• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mortal Kombat |OT| Going back in time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Aw shiat, was too slow on that Stryker avatar.

Amazing looking OT. Can't wait to dive in. Next week is a great week for games.

Frankfurt said:
If you were at work during the stream, like me, TRMK has caps of alternate costumes:

http://www.trmk.org/forums/showthread.php/18010-Alt-costume-caps-from-live-stream.?goto=newpost

Sub has Noob's outfit, only blue and sleeveless. Reptile kinda looks too similar to me, and Kano... Uh, I understand he's a "bear" and that's fan-service and all, but... Is that belly hair? Nasty...

I wonder if younger sub's alt is the older sub skin or if that will be Noob's alt. In any case, as long as its selectable it will be sweet to have young sub vs. old sub matches. Hopefully tag team would let you use them together as well.

edit: Reptile's alt looks much better. I don't understand why they have his main one when its just a crappier version of this.

W Hudson

So at this point is it a given that Amazon is not going to be providing release day shipping with the TE? I don't care about the cost, I'd just like to get the game on Tuesday, but even with 1 day shipping (the fastest possible at the moment) delivery is not expected until next Thursday.

Should add that the OP is freaking amazing and that the live stream footage was great. Loved Stryker's x-ray and Baraka's fatality.

TreIII

W Hudson said:
So at this point is it a given that Amazon is not going to be providing release day shipping with the TE? I don't care about the cost, I'd just like to get the game on Tuesday, but even with 1 day shipping (the fastest possible at the moment) delivery is not expected until next Thursday.

Should add that the OP is freaking amazing and that the live stream footage was great. Loved Stryker's x-ray and Baraka's fatality.

Well, I'm not sure about the TE, but I just checked in today, and the KE can do release date shipping. Switched to that immediately! :lol

naib

Awesome OP. I hate pre-ordering but I've got to get my hands on this game ASAP.

LOL at this TRMK guy's sig:

Noa4n.jpg

Struct09

W Hudson said:

They may ship the TE's out on Monday, which would mean you'll get it on Tuesday if you chose one-day shipping. I've had this happen before with Amazon pre-orders that didn't have release date shipping as an option.

DasRaven

W Hudson said:

Yes, it is a given. Even when Amazon had T.E. stock for pre-order(when I ordered one) they didn't have release-day delivery but the K.E. and Standard versions did.
I think T.E. are just shipping later/slower to retailers than other versions. You can always hope for an early retail release on Monday though.

dankir

lazybones18 said:
That is one big ass box. And hell, you can actually store a couple of games in that stick. Genius!

It's ridiculously huge, seriously it's like 3 TE sticks stacked on top of each other.
I bought the Madcatz panel replacement for one of my TE sticks, but I might get this one actually.
Looks baller!

TreIII

Gravijah said:
RIP Kart Racing and Puzzle Kombat. :'(

Like I said before on one of the many, many other topics, I have no problem with seeing those modes again. But they could definitely be saved for possibly another game, and let this one be focused on the fighting.

Say, for example, that a Shaolin Monks sequel/successor ("Fire & Ice"?) is made. NRS could feel free to toss that into that game, in order to give it some more life beyond the brawler portion that has a definitive beginning and end. But this time around, and for this MK game, I'm glad that they focused more on just making for a content-rich fighting game experience.

Any way, when are we going to start seeing some reviews? Less than a week away now, and embargoes should be lifting soon, right?

tapedeck

Do I win a prize for talking about my penis on the Internet???
I know this has been beaten to death (hurr) but how is it that the VS screen portraits are so horrible? Who approved that shit? Hell the PSN avatars look 10x better and they are supposed to be funny. NRS obviously has great artists cause 99% of the game looks great. Anyway I'm done being a prick. IT HAS BEGUN...almost.

Khezu said:
http://www.ign.com/videos/2011/04/13/mortal-kombat-king-of-the-hill-trailer?show=HD

Ign put up a video showing off the king of the hill mode a bit. It seems to imply the xbox version has to use there avatar and can't use the MK ones, really sucks if true.

Heres info on the Xbox 360 version's avatars http://www.savingcontent.com/2011/0...ive-content-for-xbox-360-may-involve-avatars/

Mortal Kombat: Exclusive Content for Xbox 360 may involve Avatars
Thursday, March 24, 2011

Xbox 360 owners, who are eagerly anticipating Mortal Kombat, have plenty of reasons to be jealous of their PS3 brethren with the early release of the Mortal Kombat demo for PS3 and the reveal of Kratos as a PS3 exclusive character. NeatherRealm Studios, the developers behind Mortal Kombat, have been very cagey about whether or not there will be an exclusive character for the Xbox 360 version, but have dropped hints of the existence of some exclusive content for the 360.

mk-kk-ext.png

In an Extended version of the Kombat Kontinues trailer (which was recorded off screen at a recent event held by NeatherRealm Studios), the “King of the Hill” online mode was revealed, where up to 8 players relive the Arcade experience with the winner of every fight staying on to fight the next player waiting in line. Here we can see Avatar like characters standing around at the bottom of the screen. While it is not likely that the entire King of the Hill mode will be exclusive to the Xbox 360, the avatar support may be exclusive.

mk-ke.jpg

As displayed above, the officially released images of the Mortal Kombat Kollector’s editions for PS3 and Xbox 360 have one difference. The Xbox 360 version makes mention of “Mortal Kombat inspired Avatars” which represent players in the “King of the Hill” mode. The picture of the PS3 Kollector’s edition omits this card, which could mean that Avatar support in King of of the Hill is an Xbox 360 exclusive feature.

What this probably means is that theres Avatar costumes for the 360 version whereas you're using just stock models on the PS3 version.

Lettuce

Was just watching the character BIOS vids for MK2, and found out something i had forgotten, that Kitana and Mileena are sisters. If this is the case then why is mileena the same species as Baraka where Kitana is human?

DasRaven

Lettuce said:
Was just watching the character BIOS vids for MK2, and found out something i had forgotten, that Kitana and Mileena are sisters. If this is the case then why is mileena the same species as Baraka where Kitana is human?

Mileena is not actually Kitana's sister. Read the (frankly epic) OP summary, it's all there.

TreIII

Lettuce said:

They're not sisters. Kitana is the original, Mileena is her clone crafted with some Tartakan (Baraka's species) DNA by Shang Tsung.

Lettuce said:
Keep watching the bios for the next few games and I think it explains it there. If not then the endings for them definitely do.

Kitana didn't know the truth at the start of MK2.

BuzzJive

Just so I've got this straight - the PS3 version has an exclusive character, free online play and better Avatars in King of the Hill (perhaps debatable, but...) - not to mention a demo. The 360 version gets - avatar costumes?

With the 360 as my only option right now, I can't help but feel a little shafted.

Nice to see MS not shying away from avatars in an M-Rated title.

I like how they call it "cutting edge" when six years ago, DOA4 had a similar in-game avatar lobby system with the current fight going on in the background.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I want to use MK avatars not the shitty Live ones.

360 is really getting the short end of the stick here on all aspects.

DasRaven

BuzzJive said:
Just so I've got this straight - the PS3 version has an exclusive character, free online play and better Avatars in King of the Hill (perhaps debatable, but...) - not to mention a demo. The 360 version gets - avatar costumes?

With the 360 as my only option right now, I can't help but feel a little shafted.

No one can say anything definitively yet. They we're playing 360s in the Machinima stream and were being VERY careful not to show the character select screen for some reason even though everyone there already knew that the "official" one had leaked recently.

Now, if there's nothing announced by this "Fatality Friday" I'd call it a wrap and hope for some exclusive post-release DLC.

MrMephistoX

BuzzJive said:

It's okay you have exclusive COD map packs, Dead Rising Case Zero, Case West, timed Fallout DLC and numerous other MS financed DCL exclusives to tide you over ;)

fernoca

infinityBCRT said:
Fernoca, I missed out on a couple of bio vids from MK3:

Raiden Bio
Scorpion Bio
Nice; added. ;)

Will hold adding more info form King of the Hill and the recent IGN videos and stuff till later in the week.

And really like Kano's alt. Is a mixture of his Deadly Alliance and DC Universe look. :)
I mean, they didn't put Johnny Cage in a lycra (MKI pants) or a speedo like I asked on Twitter... so that'll do. I mean, girls usually get less clothes as games go by (in general); while guys get more clothes and armors??... :p

Cerrius said:
I want to use MK avatars not the shitty Live ones.

360 is really getting the short end of the stick here on all aspects.
I'm getting on PS3 but I think the Live avatars look better. Grass greener, etc.

I was hoping they'd include ALL classic costumes from MK1-3 as alts. Too bad we can't see Kano in his white uniform or Cage in his simplistic shorts/no tattoo.

_dementia said:
I'm getting on PS3 but I think the Live avatars look better. Grass greener, etc.
Same. I like my Xbox Avatar guy, but still going with the PS3 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom