but with a different outfit. :p

Duress

I'm stuck on the challenge against Noob Saibot now and I'm Rayden. He's all roided up with buffs. It seems like everytime I attack he's blocking or he somehow pushes a button and is able to go into a combo. I'm going to take a break, this tower gets frustrating and not in the fun kind of way.

zlatko

Banned
Duress said:
I'm stuck on the challenge against Noob Saibot now and I'm Rayden. He's all roided up with buffs. It seems like everytime I attack he's blocking or he somehow pushes a button and is able to go into a combo. I'm going to take a break, this tower gets frustrating and not in the fun kind of way.

Pay to pass the frustrating ones.

zlatko

Banned
Neuromancer said:
Does it count it as completed? Can you get the achievement for beating it and still skip a few?

It should. I believe that achievement is only affiliated with beating the 300th challenge or you can just pay to pass it as well, but apparently the cost for coins on that one is steep as shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom